PDA

View Full Version : Panic time in Cleveland? Lebron's left handed FT

69centers
04-27-2010, 11:09 PM
http://twitter.com/MoBrooksESPN

All of Cleveland is in a panic - LeBron's arm is hurting so badly that he just shot a crucial free throw with his left hand. Wow.

It was sore after Game 4 and now may have gotten worse.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/36813302/ns/sports-player_news/

JNA17
04-27-2010, 11:12 PM
if it's serious, celtics fans are jizzing in their pants, if not, well you know the rest :D

carter15
04-27-2010, 11:14 PM
Want him to be healthy if/when we play them. If not it would almost feel wrong.

kArSoN RyDaH
04-27-2010, 11:14 PM
lebron james sprained his elbow. out 2-3 weeks until further notice.

jk . :D lmaoooo

heathonater
04-27-2010, 11:15 PM
higly doubt he will miss the next series unless he seriously injured his elbow. but, it might not be 100 percent so boston could see a less effective lebron.

bodupp311
04-27-2010, 11:15 PM
nah, they'll just make his weekly steroid shot a double & he'll be fine.

NastyRud
04-27-2010, 11:16 PM
He was fine. After he shot it, he just stood there watching the shot. It wasn't until afterwards when he missed when he grabbed his arm. Just tryin 2 be a Drama Queen. In fact that's my new name 4 James. All Hail Queen James

ManRam
04-27-2010, 11:17 PM
His post-game interview made it seem like he'll be fine.

marlinsfan24
04-27-2010, 11:20 PM
He'll be fine.

TheKing23
04-27-2010, 11:23 PM
Why am I not surprised a Celtic fan made this thread...

He's got at least 4 more days to get some rest, give his arm a rest and he'll be ready for the C's. If he missed his first free throw he would've shot that second one right handed, he probably just wanted to create some drama.

td0tsfinest
04-27-2010, 11:23 PM
It doesn't look like its any type of structural problem. Could just be a bruised elbow. We'll just have to wait and see.

_KB24_
04-27-2010, 11:31 PM
What an attention whore ;)

He'll be fine for the second round.

JordansBulls
04-27-2010, 11:35 PM
http://twitter.com/MoBrooksESPN

It was sore after Game 4 and now may have gotten worse.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/36813302/ns/sports-player_news/

I think it is because he will see Pierce in the next series.

tr4shb0t
04-27-2010, 11:38 PM
he can still dunk right? what's the problem?

cubs0707
04-27-2010, 11:49 PM
simple do u think lebron is just fakeing his injury for some attention.

NaccAttack11
04-27-2010, 11:49 PM
Does anyone realize that there are 3 Lebron threads in the NBA top 5?

Avenged
04-27-2010, 11:51 PM
Whoa! 4 threads on Lebron in the first page alone. :speechless:

tdunk21
04-27-2010, 11:53 PM
he gets all his attention with his athleticism and his game....why the eff would he fake an injury to get attention.....how do u get stupid ideas like this one.....grow the **** up

Sadds The Gr8
04-27-2010, 11:54 PM
he gets all his attention with his athleticism and his game....why the eff would he fake an injury to get attention.....how do u get stupid ideas like this one.....grow the fcuk up

this.

dodie53
04-27-2010, 11:55 PM
he'll be fine.
he's not human
hehe.

Miltown34
04-27-2010, 11:56 PM
nah, they'll just make his weekly steroid shot a double & he'll be fine.

lol

Apophis
04-28-2010, 12:19 AM
Of course he is faking it... Women fake it with men all the time.. so why wouldnt he fake it... :facepalm:

Geargo Wallace
04-28-2010, 12:22 AM
Chicago fan looking for attention.

lexworld2009
04-28-2010, 12:26 AM
idk but apparently his been hurt for sumtime now with this elbow and he says sumtimes it goes numb if it is hit , weird the way he drives to the basket and forces the contact that this wasn't an issue before so yeah I think he faking it

nyballa1991
04-28-2010, 12:31 AM
he's hurt yea..is he milking it for attention? YES definitely

OrderOfCook
04-28-2010, 12:38 AM
Yes, the best player in the world, in front of a jubilant sold-out crowd, during a game on national TV, where he is one assist shy of getting his second triple-double in a row, his team wins a playoff series, he has the Celtics to turn his focus toward and about 6 days before he is going to be named MVP wants MORE attention.

THINK before you make a thread.

clehmun
04-28-2010, 12:39 AM
he's not faking it, but i doubt it's anything too serious.

albertc86
04-28-2010, 12:46 AM
He grimaced on the first free throw but he could've shot the second one with his right hand --- shooting with his left hand was a little melodramatic. And why show pain? We all know he's going to be a beast against the Celtics and the analysts/commentators are going to mention his injury and blah, blah, blah... I just think it's a little much.

iggypop123
04-28-2010, 12:56 AM
just preparing to outduel pierce with 10 second injuries

DODGERS&LAKERS
04-28-2010, 01:01 AM
He is just taking a shot at Paul Peirce. Showing his future opponents he can fake an injury too.

