PDA

View Full Version : Golden State Warriors sale starts this week



asandhu23
04-27-2010, 03:19 AM
The sale of the Golden State Warriors begins this week as potential bidders receive financial details of the franchise.

There are at least 10 suitors, according to the SportsBusiness Journal. The potential buyers will have two to three weeks to make official bids for the franchise, according to sources cited by the SportsBusiness Journal.

The team will select up to four final bidders, who will then get to see more detailed financial information about the club.

Chris Cohan bought the Warriors for $119 million in 1995. He now owns 80 percent of the team and four partners own the remaining 20 percent. Sports marketers said they expect the club’s sale price could approach $400 million.

The final qualified bidders will have a few weeks to submit bids, with the team potentially completing a sale agreement by the NBA draft, set for June 24, the SportsBusiness Journal reported.

The sale is subject to league approval and could be completed by the start of the 2010-11 season.

Bidders have not been made public.

Two Bay Area business leaders are mentioned as bidders. Redwood City-based Oracle Corp. CEO Larry Ellison reportedly has an interest in buying the team, and Mark Mastrov, founder of the 24 Hour Fitness chain, has also expressed interest.

Read more: Golden State Warriors sale starts this week with at least 10 bidders - Silicon Valley / San Jose Business Journal:


http://www.bizjournals.com/sanjose/stories/2010/04/26/daily16.html

So it begins.... :clap::clap::clap:


:pray: that Larry Ellison gets the team.

The_Mac22
04-27-2010, 03:33 AM
Nice. Can't wait til it's finally sold.

tredigs
04-27-2010, 03:40 AM
Hah Asan, buddy... listen, I had love for basketball and started watching Warriors games while you were still in diapers, and I'm thrilled that the team's being sold (especially if it's to Ellison), but do you really need to make a thread in the NBA forum that bidding on them is going to begin within the next week? Haha, love the enthusiasm but this is not news. When the team's sold, make a thread. Make 6 threads. Whatever. But until then let's try to keep your dick in your pants and hold off on the incessant team updates. If it's annoying to me I can only imagine what random Magic and Bulls fans are thinking. Pretty sure there's a Warriors forum? ...

GSW Hoops
04-27-2010, 03:52 AM
Save us Larry Ellison...

GSW Hoops
04-27-2010, 03:52 AM
Hah Asan, buddy... listen, I had love for basketball and started watching Warriors games while you were still in diapers, and I'm thrilled that the team's being sold (especially if it's to Ellison), but do you really need to make a thread in the NBA forum that bidding on them is going to begin within the next week? Haha, love the enthusiasm but this is not news. When the team's sold, make a thread. Make 6 threads. Whatever. But until then let's try to keep your dick in your pants and hold off on the incessant team updates. If it's annoying to me I can only imagine what random Magic and Bulls fans are thinking. Pretty sure there's a Warriors forum? ...

Yikes. :cry:

tredigs
04-27-2010, 04:05 AM
Yikes. :cry:

haha, yeah that was probably a little much. Whatever the point is nobody outside of Warrior fans cares about this, so no need to flood the NBA forum with Warriors threads like he always does.

GSW Hoops
04-27-2010, 11:21 AM
haha, yeah that was probably a little much. Whatever the point is nobody outside of Warrior fans cares about this, so no need to flood the NBA forum with Warriors threads like he always does.

It's an online sports forum, man. Let it go...