PDA

View Full Version : Is Tyreke Evans really a PG?

JordansBulls
04-27-2010, 12:10 PM
Is Tyreke really going to be the PG for the Kings? Or did he just play it this year because they had no other ball handlers?

CityofTreez
04-27-2010, 12:15 PM
Yes. Tyreke Evans is a PG.

he can pass, get to the rim, play defense, and hit game winners.

beno Udrih could handle the ball for us, but Tyreke is just leagues better than him, so he needed to be the starting PG. While Beno can hit shots and only attempt layups with his left hand, Tyreke does the exact opposite. Agressively gets to the rim and makes amazing shots, but has a lackluster stroke.

bigsams50
04-27-2010, 12:18 PM
I was under the impression he was a PG

DerekRE_3
04-27-2010, 12:19 PM
:sigh:

People just don't get how the Kings offense works under Paul Westphal. The guard spots are completely interchangeable. Sometimes Beno Udrih ran the offense, sometimes Tyreke did. This could change literally from play to play. Is Tyreke a point guard? The answer isn't yes or no...it's who cares? On the defensive side of the ball, it is completely up to matchups as to who guards who. Tyreke Evans is a guard that can break down defenses and either finish at the rim or find an open teammate. Whatever you want to call that is up to you.

Also to note, as the season went on, Tyreke got better and better at being a playmaker and finding his teammates. Over the past 20 games or so he averaged 7 assists a game.

Stunner
04-27-2010, 12:21 PM
I thought he was put in that Lebron situation like his rookie year. Lebron played PG his rookie year then moved to SF, i could see Reke doing that but moving to the 2 guard spot and playing the 3 when he has to. I def think if they get Wall, Reke will have to play the 2.

JKiddFan4Life
04-27-2010, 12:23 PM
Good question, I would absolutely think PG, but didn't they trade Kevin Martin because of Tyreke? Why would they do that if Martin was a SG? Maybe it was just a money thing or just that Tyreke just deserved to be the primary scorer.

JKiddFan4Life
04-27-2010, 12:25 PM
Well DerekRE_3 answered my question. Yeah, the spots are definitely interchangeable in Westphal's system.

Chronz
04-27-2010, 12:25 PM
Hes a zero guard

ldc62
04-27-2010, 12:33 PM
They should play him at SG... but w.e. works, I can see him play PG, SG and SF.

29$JerZ
04-27-2010, 12:35 PM
Imo he is a combo guard but a damn good one so a traditional PG/SG is not needed, especially for the system/coach they have.

Infamous916
04-27-2010, 12:36 PM
Tyreke is a master of disaster ******** on vets and rook's alike. Give him ROY and lets be done with this season....

KnicksorBust
04-27-2010, 12:38 PM

People just don't get how the Kings offense works under Paul Westphal. The guard spots are completely interchangeable. Sometimes Beno Udrih ran the offense, sometimes Tyreke did. This could change literally from play to play. Is Tyreke a point guard? The answer isn't yes or no...it's who cares? On the defensive side of the ball, it is completely up to matchups as to who guards who. Tyreke Evans is a guard that can break down defenses and either finish at the rim or find an open teammate. Whatever you want to call that is up to you.

Also to note, as the season went on, Tyreke got better and better at being a playmaker and finding his teammates. Over the past 20 games or so he averaged 7 assists a game.

You gotta wonder what would happen if you traded Tyreke and finally let Beno loose... Championship?

CityofTreez
04-27-2010, 12:38 PM
He's a god damn Basketball Player

Ragun
04-27-2010, 12:39 PM
hes a combo guard?

DerekRE_3
04-27-2010, 12:43 PM
You gotta wonder what would happen if you traded Tyreke and finally let Beno loose... Championship?

Haha no doubt. In all seriousness Beno and Tyreke played pretty well together. Beno was a calming influence and very vocal this year, and he helped out Tyreke a lot. Mostly because of last year, people assume Beno sucks but he's actually a very solid player.