NPH
04-28-2010, 01:06 AM
he gets all his attention with his athleticism and his game....why the eff would he fake an injury to get attention.....how do u get stupid ideas like this one.....grow the fcuk up

Thats the second time that youve told somebody to grow up today.
I cant even manage to tell someone that once in a day

Raph12
04-28-2010, 01:10 AM
Yeah he's faking, because... Well... Just because. :facepalm:

clutchski
04-28-2010, 01:13 AM
Pierce would fake. Lebron..no in my opinion.

NINER/BLAZER
04-28-2010, 01:15 AM
He is just taking a shot at Paul Peirce. Showing his future opponents he can fake an injury too.

Dude, you beat me too it. I was just getting ready to type something to that affect and then I got to your post. Great minds. Seriously though there is probably something minor going on. He makes the first free throw easily and suddenly cant even attempt the second with his right hand. He was just going for a moment like MJ closing his eyes. After seeing this and the way he treated that ballboy the other night my respect is going down for the guy.

Toenail Clipper
04-28-2010, 01:16 AM
He's faking it so that when people compare LeBron to Kobe, LeBron also has an excuse.

jackdawson
04-28-2010, 01:17 AM
simple do u think lebron is just fakeing his injury for some attention.:facepalm::facepalm:

I believe you don't have a life.

Raph12
04-28-2010, 01:18 AM
Could be big down the stretch, but playing the Celts won't be easy no matter what.

GoatMilk
04-28-2010, 01:19 AM
i think it's just a weird injury

i remember Kobe was hurt like this in december vs the Kings

he played the last of the 4th and OT's with 1 arm
he didnt miss any games.

Bron's got til Saturday to get worked on. he's fine

jackdawson
04-28-2010, 01:20 AM
He's faking it so that when people compare LeBron to Kobe, LeBron also has an excuse.

well done! For the first time you agreed that kobe's faking :p

_KB24_
04-28-2010, 01:31 AM
He's playing mind games with Pierce.

Seriously, this thread deserves a :facepalm:

Superstars don't fake injuries. Wannabees like Pierce do.

sventhedog
04-28-2010, 01:41 AM

i don't disagree with this. but if he really gets enough attention with athleticism and his game. why on earth would he dance in a middle of a game, make stupid remarks about scoring titles, make dumb gestures when hitting shots, and spend so much time thinking about pre-game intro shows?

if he was a clown or someone in the circus or american idol, i wouldn't mind him doing any of that.

and please don't tell me he is trying to entertain the crowd. it's just what the nba says to protect him and encourage people to watch games.

hear me out. if you win games, you entertain the crowd. if you make big shots, you entertain the crowd. if you win titles, you entertain the crowd.

now why would you need to do something else?? maybe in the back of your mind, you can't do those things i just mentioned?

GspLAL
04-28-2010, 01:51 AM
Yeah for sure he's faking it, as is Kobe, Brandon Roy, Pierce, oh wait Pierce does fake it :D jk jk

CAVS21
04-28-2010, 01:51 AM
:facepalm::facepalm:

I believe you don't have a life.

THIS^ bahahahahahaha:clap:

LA_Raiders
04-28-2010, 02:40 AM
Yes, He is a Cry baby like Pierce...

stawka
04-28-2010, 02:44 AM
He'll be fine. He has a few days to rest it, thank God the Cavs got the win because I wouldn't want to go to Chicago for a game-6 with LeBron sore

ldc62
04-28-2010, 02:47 AM
wow people need to realize this is all part of Lebron's plan. Lets get real with it... he loves attention (even Cavs fans can't deny). So when he dominates the Celtics, everyone will be 20 times as impressed because they think hes injured... I'm not buying into how serious this injury is. If he sits out then I'll believe him.

ARMIN12NBA
04-28-2010, 02:48 AM
It wasn't crucial. They had a 4 point lead with seconds left against an incompetent 41 win team. Lebron was fine the free-throw before. He had wiggle room to do this so he did it for dramatic effect. At best, he makes it and is a hero. At worst, he misses and he gets all the attention on his "injury."

SNYmets86
04-28-2010, 02:49 AM

LMAO so true

ldc62
04-28-2010, 02:51 AM
Its not fake, just that hes making it seem like its more serious than it is.... Everyone is going to be 20 times more impressed if he dominates the Celtics, because they think hes hurting badly... Good plan by Lebron, but can't fool me.

