PDA

View Full Version : 10 Reasons Dwight Howard Should Be an Actor

DevonMSF
04-25-2010, 11:57 AM
Funny article! LOL
http://www.midwestsportsfans.com/2010/04/10-reasons-dwight-howard-should-be-an-actor/

ManRam
04-25-2010, 12:00 PM
Perhaps the best personality in the NBA.

RadiantShot
04-25-2010, 12:02 PM
I'll make a 'Ten Reasons Why The Cavaliers won't win the Championship' later.

MadeInDade3589
04-25-2010, 12:07 PM
Yeah Dwight is a funny dude. But I'll give u guys 10 reasons why Paul Pierce should be an actress. No wait he already is lmao

Buckwheat
04-25-2010, 12:09 PM

Only if that had a relevance to the thread...

Iodine
04-25-2010, 12:10 PM

Once again RS your attempt at humor has failed

MTone8788
04-25-2010, 12:21 PM
Hahah I'm not really a fan of Dwight Howard but his Stan Van Gundy had me cracking up

Avenged
04-25-2010, 12:28 PM
RadiantShot got banned? :laugh: Even the mods didn't find his attempt at humor funny.

TheKing23
04-25-2010, 12:28 PM
Dwight's a funny guy, but he's got nothing on Shaq.

Iodine
04-25-2010, 12:38 PM
RadiantShot got banned? :laugh: Even the mods didn't find his attempt at humor funny.

He said the N word lol

ManRam
04-25-2010, 12:40 PM
No. Radi...no!!! A week for a non-ill-willed, misspelled, first infraction usage of a racist word? Lame.

Dwight wouldn't approve.

Anywhooo...I just finished watching those videos. He's a man.

Geargo Wallace
04-25-2010, 12:47 PM
This is where Don P says Howard has 3 more years of prime left because Howard will be too into starring in movies and not focused in getting better.

td0tsfinest
04-25-2010, 12:56 PM
HIs Charles Barkley and SVG are very good impressionations.

Do I see a Kazaam 2 in the works?

DevonMSF
04-25-2010, 12:59 PM
Kazaam 2? Haha! That would be something now, wouldn't it. I don't think I'd be surprised.

Chill_Will_24
04-25-2010, 01:09 PM
Not to mention hes a great dancer. Check this out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9S5obiI7_8

The guy definitely brings a different type of entertainment value to the sport

Avenged
04-25-2010, 01:15 PM
Kaazam is a bloody awful movie.

DevonMSF
04-25-2010, 01:18 PM
I wonder what Dwight's possible gig could be?
Maybe a school teacher?

SirCalvin81
04-25-2010, 01:47 PM
thats pretty funny

Raph12
04-25-2010, 02:14 PM
Only if that had a relevance to the thread...

Here is your relevance (see quote below)... You knew it was coming. :rolleyes:

Dwight's a funny guy, but he's got nothing on Shaq.

DevonMSF
04-25-2010, 02:18 PM
I love how a thread will always include how:
"the magic suck"
"Cavs will never win a ring"
"and how Kobe isn't as good as LeBron"

J-Relo
04-25-2010, 02:27 PM

and there is no need of making reasons why you are stupid

Sadds The Gr8
04-25-2010, 02:27 PM
:laugh2: @ RadiantShot getting banned.

TheKing23
04-25-2010, 02:29 PM
Here is your relevance (see quote below)... You knew it was coming. :rolleyes:

Saying "I'll make a 'Ten Reasons Why The Cavaliers won't win the Championship' later" is completely different to me saying Shaq is a funnier guy than Dwight.

RadiantShot's comment came out of nowhere and I was just doing what everyone does on these forums... Comparing Shaq and Dwight.

With Dwight trying to be this funny, happy go lucky guy and the whole Superman thing it just feels old. We've already seen it for the last 15 years with Shaq. Dwight's a good guy, a really funny dude, I don't wanna seem like i'm hating on him, but being a big Shaq fan I feel like i've seen it all before just a lot funnier with Shaq.

DevonMSF
04-25-2010, 02:48 PM
ANYWAYS, let's get back on track folks...

So I did hear Dwight is doing a movie this summer. True?

Raph12
04-25-2010, 02:49 PM
Saying "I'll make a 'Ten Reasons Why The Cavaliers won't win the Championship' later" is completely different to me saying Shaq is a funnier guy than Dwight.

RadiantShot's comment came out of nowhere and I was just doing what everyone does on these forums... Comparing Shaq and Dwight.

With Dwight trying to be this funny, happy go lucky guy and the whole Superman thing it just feels old. We've already seen it for the last 15 years with Shaq. Dwight's a good guy, a really funny dude, I don't wanna seem like i'm hating on him, but being a big Shaq fan I feel like i've seen it all before just a lot funnier with Shaq.

