PDA

View Full Version : What should Heat do with Michael Beasley?

beasted86
04-27-2010, 11:54 PM
Now that the season is over, and we can fully evaluate his progress and growth and playoff performance collectively, what should the Miami Heat do with Michael Beasley this summer?

Sadds The Gr8
04-27-2010, 11:55 PM
trade that pothead.

heatbb
04-28-2010, 01:20 AM
As the HEAT has no idea of how to use him (correction, he just needs freedom) trade him for as much pieces as possible. Beasley can be very valuable to a team that starts rebuilding.

Cromedome
04-28-2010, 02:08 AM
The Heat should give him a haircut. He looks like Da Vinci Code Tom Hanks out there.

kblo247
04-28-2010, 02:11 AM
Trade him for a piece (PG) or deal him for cash in the hopes of getting close to 2 max deals (sans Wade) for Boozer and Johnson.

abe_froman
04-28-2010, 02:13 AM
trade him for the best offer they can get

(heat fans descend in anger)

SNYmets86
04-28-2010, 02:53 AM
he should just pray

iggypop123
04-28-2010, 03:17 AM
try and get more cap room , or get a player for a sign and trade

Toenail Clipper
04-28-2010, 03:57 AM
Put his afro back

bigmac8675
04-28-2010, 04:09 AM
Just trade him... whether it be players/picks/money/whatever... just get it done.

JiffyMix88
04-28-2010, 04:35 AM
sign him to a max deal

KG21
04-28-2010, 05:24 AM
Just trade him he sucks ***!

DQL
04-28-2010, 12:02 PM
trade him for the best offer they can get

(heat fans descend in anger)

why would we get angry? The guy has disappointed me so much that I'd almost trade him for anything more useful. In a poll in Heat forum, only 24 out of 59 voters wanted to keep him. Even more surprisingly, 5 other players not named Wade got more votes than him (Haslem, Anthony, Chalmers, Q-Rich and Wright). That pretty much told the whole story

Let's see what Pat Riley will do with him. If the Heat salary dump him and Cook's 2.17M expiring contract and buy out James Jones, they'll have enough cap room for 3 max players w/o anyone taking paycut. That would be a pipe dream though

GSW Hoops
04-28-2010, 12:12 PM
Bring him off the bench.

Tony_Starks
04-28-2010, 12:17 PM
why would we get angry? The guy has disappointed me so much that I'd almost trade him for anything more useful. In a poll in Heat forum, only 24 out of 59 voters wanted to keep him. Even more surprisingly, 5 other players not named Wade got more votes than him (Haslem, Anthony, Chalmers, Q-Rich and Wright). That pretty much told the whole story

Let's see what Pat Riley will do with him. If the Heat salary dump him and Cook's 2.17M expiring contract and buy out James Jones, they'll have enough cap room for 3 max players w/o anyone taking paycut. That would be a pipe dream though

Im glad to see some Heat fans see this like you do. It seems like whenever his name was brought up here they were just giving him every excuse in the world for why he wasn't cutting it.

With all the attention D Wade gets on offense, the fact that he couldn't be a reliable number 2 option is pretty damn ridivulous!

Nighthawk
04-28-2010, 12:25 PM
Just trade him he sucks ***!

this

Jetsguy
04-28-2010, 12:36 PM
sign him to a max deal

agreed

Stunner
04-28-2010, 12:38 PM
Trade him to the Hornets for DC.

Hawkeye15
04-28-2010, 12:47 PM
either use him right and pray to god he gets it, or trade him for anything of value.

Ethix11
04-28-2010, 12:57 PM
For a player making 4.96 Mil next season, averaging 15 Ppg & 6 Rpg, I can understand fans of other teams wanting him traded so he can hopefully end up on their team. But for Heat fans that dont want him, if Beasley would have been a mid-1st round pick, I think you guys would be more tolerant of him. He makes pennies and although he hasent broken out yet, you guys want to sacrifice him for anything? If its for a better player, (not that much of a better player by the way) then you would have to triple the salary, and if its for a prospect, good luck getting the production Beasley offers as it is right now in his 2nd season plus you would give up this unmatched ceiling he has.

