PDA

View Full Version : Howard has a New Nickname

*Superman*
04-26-2010, 03:32 PM
Move over Superman, a new nickname is catching on for Orlando Magic center Dwight Howard.

You can call him "Foul on You."

"That's my new nickname. They've been killing me all day calling me 'Foul on You,' " Howard said of his teammates after shootaround Monday before their playoff game against Charlotte. "So I've accepted my new role."

The teasing stems from the four-time All-Star being called for 16 fouls in the first three games against the Bobcats, who have used three centers to frustrate him.

Howard fouled out with 3:32 left in Game 3 on Saturday, but the Magic still rallied to win to take a 3-0 series lead despite Howard playing just over 82 of a possible 144 minutes.

"My teammates say when we wrestle I shouldn't use 100 percent of my strength. They said I should use 50 or 40 percent," said Howard, smiling. "So that's been the main focus today, using 40 percent of my strength to hold guys off."

Coach Stan Van Gundy was a little more serious, knowing the Magic can't afford Howard sitting on the bench later in the playoffs. He showed Howard video on Sunday of his frustration elbows and shoves that have put him in chronic foul trouble.

"We watched, I think, nine clips, maybe 10 clips, just trying to get an understanding of what's going and what their strategy is in the whole thing," Van Gundy said. "He's a very smart guy, but you're in very difficult, very physical situations out there. He's got to take a lot of hits and a lot of grabbing and holding. Obviously, he has to handle that in the right way."

Maybe levity will help. As teammates and others shouted "Foul on You" at the end of Monday morning's workout, Howard raised his arm and clenched his fist to mimic a referee's foul signal.

Forward Mickael Pietrus then walked by with some advice.

"Maybe you need your own whistle," he said.

Earlier, Howard indicated he was going to walk back to their nearby hotel because he might be whistled for a foul on the team bus.

"It's been frustrating, but everything happens for a reason. That's the only way I look at it," said Howard, who has 18 blocks in the series. "Maybe this situation has to happen for me and my teammates. We're just looking at all the positive things that can come out of this situation."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2010/news/story?id=5137282

Lol. Foul on You.

clutchski
04-26-2010, 03:35 PM
That's a horrible nickname

SteveNash
04-26-2010, 03:36 PM
So Dwight commits loads of stupid fouls that someone who really is the best defensive player wouldn't commit. Then cries about it to try to get beneficial calls from the refs? What a whiner.

*Superman*
04-26-2010, 03:38 PM
So Dwight commits loads of stupid fouls that someone who really is the best defensive player wouldn't commit. Then cries about it to try to get beneficial calls from the refs? What a whiner.

Don't whine that your about to lose a bet there buddy.

*Superman*
04-26-2010, 03:38 PM
That's a horrible nickname

It's a joke...

ldc62
04-26-2010, 03:44 PM
Not a smart move... Stern is watching.

D Roses Bulls
04-26-2010, 03:46 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2010/news/story?id=5137282

Lol. Foul on You.

Why do some people hate? I think this **** is funny. maybe some people just dont get it or are too young to understand the humor of this.

D Roses Bulls
04-26-2010, 03:47 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0qsi1z4Fi8

*Superman*
04-26-2010, 03:50 PM
Not a smart move... Stern is watching.

I'm surprised the article made in on NBA.com

*Superman*
04-26-2010, 03:52 PM
Why do some people hate? I think this **** is funny. maybe some people just dont get it or are too young to understand the humor of this.

Matt Barnes and SVG have been fined 35K each this week for the comments they made. The Bobcats have been harrasing Dwight the whole series and he gets called for them. I will admit he has made some dumb fouls but he shouldn't be getting all these lame calls on him.

Let the man play, you never see Wade, Lebron, or Kobe getting called. Even Shaq doesn't get called until he clearly elbows someone.

D Roses Bulls
04-26-2010, 03:55 PM
Matt Barnes and SVG have been fined 35K each this week for the comments they made. The Bobcats have been harrasing Dwight the whole series and he gets called for them. I will admit he has made some dumb fouls but he shouldn't be getting all these lame calls on him.

Let the man play, you never see Wade, Lebron, or Kobe getting called. Even Shaq doesn't get called until he clearly elbows someone.

exactly...... i dont ever remember a super star get the fouls called like howard does on him. i bet if his name was lebron james the refs wouldn't be calling nothing on him

Sadds The Gr8
04-26-2010, 04:02 PM
lame...

colinskik
04-26-2010, 04:05 PM
I usually have no sympathy for players who whine about getting ticky tack fouls called on them because in all honesty, refs aren't even calling half of the fouls that take place under the basket. BUT in game 2 (i think) all three of Howard's fouls in the first half were phantom calls. The refs shouldn't be able to take one guy out of the game like that. Lucky for the Magic and their fans, even without Howard they still take this series.

SteveNash
04-26-2010, 04:06 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0qsi1z4Fi8

Did you know that posting Step Brothers clips just makes you look bad?

D Roses Bulls
04-26-2010, 04:11 PM

have you seen my other posts? well if you haven't go back, cause in my other posts, i say how much i dont care what other people think of me mr. nash. its psd, home of the 15 year olds and its also the INTERNET. if you actually care what people think of you on a website, then i feel sorry for you and you are honestly high for half the things you say on here. so the clip fits what your saying perfectly.

SteveNash
04-26-2010, 04:15 PM
have you seen my other posts? well if you haven't go back, cause in my other posts, i say how much i dont care what other people think of me mr. nash. its psd, home of the 15 year olds and its also the INTERNET. if you actually care what people think of you on a website, then i feel sorry for you and you are honestly high for half the things you say on here. so the clip fits what your saying perfectly.

