PDA

View Full Version : How much is Josh Childress worth?

Kakaroach
04-24-2010, 07:32 PM
Since leaving to play in Greece, Josh Childress has reportedly become tougher, a better shooter, and a more versatile decision-maker.

Childress has yet to decide whether he'll fulfill the third year of his contract in Greece, or return to the NBA as a restricted FA with the Hawks. http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/ian_thomsen/04/23/countdown.euroleague/1.html

Like the article says, he will be restricted so the Hawks can match any offer. But how much would you pay a guy who hasn't played in the NBA for 2 years but still seems like a pretty good player?

randomness
04-24-2010, 07:52 PM
I think anywhere between 2.5m and 4.5m would be reasonable..

Iodine
04-24-2010, 08:13 PM
MLE imo but then again, you never know with how much free space teams have made for themselves

Ssshbliblibl00p
04-24-2010, 08:15 PM
How bout just one rib?

Hellcrooner
04-24-2010, 08:39 PM
around 6 or 7 millions a year

But he will rpobably be banned " under thetable" from coming back to the lague.

I mean he leftbecause he didnt want to rsign with his team and wasnt confortable wiht the teams ability to match offers also he wantd more han hawks were offering.

If he somehow was abl to come back get the money he wanted and hawks forfeit their rights on him he would send a dangerous message to other players.

" if you arent where you want to be and you are fed up of nba tight rules bout salarys and trades etc jsut go europe and force your teams hand"

Stern wont allow it so i think ay team interested in him will get blackmailed by league office.

Oh and if you dont blive in conspiracy go check Craig hodges wikipedia file.

Iodine
04-24-2010, 08:50 PM
Yes Crooner, the Commies have planned this all out

D Roses Bulls
04-24-2010, 09:37 PM
uh..... he was a good scrappy player, but theres a reason hes not in the NBA cause no one thought he was worth a whole lot.

td0tsfinest
04-24-2010, 09:38 PM
Maybe 5 m.

ugafan
04-24-2010, 11:20 PM
He's not worth a penny because his teeth look like **** and that's all that matters.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_NjJGcE56IWw/SRb1_wPB2-I/AAAAAAAAAp0/qFwv1WPRajM/s400/josh+childress.jpg

Nighthawk
04-24-2010, 11:34 PM
He's not worth a penny because his teeth look like **** and that's all that matters.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_NjJGcE56IWw/SRb1_wPB2-I/AAAAAAAAAp0/qFwv1WPRajM/s400/josh+childress.jpg

:clap::clap:

Childress was a good player for the Hawks a few years back. If hes improved his game even more hes gotta be worth some teams MLE. right?

IRUAM #21
04-24-2010, 11:44 PM

I mean he leftbecause he didnt want to rsign with his team and wasnt confortable wiht the teams ability to match offers also he wantd more han hawks were offering.

If he somehow was abl to come back get the money he wanted and hawks forfeit their rights on him he would send a dangerous message to other players.

" if you arent where you want to be and you are fed up of nba tight rules bout salarys and trades etc jsut go europe and force your teams hand"

Stern wont allow it so i think ay team interested in him will get blackmailed by league office.

Then Don't Watch.

Kakaroach
04-25-2010, 11:32 AM

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_NjJGcE56IWw/SRb1_wPB2-I/AAAAAAAAAp0/qFwv1WPRajM/s400/josh+childress.jpg Wow that is really a flattering picture of him lol.

I agree with most of you guys, 3-5mill a year sounds about right for Childress.

Tblaze
04-25-2010, 12:57 PM

I'm pretty sure he got them fixed..

SteveNash
04-25-2010, 04:56 PM
Way less than the full MLE.

You do realize that Craig Hodges was a nut and team cancer who screwed himself out of the NBA.

Not really comparable to Childress who seemed like a fine teammate, just a guy that wanted to get paid, even though he wouldn't have made more in the NBA.