PDA

View Full Version : Who has been the bigger playoff letdown the lakers or the mavs .

lakersfan211
04-25-2010, 11:28 PM
i cant really say who has been , the lakers struggling againt the youngest team in the nba with no playoff experience , the mavs down 3-1 to what is supossed to be a washed up spurs team . your thoughts .

lakersfan211
04-25-2010, 11:30 PM
as a laker fan im frusterated with the way we have played in the first round .

tdunk21
04-25-2010, 11:32 PM
lakers....coz they r reigning champs and have a lot of pressure goin into the next game...

AirCanada15ORL
04-25-2010, 11:33 PM
SHould have made a poll.
Mavs for sure, only one more game and theyre gone..that's hard to think about.

Now Lakers are tied up 2-2 and will be at home soon and I dont see them losing, plus the Kobe stunt had a lot to do with their 2nd loss.

Avenged
04-25-2010, 11:35 PM
The Lakers are tied with the Thunder 2-2. I don't consider that a let down yet.

If the Lakers lose at home and eventually the series, it would definitely be one of the biggest disappointments in franchise history (okay maybe that's a stretch).

The Mavs have all the talent to get deep into the playoffs and practically advance. It doesn't look good the Mavs right now.

NYtilIdie
04-25-2010, 11:35 PM
Mavs because they're about to lose.

ChiSox219
04-25-2010, 11:36 PM
Neither

Lakers were expected to drop a couple of games to a Thunder team that may be the greatest #8 seed in league history.

Mavericks just were not a well put together team and the Spurs were a poor match up.

iggypop123
04-25-2010, 11:38 PM
#1 kobe will have 2 days of rest which should help his knees(he admitted his knees are bothering him and he doesnt even practice anymore)

#2 the mavs are actually older than the spurs and by alot. i think they are the oldest team in the nba.

AirCanada15ORL
04-25-2010, 11:39 PM
Nuggets as well.

lakersfan211
04-25-2010, 11:40 PM
Nuggets as well.

oh yeah guess i forgot about the thuggets .

ldc62
04-25-2010, 11:52 PM
Mavs cuz I thought they would win it all

Kohaku
04-25-2010, 11:52 PM
Nuggets.

Covert
04-26-2010, 12:28 AM
The Lakers because they are the best in the west. They're supposed to be the veteran team who wouldn't have too much of a problem with the inexperienced and young Thunder but it obviously hasn't gone that way so far.

shep33
04-26-2010, 12:44 AM
Neither

Lakers were expected to drop a couple of games to a Thunder team that may be the greatest #8 seed in league history.

Mavericks just were not a well put together team and the Spurs were a poor match up.

Its amazing the Thunder were only 7 games behind the lakers this season, thats pretty darn good for an 8 seed. I'm a Laker fan, but i think right now its Dallas. I thought they were a team built to beat the Spurs and Lakers, they're deep and got a great player in dirk. Amazing that they're down 3-1. But then again the Spurs are a very very good team. West playoffs are pretty surprising... it shows that every team can beat each other in this first round.

Mavs Spurs-- supposed underdog winning
Nuggets Jazz--again underdog winning
Lakers Thunder-- likely to go 7
Blazers Suns-- 2-2, who knew?

Amazing Western Conference Playoffs so far...

clutchski
04-26-2010, 12:46 AM
mavs easily

JJ_JKidd
04-26-2010, 12:54 AM
Its my Mavs more than "my other" Lakers...

DenButsu
04-26-2010, 01:47 AM
The Nuggets.

junion
04-26-2010, 02:18 AM
from #1 seed through #8 seed, the difference was 7 games. it's hard to call any series in the west an upset - maybe lakers thunder if thunder win.

but i dont know if it's a letdown to me, because every series in every round in the West is western conference quality. it's not like the East where they have the top 4 and the bottom 4, and there's a big difference. In the West, it's too close. Any of the teams in the playoffs in the West could easily be in the WCF.

if i had to choose, i would have to say the mavs because they made the self-proclaimed "blockbuster trade" to get to the finals. but it's hard to say they're really disappointing because the spurs are always ready when it comes time for the playoffs.

