PDA

View Full Version : ESPN’s Skip Bayless calls Orlando Magic playoff sweep bologna

D Roses Bulls
04-27-2010, 07:17 PM
wanted to get your guys thoughts on this and not just Magic fans. I think Skip has a few screws lose in the head.

You have to wonder if Skip Bayless was persuaded into calling the Orlando Magic’s playoff performance “bologna” on ESPN’s First Take just for the sake of debate Tuesday morning.

Guest First Take host Jesse Palmer posed this debate question for Skip Bayless and guest commentators “2 Live Stews” Doug and Ryan Stewart on ESPN,

“Orlando. Bologna or filet?”

Both the Stews agreed the Orlando Magic is filet for collecting the first four-game sweep in franchise history and noted the impressive performances of Jameer Nelson, Michael Pietrus and, yes, even J.J. Redick.

With much hedging, ESPN’s Skip Bayless disagreed.

”I still don’t trust a team that’s built largely on Dwight Howard and Vince Carter. And I know he came on at the end of the year. I just think it’s going to be different in the next round and the next round. And I’m going to say this for the last time, I still say the Charlotte Bobcats would have been a tough matchup for LeBron James because they have four guys who are his size, 6-foot-8, long and athletic who can guard him and frustrate him which is why the Bobcats beat them the last three times.”

After his criticism, Skip Bayless praised the Magic’s impressive three-point shooting and said Orlando turned in one of the most devastating three point performances he’d ever seen.

“If they keep making threes like this, they’re going to win the NBA championship cause this is really hard to stop,” Skip Bayless said.

So what are your thoughts on the Magic’s playoff future? Will they advance to the Eastern Conference finals and beyond? Or do you agree with Skip in that sweeping the Bobcats largely on three-pointers is bologna?

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports-sentinel-sports-now/2010/04/27/espn%E2%80%99s-skip-bayless-calls-orlando-magic-playoff-sweep-bologna/

bigsams50
04-27-2010, 07:22 PM
I stopped taking Skip serious years ago

D Roses Bulls
04-27-2010, 07:25 PM
I stopped taking Skip serious years ago

i only like skip when hes talkin about "prince james" lol

TheKing23
04-27-2010, 07:31 PM
Skip Bayless is THE biggest idiot in all of sports broadcasting.

GoatMilk
04-27-2010, 07:33 PM
this is why Skip's mad, before the playoffs started he was hoping and praying the Cats would play the Cavs.
He was convinced that they would beat the cavs

didnt happen

so in their playoff preview section not long ago, he said that the Bobcats would beat Orlando, then beat Atlanta, then lose to Boston who was coming off a series win over Cleveland.

after the first 2 games of the 1st round, he was really really disappointed that Charlotte couldnt play Cleveland.

CAVS21
04-27-2010, 07:38 PM
Skip is legit an idiot. They swept Charlotte because they are better PERIOD. They will beat Miluwakee or Atlanta easily as well.

D Roses Bulls
04-27-2010, 07:46 PM
Skip is legit an idiot. They swept Charlotte because they are better PERIOD. They will beat Miluwakee or Atlanta easily as well.

i was gonna say wouldn't the magic play the celtics if the hawks lost, but i forgot theres a bracket so i guess they would play the bucks if the hawks lost.

ldc62
04-27-2010, 07:51 PM
Skip is hilarious. I only watch him when he insults Lebrick tho...

ManRam
04-27-2010, 07:53 PM
He did say at the end that he says that if they keep it up, they should win the title. So it wasn't all hate.

He was just arguing for the sake of arguing. It's his job. He's great at it, and he gets paid a ton for it. Can't blame him.

His analysis about how it's just Dwight and Vince is hilarious though. Did he watch those four games???? Hahaha...

m26555
04-27-2010, 07:53 PM
Well, I will say that Orlando did not play very well that series (they're just so much better than Charlotte that they were able to hide it) and that I also think Charlotte would have been a very tough matchup for Cleveland.

Raoul Duke
04-27-2010, 08:09 PM
So, to clarify Skip's argument, Orlando is not very good, but if they keep playing as good as they're playing right now, then they're going to win the championship. What?

ldc62
04-27-2010, 08:11 PM
My Dream: Skip Bayless and Tommy Heinsohn commentating on a Celtics vs Cavs game. Kinda OT but w.e.

wileyisTOFU
04-27-2010, 08:12 PM
show was better when it was called cold pizza and had woody ****ing paige, i miss my days of unemployment...

tredigs
04-27-2010, 08:34 PM
My Dream: Skip Bayless and Tommy Heinsohn commentating on a Celtics vs Cavs game. Kinda OT but w.e.

My house would turn into a class 4 tornado.

Raph12
04-27-2010, 08:44 PM
Skip Bayless is THE biggest idiot in all of sports broadcasting.

This... Now let's move on.

D Roses Bulls
04-27-2010, 08:50 PM
This... Now let's move on.

its fun to make fun of skip and ESPN though

sNaKeS
04-27-2010, 09:29 PM
show was better when it was called cold pizza and had woody ****ing paige, i miss my days of unemployment...

Dude that's what I'm going through right now! It's great being able to watch this in the morning and not worry about work. Then again, I would absolutely love to be making a paycheck though.......

JNA17
04-27-2010, 09:34 PM
http://media.ebaumsworld.com/picture/rock_maggee/RetardedTigerSays.png

jeter 2
04-27-2010, 09:46 PM
How are they reliant on Vince Carter and Dwight Howard? Has he ever heard of Rashard Lewis and Jameer Nelson? The only thing that would worry me about the Magic is Dwight Howard's foul troubles. That has to be fixed if they are going to win an NBA championship.

heathonater
04-27-2010, 10:46 PM
the magic should be able to get by boston, but dwight has got to stay in the game. orlando can win it all, but if dwight is in constant foul trouble throughout the playoffs they will get beat.

Raph12
04-28-2010, 01:21 AM
the magic should be able to get by boston, but dwight has got to stay in the game. orlando can win it all, but if dwight is in constant foul trouble throughout the playoffs they will get beat.

Magic play Hawks or Bucks, not Celts... If you watched the Lakers-Thunder game, you'd see the refs barely calling bs/touch/ticky-tac fouls that Dwight usually fouls out on.

That's why I said that there should be a universal guidelines of how to play, otherwise Dwight will struggle with foul trouble for the rest of his career.