PDA

View Full Version : My problem with Joe Johnson....

Cromedome
04-26-2010, 01:25 PM
Joe Johnson WILL be plan B if the Knicks don't get Lebron...but how well will he play in NYC ? He doesn't seem to have any real 1 on 1 moves! He FORCES the action...never really breaks down a defense and ALL his shots seem to go in by luck. Will his "luck" shots work under the bright lights of NYC? I don't think so. He backs down his man( his man plays GREAT defense and doesn't go anywhere) and Joe tosses up some shot that is contested by at least 3 players?

I honestly don't know what people see in this ME FIRST guy.

BOSTON617
04-26-2010, 01:35 PM
hell prop resign in atl next....

Rivera
04-26-2010, 01:37 PM
then don't watch

Geargo Wallace
04-26-2010, 01:44 PM
then don't watch

exactly.

kEviN21
04-26-2010, 01:45 PM
His shots go in by luck????? This is the NBA, not street ball. JJ is a pure shooter. It's like criticizing Rashard Lewis' game lol.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
04-26-2010, 01:46 PM
Joe Johnson WILL be plan B if the Knicks don't get Lebron...but how well will he play in NYC ? He doesn't seem to have any real 1 on 1 moves! He FORCES the action...never really breaks down a defense and ALL his shots seem to go in by luck. Will his "luck" shots work under the bright lights of NYC? I don't think so. He backs down his man( his man plays GREAT defense and doesn't go anywhere) and Joe tosses up some shot that is contested by at least 3 players?

this made me LOL

Tony_Starks
04-26-2010, 01:47 PM
Did this guy really say "luck?" Joe Johnson has the one of the sickest pull up jumper moves in the league. I don't think you get to be an allstar by being lucky.

Also as far as being selfish the dude has put up at least 21, 4 and 4 for the last three years. You know who the only other players who've scored over 20 and put up at least 4 assist and 4 boards for the last 3 years are? Kobe Bryant, Dwayne Wade, and Lebron James. Get outta here!

But never fret because you'll NEVER see him in a New York jersey anyway.... unless its halloween and he's dressing up as a lottery team.

BK-TY
04-26-2010, 01:53 PM
Joe Johnson isn't even CLOSE to a max player!!

DodgerBulls
04-26-2010, 01:57 PM

I think he will not sign with the Knicks if he can't be the sidekick of Lebron.

FOBolous
04-26-2010, 01:59 PM
then don't watch

then don't read the thread

IRUAM #21
04-26-2010, 01:59 PM
then don't read the thread

Then don't reply.

td0tsfinest
04-26-2010, 02:04 PM
Joe Johnson isn't even CLOSE to a max player!!

But would you guys want him, if you can't get Lebron? He's going to have a high asking pricing.

Tony_Starks
04-26-2010, 02:04 PM
well played...

*Silver&Black*
04-26-2010, 02:07 PM
Joe Johnson has one of the sweetest jumpers in the league. I doubt it's luck Knicks fan. You would be happy to have Johnson on your team. Knick fan being picky with the team they have? Also why would Johnson leave ATL to go to the Knicks, if another Max player isn't going? He would just stay in a great situation in ATL.

king4day
04-26-2010, 02:08 PM
He's just not a #1 on a team.
Put him with Lebron or Bosh and things would play out better.
If he goes to NY and it's just him and say Lee. They'll be better, and at most, a contender for the 6-8th seeds.

JJ has no reason to leave Atlanta unless he hates it there. They seem to be one more really good player from becomming elite.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
04-26-2010, 02:18 PM
then don't watch!

sep11ie
04-26-2010, 02:19 PM
I looked, but didn't watch

Iodine
04-26-2010, 02:22 PM
I mean, if you don't want him, I'm sure the hawks will keep him

alencp3
04-26-2010, 02:28 PM
He is a hell of a player and i think he will stay at Atl.

