PDA

View Full Version : Bulls go down fighting, eliminated in 5.

fairandbalanced
04-27-2010, 10:46 PM
The Bulls were eliminated by the Cavaliers in Game 5 of round 1, the Bulls gave it their all but the Refs and Lebron James proved too much a match-up. The Cavs will face the Celtic in round 2. We'll have to anticipate how much $ KG/Rasheed will have to pay in fines for complaining about Lebron calls.

Young and Stupid
04-27-2010, 10:49 PM
Do you type this out and then sit there waiting for a team facing elimination to miss or for the winning team to make a free-throw then click submit? Do you take pride in seeing your name under thread starter? Seriously I'm curious? This is very peculiar.

td0tsfinest
04-27-2010, 10:51 PM
Do you type this out and then sit there waiting for a team facing elimination to miss or for the winning team to make a free-throw then click submit? Do you take pride in seeing your name under thread starter? Seriously I'm curious? This is very peculiar.

pretty much.

black1605
04-27-2010, 10:51 PM
so much crying about the refs

ManRam
04-27-2010, 10:52 PM
Captain Obvious strikes again ;)

ElMarroAfamado
04-27-2010, 10:55 PM
the cavs are supposed to be title contenders and they struggled this much against the BULLS really?
i watched all the games and they dont look like a championship contender to me...

69centers
04-27-2010, 10:56 PM
Lebron just hurt his arm and had to shoot his last free throw left handed. Could be a huge factor if he's not 100%.

Mr.WhiteSox
04-27-2010, 10:56 PM

dude shut up

Bullsfan22
04-27-2010, 11:00 PM
loll to the celtics "kill the beast while he's wonded"

NastyRud
04-27-2010, 11:00 PM
Lebron just hurt his arm and had to shoot his last free throw left handed. Could be a huge factor if he's not 100%.

HaHa, he's fine. After the FT, he just stood there tryin 2 use body motion to will the FT in. It wasn't until after he missed when he grabbed his arm.

MGB
04-27-2010, 11:02 PM
so much crying about the refs

did ya watch the games?!? :eyebrow:

esp tonight's game 5, it was blatantly obvious. they called back to back phantom fouls on Brad Miller, then the next time down called another phantom foul on Noah. The whole game was brutal, the refs basically did just enough to make sure the Bulls couldn't win.

69centers
04-27-2010, 11:03 PM
HaHa, he's fine. After the FT, he just stood there tryin 2 use body motion to will the FT in. It wasn't until after he missed when he grabbed his arm.

It's been sore since Game 4, and it looks like it got worse. He definitely shot it with his left because his right was hurting. Mike Brown asked him about it and he said something like "my arm was ...." but I couldn't make it out.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/36813302/ns/sports-player_news/

MGB
04-27-2010, 11:04 PM

ya that was bogus as hell. He was just trying to show off.

effen5
04-27-2010, 11:11 PM
I feel bad for the Celtics that they have to goto Cleveland...

iggypop123
04-27-2010, 11:12 PM
one thing the celtics can bring is 3 point shooting. pierce had an amazing percentage but he doesnt rely on it. and allen is always solid from 3. the bulls had to rely on hinrich either making it or building houses with all the bricks he thew up

JordansBulls
04-27-2010, 11:12 PM

He doesn't want any part of Boston.

Sadds The Gr8
04-27-2010, 11:15 PM

agreed.

tjlipford
04-27-2010, 11:19 PM
He doesn't want any part of Boston.
Yea OK

MaHaRaJaH
04-27-2010, 11:20 PM
Yes Lebron and the refs, because clearly Chi town had a legitimate chance.

Shammyguy3
04-27-2010, 11:22 PM
Yes Lebron and the refs, because clearly Chi town had a legitimate chance.

If you watched the game, they did.

Back-to-back dumba-- calls on Brad Miller, then the same call on Noah.

Derrick Rose and-1 called off, when it should've counted.

That was the turning point of the game.

