PDA

View Full Version : Miami will look to trade Beasley

Pages : [1] 2

*Superman*
04-24-2010, 12:13 PM
Sources tell Chris Sheridan that the Heat has soured on Michael Beasley's slow growth and lack of defense, and tried to move the former second overall pick before this year's trade deadline.

Pat Riley will again look to deal Beasley this off-season in order to give the Heat more salary cap flexibility.

The team has room to retain Dwyane Wade and sign another maximum-salary free agent. Shedding Beasley's $5 million contract could open up enough cap space for Miami to pursue a third frontline free agent.

I wonder who they could get. He has a small contract.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2010/columns/story?columnist=sheridan_chris&page=beasleygame3-100423

D_Rose1118
04-24-2010, 12:16 PM
wow...

cant imagine the bulls had taken this guy

torontosports10
04-24-2010, 12:17 PM
To get more cap... only way thats possible is future picks. Dont know how much Heat fans would like that.

RadiantShot
04-24-2010, 12:18 PM
Beasley is a decent player for a team looking to turn it around. I.E. : Kings, Nets, Knicks, etc.

Toenail Clipper
04-24-2010, 12:18 PM
Let him go to Chicago!

Ray_R
04-24-2010, 12:21 PM
Let him go to Chicago!

for kirk hinrich yes but wont happen becuase kirk will eat up cap but hewould be a good fit for Miami.

jimbobjarree
04-24-2010, 12:30 PM
if they want more cap just turn down his option for next year

Bostondiehard
04-24-2010, 12:33 PM
He hasn't impressed me at all this series. I was expecting more out him. Not surprising I guess. But wow, kid is still soo young, 1-09-89..

Draco
04-24-2010, 12:36 PM
for kirk hinrich yes but wont happen becuase kirk will eat up cap but hewould be a good fit for Miami.

Where would he play? I'd rather have Taj and Deng in the starting line up. I'd rather put Kirk in a package to get a player better, or at least more mentally stable, than Beasley.. even gambling on a mid to low first round draft pick appears to me to be a safer risk. If he's complaining about his inability to play 'freely' in Miami, I don't know if that's going to change much in Chicago.

momoneyyyy
04-24-2010, 12:39 PM
trade to a young team for the future.

SirCalvin81
04-24-2010, 12:40 PM

im pretty sure they want something high in return

Iodine
04-24-2010, 12:42 PM
Who wants him?

Draco
04-24-2010, 12:43 PM
Who wants him?

According to ESPN.. before the trade deadline, no team was interested in him for anything more than garbage.

Ragun
04-24-2010, 12:45 PM
miami should be able to get something for him. they should trade him to a team that does not score a lot of points.

NJ, charlotte, even detroit if they can get rid of CV. he would be a decent fit with Chicago IMO.

Draco
04-24-2010, 12:47 PM
miami should be able to get something for him. they should trade him to a team that does not score a lot of points.

NJ, charlotte, even detroit if they can get rid of CV. he would be a decent fit with Chicago IMO.

You see him displacing Taj or Deng? I don't.. Beasley can't stay on the floor in Miami for a reason other than 'Spo doesn't know what he's doing'.

Ray_R
04-24-2010, 12:49 PM
Where would he play? I'd rather have Taj and Deng in the starting line up. I'd rather put Kirk in a package to get a player better, or at least more mentally stable, than Beasley.. even gambling on a mid to low first round draft pick appears to me to be a safer risk. If he's complaining about his inability to play 'freely' in Miami, I don't know if that's going to change much in Chicago.

Deng is gonna have to be gone if we have any chance of atleast a s&t with toronto.(which idk if can happen.)

*Superman*
04-24-2010, 12:49 PM
KD for Beasley. :D

arkanian215
04-24-2010, 12:51 PM
I can't imagine NJ giving up much for him even if they were interested. We want someone who can defend the post and rebound. I seriously doubt we trade a top 4 pick for him. Miami wouldn't trade for Harris since they just said they wanted more cap flexibility.

smith&wesson
04-24-2010, 12:53 PM
Beasly is gonna be pretty good, miami shouldnt give him up for nothing. they are stupid if they do. his contracts not big enough to trade him for a big name player.

beasly, JO, chalmers for bosh and calderon.

Trouble87
04-24-2010, 12:55 PM
Beasley is decent but his off the court behavior might hurt his trade value

Riley should keep him, I see his trade value going up when his maturity does

Draco
04-24-2010, 12:59 PM
I can't imagine NJ giving up much for him even if they were interested. We want someone who can defend the post and rebound. I seriously doubt we trade a top 4 pick for him. Miami wouldn't trade for Harris since they just said they wanted more cap flexibility.

Every team except for Toronto wants that out of their PF.

Mishmin
04-24-2010, 01:03 PM
yeah that seems pretty quick to write him off. after wade no one stepped up in this series but he's a second year. Took billups 5 years to get ill.

Iodine
04-24-2010, 01:08 PM
Every team except for Toronto wants that out of their PF.

