PDA

View Full Version : Division Officially Out of Reach

NixHex23
04-27-2010, 07:43 PM
Cardinals sign Erin Miles.

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/mlb/news/story?id=5140376

CUBDOM4life
04-27-2010, 07:49 PM
Didn't Miles COST the Cubs wins and runs last year? Why would a contending team sign him? I realize he won't play everyday but he's only making them worse :confused:

Ah, who the **** cares.

Diehdcubsfan2
04-27-2010, 07:50 PM
Aaron Miles and yes were doomed

Captain Obvious
04-27-2010, 07:53 PM
Didn't Miles COST the Cubs wins and runs last year? Why would a contending team sign him? I realize he won't play everyday but he's only making them worse :confused:

Ah, who the **** cares.

Because he is a scrapper. Nearly to Ryan Theriot's level. He has a scrapper rating of 96. Which is good, but nothing to the Chicago God of Scrap, Ryan Theriot.

redbird89
04-27-2010, 07:53 PM
He's probably just a depth signing. Lopez is on the 15-day DL with his elbow problems. I have nothing against Aaron Miles as a person, though he's an average player. He may not be at the Major League level once Lopez is back (just my feeling, though).

Miles is Tony's kind of player. He's average, but he can also play many positions (he pitched before, too). Miles should be a good fill-in until Lopez returns. If it doesn't work out, they can release him.

He's a favorite among the players and fans, too, I think.

Captain Obvious
04-27-2010, 07:55 PM
He's probably just a depth signing. Lopez is on the 15-day DL with his elbow problems. I have nothing against Aaron Miles as a person, though he's an average player. He may not be at the Major League level once Lopez is back (just my feeling, though).

Miles is Tony's kind of player. He's average, but he can also play many positions (he pitched before, too). Miles should be a good fill-in until Lopez returns. If it doesn't work out, they can release him.

He is not average. His best season he was average. He just sucks ****.

Solid Snake
04-27-2010, 07:56 PM
Lmao.

LeoGetz
04-27-2010, 07:57 PM
JH better have a blockbuster on the back burner after hearing this.

semperfi
04-27-2010, 07:59 PM

If by favorite, you mean favorite to be picked on, then yes he definitely is..

Actually, if he is only around until Lopez is back, its really not a bad deal. But if he is getting starts..you're in trouble.

loublue22
04-27-2010, 10:28 PM
He will hit .320 for them.

hoggin88
04-27-2010, 10:34 PM
He will hit .320 for them.

And his line will be .320/.320/.320

Still not impressed. :p

Matchstckman
04-27-2010, 10:40 PM
And his line will be .320/.320/.320

Still not impressed. :p

I'd be impressed by that. But I'm a sucker for symmetry!!!!

Hockeyras
04-27-2010, 10:42 PM
Cardinals sign Erin Miles.

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/mlb/news/story?id=5140376

:clap:

redbird89
04-27-2010, 11:36 PM
If by favorite, you mean favorite to be picked on, then yes he definitely is..

Actually, if he is only around until Lopez is back, its really not a bad deal. But if he is getting starts..you're in trouble.

He was a fan favorite when he was here. From my experience, Cardinal fans like scrappiness and players who give it all they have, which Miles seemed to do in St. Louis. He may be treated differently now if he doesn't do well. But this is a low-risk, minor league contract. So if he doesn't play well he can be sent down or released. If he does play well, then it was a good signing.

ReJo
04-28-2010, 10:02 AM
Just curious who is paying this little ***** salary this year?
Is it us, the A's or the Reds? I remember Hendry getting the A's to send us some money

StrandedCub
04-28-2010, 10:11 AM
Just curious who is paying this little ***** salary this year?
Is it us, the A's or the Reds? I remember Hendry getting the A's to send us some money

Reds

GoCubbies65
04-28-2010, 11:03 AM
Aaron Miles and yes were doomed

Somebody doesn't get it

CashMoneyCubby
04-28-2010, 12:14 PM
Is it that bad right now that we're discussing Aaron Miles? Got to be something....interesting to talk about...

Diehdcubsfan2
04-28-2010, 01:00 PM
Somebody doesn't get it

yes haha, the OP made a bad joke about calling him a girl. haha

stlcardnlzfan
04-28-2010, 08:50 PM
There is no guarantee that Miles will even make it to the big leagues with the cards. He is in extended spring training down in florida right now to get in better shape and then most likely they say he will go to AAA to see if he has anything left. I really hope he doesn't get to the majors because i think he is a big steaming pile of crap!!!!!!! The bad thing is, is that Larussa loves Miles and so that scares me that they might give him shot in the majors, god please NO!:pray:

bulldog312
04-28-2010, 09:47 PM
If things work out the way they did last year for the Cards mid season pick ups he will probably put up an .850 OPS. Everything they touched turned to gold it seemed like.

CubbieSteve
04-29-2010, 03:29 PM
Elias can rest easy now (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idQmNjMICnA)

NixHex23
04-29-2010, 09:59 PM
Elias can rest easy now (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idQmNjMICnA)

Haha no way this dude is serious.