ARMIN12NBA
04-27-2010, 12:56 PM

This. Tyreke and Udrih both played a combo guard position. Udrih would bring the ball up the court a lot and Tyreke would sometimes as well. Tyreke would do more playmaking in terms of getting the ball on the wing and breaking down the defense.

mikantsass
04-27-2010, 12:56 PM
If Rose is a PG then so is Tyreke

caddiemaster
04-27-2010, 12:57 PM
As a warrior fan who has never seen him play.I'd say he,s a combo guard cappable of being a point but a little big for the spot and his lack of a jump shot makes him no 2 guard.So you'll just have to trade him..............to us!lol
To bad your team is having such a hard time figuring out his identity/possition!We all know what stephen curry is and what he does!I.E.point guard and best shooting rookie point guard of all time.....lol
Nice pick though!

CityofTreez
04-27-2010, 01:24 PM
not you again

Hellcrooner
04-27-2010, 03:40 PM
no he isnt but well Beno is so bad that they needed to put him there.

Dont sweat it if they pull the miracle of getting the 1 pick tyreke will take plenty of SG time next season.

JordansBulls
04-27-2010, 03:40 PM
Hes a zero guard

Which means?

Iodine
04-27-2010, 03:44 PM

The thread should have been locked after this lol

JordansBulls
04-28-2010, 07:03 PM
The thread should have been locked after this lol
:confused:

B.JenningsMVP
04-28-2010, 08:04 PM
Penny Hardaway!! haha

Hawkeye15
04-28-2010, 08:05 PM
I think he CAN play PG. But the Kings would be better off changing their offense up a bit by making him more of a Wade player. In order to do that however, they need to get someone at PG who isnt atrocious. And I am looking at you Beno

GoatMilk
04-28-2010, 08:07 PM
he's the same kind of PG as LeBron

DerekRE_3
04-28-2010, 08:10 PM
I think he CAN play PG. But the Kings would be better off changing their offense up a bit by making him more of a Wade player. In order to do that however, they need to get someone at PG who isnt atrocious. And I am looking at you Beno

Your thinking of the Beno 2 years ago. The Beno this year was actually pretty solid. The Kings weren't good this year because of inexperience, porous interior defense, and a lack of a post presence for most of the year.

dodie53
04-28-2010, 08:11 PM

scary thought.
;)

Hawkeye15
04-28-2010, 08:15 PM
Your thinking of the Beno 2 years ago. The Beno this year was actually pretty solid. The Kings weren't good this year because of inexperience, porous interior defense, and a lack of a post presence for most of the year.

no doubt he was better. But cmon dude, he is not a lead PG for a good team. His defense is not very good, although some of that has to do with his interior help NOT HELPING. But we both know Reke would have played the SG out of the gate had it not been for two things- Martin in the way, and no PG on the roster. I just personally feel they could use a player who is a very good on the ball defender, who can run an offense, and be physical.

DerekRE_3
04-28-2010, 08:24 PM
no doubt he was better. But cmon dude, he is not a lead PG for a good team. His defense is not very good, although some of that has to do with his interior help NOT HELPING. But we both know Reke would have played the SG out of the gate had it not been for two things- Martin in the way, and no PG on the roster. I just personally feel they could use a player who is a very good on the ball defender, who can run an offense, and be physical.

I agree, I'm just saying to call him "atrocious" is going too far. Beno would be a nice player off the bench for a playoff caliber team.

Toenail Clipper
04-28-2010, 08:28 PM
He's a god damn Basketball Player

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

billy17
04-28-2010, 11:26 PM
Whats a position matter?

The Kings want the ball in his hands as much as possible becuase he gets it done, makes things happen.. Regardless of what casual viewers say, he creates

If were talking defense hes most positions in the NBA

sargon21
04-29-2010, 12:52 AM
in the future he should switch to shooting guard imo