ARMIN12NBA
04-28-2010, 02:54 AM
I think he is exaggerating the injury. Not completely faking it, but exaggerating it. Anybody who watches the Cavs religiously knows that Lebron will have a light fall every time the Cavs are down or in trouble, Lebron will seem like he is in excruciating pain, will limp around even though it's a hand injury or something, and is fine in 15 seconds.

Truthfully, this just seems like the perfect built in scape-goat. If they lose the championship, then blame it on the elbow. Blame it on the e-e-e-e-e-elbow.

stawka
04-28-2010, 02:54 AM
I'm just waiting for one Celtics fan to call LeBron out for faking or something lol. If that happens, I will hammer into him so hard and make sure my account gets closed (and PSD for that matter).

Anyway, why the hell would LeBron fake something like that?He's been knocked around a countless number of times but he just goes about his business. He is obviously in some sort of discomfort, but a few days rest will help the guy out. LeBron faking an injury for attention? LOL!!

ARMIN12NBA
04-28-2010, 02:58 AM
I'm just waiting for one Celtics fan to call LeBron out for faking or something lol. If that happens, I will hammer into him so hard and make sure my account gets closed (and PSD for that matter).

Anyway, why the hell would LeBron fake something like that?He's been knocked around a countless number of times but he just goes about his business. He is obviously in some sort of discomfort, but a few days rest will help the guy out. LeBron faking an injury for attention? LOL!!

The only odd thing about Lebron's injury is that there is absolutely zero sign of an injury. Zilch. Nada. Nothing.

Like I said, maybe some minor pain from repetitive and excessive use of the arm, but this is clearly greatly exaggerated by all the evidence in front of us.

Sox Appeal
04-28-2010, 02:59 AM

:laugh2:

I think he is exaggerating the injury. Not completely faking it, but exaggerating it. Anybody who watches the Cavs religiously knows that Lebron will have a light fall every time the Cavs are down or in trouble, Lebron will seem like he is in excruciating pain, will limp around even though it's a hand injury or something, and is fine in 15 seconds.

The limping on a hand injury thing, isn't true. But I do agree, LeBron does tend to go over the top, even on the slightest of injuries. If he gets poked in the eye, he'll fall the floor, and start rolling around like somebody shot him. Then a few seconds later, he'll be fine, and it's like nothing happened.

With that said, I do think the elbow is a legit injury. He wouldn't have taken that FT left-handed, nor would he have gone back into the locker-room during Game 4, if he wasn't having some type of discomfort with it.

tdunk21
04-28-2010, 03:01 AM
i don't disagree with this. but if he really gets enough attention with athleticism and his game. why on earth would he dance in a middle of a game, make stupid remarks about scoring titles, make dumb gestures when hitting shots, and spend so much time thinking about pre-game intro shows?

if he was a clown or someone in the circus or american idol, i wouldn't mind him doing any of that.

and please don't tell me he is trying to entertain the crowd. it's just what the nba says to protect him and encourage people to watch games.

hear me out. if you win games, you entertain the crowd. if you make big shots, you entertain the crowd. if you win titles, you entertain the crowd.

now why would you need to do something else?? maybe in the back of your mind, you can't do those things i just mentioned?

this thread is about his injury.....can u stfu....u r boring

LA Faithful
04-28-2010, 03:02 AM
Queen James is a drama queen. With his fake *** winces.

He knew the game was in hand and wanted to give writers something to write about if he made it. His first free throw was flawless. What a *****!

LA Faithful
04-28-2010, 03:04 AM

He knew the game was in hand and wanted to give writers something to write about if he made it. His first free throw was flawless. What a *****!

Him and Paul Pierce attended acting school together.

tdunk21
04-28-2010, 03:16 AM

u b.i.t.c.h about this in evry thread??:facepalm:

15carlos21
04-28-2010, 03:20 AM
I'm sure he had a little pain but x-rays showed no damage...so him shooting a free throw lefty was just him being a drama queen. Its a disgrace considering the injuries these NHL players are playing with in their playoffs

JonnyB424
04-28-2010, 03:32 AM

Him and Paul Pierce attended acting school together.

x 2!!!!!!!!!!!!! seriously, Le Brick is a fake ***** P*NE!! He's just trying to be like kobe. Think about it: Kobe is playing with MANY injuries, while Le BRick is as healthy as can be, so he decides to fake an injury to get as much attention as possible, so he can try to be at Kobe's level while playing "INJURED"....what a BS player....I hate him with a passion that is not how you play basketball...he's all about stats and money...players like him shouldn't be in the league....guys I had a dream to play in the league, not to make money, but to get "paid" to play the greatest sport of all time! And guys like Le Brick RUIN this sport.... just my opinion

stawka
04-28-2010, 07:09 AM
LOL!!!

Now "Le Brick" (who clearly is the best player in the league even with a "brick" of a shot) is RUINING this sport. Wait wait wait... Let me guess... Kobe is your favorite player in the league???