And the suns

DQL
04-24-2010, 01:10 PM

My fellow Heat fans would blame me for this but I'd trade Beasley+Jones+Cook(+a future 1st or some 2nd's) for Hinrich+#17 pick. Hinrich is exactly what the Heat want at PG. A great defender who can shoot the 3's

mikantsass
04-24-2010, 01:16 PM
You see him displacing Taj or Deng? I don't.. Beasley can't stay on the floor in Miami for a reason other than 'Spo doesn't know what he's doing'.

I agree with a Bulls fan. Id rather have Taj than Beasley too..... Beasley does have some upside if a team wants to take on a project, but it looks like Beasley is going to be a mediocre player in the NBA

Ragun
04-24-2010, 01:23 PM

but the guy can score. he would make chicago a better team.

Jays Claw
04-24-2010, 01:24 PM
Taj Gibson is a better player when comparing him to Michael Beasley.

The only thing Michael Beasley has on Taj Gibson is talent and potential.

Iodine
but the guy can score. he would make chicago a better team.

He really wouldnt, he is so inefficient and would hurt Chi on D way more than he would "help" on O

OC Knights #11
Milwaukee. he would be good with brandon jennings. And Skiles is a good defensive coach that could help beasley.

magikmc
04-24-2010, 01:27 PM
He's going to end up in toronto for bosh.

RadiantShot
04-24-2010, 01:31 PM
LMAO. That would be a pretty big steal.

Jays Claw
04-24-2010, 01:32 PM
Michael Beasley would be a good fit with the Pacers. Put him along Danny Granger and you have a very talented front line. The only problem is, I have no clue what the Pacers have to offer. Brandon Rush and Tyler Hansbrough for Michael Beasley?

Ragun
04-24-2010, 01:34 PM
Beasly is gonna be pretty good, miami shouldnt give him up for nothing. they are stupid if they do. his contracts not big enough to trade him for a big name player.

beasly, JO, chalmers for bosh and calderon.

ew no. bargnani and beasley cant play together.

Jays Claw
04-24-2010, 01:36 PM
If they want more cap space, just turn down his option for next year.

It isn't that simple. Every team in the NBA would love to have Michael Beasley because of his potential. Why let him go for nothing? His talent level and potential alone could net you a decent package.

GodsSon
04-24-2010, 01:39 PM
You mean he's not going to be better than Bosh or Amare, or in his own words comparable to Carmelo? lol

abe_froman
04-24-2010, 01:50 PM
it's going to be hard to find takers for him because his value is extremely low right now so the heat wont get anything for him

td0tsfinest
04-24-2010, 02:06 PM

That's true but you can probably get some kinda value for a relatively young player that still has potential.

The_Pharouh
04-24-2010, 02:16 PM

Not sure If anybody said that b4 but those Rookie contract options is picked one year early,i.e Beasley third year has already picked while his fourth year to be picked this summer

J-Relo
04-24-2010, 02:18 PM
NEts?

JordansBulls
04-24-2010, 02:30 PM
How much could they get for him and who needs him?

NastyRud
04-24-2010, 02:43 PM
James Johnson & # 17 & for Beasley to go with Deng & Char nxt yr # 1 for Bosh.

Rose / Hinrich
Ray Allen
Beasley
Bosh / Taj
Noah / Miller

abe_froman
04-24-2010, 02:50 PM
James Johnson & # 17 & for Beasley to go with Deng & Char nxt yr # 1 for Bosh.

Rose / Hinrich
Ray Allen
Beasley
Bosh / Taj
Noah / Miller

jj i might;but jj and 17,ehhhh

Hawkeye15
04-24-2010, 02:56 PM
who wants him? The only way is an bad team that is rebuilding who is willing to give him the next 2 years as a shot. But he has shown nothing to justify his pick

Kyben36
04-24-2010, 02:56 PM
HAHA to every bulls fan that wanted us to take him over Rose.

seems like a guy who just doenst get it though,

Iodine
04-24-2010, 02:57 PM
who wants him? The only way is an bad team that is rebuilding who is willing to give him the next 2 years as a shot. But he has shown nothing to justify his pick

The only reason im quoting you is cause your a wolves fan lol

I remember these guys I know were saying Love was gonna be like how beasley is now lol

Hawkeye15
04-24-2010, 03:01 PM
The only reason im quoting you is cause your a wolves fan lol

I remember these guys I know were saying Love was gonna be like how beasley is now lol

a brain and a heart arent athletic skills, which is why Love has always been sold short. To date, he is having a far better individual career than Beas.
But really, a team like the Wolves may be interested in him. That is what I meant. Send a deal like Gomes, who is only guaranteed $1 million for him, and they can cut Gomes, etc. The Wolves are 2 years from making noise if they play their cards right, they can afford to wait on Beas.

nuggetsyankees
04-24-2010, 03:02 PM
if NJ drafts Wall, they could trade Harris for Beasley and someone else

Becks2307
04-24-2010, 03:02 PM
beasley to okc! let him back up KD lol

Chill_Will_24
04-24-2010, 03:08 PM
Yea Devin harris is a proven All Star when he has a guy to take pressure off him (VC). I can only imagine what he would do with Wade. Best back court in the NBA? The Heat need an upgrade at PG and for the Nets ANYONE is an improvement over Yi. I have a feeling Beasley will thrive in a system where he is the first option. He can be that there if the Nets strike out on all the major free agents. If they land Wall, Beasley would become so much better.