Fire&Ice2&33
04-26-2010, 02:31 PM
Joe Johnson is the man! He will stay in ATL

*Silver&Black*
04-26-2010, 02:40 PM
joe johnson is the man! He will stay in atl

+1

Sadds The Gr8
04-26-2010, 02:43 PM
then dont watch.

*Silver&Black*
04-26-2010, 02:47 PM
Maybe NYC should turn down those "bright lights" because it sure isn't helping any player on that team.

Ray_R
04-26-2010, 02:49 PM
Then Dont Hate :(

FOBolous
04-26-2010, 02:50 PM
Then don't reply.

then take your own advice

Tony_Starks
04-26-2010, 02:51 PM
The thought that Joe Johnson would walk away from big money and a young, playoff contender for years to come... all to go into a total rebuild with the Knicks... is pretty foolish. I think people seriously overestimate the allure of the "bright lights" of the Garden. When you're losing those lights get pretty dim.

abe_froman
04-26-2010, 02:54 PM
he's not lebron.but still he's vastly superior to anyone ny has, and if you want to pass that up..than alright,good luck

i'm sure he'll be fine with any of the other 2010 players

PC
04-26-2010, 02:54 PM
He's just not a #1 on a team.
Put him with Lebron or Bosh and things would play out better.
If he goes to NY and it's just him and say Lee. They'll be better, and at most, a contender for the 6-8th seeds.

JJ has no reason to leave Atlanta unless he hates it there. They seem to be one more really good player from becomming elite.

I don't know, he turned down 4 years/$60 million during the offseason so if the Hawks don't up that offer, I could see other teams giving better offers

hvg
04-26-2010, 03:02 PM
He's coming back to atlanta assuming they don't have a disastrous playoffs collapse that makes him doubt their future (/they lose to the bucks). If the hawks can sign a legit defensive center in the summer (in addition to re-signing JJ) they're a top 3 team in the league.

KnicksorBust
04-26-2010, 03:10 PM
But would you guys want him, if you can't get Lebron? He's going to have a high asking pricing.

Yes. He'd be a perfect 1A option. We desperately need another shooter and someone who can distribute the ball. I have a funny feeling he'd fit in well in a Mike D'Antoni offense. Call it instinct.

The thought that Joe Johnson would walk away from big money and a young, playoff contender for years to come... all to go into a total rebuild with the Knicks... is pretty foolish. I think people seriously overestimate the allure of the "bright lights" of the Garden. When you're losing those lights get pretty dim.

It wouldn't be a total rebuild if we were able to sign Bosh with him. We'd instantly be just as good as the Hawks if not better.

I don't know, he turned down 4 years/$60 million during the offseason so if the Hawks don't up that offer, I could see other teams giving better offers

Him turning that down is REALLY interesting. It's the one thing that that I keep coming back too. Why risk injury just to hold out for a few mil more per season? I feel like players would want the stability. It makes me think he wanted out. Now of course it's possible with Crawford taking some of the scoring load off of him, Josh Smith not jacking anymore 3's and spending another year in ATL he's more settled but I'm not sure. I just wish Bogut was around to knock them out and really push him away.

He's coming back to atlanta assuming they don't have a disastrous playoffs collapse that makes him doubt their future (/they lose to the bucks). If the hawks can sign a legit defensive center in the summer (in addition to re-signing JJ) they're a top 3 team in the league.

Maybe top 3 in the East. Depending on FA there would still be minimum 5 teams that would be a lot more talented than the Hawks. Minimum.

JordansBulls
04-26-2010, 03:34 PM
Joe Johnson is a great 2nd option player for someone like Lebron or Dwight or Durant.

sventhedog
04-26-2010, 07:08 PM
if he is coveted by some teams like new york. atlanta is also planning to keep him.