SirCalvin81
04-27-2010, 11:24 PM
hope its a good series with boston, i got cavs in 6

Red222
04-27-2010, 11:27 PM
congrats cav fans

Hawkize31
04-27-2010, 11:29 PM
the cavs are supposed to be title contenders and they struggled this much against the BULLS really?
i watched all the games and they dont look like a championship contender to me...

They won the series 4 to 1 lol, and a couple of the wins were blowouts, including one in Chicago.

effen5
04-27-2010, 11:40 PM
They won the series 4 to 1 lol, and a couple of the wins were blowouts, including one in Chicago.

Actually I would only consider 1 game a blow out, the rest were fairly close.

AI4MVP
04-27-2010, 11:48 PM
anyone who says derrick rose isnt headed for/at superstardom is either a hater or knows nothing about basketball

D_Rose1118
04-27-2010, 11:51 PM
anyone who says derrick rose isnt headed for/at superstardom is either a hater or knows nothing about basketball

yup

Shammyguy3
04-28-2010, 12:23 AM
yup

IversonIsKrazy
04-28-2010, 12:49 AM
Refs rigged game 2 and 5. Bulls could've won both, to lose in game 7 and bin great to watch, but nonetheless, Cavs would've won the series.

Congradz Cavs

OrderOfCook
04-28-2010, 12:55 AM
Rigged? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Amazing.

And Rose will be a super-star no doubt, but his decision making skills ain't so hot. That last lateral movement floater with the off-hand was a terrible, terrible choice. Vinny's expression of "what the hell is that..." when he was doing it says it all. I realize they were going for a quick two to extend the game but that was awful, truly awful.

bbcmillionaire
04-28-2010, 12:58 AM
Ow well we'll be back, lol we just want some respect

Draco
04-28-2010, 12:59 AM
Rigged? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Amazing.

And Rose will be a super-star no doubt, but his decision making skills ain't so hot. That last lateral movement floater with the off-hand was a terrible, terrible choice. Vinny's expression of "what the hell is that..." when he was doing it says it all. I realize they were going for a quick two to extend the game but that was awful, truly awful.

I'm not sure if that was a terrible choice or the shot he was forced to take.. in any case, do you really think that one play epitomizes Rose's decision making throughout the series?

D1JM
04-28-2010, 01:34 AM
If you watched the game, they did.

Back-to-back dumba-- calls on Brad Miller, then the same call on Noah.

Derrick Rose and-1 called off, when it should've counted.

That was the turning point of the game.

as a bulls fan i've seen calls that should be on rose favor that i say wtf. Does the guy have to cry and complain like durant, kobe, wade, lebron to get a call? He had that shot and plus 1 but got called off. Why didnt they check the replay like they did the next play? Its ******** and sad at the same time cuz the cavs shouldnt need the refs to win.

michelangelo
04-28-2010, 02:48 AM
Man, I've been reading the hype on this Rose kid, and I've got to say, I believe it's justified. He's going to put up ridiculous numbers over the next 12 years.

He's one of the most entertaining players to watch in the entire assoc. Cheap azz Reinsdorf won't shell out for a max deal though to put 'em over the hump.

Look for Rose to be playing elsewhere when he wants to get paid like the big boys.

stawka
04-28-2010, 02:51 AM
LOL lets mention a couple of foul calls that happened during the game that caused the Bulls to lose? But forget the only game the balls won, LeBron got called for a charge at the end which could have gone either way and led to an "and-1"... But let's not mention that, coz LeBron ALWAYS gets calls and the Bulls ALWAYS get robbed.

Stay classy

Raph12
04-28-2010, 02:59 AM
LOL lets mention a couple of foul calls that happened during the game that caused the Bulls to lose? But forget the only game the balls won, LeBron got called for a charge at the end which could have gone either way and led to an "and-1"... But let's not mention that, coz LeBron ALWAYS gets calls and the Bulls ALWAYS get robbed.