I love Shaq as a player and he sounds like a funny guy, but we've already seen Shaq on the big screen and it ain't pretty. With that being said, we've also seen a lot of jealous, arrogant, rude and immature behaviour from Shaq as well... Dwight's personality>>>>>Shaq's personality.

Btw I said "you knew it was coming" because if you ever see anything Dwight/Magic related, you always get a comment about the Cavs come in. Hell I was watching the live press conferences after the Magic-Bobcats game and it was just a bunch of Cavs fans saying how "the Magic will lose to the Cavs" and how "the Cavs will win it all" so I was just saying, you know it's coming.

TheKing23
04-25-2010, 02:59 PM
I love Shaq as a player and he sounds like a funny guy, but we've already seen Shaq on the big screen and it ain't pretty. With that being said, we've also seen a lot of jealous, arrogant, rude and immature behaviour from Shaq as well... Dwight's personality>>>>>Shaq's personality.

Btw I said "you knew it was coming" because if you ever see anything Dwight/Magic related, you always get a comment about the Cavs come in. Hell I was watching the live press conferences after the Magic-Bobcats game and it was just a bunch of Cavs fans saying how "the Magic will lose to the Cavs" and how "the Cavs will win it all" so I was just saying, you know it's coming.

I suppose since you've probably spent so much time with Shaq and Dwight you have quite a lot of evidence to base your claim "Dwight's personality >>>>> Shaq's personality". I suppose you can just throw all of Shaq's humanitarian work that he's always involved in whatever city he's at and all the money he donates to charity out of the window.

But Dwight has a nice smile... :rolleyes:

EDIT: Blue Chips was an instant classic.

OG "Dee" LOCc
04-25-2010, 03:02 PM
Funniest guy in the NBA.

TheKing23

I'm not going to get drawn into it, but your fellow Magic fan RadiantShot was the person who bought up the Cavs first. I purely compared Dwight and Shaq. So in future quote him and say "you knew it was coming".

DevonMSF
I suppose since you've probably spent so much time with Shaq and Dwight you have quite a lot of evidence to base your claim "Dwight's personality >>>>> Shaq's personality". I suppose you can just throw all of Shaq's humanitarian work that he's always involved in whatever city he's at and all the money he donates to charity out of the window.

Looks also matter a lot when it comes to the media. Dwight has that advantage, no?

Iodine
04-25-2010, 03:12 PM
I'm not going to get drawn into it, but your fellow Magic fan RadiantShot was the person who bought up the Cavs first. I purely compared Dwight and Shaq. So in future quote him and say "you knew it was coming".

Facts mean nothing on PSD

*Superman*
04-25-2010, 03:15 PM
If this thread was never made, RS wouldn't have been banned. lol

Raph12
04-25-2010, 03:16 PM

Shaq is insecure, whenever he feels threatened, he goes on the offensive and goes hard (see Kobe, Bynum, Dwight, etc). Dwight does more community work than Shaq's ever done and he donates significant amounts of money and started his own fund, etc... I've met both and seen enough from both throughout the years to be able to judge their character.

Radiant is a post whore, he just wants to get his posts up, he says w/e he wants to put up posts, go into the Magic forum, we always give him **** for it.

I wish I could go back and show you the Magic-Bobcats presser, it was filled with Cavs fans saying this and that about the Magic being no real threat, etc. And the comparisons from Dwight to Shaq are so overdone, but you brought it up again, soooo...

*Superman*
04-25-2010, 03:18 PM

You don't think Dwight has done that?

*Superman*
04-25-2010, 03:19 PM
Shaq is insecure, whenever he feels threatened, he goes on the offensive and goes hard (see Kobe, Bynum, Dwight, etc). Dwight does more community work than Shaq's ever done and he donates significant amounts of money and started his own fund, etc... I've met both and seen enough from both throughout the years to be able to judge their character.

Radiant is a post whore, he just wants to get his posts up, he says w/e he wants to put up posts, go into the Magic forum, we always give him **** for it.

I wish I could go back and show you the Magic-Bobcats presser, it was filled with Cavs fans saying this and that about the Magic being no real threat, etc. And the comparisons from Dwight to Shaq are so overdone, but you brought it up again, soooo...

So, so true. I know him in real life. We ball together and chill, he was just joking around, and trust me he has become so addicted to PSD these last few months it's probably killing him right now.

DevonMSF
04-25-2010, 03:25 PM
I think we can easily compare Dwight and Shaq (in his prime) at this exact moment.

Iodine
04-25-2010, 03:28 PM
I think we can easily compare Dwight and Shaq (in his prime) at this exact moment.

Well I mean you can, you will just look like a huge idiot

DevonMSF
04-25-2010, 03:31 PM
Well I mean you can, you will just look like a huge idiot

You don't believe that it's a close call? What's the advantage?