No, it was quite clear that you were attempting to be funny and failed miserably. Try again, and as a general guideline, try to avoid Will Farrell movies.

D Roses Bulls
04-26-2010, 04:18 PM
No, it was quite clear that you were attempting to be funny and failed miserably. Try again, and as a general guideline, try to avoid Will Farrell movies.

yea maybe i failed some, but honestly you can only tell someone so many times that they are wrong in so many words. so when you start getting movie clips in response to your answers, it means your one step from not even gettin a response. and im not surprised you dont like that movie, you think howard is overrated. so that explains a lot about your thinking

SteveNash
04-26-2010, 04:23 PM
yea maybe i failed some, but honestly you can only tell someone so many times that they are wrong in so many words. so when you start getting movie clips in response to your answers, it means your one step from not even gettin a response. and im not surprised you dont like that movie, you think howard is overrated. so that explains a lot about your thinking

Movie clips are fine. Unfunny movie clips from ****** movies are not fine. No one thinks Step Brothers is funny, you're the only one dude.

JLynn943
04-26-2010, 04:36 PM

Did you know that being critical of someone/something every time you post makes you look like a pompous ***?

If you didn't, now you do. :)

SteveNash
04-26-2010, 05:35 PM
Did you know that being critical of someone/something every time you post makes you look like a pompous ***?

If you didn't, now you do. :)

Yes, of course, which is why I complement plenty of players/teams.

carter15
04-26-2010, 05:58 PM
Movie clips are fine. Unfunny movie clips from ****** movies are not fine. No one thinks Step Brothers is funny, you're the only one dude.

great movie

D Roses Bulls
04-26-2010, 06:42 PM

great movie

see steve nash, you have no idea WTF you are talking about. I have never seen a person on this site that so many people disagree with. you have to be saying dumb things because you think its funny to start fights or make people angry, i know you can't even believe half the things coming out of your mouth.

netsgiantsyanks
04-26-2010, 06:59 PM
i was expecting his new nickname to be "the bigger diesel" but i was obviously wrong

netsgiantsyanks
04-26-2010, 07:03 PM

really?? i think you accidentaly missed the other thousands of people who love that movie and the fact that you are actually trying to get somewhere with this is sad

D Roses Bulls
04-26-2010, 07:05 PM
really?? i think you accidentaly missed the other thousands of people who love that movie and the fact that you are actually trying to get somewhere with this is sad

the dude is a troll. he was just mad cause a clip was used from that movie twice on him

SteveNash
04-26-2010, 07:56 PM

Okay so maybe a thousand people in a world of 7 billion find the movie funny.

Toenail Clipper
04-26-2010, 08:06 PM
super lame

*Superman*
04-26-2010, 09:24 PM
Step Brothers was an awesome movie. SN just hates on everything.

Raph12
04-27-2010, 12:31 AM

Bla bla bla :bla:

Don't worry, you'll get yours, just wait for the second round to finish.

clutchski
04-27-2010, 12:37 AM
It's a joke...

It was sarcasm. :rolleyes:

NYK_kidd77
04-27-2010, 12:39 AM
Foul on you. I dont know why but it sounds asian to me.

HuRRiCaNeS324
04-27-2010, 12:55 AM

That movie is hilarious lol.

No sense of humor :pity:

iFYouSeekAmy
04-27-2010, 01:00 AM
The movie was ********.. but pretty humorous at times.

bbcmillionaire
04-27-2010, 01:08 AM

im agreeing with my fellow bull fan lighten up geez

Avenged
04-27-2010, 01:31 AM
So will Dwight get suspended? Since Stern said he would be suspending of any criticizing of the refs?

Raph12
04-27-2010, 01:44 AM
So will Dwight get suspended? Since Stern said he would be suspending of any criticizing of the refs?

Idk what you're trying to get at, having his teammates call him "foul-on-you" isn't "critisizing" the refs... His teammates are making fun of him because he can't stay out of foul trouble, how does that in any way mean Dwight's critisizing the officials?

Avenged
04-27-2010, 01:48 AM
Idk what you're trying to get at, having his teammates call him "foul-on-you" isn't "critisizing" the refs... His teammates are making fun of him because he can't stay out of foul trouble, how does that in any way mean Dwight's critisizing the officials?

Lol Stern seems to be very sensitive about this kind of stuff. The article stated "Earlier, Howard indicated he was going to walk back to their nearby hotel because he might be whistled for a foul on the team bus." :shrug: Isn't anything major, but it's still "criticizing" to me.

Raph12
04-27-2010, 01:52 AM
Lol Stern seems to be very sensitive about this kind of stuff. The article stated "Earlier, Howard indicated he was going to walk back to their nearby hotel because he might be whistled for a foul on the team bus." :shrug: Isn't anything major, but it's still "criticizing" to me.

Even some analysts were joking about it on twitter, saying "I think Dwight picked up a foul in the locker room during halftime" there is a clear cut difference between joking between teammates and publically critisizing the refs... Dwight's made it his mission not to blame the refs for it, he always says "I let my frustration get the better of me when guys are attacking me like they do (Cats centers)" and "sometimes I feel the calls don't go my way, but I can't let it frustrate me"

Doubt Stern would be stupid enough to suspend him after all the ticky-tac/bs/close calls against him in the Cats series, then he'd have some serious conspiracy theorists on his hands.

D Roses Bulls
04-27-2010, 04:30 AM
im agreeing with my fellow bull fan lighten up geez

thank you :)

mjsneaker
04-27-2010, 07:00 AM
Interesting:)