Stay classy

It's not like Chitown would win, but those 4 consecutive fouls against Miller/Noah were bs and will mean much more in the next few series... If they call it like that for guys defending Shaq, they might as well just hand over the trophy now.

bigmac8675
04-28-2010, 04:09 AM
Buh Bye....

D1JM
04-28-2010, 08:53 AM
It's not like Chitown would win, but those 4 consecutive fouls against Miller/Noah were bs and will mean much more in the next few series... If they call it like that for guys defending Shaq, they might as well just hand over the trophy now.

And all those bs calls on the bulls. If u guys make it to the ECF which u guys should u guys should just let shaq go through cuz Howard won't play over two minutes a qt

king4day
04-28-2010, 09:11 AM
If Chicago could land Bosh, and/or Wade, they will be the Favs in the league next year. That team is a superstar away from elite status.

chitownbulls
04-28-2010, 09:15 AM
If Chicago could land Bosh, and/or Wade, they will be the Favs in the league next year. That team is a superstar away from elite status.

I would love to get Joe Johnson and Chris Bosh

Rose
Johnson
Deng
Bosh
Noah
= deadlyyyy

Shammyguy3
04-28-2010, 09:23 AM
Man, I've been reading the hype on this Rose kid, and I've got to say, I believe it's justified. He's going to put up ridiculous numbers over the next 12 years.

He's one of the most entertaining players to watch in the entire assoc. Cheap azz Reinsdorf won't shell out for a max deal though to put 'em over the hump.

Look for Rose to be playing elsewhere when he wants to get paid like the big boys.

Rose is from Chicago, and Reinsdorf has repeatedly said that he'll go over the luxury tax if the team is championship-caliber. Rose will never leave chicago

barreleffact
04-28-2010, 09:53 AM

he seems pretty injury prone to me, honestly

RipVW
04-28-2010, 10:35 AM

Whats really sad is that Shaq has built a career on committing charging fouls by throwing his big butt into a defender that has position. And then when he's finally within a foot of the basket after throwing his big butt into defenders that had position, the defender is forced to foul him when he goes to dunk the ball and Shaq actually has the nerve to complain about this. But this kind of a foul is sort of a seperate item that is unique to Shaq.

Specific to this series/game, though, there was a couple of fouls where Lebron fouled Rose going to the basket and they ignored it, plus there was the hip check by Shaq on Rose that was blatantly obvious. But by far the worst call was when Shaq practically tried to knock Rose down when Rose was clearly going to the basket and he ends up knocking down the shot while off balance but, of course, they waved off the basket. That was shameful.

gerber
04-28-2010, 10:38 AM
Bulls didn't go down fighting. They got raped.

Southsideheat
04-28-2010, 10:56 AM
who really cares, the arrow is pointing up for Chicago, people can deny it all they want but its true. If they don't get what they want this summer, do they have enough patience to wait for Melo? If you think about it, that may be the best combo for Rose.

sep11ie
04-28-2010, 10:58 AM

He just needed to give ESPN something to talk about.

Iodine
04-28-2010, 11:04 AM
PSD: Where *****ing at every moment that doesnt go your teams way happens, because it clearly was the refs

DaBUU
04-28-2010, 11:05 AM
Good series, there were a lot of questionable calls, but c'mon lets be real we were in it for the experience. Whether we got those calls or not we went up against greatness, i cant deny Lebron that anymore. I just hope DRose and Joakim earned a little more respect here on PSD for th e way they both played. And lets go Cavs against those green bastages.

RipVW
04-28-2010, 11:13 AM
Good series, there were a lot of questionable calls, but c'mon lets be real we were in it for the experience. Whether we got those calls or not we went up against greatness, i cant deny Lebron that anymore. I just hope DRose and Joakim earned a little more respect here on PSD for th e way they both played. And lets go Cavs against those green bastages.

