PDA

View Full Version : Jason Kidd: Why Now?

JasonJohnHorn
04-25-2010, 08:18 PM
I was surprised to see Kidd get the contract extension he got this year and thought it was a bit much, but in the offseason he worked on his jump shot and long range shooting and this has helped to extend his effectiveness on the floor and the impact he has on the game. But why did he wait so long to work on this aspect of his game? I mean he's 36 now? Can you imagine if Kidd had worked on this aspect of his game in his early twenties? If he had brought this to the court when he was first with the Mavs, or playing with the Suns? Or the ECC Nets? Having these types of tools really could have made a huge impact on the court.

So why did he wait so long to get a three-point shot?

Bruno
04-25-2010, 08:41 PM
Probably because he was already so good at everything else- to the point where he didn't have to be a good 3 point shooter to be the best PG in the league.

Toenail Clipper
04-25-2010, 08:44 PM
Because he's a point guard.

AI4MVP
04-25-2010, 09:30 PM
i still think hes a top 2 point guard in the league. maybe not top 2 player that happens to play the position of point guard. but as far as being POINT GUARD its him and nash

drobe86
04-25-2010, 09:56 PM
That's a good question, but he was much more athletic then. Alot of guys just get by on athletic ability early on in their careers while they can still run fast and jump high. Once it goes guys try to learn the nuances of the game. They then begin to develop skills. Dwight Howard and Lebron will do the same once their athletic ability goes.