Raph12
04-26-2010, 03:28 AM
Neither, LA played horribly late in the season and the injury to Bynum has hurt them again, while the Mavs never really played well enough to call them clearcut favs in any series.

asandhu23
04-26-2010, 03:31 AM
Mavs will always own the Letdown Kings title.... 2007 playoffs :D Lakers for this years though.

Lakerfrk
04-26-2010, 04:11 AM
Neither

Nice thought... but the Knicks of 1999 are by far the best 8th seed ever...

Lakerfrk
04-26-2010, 04:12 AM
The Nuggets.

Your sig is awesome.. and I COMPLETELY agree with you.

kikeyanez
04-26-2010, 04:52 AM
i say both teams

bigboyblu
04-26-2010, 06:01 AM
I would say mavs but neither are a "letdown" lakers were expected to lose at least one in oklahoma's first pro playoff game the states ever seen, that place was the loudest ive ever heard a stadium, so there was no way the lakers would match their energy.

The Mavs arent a letdown because most people who watch basketball realize the spurs mail in the season with all the random benchings and made up injuries, so they are much better than their record shows,+ they match up well with the mavs.

If the only options are the lakers and the mavs I would have to go mavs just because they are a game from elimination. The Lakers lost a close one and then appaerentlly didn't bother to even show up game 4.

todu82
04-26-2010, 07:55 AM
The Mavs

Fool
04-26-2010, 08:15 AM
Lakers are tied 2-2. Let's not get ahead of ourselves. Mavs are about to go down.

J-Relo
04-26-2010, 08:24 AM
Mavs...

I had Mavs winning those series or at least going win by win... I hoped Spurs are going to advance, but i took Mavs... now 3-1...

I knew Thunder is going to play hard for those home games, i thought Lakers would win in 5-6, now it will be in minimum 6 games, i expected Thunder to do something like that... The result isn't the same as in first matchup.

JordansBulls
04-26-2010, 08:26 AM
Mavs for sure. Not even sure why they won the last game of the year against San Antonio for.

holocaust227
04-26-2010, 09:33 AM
Two close games, Carlisle being outcoached by Pop :sad2:

JasonJohnHorn
04-26-2010, 09:38 AM
I think the Mavs have gotta be a big let down for their fans. The Mavs are in a do-or-die situation, and likely will lose the series, after signing Marion and Gooden, then making that trade for Butler and Haywood, and bringing in Kidd and signing him to that extention. To do all that and get knocked out in the first round? That has got to be a bummer.

As for the Lakers, I think part of it is that they were surpised by the Thunder, and part that they are working Bynum back into the rotation while Jackson and Bryant work out their mind games with each other. I dont have any doubt that the Lakers will win (though I am pulling for the Thunder), so I wouldnt say they are a disapointment right now. If they fail to make the finals, I think it will be a disapointment for their fans (the addition of Artest was really supposed to put the Lakers over the top: and he just may yet). But right now the Lakers still got two home games and I dont think they've lost three straight road games in over two years.

mikantsass
04-26-2010, 09:45 AM
Mavs.... I dont know when people will realize Dirk is not a playoff player

Raoul Duke
04-26-2010, 09:45 AM
I picked SA as my dark horse, so that series doesn't really surprise me. Then again, if it was the Mavs up three games to one, that would only be a slight surprise. The west is so wide open this year.

The OKC/LA series is a perfect example of why I don't think we're going to see another Lakers championship this year. That team is looooong in the tooth. I wouldn't be at all shocked to see it go seven games.

Man, I just don't know what to say about Denver. My work schedule has been terrible this last week so I haven't been able to watch much of the their series with Utah, but I did pick Denver to win it. Are they just like... really missing their coach? What gives?

Kakaroach
04-26-2010, 09:50 AM
Mavs for sure, at least the Lakers series is tied and not 3-1.

ragee
04-26-2010, 09:57 AM
It is the Mavs right now but if both end up being eliminated, it will be the Lakers... They are the defending champs...

ragee
04-26-2010, 10:00 AM
Mavs.... I dont know when people will realize Dirk is not a playoff player

Again, why do people always blame Dirk? Have you been watching? He is the reason they won the first game and the reason why the second and third game were close... He is not a playoff player but has been putting up stats better than his average in the regular season? Hi teammates are to blame and not him...