I agree with this. Its almost better that it ended in a close game with a lot of questionable calls. If there were no bad calls and the Bulls would have won last night, they could have just as easily lost by 20 the following game and the offseason tone is slightly different.

drama1386
04-28-2010, 11:19 AM
well i can honestly say that after this season and after watching this series, joakim noah has earned my respect as a player. i hated him when he got drafted (he said he didn't wanna be drafted by milwaukee) and he just flat out annoyed me. but now, after watching his progression as a player, he has earned my respect.

michelangelo
04-28-2010, 12:25 PM
I wonder what his max potential is?

Can anyone see Rose becoming a 30 point a game scorer, or a 27+ pts a game scorer, either in the category of Dwayne Wade or Carmelo?

he seems pretty injury prone to me, honestly

SchyGuy11
04-28-2010, 12:36 PM
i hate both teams orlando will beat either one

Hawkeye15
04-28-2010, 12:55 PM
i hate whining about the refs, but the opening of the 4th, with Miller and Noah getting those fouls calls on Shaq were ridiculous. But, the series is over, so it doesnt matter now

kozelkid
04-28-2010, 12:56 PM

Stay classy

Because it was clearly obvious that refs favored the Cavs.
Don't even try to slip those ******** fouls that shaq managed to get away with in game 5 under the rug. They were crap and even the announcers admitted it.
Hell, here's a nice summary of how ****** the officiating in game one was. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpZBhaX1_wo&feature=player_embedded
As for the Lebron one, no it was a charge. Lebron lowered his shoulder, end of story. Hell considering how often Lebron lowers his shoulder, there should be so many more charges on him. Or Shaq, who elbows the defender everytime he looks to score. Hell, Shaq made his career out of that.
With that said, Bulls still probably wouldn't have won. But I do believe it could have went to at least 6 games. NBA officiating has always been ******, there's no debate to that. And this series was a great example of such.

Raph12
04-28-2010, 02:24 PM
i hate whining about the refs, but the opening of the 4th, with Miller and Noah getting those fouls calls on Shaq were ridiculous. But, the series is over, so it doesnt matter now

It'll matter when Dwight picks up those bs calls in the ECFs, it will be the deciding factor in the series IMO.

RipVW
04-28-2010, 02:30 PM

Can anyone see Rose becoming a 30 point a game scorer, or a 27+ pts a game scorer, either in the category of Dwayne Wade or Carmelo?

Hopefully, he's at 25-27ish pts per game because there's someone else to relieve the scoring load. I can see him scoring 30 per game when he is the only option but hopefully, he gets help.

iggypop123
04-28-2010, 02:31 PM
i dont so much mind the style of refs in a game but flat out mised calls i cant live with. it was kind of funny when rose missed out on a continuation and the refs didnt even bother to discuss it but when there was a shot clock violation against the bulls they spent 10 min looking at replays

ballpd05
04-28-2010, 03:03 PM

I think he could be, but he is a point guard. So if they are to be contenders I think he needs to be at least around 19 pts and 8 asts. He is a point guard so he should always look to make plays for others as well, if he scores 27+ a game as the point guard it is almost certain the offense will get stagnant. If the bulls don't get him help and he may have to like this year, but if they are legit contenders then he needs guys who can finish plays and get them involved to win.

I was told it's not very good if you're point guard lead the team in scoring by a large margin. It's like having a cornerback that leads the team in tackles or a receiver who leads the team in rushing.

ballpd05
04-28-2010, 03:06 PM

Stay classy

And the Joakim Noah hook on Lebron that wasn't called lol. Im just kidding I don't care for either team, but I thought that spin move to shot should've been an and 1.

TheKing23
04-28-2010, 03:15 PM
It'll matter when Dwight picks up those bs calls in the ECFs, it will be the deciding factor in the series IMO.

Making excuses already... :rolleyes:

DLeeicious
04-28-2010, 03:50 PM

Not only that but now the Cavs only have 5 games under their belt instead of 6 or 7. That is huge when you have a guy like Shaq on your team who gets extra rest now or Lebron who logs TONS of minutes. The Bulls were never going to win a game 7 in Cleveland, but the fact that there was no game 7 just hurts the Celtics and the Magic for future series.