PDA

View Full Version : Thunder 2010 Draft

hgtiger32
04-26-2010, 11:03 AM
I just noticed that OKC has 2 first and 2 seconds...wow are they gonna be even more loaded for next year...especially if they can get a bosh type player...thoughts?

sep11ie
04-26-2010, 11:11 AM
Kinda answered your own question didn't ya?

td0tsfinest
04-26-2010, 11:13 AM
I could see them trading one of the picks just to get a little veteran experience on the team.

Giantwarrior
04-26-2010, 11:14 AM
they should trade 2 of those picks for veteran help.

jmastert
04-26-2010, 11:18 AM
they have the 21 and 26. What ever they draft most likely wont have that much of an impact next season. Lets be serious now.

Swashcuff
04-26-2010, 11:35 AM
they have the 21 and 26. What ever they draft most likely wont have that much of an impact next season. Lets be serious now.

Darren Collison and Taj Gibson were the 21st and 26th picks this past season. So don't be so quick to write them off. It'll be very nice trade bait to any team that has a vet and may be looking for draft picks.

Carey
04-26-2010, 11:53 AM
I think they'll be trade bait, i'd be suprised if we keep more then 2 of the picks. One of 2nd rd picks we get is from Minnesota which will be like getting a late first.

Ragun
04-26-2010, 11:57 AM
Darren Collison and Taj Gibson were the 21st and 26th picks this past season. So don't be so quick to write them off. It'll be very nice trade bait to any team that has a vet and may be looking for draft picks.

thats is true but i think the draft is weaker this year.

Swashcuff
04-26-2010, 12:14 PM

Hey last year's draft was also said to be extreemly weak just as the year before when Ryan Anderson and George Hill went 21st and 26th or the year before when Dequan Cook and Aaron Brooks went 21st and 26th or the year before when Rajan Rondo and Jordan Farmar went 21st and 26th or the year before when Nate Robinson and Jason Maxiell went 21st and 26th.

Even in a weak draft there are still good enough player who can go on to make a real impact in the NBA if given the chance to. To write off the players isn't the right thing to do. Because we can go on and on with late 1st rounds picks who made a serious contribution in the league.

iggypop123
04-26-2010, 12:23 PM
trade bait or somebody named skdrjdsrsd from europe to stash away in 4 yrs

Tony_Starks
04-26-2010, 01:20 PM
I'm sure they'll keep at least one of the picks. It seems like they scout pretty well so I can see them getting a nice player at this position in the draft.

Also Memphis has a couple of 1st rounders this year as well. Both of those teams are going to be a problem next season!!

cmacmath
04-26-2010, 01:38 PM
Hey last year's draft was also said to be extreemly weak just as the year before when Ryan Anderson and George Hill went 21st and 26th or the year before when Dequan Cook and Aaron Brooks went 21st and 26th or the year before when Rajan Rondo and Jordan Farmar went 21st and 26th or the year before when Nate Robinson and Jason Maxiell went 21st and 26th.

Even in a weak draft there are still good enough player who can go on to make a real impact in the NBA if given the chance to. To write off the players isn't the right thing to do. Because we can go on and on with late 1st rounds picks who made a serious contribution in the league.

This guy is just owning somebody right now, LOL.

Don't forget OKC has A LOT of cap space too. I know the poster made reference to it by saying they could go after Bosh. I'm not sure if they are going to use the money on a FA or just keep money to resign all of their young guys, but regardless Presti has them in outstanding shape!

blams
04-26-2010, 01:47 PM

Gibson is bad- just smart.

tredigs
04-26-2010, 02:29 PM

I think they should trade up to a top 15 pick in order to get Hassan Whiteside; Who is good, just stupid (took him an extra 2 years to get out of high school and is basically forced to enter the draft because he can't keep his grades up). 7foot athletic freak who's going to block anything that gets near the hoop (5.4 blks per game in 26 minutes...). He's obviously a project, though. Picking up a guy like Brendan Haywood or Drew Gooden would probably be a good choice for them.

Stunner
04-26-2010, 02:32 PM

no he isnt i think he is nervous in the playoffs and he prob still playing with the Planter injury hes been playing with since pre-season. He a good role player and would be liked on alot of team seeing where he is drafted. Right now Gibson is looking better than Johnson.

J-Relo
04-26-2010, 02:34 PM
combining picks with someone => decent big-man?

maybe sign&trade

alencp3
04-26-2010, 02:34 PM
I hope they draft Jan Vesely

Corey
04-26-2010, 02:40 PM

The draft is VERY deep this year with quality role players.

Notable college players in the 20-30 range in most mocks include James Anderson, Dexter Pittman, Lance Stephenson, Devin Ebanks, Eric Bledsoe, Quincy Pondexter, Stanley Robinson, Jordan Crawford...and so on.