Derick713
04-24-2010, 03:12 PM
The Heat can't just dump the 2nd overall pick this soon. It sounds like the Heat want to clear his 5 million salary all together. It sounds like Heat will offer a 1st Round Pick to a team who his willing to take on Beasley and Cook.

Hawkeye15
04-24-2010, 03:16 PM
Yea Devin harris is a proven All Star when he has a guy to take pressure off him (VC). I can only imagine what he would do with Wade. Best back court in the NBA? The Heat need an upgrade at PG and for the Nets ANYONE is an improvement over Yi. I have a feeling Beasley will thrive in a system where he is the first option. He can be that there if the Nets strike out on all the major free agents. If they land Wall, Beasley would become so much better.

what makes you think being a 1st option will help him right now?? Its easier to score next to a player like Wade efficiently compared to having the defensive focus on you. Beasley needs a total game change, not just a change of scenery. He needs to stop chucking jumpers off hesitation, and get to the rim. Rebound, and at least to pretend to play defense.

Iodine
04-24-2010, 03:28 PM
Beasley would be a number one option on 0 NBA teams

Chill_Will_24
04-24-2010, 03:28 PM
what makes you think being a 1st option will help him right now?? Its easier to score next to a player like Wade efficiently compared to having the defensive focus on you. Beasley needs a total game change, not just a change of scenery. He needs to stop chucking jumpers off hesitation, and get to the rim. Rebound, and at least to pretend to play defense.

Because hes a cocky ***** player. He doesnt give it his all playing behind Wade as a second option. He wants to be the first option imo. I dont even want him. I hate the guy. I just meant its a possibility. I want the Nets to keep Harris. Its just if we get Wall, there is NO way Harris will keep his starting job. And he is a starting PG. It would be a shame to humanity having him as a backup. Although he would make a decent sixth man.

NastyRud
04-24-2010, 03:40 PM
HAHA to every bulls fan that wanted us to take him over Rose.

seems like a guy who just doenst get it though,

Yea, I was one of those guys. I can admit I was wrong, just like I was able to admit I was wrong about Ryan Leaf too.

.......But I more than covered for it by wanting Noah when he came out.

Hawkeye15
04-24-2010, 03:44 PM
Because hes a cocky ***** player. He doesnt give it his all playing behing second option. He wants to be the first option imo. I dont even want him. I hate the guy. I just meant its a possibility. I want the Nets to keep Harris. Its just if we get Wall, there is NO way Harris will keep his starting job. And he is a starting PG. It would be a shame to humanity having him as a backup. Although he would make a decent sixth man.

well, I still don't get how he would thrive being a #1 option. He can't even score efficiently in the slightest when given minimal attention. Give him the other teams best defender every night, and he gets worse. I think Beas needs to go to a team that has the patience to see if he can tap any of his potential. The Nets, Wolves, Kings, for example. They could trade for him, as a low risk, high reward type thing.
Harris crushed his trade value this season. He will fetch some help, but not the same as he would have a year ago. NJ has minimal trade chips, and with Terrence Williams showing some life, why even go after Beas?

nuggetsyankees
04-24-2010, 03:44 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=2fknn58

this would be a good trade for both teams

Ethix11
04-24-2010, 03:46 PM
i dont see the Heat trading him for peanuts. they might as well keep him since he doesnt make that much anyway and give him more time to develop.

nuggetsyankees
04-24-2010, 03:49 PM
i dont see the Heat trading him for peanuts. they might as well keep him since he doesnt make that much anyway and give him more time to develop.

I'm pretty sure a guy like Devin Harris isn't peanuts

Raps08-09 Champ
04-24-2010, 05:45 PM
I'll give you Amir Johnson and Belinelli.

Raph12
04-24-2010, 05:48 PM
Beasley for Anthony Johnson... Let's get it done!

Jays Claw
04-24-2010, 05:57 PM
I'll give you Amir Johnson and Marco Belinelli.

No way!

I'm in love with the idea of Amir Johnson being the Raptors' future.

Give them Marco Belinelli and Marcus Banks for Michael Beasley.

Raps08-09 Champ
04-24-2010, 06:03 PM
No way!

I'm in love with the idea of Amir Johnson being the Raptors' future.

Give them Marco Belinelli and Marcus Banks for Michael Beasley.

Lol.

Even Raptors fans don't want this guy.

And all I offered was a guy that is a 15 and 10 player at his very best. And that might be hoping for too much.

Ovratd1up
04-24-2010, 06:10 PM
Trade him, Arroyo, and a first round pick to the Nets for Harris if they get the first pick.