DodgerorLaker?
04-26-2010, 10:04 AM
Lakers.......defending champs and the #1 seed. But the Lakers are tied 2-2 and I'm not worried about them beating Oklahoma this is like the Rockets series last year that went to 7 games and had no buisness going that far. The Mavs are soft, always have been, always will be. It's expected to me that the Mavs lose I predicted the Spurs in 6 before it started.

DodgerorLaker?
04-26-2010, 10:06 AM
I picked SA as my dark horse, so that series doesn't really surprise me. Then again, if it was the Mavs up three games to one, that would only be a slight surprise. The west is so wide open this year.

The OKC/LA series is a perfect example of why I don't think we're going to see another Lakers championship this year. That team is looooong in the tooth. I wouldn't be at all shocked to see it go seven games.

Man, I just don't know what to say about Denver. My work schedule has been terrible this last week so I haven't been able to watch much of the their series with Utah, but I did pick Denver to win it. Are they just like... really missing their coach? What gives?

Good point, the Lakers got some older goats (Fisher, Kobe, Artest, Odom). It will go 7 games. But then again I think this would be the hardest series for L.A since Oklahoma is the youngest and most athletic team in the playoffs in both Confrences by far. When they beat the Thunder in 7 games I feel it gets easier (match-ups) for the Lakers.

ragee
04-26-2010, 10:16 AM

It is not just about Denver... Utah is a great team that is not getting the credit that they deserve...

dwadefan03
04-26-2010, 10:17 AM
mavs cuz every year they spend massive amounts of money and every year they end up going home

Chronz
04-26-2010, 12:05 PM
Neither its easily the Nuggs, Mavs are losing to a better team, and LA could easily win 2 in a row to advance.

It is not just about Denver... Utah is a great team that is not getting the credit that they deserve...
Utah without AK47 and Okur (not sure if Booz is still hurting) isnt suppose to be winning a series vs a healthy Denver team 3-1. They are a disappointment

heathonater
04-26-2010, 12:15 PM
depends on what happens in the okc and la series. if la loses that series, it would rank as one of the bigger playoff disappointments of all time.

clehmun
04-26-2010, 12:22 PM
Neither its easily the Nuggs, Mavs are losing to a better team, and LA could easily win 2 in a row to advance.

Utah without AK47 and Okur (not sure if Booz is still hurting) isnt suppose to be winning a series vs a healthy Denver team 3-1. They are a disappointment

exactly. the most disappointing team in the west so far are the nuggets. billups is just getting dominanted. i had the nuggets winning in 6 since the jazz were without AK47 and now okur.

all top 4 seeds in the west aren't playing their best ball, or it's the fact that the top 8 teams are so good.
there's no cavs vs bulls or hawks vs bucks (without bogut).

suns are in a bit of trouble too if brandon roy comes back to near 75%.

RaiderLakersA's
04-26-2010, 02:23 PM
The Lakers have been a bigger disappointment, imo. We have superior talent and coaching, but we're not getting it done. We're giving the Thunder the chance to believe and learn how to win, which is never a good thing.

That said, we usually get blown out in a playoff game every year it seems.

DODGERS&LAKERS
04-26-2010, 03:04 PM
The Thunder won as many games as the Celtics did this year. Would anyone be surprised if the Lakers were tied 2-2 with them right now? Every team in the west playoffs are good and deserve to be there. It might be an upset if the Lakers, Nuggets and Mavs lose, but it would not be a catastrophe.

ragee
04-27-2010, 05:35 AM

Well, yeah... Deron, Boozer and Milsap have really stepped up... Their hole right now is the canter position but the Nuggets have yet to exploit that...

Lakerfan In NY
04-27-2010, 08:41 AM
Shouldnt you wait until one of those teams loses their playoff series before proclaiming them a letdown?

Raidaz4Life
04-27-2010, 08:49 AM
Mavs