**** yea they can get better.

They don't need stars, they need QUALITY role players off the bench, and a center (which they can get in FA). Their starting 5 will be set with Harden emerging as a solid player.

AI4MVP
04-26-2010, 02:44 PM
like i said..in 2-3 years, this will be the dynasty on the nba.

Swashcuff
04-26-2010, 02:47 PM
I think they should trade up to a top 15 pick in order to get Hassan Whiteside; Who is good, just stupid (took him an extra 2 years to get out of high school and is basically forced to enter the draft because he can't keep his grades up). 7foot athletic freak who's going to block anything that gets near the hoop (5.4 blks per game in 26 minutes...). He's obviously a project, though. Picking up a guy like Brendan Haywood or Drew Gooden would probably be a good choice for them.

Haywood may be too pricey for them IMO. I don't really see him repeating the kind of play he had earlier this season. I won't like him as a Thunder at all. Drew may also be a good pick up but I think he'll go somewhere where he can get starter's minutes at PF. IF Hassan Whiteside falls to 15 he'll be a really nice pick up for them.

Sadds The Gr8
04-26-2010, 02:55 PM
They'll use the picks as trade bait, and try to get a good PF or C.

ROY 2 MVP Braun
04-26-2010, 03:01 PM
I just noticed that OKC has 2 first and 2 seconds...wow are they gonna be even more loaded for next year...especially if they can get a bosh type player...thoughts?

we'd happily give em redds huge contract for one of those pics lol for real though if they wanted to trade up i could see the bucks maybe tradeing there pick and a player for both picks

chrism8188
04-26-2010, 03:04 PM
What if okc traded for amare ? Lol I would for 2 first rounders, he's a beast even tho in real life 2 firsts is like a kings randsom, so a 1st and a 2nd or a 1st and a guy....hmmm what yall think?

Giantwarrior
04-26-2010, 03:13 PM
OKC is nothing going to be able to keep the entire team together in 3 years. they are all on rookie contracts. KD and Westbrook will get Franchise money. thats not going to leave much for anyone else.

pebloemer
04-26-2010, 03:28 PM
People continue to mention all the young talent of OKC, along with draft picks, also noting the cap space they have.

While that is an excellent situation to be in, people need not get carried away. At some point, OKC is going to have to either release some of its talent, or pay up for some very large raises to these players. While they have this young talent, cap space and picks coming in, they still need to make good decisions for the future. I think it is more wise for the franchise to try and use some of its cap space and picks to bring in some veteran role players on shorter contracts.

Swashcuff
04-26-2010, 03:31 PM
OKC is nothing going to be able to keep the entire team together in 3 years. they are all on rookie contracts. KD and Westbrook will get Franchise money. thats not going to leave much for anyone else.

You make a very good point. None of us has a crystal ball though to see into the future but its bright despite the fact that they'll have a lot of resigning to do with some players maybe having to take less money for the good of the team if they are going to be a Dynasty for years to come.

ballpd05
04-26-2010, 03:34 PM
like i said..in 2-3 years, this will be the dynasty on the nba.

In two or three years Lebron will be the dynasty of the league... But the Thunder have a serious squad. If they had a post scorer they would be a complete team.

I like the Jeff Green element, but I think they can still get a post scorer either to let Green be the 6th man or bring the new guy of the bench as a change of pace. Resigning all of them will be the fun part for a what has been a great GM.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
04-26-2010, 03:47 PM
omg!! SWASHCUFF!! BE EASY ON EM!!!!!!!!! I DONT THINK IV EVER SEEN N E ONE GET DISSEDso HARD!!! DONT DO IT TO EM SWASHCUFF!! AHAHAHAHAH

Ray_R
04-26-2010, 03:49 PM

for some reason everyone says that that years draft is weak but still pull out great talent.

raptor fan
04-26-2010, 05:24 PM
i can see them packaging the picks for a veteran C, or moving up in the draft with a team like the raptors at #13 to pick up Hassan Whiteside.

Hawkeye15
04-26-2010, 05:34 PM

Collision played due to Paul going down, or he would have been a so-so rookie. Gibson played on a front lineup starved team. I agree with you, there are always contributors in the later part of the first round, but there are rarely franchise players, and even getting a good role player is not the easiest thing to do in that range.

All that being said, its a few more assets the Thunder have to do whatever they like with. Whether that be trade them and bring in a vet, or use them on a player they like, and maybe a euro they can stash or something.
The Thunder's plan of acquiring assets, and flexible deals is starting to reach its maturity stage. Very exciting to see if you are a fan of a team trying to do similar things.
Oh, and landing Durant sure did help that curve.