Harris/Mario
Wade/Cook
Q/Wright
C-Bo/Haslem (C-Bo is Chris Bosh or Carlos Boozer)
FA/Anthony

Wall/Arroyo
Lee/CDR
T-Will/Whatever
Beasely/Yi
Lopez/Boone

knickerbockerny
04-24-2010, 06:30 PM
Beasley just ended up in the wrong system, with no good pg to get him the ball. The heat barely move the ball around. Everything begins and ends with Wade.

IversonIsKrazy
04-24-2010, 06:32 PM
Who would really want B-Easy? Whoever is going to get him, will be making themselves believe that he still has a lot of potential, it'll be Mind over Matter. Although, I hope to see in an up-tempo place like Phoenix, New York, Golden State, so he will actually play kind of well.

xbrackattackx
04-24-2010, 06:39 PM

I wouldn't mind Chicago picking up Beasley and trading Him,Flip and Deng for Bosh and Demar .

ryder78c
04-24-2010, 06:49 PM
warriors or Celtics bench

kozelkid
04-24-2010, 06:57 PM
Milwaukee. he would be good with brandon jennings. And Skiles is a good defensive coach that could help beasley.

Skiles will destroy him as he has done to underachieving, talented players in the past (see Tyrus Thomas).

Iodine
04-24-2010, 07:00 PM
Skiles would put cyanide in beasleys water

Kakaroach
04-24-2010, 07:17 PM
The Heat could have gotten Beasley for Boozer last summer. Now their not gonna get a whole lot.

Hawkeye15
04-24-2010, 08:15 PM
Skiles would put cyanide in beasleys water

in practice #2 for being backdoored for the 4th straight time.

Sadds The Gr8
04-24-2010, 09:42 PM
Not a surprise to me, and shouldn't really be a surprise to anyone.

dwadefan03
04-24-2010, 09:52 PM
My fellow Heat fans would blame me for this but I'd trade Beasley+Jones+Cook(+a future 1st or some 2nd's) for Hinrich+#17 pick. Hinrich is exactly what the Heat want at PG. A great defender who can shoot the 3's

im not mad at you...thats great value for us

0nekhmer
04-24-2010, 10:12 PM
beasly can clearly be an elite player in today's league.. He's just too lazy and disinterested. I'm surprised he doesn't like his team, he's got D freaking Wade..
Maybe send him to the bobcats :eyebrow:

Becks2307
04-24-2010, 11:09 PM
beasley got wayyyy to easy a coach to start his career with...he needed a steely veteran coach who would hold him accountable

Silent
04-24-2010, 11:59 PM
Let him go to Chicago!

F u you take him

Give him to the knicks that's probably all they will get in the offseason

Or trade him to No For Collison

Stunner
04-25-2010, 12:59 AM
F u you take him

Aye dat might not be a bad idea Beasley and a 2010 1st round pick for Collison

Collison
Wade
Wright
FA
FA/Draft/O'neal

CP3
Thorton
Beasley
West
Okafor

FaM0us Skins
04-25-2010, 12:59 AM
yeah Beasley should go to the Hornets

29$JerZ
04-25-2010, 01:17 AM
F u you take him

:laugh:

sargon21
04-25-2010, 01:22 AM
Yea, I was one of those guys. I can admit I was wrong, just like I was able to admit I was wrong about Ryan Leaf too.

.......But I more than covered for it by wanting Noah when he came out.

haha more than covered it, not even close haha

sargon21
04-25-2010, 01:22 AM
i could live with beasley

nuggetsyankees
04-25-2010, 01:46 AM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=29nkgtt

this would be kinda fair

ldc62
04-25-2010, 01:50 AM
I wouldn't trade a late first rounder for this guy...

(DET)#1 ALL DAY
04-25-2010, 01:57 AM
how bout to the pistons in a one up trade for tayshaun? or maybe rip? but rip's salary is killer

Jonathan2323
04-25-2010, 01:59 AM

What a joke he's 21 years old. He averages 15 and 6.

effen5
04-25-2010, 02:16 AM
Bust written all over him....god if the Bulls drafted him over Rose....I woulda killed Paxon.

Heater4life
04-25-2010, 02:29 AM
Hes not a "bust". the thing with him he just cant play off ball. he needs the offense to run thru him.

I say include him in a sign and trade; we can take the salary hit obviously.

If we cant do that, then make sure you have a max FA under contract and trade him for a crap pick.

That extra 5 mill would let us sign a 2nd max player if not another very talented role player.

DQL
04-25-2010, 03:20 AM

wait a minute. did a Raptors fan say this? If Beasley isn't worth a late 1st rounder then Bargnani in his sophomore season wasn't worth jack. 10.3 pts on 38.6%, 3.7 rebs. Really?

THE MTL
04-25-2010, 03:24 AM
Beasley just looks really SMALL out there. I remember back in his college days when he was "6-10" LMFAO! Beasley has been EXPOSED!!! And he is still listed at 6-10. NO WAY possible. Beasley is about 6'8"...poorly undersized PF.

