PDA

View Full Version : Is this the most fun the West has been in a while?

DitchDat
04-25-2010, 03:06 AM
LAL - OKC... a young, well-built, defensive-minded but inexperienced team is tied up 2-2 with the defending champions. One of the best players ever vs. the youngest scoring champ in NBA history

DEN - UTA... Denver, who virtually surprised everyone last year, isn't getting much production besides Melo and Billups. They are down 1-2 against a Jazz team that is playing without starting center Okur and defenseman Kirilenko. Williams is becoming the best PG in the league before our eyes and PF combo Boozer/Millsap is playing really well.

PHO - POR... Jason Richardson is playing the best ball of his career, and the high-octane Suns are getting defensive ! The Blazers, who are playing with half a roster, tied up the series 2-2 in Brandon Roy's return from surgery in Game 4

DAL - SAS... Two of the oldest teams in the league trying to advance to the second round. They apparently hate each other now ... But hey, there's worse things than a heated series between two of the best PF's of this generation.. Dallas is down 1-2, but everything can happen in this series

What's your storyline so far?

abe_froman
04-25-2010, 03:09 AM
i dunno last year was pretty fun

iggypop123
04-25-2010, 03:53 AM
not very fun cause not everyone is healthy. would be fun if a healthy kobe was out there,half the laker team, the players from portland, utah and george karl , robin lopez etc

Fireworld
04-25-2010, 03:59 AM
not very fun cause not everyone is healthy. would be fun if a healthy kobe was out there,half the laker team, the players from portland, utah and george karl , robin lopez etc

this

Tblaze
04-25-2010, 05:56 AM
this

Perhaps, but at the same time that makes it alot more competitive...

kurivaimu
04-25-2010, 06:19 AM
I think this years West bracket is the best in years. In all of the matchups, basically both teams have a chance of advancing. It's very close. And if u think that the difference between 1st and 8th seed is just 7 wins, well that pretty much sums it up.
People with gambling habits really have a tough west bracket this year :D

ragee
04-25-2010, 07:40 AM
Even though the Mavs are in trouble right now, I have to say yes...
All the games in the Mavs-Spurs series has all been great although 2 of the result were not the ones I was looking for... It is still too close to say who is going to win in this series... It can go either way... These teams have been rivals for a long time and I am sure they will continue to put on exciting shows...

The Thunder, which is the youngest team in the league with zero experience was counted out by most fans... The Lakers took both games at home and some have been led to believe that it was going to be a sweep... However, the Thunder just won't lay down... After they beat the Lakers in a close game in game 3, they gave the defending champs a severe beating today and made them look really old... The Thunder have the momentum now but we all can't underestimate the Lakers...

Some people thought the Nuggets won't have any trouble in the west until they face the Lakers... They thought the Jazz don't have a chance anymore after Okur suffered his injury... With him and AK out, they thought the Jazz was too short handed to be able to beat the Nuggets... Well, they proved them wrong by taking a 2-1 lead against Denver...

The Blazers had high hopes even without Roy because they beat the Suns in the first game of the series... Then the Suns bounced back and whooped their butts the next 2 games... Now people started to think that the Blazers just can't make it without their star player... Well, Roy made a surprising return and guess what? They series is now even with both teams having 2 wins!

This western playoffs have been nothing but exciting and unpredictable! This has been the best 1st round for years in my opinion...

JordansBulls
04-25-2010, 10:29 AM
Wouldnt' it be something if every series out West goes 7 games?

DitchDat
04-26-2010, 07:43 AM
Wouldnt' it be something if every series out West goes 7 games?

that would be something.

ink
04-26-2010, 12:38 PM
The two youngest teams are really making this exciting. The West needed new blood and it got it this year. It would be amazing if OKC over-achieved already this year and eliminated the champions.

GSW Hoops
04-26-2010, 12:58 PM
The two youngest teams are really making this exciting. The West needed new blood and it got it this year. It would be amazing if OKC over-achieved already this year and eliminated the champions.

Oklahoma City vs. Milwaukee in the Finals, lmao. LOWEST NBA FINALS RATINGS EVER.

ink
04-26-2010, 01:04 PM
Oklahoma City vs. Milwaukee in the Finals, lmao. LOWEST NBA FINALS RATINGS EVER.

lol. But OKC - Cavs wouldn't be. Not saying it's going to happen, just saying that it would be great to have some new faces in the finals.

td0tsfinest
04-26-2010, 01:21 PM
They have all been good. The OKC-LAL one is getting the most publicity but the other three have been very good. No one thought the Blazers had a chance with Roy missing 3 games in the series. People thought the Jazz were out of it with AK and Okur out of the series and a lot of people though the spurs were too old to make any kind of move in the playoffs.

Hawkeye15
04-26-2010, 01:24 PM
its awesome. It was getting pretty boring for non fans of LAL, San Antonio, Dallas, etc. This is the most wide open its been in years, and anyone can win, which is awesome for a change
I would love it if OKC stunned the world and moved on to the next round

BaseballBoy1811
04-26-2010, 03:28 PM
You've got the San Antonio Spurs, one of the dominant teams (if not the most dominant) of the last decade, well on their way to another championship. What's amazing is that they're an older team and all of you said they wouldn't make it to the playoffs. Now even LeBron James is ******** his pants at the prospect of being pwnd by the Spurs, again, in the Finals.

I would go on a limb to say that the Spurs right now are playing better than the mid-nineties Chicago Bulls. I wouldn't want to change a thing with the way they're playing right now.

SteveNash
04-26-2010, 03:29 PM
The overall quality is pretty bad. Some teams have been unwatchable at times for how bad they played. Just because series are close doesn't mean it's fun to watch.

still1ballin
04-26-2010, 03:49 PM
The east has been very dull, while the west has been very exciting and entertaining. I expected it though.

shen
04-26-2010, 04:59 PM
This has been by far one of the best playoffs in recent memory. It was set up to be the most boring o fall time with everyone assuming LA and Cavs in finals with no trouble. The surprises and competitive nature of each series has been unbelievable. No doubt this is a fantastic year in the west, especially when day 1 most analysts had been saying no lower seed had any chance of advancing.

ballpd05
04-26-2010, 05:05 PM
The West has been amazing. I think everyone is tied or the lower seed is leading. What all the lower seeds won the opening round? Has that ever happened. I still think LA and Phoenix will win but OKC looked like they rocked those guys last game and Roy is a difference maker out there.

The only East series I watch is Chi-LBJ. I go do something else while the other East games are on and periodically check the score lol.

DitchDat
04-27-2010, 07:39 AM
So, only the Magic managed to sweep their first-round matchup. I expected more first-round sweeps to be honest.

DitchDat
04-27-2010, 07:40 AM
the shooting percentages for some teamsh have been awful though

and will Howard's foul trouble restrict Orlando in the second round?