KG21
04-28-2010, 07:53 AM
Bunch of kids in here.

You guys fail, just watch and enjoy the game dont be bunch of biatches and moan cuz you dont like the guy.
all the haters should STFU!

Better?

koreancabbage
04-28-2010, 07:59 AM
wow, you guys are all haters, now i really know he's the best player in the NBA ROFL. the more hate player accumulates = great player according to PSD standards lol

Jaji
04-28-2010, 08:03 AM
It wasn't crucial. The first shot, which he made to push the lead to 4, was crucial. That made it a 2 possession game with like 7 seconds left, essentially icing it. Not only that, the left handed FT came off the rim funny so the rebound could have gone either way or easily been knocked out of bounds. Worst case scenario (which actually happened), Chicago gets the rebound, a second runs off the clock and they have to burn a TO. Still a 2 possession game.

Shame on LeBron though for not being a better FT shooter (overall, not just left handed). I can honestly shoot FTs better with my left (I'm RH) than LeBron can with his right and I'm not exaggerating at all.

sventhedog
04-28-2010, 08:32 AM
he probably was just exagerating. maybe he just got pinched by someone on the elbow. but the way he was acting, it looks like he fractured his elbow into 7 pieces.

if he is really injured, i don't think it would affect him that much. he has time to rest. by that time he recovers, there might be some pain. but he can still dunk, layup, pass, dance, make stupid gestures.
it might be his shooting arm but don't tell me he'll lose silky smooth stroke because you can't lose what you never had. lol.

lebron fans should celebrate instead, it might somehow improve his relatively unreliable jumper by a couple of percentage.

sventhedog
04-28-2010, 08:51 AM
if you think of it he knows exactly what he was doing.

when he was in danger of losing the scoring title to durant because the cavs want to rest him. he made some comments a few weeks ago about "not caring about the scoring title" and that "he can win it every year if he wanted to." now he officially lost, he'll have an excuse. lebron fans would have an excuse that lebron gave the scoring title to durant. lol

now if you think of it. if you fake an injury, you just win in every thing that happens next. if they lose to the celts, lebron will say he was not a 100%. if he struggles with his shooting like the previous playoffs, he'll say that he is bothered by his elbow. but if he wins, he'll be a great player withstanding the injury. he'll be close to jordan's flu performance a decade ago.

what have you got to lose for faking an injury?

that's why this is what every player should start to practice. take advantage of any hit, it can be a justification of a fake injury. no one will be able to say you didn't get hurt. you'll just get the benefits.

pierce is one of the players i've seen doing this.

after the cavs win the boston series, lebron will be a great player. a hero with one arm. a gun with no bullet. a car with no steering wheel. beavis without butthead.

you just have to believe it. lol.

SirCalvin81
04-28-2010, 09:23 AM
those no reason to fake an injury when the series is over, bostons gonna come hard if hes injured or not

tjlipford
04-28-2010, 09:38 AM
Hell be alright. Lebron wants all the attention though. A lot of people dont know but this has been bothering him for over a month now, but just got tweaked again last night.

Boston fans hope he is hurt, but I dont think it is really that big of a deal. He will be ready to play come saturday though so Get ready

Tha Truth
04-28-2010, 10:57 AM
In his post game interview he just said he's healthy and he will be fine.

Cleveland fans have nothing to worry about.

Yankees Suck
04-28-2010, 07:28 PM
What an attention whore ;)

He'll be fine for the second round.

Are we talking about Phil Jackson again?

robdizzle3
04-28-2010, 07:43 PM
Lebron is alright. He didnt wince or anything after the first free throw, but as soon as he missed the last one, he started holding it everywhere. He tried to pull a Jordan and do a left handed free throw, but missed. He was trying to be cocky and tried to cover it up.

Toenail Clipper
04-28-2010, 07:48 PM
wow, you guys are all haters, now i really know he's the best player in the NBA ROFL. the more hate player accumulates = great player according to PSD standards lol

No, Kevin Durant, Dwyane Wade and Dwight Howard are great players, they're not hated.

RaptorsFanatic
04-28-2010, 08:45 PM
lol some fiend already made a twitter account called "Lebron's Elbow"..and it has over 1000 followers.

http://twitter.com/LeBronsElbow

CAVS21
04-29-2010, 03:17 AM
He was fine. After he shot it, he just stood there watching the shot. It wasn't until afterwards when he missed when he grabbed his arm. Just tryin 2 be a Drama Queen. In fact that's my new name 4 James. All Hail Queen James

Funny that your team is going golfing now and not moving on to play the Cs

CAVS21
04-29-2010, 03:20 AM
And Boston fans that were jizzing there pants.....get ready for him to unleash holy hell on you guys for the next two weeks....This series is going to be amazing now that the Cs are in playoff form and playing well.....should be a F***ING BRAWL!!