Draco
04-25-2010, 03:34 AM
Beasley just looks really SMALL out there. I remember back in his college days when he was "6-10" LMFAO! Beasley has been EXPOSED!!! And he is still listed at 6-10. NO WAY possible. Beasley is about 6'8"...poorly undersized PF.

Old news. I have no idea who fudges the numbers.. agents maybe? but it doesn't fool anyone. Ben Gordon's listed as 6'3" and everyone knows he's 6'1"

raptor fan
04-25-2010, 10:30 AM
i think he'd be a really good fit in San Antonio. Duncan's starting to slow down, and beasely could be a good young option to replace him.

James Jones & Michael Beasely for Antonio McDyess, 20th pick & 49th pick

GodsSon
04-25-2010, 10:34 AM
wait a minute. did a Raptors fan say this? If Beasley isn't worth a late 1st rounder then Bargnani in his sophomore season wasn't worth jack. 10.3 pts on 38.6%, 3.7 rebs. Really?

Bargs also doesn't have the baggage that Beasley has, and has a much higher basketball IQ

thescore53
04-25-2010, 10:55 AM

um do you know how hard it is to change your game from the euro style, when bargs came he was just a shooter his 2nd year teams got a scouting report on him and found out all he does was shoot so they put a small guy on him and he struggled, he worked on the offseason to post smaller guys down ,

and now he is a way more productive player than beasly

marlinsfan24
04-25-2010, 10:59 AM
Beasley's 21 and averaging 15 and 6 in his second season but has bust written all over him? This thread is pathetic.

thescore53
04-25-2010, 11:04 AM
Beasley's 21 and averaging 15 and 6 in his second season but has bust written all over him? This thread is pathetic.

we dont need stats we have eyes, beasley was pegged to be a superstar

IRUAM #21
04-25-2010, 11:08 AM
we dont need stats we have eyes, beasley was pegged to be a superstar

So was Bargs :p

Jon23815
04-25-2010, 11:18 AM
Trade him to the nets for Yi! lmao garbage for garbage

thescore53
04-25-2010, 11:31 AM

no he wasnt, that was like the first draft where theyre was no clear number one several guys could have went at that spot ,

btw this was the first year the age restriction was introduced, another way for the nba to screw us

IRUAM #21
04-25-2010, 11:33 AM
no he wasnt, that was like the first draft where theyre was no clear number one several guys could have went at that spot ,

btw this was the first year the age restriction was introduced, another way for the nba to screw us

Like who ? Thomas, Aldridge, Morrison, Williams ? The only guy could have been Roy.

Raps08-09 Champ

I am loving your sig.

I'm starting to be gay for you.

DQL
um do you know how hard it is to change your game from the euro style, when bargs came he was just a shooter his 2nd year teams got a scouting report on him and found out all he does was shoot so they put a small guy on him and he struggled, he worked on the offseason to post smaller guys down ,

and now he is a way more productive player than beasly

um do you know how hard it is to change your game from being the 1st option and the best player in college to deferring to someone else, when beas came he was just a scorer the Heat forced him to do something he wasn't known of that is defense they didn't focus on his offense and he struggled, he will work on this off-season to defense and refine his offensive game ,

and he will be a way more productive player then bargani

oh btw per 36 stats don't show that Barg is more productive

Bargnani

Season Age Tm Lg G GS MP FG FGA FG% 3P 3PA 3P% FT FTA FT% ORB DRB TRB AST STL BLK TOV PF PTS
2006-07 21 TOR NBA 65 2 1629 5.9 13.8 .427 2.2 5.9 .373 2.6 3.1 .824 1.1 4.5 5.6 1.1 0.7 1.2 2.4 4.0 16.6
2007-08 22 TOR NBA 78 53 1861 5.4 14.0 .386 1.7 5.0 .345 2.7 3.3 .840 1.0 4.6 5.6 1.7 0.4 0.7 1.7 4.1 15.3
2008-09 23 TOR NBA 78 59 2453 6.3 14.1 .450 1.7 4.3 .409 3.2 3.9 .831 1.0 5.1 6.1 1.4 0.5 1.4 2.0 3.6 17.6
2009-10 24 TOR NBA 80 80 2799 6.9 14.7 .470 1.6 4.2 .372 2.3 3.0 .774 1.4 5.0 6.3 1.2 0.3 1.4 1.5 2.8 17.7
Career NBA 301 194 8742 6.2 14.2 .439 1.8 4.7 .376 2.7 3.3 .815 1.1 4.8 6.0 1.3 0.5 1.2 1.9 3.5 17.0

Beasley

Season Age Tm Lg G GS MP FG FGA FG% 3P 3PA 3P% FT FTA FT% ORB DRB TRB AST STL BLK TOV PF PTS
2008-09 20 MIA NBA 81 19 2009 8.1 17.1 .472 0.6 1.5 .407 3.3 4.3 .772 2.0 5.9 7.9 1.5 0.7 0.7 2.2 3.3 20.1
2009-10 21 MIA NBA 78 78 2328 7.2 16.1 .450 0.4 1.6 .275 3.0 3.7 .800 1.9 5.8 7.7 1.5 1.2 0.8 2.0 3.4 17.9
Career NBA 159 97 4337 7.6 16.6 .461 0.5 1.5 .333 3.1 4.0 .786 1.9 5.8 7.8 1.5 1.0 0.7 2.1 3.4 18.9

Barg has nothing over Beas except for blocks and shooting percentages

Raps08-09 Champ
04-25-2010, 11:35 AM

When people say bust, I think they mean that he won't reach his full potential.