Raph12
04-25-2010, 03:35 PM
^^^Dwight = Defensive Beast | Shaq = Offensive Beast

But Shaq's offense would still beat Dwight's defense... We can get back at this comparison in the next 3-5 years.

DevonMSF
04-25-2010, 03:36 PM

But Shaq's offense would still beat Dwight's defense... We can get back at this comparison in the next 3-5 years.

I guess you could say that.

Avenged
04-25-2010, 03:50 PM
LOL @ people making fun of RadiantShot getting banned.

:laugh2:

Iodine
04-25-2010, 03:54 PM
LOL @ people making fun of RadiantShot getting banned.

Me and JF28 already have agreed that he's gonna be the mod that bans me

TheRazorboy
04-25-2010, 04:48 PM

Pretty much. Shaq never even pretended to be interested in playing D.

It's one of the reasons I love Dwight. He is much more the team player.

Oh, and the refs are atrocious.

Iodine
04-25-2010, 05:15 PM
Pretty much. Shaq never even pretended to be interested in playing D.
So having a Career average of over 2 blocks per game with a peak of 3.5 means he just did it cause it was easy right?
Oh and getting over 7.5 D Rebounds for your career and peaking at 9.6 is atrocious
having 4 seasons of under 100 D rating is lazy right? So is his near 65 D Win shares
4.6 block % for his career sucks right?
oh wait thats regular season, which isnt even his best

AVERAGES 12 rebounds (BBR doesnt sperate per game on O and D for playoffs) with a peak of 15.4 twice means he doesnt care right up there 61 blocks in 22 games, and leading the playoffs in blocks 4 different times

Then theres another 4 times he had a D rating of under 100 in the playoffs and a block % of 4.4 (tops out at 5.9)
Oh and averaging a 23.5 D rebound % and topping out at 28.5 means he lacks effort on D right?
Being the active leader in blocks means you never tried right?

Yeah why do we even call prime shaq prime shaq, he was clearly an all Offense C that didnt even try on D, that whole Most Dominant Ever tag is ********

D Roses Bulls
04-25-2010, 05:18 PM

lmfao..... my thoughts exactly

TheRazorboy
04-25-2010, 05:22 PM
Yeah why do we even call prime shaq prime shaq, he was clearly an all Offense C that didnt even try on D, that whole Most Dominant Ever tag is ********

Glad you concur.

And Hakeem Olajuwon called. He wants his title back.

TheKing23
04-25-2010, 05:23 PM
So having a Career average of over 2 blocks per game with a peak of 3.5 means he just did it cause it was easy right?
Oh and getting over 7.5 D Rebounds for your career and peaking at 9.6 is atrocious
having 4 seasons of under 100 D rating is lazy right? So is his near 65 D Win shares

AVERAGES 12 rebounds (BBR doesnt sperate per game on O and D for playoffs) with a peak of 15.4 twice means he doesnt care right up there 61 blocks in 22 games, and leading the playoffs in blocks 4 different times

Then theres another 4 times he had a D rating of under 100 in the playoffs and a block % of 4.4 (tops out at 5.9)
Oh and averaging a 23.5 D rebound % and topping out at 28.5 means he lacks effort on D right?

Iodine = Pwnage king

D Roses Bulls
04-25-2010, 05:24 PM
If this thread was never made, RS wouldn't have been banned. lol

poor radiant and he hearted me as well :(

Iodine
04-25-2010, 05:26 PM
Is it bad that I feel happy that when I prove someone wrong and they just skip around to my sarcasm?

DevonMSF
04-25-2010, 05:31 PM
Nice to see where this thread has gone

Avenged
04-25-2010, 05:40 PM
Glad you concur.

And Hakeem Olajuwon called. He wants his title back.

You just got owned and that's all of your comeback?

That was too easy for Iodine. :worthy:

ManRam
04-25-2010, 05:46 PM
Dwight can't even smell Shaq's prime right now.

There is absolutely no comparison.

tredigs
04-25-2010, 06:00 PM

hah, in closing...

Boom. Roasted.

I will say though that Dwight's in a pretty unique situation for a dominant center being that he came into the league so young. His prime has the potential to be bigger than anyone before him. Well other than Robert Parish, that guy was just a cyborg.

Sadds The Gr8
04-25-2010, 11:05 PM
lol @ people making fun of radiantshot getting banned.

+1

Raph12
04-26-2010, 01:24 AM

Agreed, but Shaq's impact on the defensive end has been more on his assignment and less as an overall team impact... There is a reason why in 17 years, his team has been ranked top 5 in dEFF only three times (Dwight's Magic has already accomplished that for the last four seasons [#1 in the last two]).

Dwight is up there with some of the greatest defensive centers of alltime because his impact on that end affects other teams as a whole and changes the landscape of the game with his presence... And he's only 24.

dodie53
04-26-2010, 01:32 AM
off topic:

nice sig Chill Will 24