PDA

View Full Version : Ric Bucher:'Zero Chance' Bosh goes to Thunder

*Superman*
04-25-2010, 03:13 PM
ESPN's Ric Bucher is doing his best to deny rumors that Oklahoma City could be a potential landing spot for Raptors forward Chris Bosh this summer.

Bosh is expected to hit the free agent market.

"And in case it comes up again: Bosh-to-OKC has zero chance of happening for more reasons than I can list in 140 characters," Bucher wrote on his Twitter page.

http://twitter.com/RicBucher

Draco
04-25-2010, 03:15 PM
I never thought he would; he's a scorer, Durant's a scorer, WBs a scorer..

td0tsfinest
04-25-2010, 03:18 PM
The team is doing good right now. Let them develop.

Drastic change can either be good or could go horribly wrong. Look at what happen to Philly.

ink
04-25-2010, 03:19 PM
I totally agree with Bucher no matter how much I'd love to see some of OKC's talent sent over to Toronto.

*Superman*
04-25-2010, 03:53 PM
Couldn't OKC just sign him like that?

BALLER71
04-25-2010, 03:55 PM
And a 90% chance he goes to the Heat ;)

b_rad23
04-25-2010, 03:57 PM
Jeff Green would be interesting on the Raps:

Westbrook/Maynor
Sefolosha/Harden
Durant
Bosh
Ibaka

Jack/Calderon (trade him and Hedo for a big or relief)
Derozan
Green
Bargs
1st/1st

Iodine
04-25-2010, 03:58 PM
Did anyone really think he would?

mjt20mik
04-25-2010, 04:00 PM
To be honest, I don't see any of the big names moving this summer. But that's just my outlook on things.

*Superman*
04-25-2010, 04:04 PM
I think Bosh is gone for sure. If the Heat get help Wade will stay. LeBron stays with Cleveland. Amare stays.

NetsPaint
04-25-2010, 04:06 PM
To be honest, I don't see any of the big names moving this summer. But that's just my outlook on things.

Same, except for Bosh. It's Toronto, a Toronto team that didn't even make the Playoffs.Him I could see moving somewhere else UNLESS he wants to be THE guy on the team and what team with the cap space would be where he would be THE guy aside from Toronto?The Knicks and maybe the Nets.I don't think the Knicks should spend max on Bosh, and Bosh has expressed he doesn't want to go to the Nets, but who knows.

I believe LeBron is/will be seriously considering various options though.

borat
04-25-2010, 04:13 PM
Well knowing what we know about bucher, we know that this is an actual possibility now.

Rivera
04-25-2010, 04:30 PM
espn has the worst nba reporters and personallities

so we know this has a 75% chance of happening

Rivera
04-25-2010, 04:31 PM
espn has the worst nba reporters and personallities

so we know this has a 75% chance of happening

td0tsfinest
04-25-2010, 04:53 PM
Couldn't OKC just sign him like that?

They could but Bosh would get more money and an extra year on his contract if he resigns with the raptors.

SteveNash
04-25-2010, 05:00 PM
Oklahoma's probably last as a free agent destination among teams with cap space. Maybe the Clippers are slightly less appealing, but it's close.

spoonhoops
04-25-2010, 05:09 PM
Of course the Thunder still have a shot, but it is very low. Just wait till offers are thrown at Toronto, then we will see if it picks up steam. If the Thunder threw in Green, things could get real interesting, real quick.

ink
04-25-2010, 05:16 PM
Oklahoma's probably last as a free agent destination among teams with cap space.

I'd think it would be OKC that wouldn't want to make the move. They don't need to risk damaging the great mix they already have.

D Blue987
04-25-2010, 05:21 PM
If Lebron doesnt win it all this year, Lebron is for sure gone. If he really wanted to stay he would of signed by now. No matter what he says or his agent says, he wants to be in a place where he can win and make a lot of money. Cleveland can offer him that, but so can a crap load of other teams if they really wanted to. BTW just because a team is close or over the salary cap doesnt mean that he wont go there. There are ways to work around that in this league. Just making my point.

Raps08-09 Champ
04-25-2010, 05:35 PM
Same, except for Bosh. It's Toronto, a Toronto team that didn't even make the Playoffs.Him I could see moving somewhere else UNLESS he wants to be THE guy on the team and what team with the cap space would be where he would be THE guy aside from Toronto?The Knicks and maybe the Nets.I don't think the Knicks should spend max on Bosh, and Bosh has expressed he doesn't want to go to the Nets, but who knows.

Those 3 teams you listed are the only teams that can sign him and he will be the man.

So most likely, if he leaves, it's a sign and trade.

smith&wesson
04-25-2010, 05:46 PM
Where would they use bosh ? at the 5 ? bosh is a good rebounder but a terrible shot blocker..

MaHaRaJaH
04-25-2010, 05:58 PM

2/3 will stay.

The Final Boss
04-25-2010, 05:59 PM
This is the same clown who famously said; "Kobe will never wear a Lakers uniform again."

More **** come out of his mouth than out of his ***.

Blackjack24
04-25-2010, 06:39 PM
I can't understand how such a blanket statement can be made without any actual argument to back it up. Until I see the logic, I'm not buying it.

thescore53
04-25-2010, 06:53 PM
If Lebron doesnt win it all this year, Lebron is for sure gone. If he really wanted to stay he would of signed by now. No matter what he says or his agent says, he wants to be in a place where he can win and make a lot of money. Cleveland can offer him that, but so can a crap load of other teams if they really wanted to. BTW just because a team is close or over the salary cap doesnt mean that he wont go there. There are ways to work around that in this league. Just making my point.

you can say that about every free agent

thescore53
04-25-2010, 06:57 PM
OK, partly why Bosh-OKC=no-go: he wants to be #1 option in a big city, say teams who've asked. Also: OKC would lose some of current core.

how does he know what bosh wants ...

mjt20mik
04-25-2010, 07:11 PM
2/3 will stay.

How do you know that? For all you know, only Lebron might stay and Bosh and Wade might both leave. Like there are so many possibilities.

thescore53
04-25-2010, 07:17 PM
How do you know that? For all you know, only Lebron might stay and Bosh and Wade might both leave. Like there are so many possibilities.

yea ezactly , people need to stop acting like they know what he's going to do,

this whole he'd be stupid to stay , i see him going there needs to stop,

people are making decisions for them

Eagles4Lyfe
04-25-2010, 07:18 PM

who wants to play for the nets:S, atleast raptors know how to win games and not finish in the basement

thescore53
04-25-2010, 07:30 PM

did just imply bosh should leave cause we didnt make the playoffs, and the 12 win nets would be a better situation

dougie5627
04-25-2010, 07:50 PM
okc wont want him, too much money especially when they want to resign green kd and westbrook who all goin want big money

Marques24kobe
04-25-2010, 08:05 PM
okc wont want him, too much money especially when they want to resign green kd and westbrook who all goin want big money

Exactly why Bosh wont go there most likely. Not becasue he wont want to but the Thunder will not be able afford him, Westbrook, and Durant.

If they sign Bosh and then have to give contract extensions to Durant and Westbrook your looking at the Thunder spending anywhere from $40-60 million dollars a year on three players. I doubt the owner of the Thunder wants to have to pay luxury tax every year.

But if he does then why not? Ric Bucher is an idiot anyways.