He's going to be good but he could be great if he learned to mature up and start playing his best.

Think Derrick Coleman.

marlinsfan24
04-25-2010, 11:39 AM
When people say bust, I think they mean that he won't reach his full potential.

He's going to be good but he could be great if he learned to mature up and start playing his best.

Think Derrick Coleman.

My point is it usually takes big men 3 years to breakout, if he doesn't do that next season, I will be on board with you guys saying the same thing.

IRUAM #21
04-25-2010, 11:40 AM
I am loving your sig.

I'm starting to be gay for you.

:p I had to do a little editing to that quote.

thescore53
04-25-2010, 11:50 AM
Like who ? Thomas, Aldridge, Morrison, Williams ? The only guy could have been Roy.

yes aldridge was gonna be picked then bc back off at the last moment, some thought morrison was gonna go, and no one thought roy would be this good

IRUAM #21
04-25-2010, 11:53 AM
Well, Miami was thinking about going with Mayo, Beasley could have easily gone 3rd or 4th as well.

netsgiantsyanks
04-25-2010, 11:55 AM
idk if the nets would bite on a beasley trade

HouRealCoach
04-25-2010, 12:00 PM
After seeing the playoffs... It doesnt seem like Wade will stay either so...

fishfan79
04-25-2010, 12:02 PM
doubt he is traded one person says he will be and mysteriously we are going to move him no matter what lol

Iodine
04-25-2010, 12:05 PM
i think he'd be a really good fit in San Antonio. Duncan's starting to slow down, and beasely could be a good young option to replace him.

James Jones & Michael Beasely for Antonio McDyess, 20th pick & 49th pick

As a spurs fan thats ****ing horrible

BALLER71
04-25-2010, 12:09 PM

:sigh:

thescore53
04-25-2010, 12:20 PM
Well, Miami was thinking about going with Mayo, Beasley could have easily gone 3rd or 4th as well.

no it was known that it was beas vs rose , like kd vs oden

Jays Claw
04-25-2010, 12:22 PM
Michael Beasley would be very good in New Jersey. Since the guy has a tendency to play on the perimeter, it would be ideal to pair him up with Brook Lopez. A big man who is consistenly in the paint. Once again, I have no clue what the Nets have to offer.

Yi Jianlian and Courtney Lee for Michael Beasley? :shrug:

DQL
04-25-2010, 12:32 PM
Michael Beasley would be very good in New Jersey. Since the guy has a tendency to play on the perimeter, it would be ideal to pair him up with Brook Lopez. A big man who is consistenly in the paint. Once again, I have no clue what the Nets have to offer.

Yi Jianlian and Courtney Lee for Michael Beasley? :shrug:

The Heat need no piece of Yi. He's another jump shooting PF who can't defend. At least Beasley's got tons of talent unlike that Chinese dude who faked his date of birth. Lee is a good player but we already have Wade at SG. If the Nets get the #1 pick and draft Wall, I'd like to trade Beasley+Cook+#18 pick for Harris. Nets fans probably won't do it though

Stunner
04-25-2010, 12:42 PM
no it was known that it was beas vs rose , like kd vs oden

Nah but the Heat was real high on Mayo as well he could have been the 2 pick as well. But picked Beasley cuz wat he did in college.

Stunner
04-25-2010, 12:43 PM
Beasley to the Hornets or the Knicks is the best teams to go to. Im sure CP3 will help make Beasley a better player and the Knicks he can get in a high tempo system a have to play lil defense and jus score and grab rebounds of countless shots being put up.

FinsFoLife
04-25-2010, 12:50 PM
If the Nets get the #1 pick and draft Wall, I'd like to trade Beasley+Cook+#18 pick for Harris. Nets fans probably won't do it though

I'd throw Chalmers in too.

Beasley, Cook, Chalmers, #18

for

Devin Harris

effen5
04-25-2010, 12:52 PM
Nah but the Heat was real high on Mayo as well he could have been the 2 pick as well. But picked Beasley cuz wat he did in college.

Didn't Riley say that he wasn't a big fan of Beas back in the draft?

If thats true why did he pick him? He shoulda gone with his instincts.

GSRaider
04-25-2010, 12:52 PM
he'd be a good fit with the warriors... likes too shoot and doesnt like to play defense...

Stunner
04-25-2010, 12:53 PM
Hey Heat fans u guys still have Patrick Beverly on your team right? if u do when he comes from overseas that guy is a stud a good backcourt player with Wade if he stays.