EDIT: In my opinion, the Heat has to run more offensive plays through him. I noticed how structured Bostons offense was and it looks like Miami had to look for the open man. Our sophemore coach could have used him more but decided not too because he wanted the team to compete and for that reason, Haslem had to take from Beasleys minutes because his defense could have cost us some games and the East was supposed to be stronger this year. So Spoelstra gave Beasley no room for rookie mistakes last year when he forced him to come off the bench or even this year. His expectations have been that of star players and people have erroneously compared him to other players in different kind of situations where they have had the freedom to make mistakes a be the 1st options where they produce big numbers because the offense runs through them.

DQL
04-28-2010, 01:09 PM
Im glad to see some Heat fans see this like you do. It seems like whenever his name was brought up here they were just giving him every excuse in the world for why he wasn't cutting it.

With all the attention D Wade gets on offense, the fact that he couldn't be a reliable number 2 option is pretty damn ridivulous!

those are only a few biased die hard Beasley fans who are blinded by his 'potential' and afraid to admit the truth. The majority of Heat fans are leaning towards trading him

And I have to make it clear to all Heat fans and other PSD posters: The reason why Beasley hasn't worked out isn't bc he sucks or he's a bust or whatever. It's bc Miami isn't the right system for him. The Heat is a disciplinary defensive team where no mistake should be made. That's why young players usually don't do well there (Beasley, Dorell Wright and Daequan Cook-the 3pt champ are among those). In Miami, hard work, defense, hustle and consistent play are more appreciated than potential. That's why Haslem has been there for so long. Beasley will do best for a team where the only thing he should be worried about is scoring and the offense runs through him. He's a system player and is the one who needs to be built around, not to complement someone else. He's a special talent, but needs a special situation to be successful (think AI). Miami isn't the place. He should leave. It's better for both sides

Hawkeye15
04-28-2010, 01:10 PM
those are only a few biased die hard Beasley fans who are blinded by his 'potential' and afraid to admit the truth. The majority of Heat fans are leaning towards trading him

And I have to make it clear to all Heat fans and other PSD posters: The reason why Beasley hasn't worked out isn't bc he sucks or he's a bust or whatever. It's bc Miami isn't the right system for him. The Heat is a disciplinary defensive team where no mistake should be made. That's why young players usually don't do well there (Beasley, Dorell Wright and Daequan Cook-the 3pt champ are among those). In Miami, hard work, defense, hustle and consistent play are more appreciated than potential. That's why Haslem has been there for so long. Beasley will do best for a team where the only thing he should be worried about is scoring and the offense runs through him. He's a system player and is the one who needs to be built around, not to complement someone else. He's a special talent, but needs a special situation to be successful (think AI). Miami isn't the place. He should leave. It's better for both sides

more than a few, as I have found out. Its funny how irrational fans can be at times about their own players.

raptor fan
04-28-2010, 01:45 PM
if they just want to get rid of him without taking on additional salary, I think they should move him to Milwaukee for the 15th pick.

PG: Jennings
SG: Delfino
SF: Salmons
PF: Beasely
C: Bogut

Also, the bucks would have Mbah a Moute coming off the bench who complements Beasely well. Beasely is a better offensive player, while Mbah a Moute is an outstanding defensive player.

abe_froman
04-28-2010, 02:10 PM

because many heat fans descend on anyone who suggests anything other than it might not be entirely everyone's fault but his own and his future greatness.you mentioned ai in comparing him and i do think its apt(a guy putting up an empty statline on poor efficiency,and has to be built around)

and i wouldnt do that,salary dump.while yes its nice for fans to fantasize about getting every top fa,a starting line up of 3 max guys...thats crossing over into lala land.what would happen if you struck out,you completely gutted the team

Sly Guy
04-28-2010, 02:15 PM
sign him to a max deal

this.

ATX
04-28-2010, 03:21 PM
"Sign him to a max deal"

"This"
"This"
"This"

:facepalm:

JiffyMix88