"The Hawks are pooling resources to get maximum money available for Joe Johnson(notes). The message has been made clear to the Hawks: Offer Johnson a max contract extension on July 1, and they’re likely to keep him."

you don't get targeted by teams or be held on to remain to a team if you're not doing anything right. if you were a the hawks GM, would you offer someone who forces shots and depends on luck a max contract?

maybe you haven't watched enough games. you could consider him being underrated in the free agency because of the lebrons or the boshs, etc.

bluesens
04-26-2010, 11:00 PM
I heard all the good shooters in the nba's shot is all luck. ( Ray Allen, JJ, JJ reddick, even Glen Rice, Older Curry and younger Curry, Price, Steve Kerr, Steve Nash, Reggie) They just throw it to the basket and pray to God it goes in....

Anyways question for the person who made this thread how do you not like Joe Johnson's smooth one on one moves and slick shooting?

0nekhmer
04-26-2010, 11:06 PM
i was thinking about something similar a while ago. Joe johnson seems like a very mellow guy. doesn't seem to step up, but is always there to score. he should stay with atl though. good defensive athletic guys cover up his flaws

Wilson
04-27-2010, 11:47 AM
I just cleaned a lot of stuff up in here. Please stay away from insults and stuff guys, don't forget we have a Zero Tolerance Policy right now.

ugafan
04-27-2010, 02:29 PM
As a Hawks fan, I hate JJ in Atlanta. He is NOT a good 1st option but the Hawks FO don't realize that. The Hawks will never get past the 2nd round with the team we have now. I hope we let Johnson walkand spend that money on somebody who actually deserves it. Hawks sign Joe Johnson=playoff mediocrity for the remainder of his tenor in Atlanta.

MonJackson
04-27-2010, 04:06 PM
As a Hawks fan, I hate JJ in Atlanta. He is NOT a good 1st option but the Hawks FO don't realize that. The Hawks will never get past the 2nd round with the team we have now. I hope we let Johnson walkand spend that money on somebody who actually deserves it. Hawks sign Joe Johnson=playoff mediocrity for the remainder of his tenor in Atlanta.

If it wasnt for Joe we wouldnt be where we are now. Im talkin from tha time we first got him til now. Just saying.....all we need is a true center that can play D and can dominate the paint.

Wade_County
04-27-2010, 04:43 PM
Joe Johnson is a great 2nd option player for someone like Lebron or Dwight or Durant.

that team would be nasty:

Westbrook
JJ
Durant
Green
and defensive center

I think he'll resign or be in NY however.

Cromedome
04-28-2010, 08:27 PM
Joe went 1 on 5 about 10 min ago...great player.

effen5
04-28-2010, 08:31 PM
He would look good in a bulls uni

dtmagnet
04-28-2010, 08:31 PM
Joe Johnson would be a great player to pair up with Chris Bosh, but I don't see them both wanting to go to NY.

JordansBulls
04-29-2010, 12:37 PM
He would look good in a bulls uni

Yes he would, but we need something else as well.

NBAfan4life
04-29-2010, 01:40 PM

Can a mod lock his thread creator button?

I dont think JJ will go to the knicks unless it looks like it will be better than the Hawks. I remember him talking about difficulties going from the Suns to the hawks. He will not want to spend a lot of time rebuilding and the Hawks can offer him more money than anyone else.

Raph12
04-29-2010, 01:51 PM
You don't make shots because you're lucky, especially when your offensive game revolves around that shot... JJ is a filthy shooter, but not a #1 option guy IMO.

Cromedome
04-29-2010, 03:51 PM
JJ looked real smooth on the court last night going 1 on 5...only to miss. I can't wait for him to bring his ME FIRST game to the garden. :facepalm:

..where all his shots SEEM (SEEEEM) to go in by luck .

Hawkalicious
04-29-2010, 04:17 PM
He's definitely leaving, and apparently his contract situation has been a distraction in the locker room.

Its really a matter of dollars. The Hawks won't ginve him a max deal (and rightfully so), and some other team out there that misses out on Lebron will have no other option for their fan base other than to give Joe the max deal. I feel bad for those teams.

It's amazing that he came up in the Suns' high powered offense, considering how incredibly inefficient our offense is in the half-court (unless Joe is on fire, which happens less often than lots of people think).