DQL
04-25-2010, 12:53 PM

exactly. Riley knew Beasley wasn't the right pick and was looking to trade down (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2008/news/story?id=3459696) but a trade has never happened. Then the Heat's FO persuaded him to take Beasley. Riley should be regretful for not being decisive right now.

If the Miami Heat's recent activities are any indication, they are not going to select Kansas State forward Michael Beasley with the No. 2 pick in Thursday's NBA draft.

ESPN.com has been reporting since the draft lottery that Heat president Pat Riley has reservations about Beasley. While Beasley is a talent, Riley seems to be uncomfortable with his personality and seems dead set on finding a point guard to pair in the backcourt with Dwyane Wade.

If the Heat don't find any takers, sources told ESPN.com's Andy Katz on Tuesday night that Mayo was told by Heat brass -- which included Riley, general manager Randy Pfund and coach Erik Spoelstra -- that he is in contention to be selected outright at No. 2.

In addition to any questions about attitude, a number of high-ranking NBA sources told Katz that one of the main reasons the Heat wouldn't select Beasley is the hope that they will land Utah's Carlos Boozer in a year when he can opt out of his contract

Stunner
04-25-2010, 12:54 PM
Didn't Riley say that he wasn't a big fan of Beas back in the draft?

If thats true why did he pick him? He shoulda gone with his instincts.

yeah he did he jus went with the pop pick.

Becks2307
04-25-2010, 12:55 PM
Beasley to the Hornets or the Knicks is the best teams to go to. Im sure CP3 will help make Beasley a better player and the Knicks he can get in a high tempo system a have to play lil defense and jus score and grab rebounds of countless shots being put up.

the average nba fan's ignorance to how the knicks play is baffling

Ollie Tabooger
04-25-2010, 12:56 PM

no. i don't want beasley anywhere near milwaukee.

Stunner
04-25-2010, 12:57 PM
the average nba fan's ignorance to how the knicks play is baffling

i like some of the Kincks players dont get me wrong but it is somewhat true its not your fault that u guys dont have better players on your team that play D outside of TD, Chandler,Gallo, and lil D-Lee. And im not ignorant cuz i was giving some what facts bout the team. Im jus saying since Beasley plays no D and the Mike's system isnt knw for a great defensive team but an average one and Beasley likes to shoot shots he would fit in. The same with GS so u are not alone.

Becks2307
04-25-2010, 12:59 PM
lol did you guys know durant and beasley grew up together..

Stunner
04-25-2010, 01:01 PM
lol did you guys know durant and beasley grew up together..

yup

Catfish1314
04-25-2010, 01:07 PM

I don't know. I think the Heat have enough money available this summer to re-up Wade and add another major player. Depending on who that major player is, I'm sure D-Wade would more than entertain the notion of returning.

Jays Claw
04-25-2010, 01:08 PM
The Heat would have been amazing with O.J Mayo and Dwyane Wade. :drool:

They could have easily traded down as well. Could you imagine the Heat if they had picked one of Kevin Love, Brook Lopez, D.J Augustin, Jerryd Bayless or Eric Gordon? Holy ****! There would have been no reason for Dwyane Wade to consider leaving. :rolleyes:

momoneyyyy
04-25-2010, 01:16 PM
maybe he could go to golden state or the kings.

kevcab021
04-25-2010, 01:17 PM
i hope they dont trade him

Jays Claw
04-25-2010, 01:18 PM
I hope they don't trade him.

Why do you want the Heat to keep him?

They should trade him now and shed his salary. The Heat will most likely sign one of Chris Bosh, Carlos Boozer, David Lee or Amare Stoudemire. There is no need to keep Michael Beasly unless they're looking to move him to the small forward position. However, he's better suited at the power forward position. Do you really want a head case in Michael Beasley whining on the bench?

fadedmario
04-25-2010, 01:32 PM
I'd like to see him in a Pistons uni

Jays Claw
04-25-2010, 01:39 PM
Should the Heat trade Michael Beasley to Detroit?

Trade him for Jason Maxiell and the Heat in my opinion, will improve their defense significantly.

Jonathan2323
04-25-2010, 01:46 PM
Wow Jason Maxiell really? seriously underestimating his value

Raps08-09 Champ
04-25-2010, 01:49 PM
My point is it usually takes big men 3 years to breakout, if he doesn't do that next season, I will be on board with you guys saying the same thing.

I think Beasley will be a good 20 and 10 player.

But will not reach his maximum potential. Some had him compared to Melo.

Raps08-09 Champ
04-25-2010, 01:50 PM
:p I had to do a little editing to that quote.

If you waited a little, I would have come out sooner or later.

b_rad23
04-25-2010, 01:53 PM
Yes, Beasley is just an inefficient chucker

BlazingInferno
04-25-2010, 03:11 PM
He would shine on my Knicks

thescore53
04-25-2010, 03:34 PM
nah but the heat was real high on mayo as well he could have been the 2 pick as well. But picked beasley cuz wat he did in college.

yes but the known consensus was either beas or rose any other way it would have been a surprise

b_rad23
04-25-2010, 03:59 PM
Beasley>Mayo

Jays Claw
04-25-2010, 04:13 PM
Michael Beasley made a strong case to stay in Miami with his play today.