Tehjosha
04-29-2010, 10:00 PM

You must not know very much about Elias....

Cub_StuckinSTL
04-29-2010, 11:12 PM
He was a fan favorite when he was here. From my experience, Cardinal fans like scrappiness and players who give it all they have, which Miles seemed to do in St. Louis. He may be treated differently now if he doesn't do well. But this is a low-risk, minor league contract. So if he doesn't play well he can be sent down or released. If he does play well, then it was a good signing.

You can keep the "fan favorites" and the scrappy ones

CubbieSteve
04-29-2010, 11:21 PM

Too serious some say....

JWP83
04-30-2010, 11:58 AM
with 139 games to go the cubs are already 5.5 games back of the cardinals. anyone who thinks this team is going to contend better get there heads checked. The birds are to tough. They have better players, better coaches, a Way better manager and a better front office. I love how some on here say that people are over reacting to this horrible showing in April. We MIGHT win 85 games if we are lucky. The cubs do not have a bullpen, nor do they have a balanced line up to contend with the cards. End of Story. People are not over reacting.

JimHendrysTummy
04-30-2010, 12:02 PM
with 139 games to go the cubs are already 5.5 games back of the cardinals. anyone who thinks this team is going to contend better get there heads checked. The birds are to tough. They have better players, better coaches, a Way better manager and a better front office. I love how some on here say that people are over reacting to this horrible showing in April. We MIGHT win 85 games if we are lucky. The cubs do not have a bullpen, nor do they have a balanced line up to contend with the cards. End of Story. People are not over reacting.

Step back from the ledge buddy. Look at the standings on this date in 2007. Now take a deep breath.

Captain Obvious
04-30-2010, 12:03 PM

What part of 139 games don't you understand? That's a lot of damn games.

I still think we will contend, but I will not go get my head checked. I am perfectly sane.

Better players? No. Better coaches? Ehh, probably. Better Manager? Yes. Better front office? No.

We actually do have a bullpen, it is right down the left field line, you might have seen it once or twice.

You are probably right, we don't have a balanced line up, but that goes back to Lou, if he knew how to manage a ****ing line up, we would be just fine.

MJ-BULLS
04-30-2010, 01:05 PM
Erin Miles. :laugh2:

JWP83
04-30-2010, 05:46 PM
Step back from the ledge buddy. Look at the standings on this date in 2007. Now take a deep breath.

I will bet you 1000 dollars that they wont win this division. 2007 the cards sucked. I love the cubbies Im a realist. We will win 85 at best they will win 90 minimum.

redwhitenblue
04-30-2010, 05:47 PM
I will bet you 1000 dollars that they wont win this division. 2007 the cards sucked. I love the cubbies Im a realist. We will win 85 at best they will win 90 minimum.
Okay.

Stop bothering to post then, don't come around. If you're sure they won't win, then don't bother discussing it.

Captain Obvious
04-30-2010, 05:48 PM

Deal.

JWP83
04-30-2010, 05:50 PM
What part of 139 games don't you understand? That's a lot of damn games.

I still think we will contend, but I will not go get my head checked. I am perfectly sane.

Better players? No. Better coaches? Ehh, probably. Better Manager? Yes. Better front office? No.

We actually do have a bullpen, it is right down the left field line, you might have seen it once or twice.

You are probably right, we don't have a balanced line up, but that goes back to Lou, if he knew how to manage a ****ing line up, we would be just fine.

I will make you the same bet I made the other guy. 1000 dollars. I can take up to ten individual bets. I have taken 3. put your money where your mouth is. I love the Chicago Cubs. That doesn't mean I am not going to read the obvious writing on the wall. I will give you this IF and ONLY IF Carp, Wainright, Albert, Or Holliday get injured for a Significant amount of time this team WILL NOT win this division. No way we can win this division. But seriously Let me know if you are interested in making that bet. I like taking money via sports betting

Captain Obvious
04-30-2010, 05:53 PM
I will make you the same bet I made the other guy. 1000 dollars. I can take up to ten individual bets. I have taken 3. put your money where your mouth is. I love the Chicago Cubs. That doesn't mean I am not going to read the obvious writing on the wall. I will give you this IF and ONLY IF Carp, Wainright, Albert, Or Holliday get injured for a Significant amount of time this team WILL NOT win this division. No way we can win this division. But seriously Let me know if you are interested in making that bet. I like taking money via sports betting

Since you have stipulatons, I have some too

-Each of our opening day starters has to play 100 games.

-Koyie Hill can't play in more than 50 games

-If Lou is fired, I automatically win.

Doogolas
04-30-2010, 06:19 PM
:laugh2: I can't believe people don't think we can win this division.

Mell413
04-30-2010, 07:13 PM
I don't have a problem with people making the Cards the favorites. They probably deserve that right considering they won the division last year. That being said their lineup outside of Pujols and Holliday is pretty ordinary. I don't think there's anyway guys like Rasmus and Ludwick can maintain their current pace. Not saying the Cubs will win, but they certainly have a shot.