J$mo0th_3o5
04-25-2010, 04:27 PM
Keep it up Beasley!

LayZbone
04-25-2010, 04:46 PM
Beasley's been solid these last two games.

Hoopsadvocate
04-25-2010, 05:51 PM
Beasley did good today not great i liked that he took it in more but he still should have dunked the ball on a couple plays in the 3rd instead of passing it up or going weak tot he basket. His d has shown consistency these past two games though. Still its a bit sad that old man Richardson looks like our second best player this series.

Beasley should be ordered to carry around an ipod that plays that ali video while on the bench to keep his intensity up.

Hawkeye15
04-25-2010, 06:22 PM
thank god he woke up a bit. Nice putback to keep the distance, and played well in the last 2 minutes. Thank god. I so want this kid to figure it out, I just dont know if he will

Blackjack24
04-25-2010, 06:37 PM
If dumping him lands a 3rd good player to lineup with Wade and a max FA-- Miami should do it in a heartbeat. That said, he's still got room to improve.

fadedmario
04-25-2010, 07:37 PM
Mayo is way better than Beasley whoever a couple back compared the two. Beasley is a bust. If he was a 20, 10 guy he would at least be close now. He's not. Maybe he succeeds if he goes to a team that is not expecting as much from him.

marlinsfan24
04-25-2010, 07:40 PM
Mayo is way better than Beasley whoever a couple back compared the two. Beasley is a bust. If he was a 20, 10 guy he would at least be close now. He's not. Maybe he succeeds if he goes to a team that is not expecting as much from him.

Mayo: 17.5ppg and 3 assists in 38 MPG
Beasley: 14.8ppg and 6.4 rebs in 30 MPG

I hardly call that Mayo being way better than Beasley. And who deems a player bust after two seasons? Fail.:facepalm:

Grifftiggs
04-25-2010, 07:43 PM
Use him in a sign and trade for Amare or Bosh. This way they still get something in return for their guys leaving.

fadedmario
04-25-2010, 07:45 PM
Mayo: 17.5ppg and 3 assists in 38 MPG
Beasley: 14.8ppg and 6.4 rebs in 30 MPG

I hardly call that Mayo being way better than Beasley. And who deems a player bust after two seasons? Fail.:facepalm:

Beasley was supposed to be a stud. He's a lazy pothead who takes terrible shots and is afraid to take it hard to the basket - bust!

KnicksorBust
04-25-2010, 07:46 PM
Beasley for Darren Collison is VERY interesting to me. Save a few bucks. Get a great young PG. Then go shopping for a big man. Besides if anyone could get the most out of Beasley, it'd be someone like Chris Paul.

VCaintdead17
04-25-2010, 07:53 PM
Beasley for Darren Collison is VERY interesting to me. Save a few bucks. Get a great young PG. Then go shopping for a big man. Besides if anyone could get the most out of Beasley, it'd be someone like Chris Paul.

I agree. I think there is a really good chance it would go down if the Heat took back Posey as well.

Hawkeye15
04-25-2010, 09:22 PM

If Mayo doesn't improve next season, he done hit a trend. He showed zero imporvement his second season, and projects as a shooter only, ala, Michael Redd. I think Beasley could be way better, but he needs some work. And how would Mayo be better for the Heat? He plays the same position as Wade

zambo4president
04-25-2010, 09:23 PM
I was always way against Beasley. Rose was the right choice :up:

Lindystud36
04-26-2010, 12:07 AM
Mayo and Wade would play on the floor at the same time. There were reports a while back that this is what Riley wanted, a dynamic back court but his advisers were against it so he took Beasley.

Just from what i read, no opinion here, other than the fact that wade is a superstar and he could probably get it to work out well.

sventhedog
04-26-2010, 08:04 AM
trade him to the warrios. he'll enjoy there. the team's allergic to defense anyway.

bbcmillionaire
04-26-2010, 09:02 AM
ha who mentioned patrick beverley? i remember going basket for basket against him in high school, but he would just dunk the ball knowing i couldn't, haha yea heat, he has talent, a little raw but talented

NY Till I Die
04-26-2010, 10:27 AM
I was a huge Beasley fan coming out of college. But he hasnt lived up to his potential and its quite disturbing.

Yes after two years of pro ball it is early to call him a bust, but call it like you see it and he is a bust. He was suppose to come into the league and put up big numbers. He looks like the 2010 version of Sam Perkins, but Perkins at the end of his career.

He has loads of potetntial, but right now he is either going to be a legitimate player in the league or the next Yinka Dare.

spoonhoops
04-26-2010, 10:31 AM
Beasley is a great player, but until he gets into that perfect situation (whatever it may be), and gets into his zone, he is a bust in my eyes.

Salvy123
04-26-2010, 10:32 AM
Send him to Washington!!

Iodine
04-26-2010, 10:39 AM
Send him to Washington!!

Yeah thats all Blatche needs, a smoking buddy

mrker
04-26-2010, 10:50 AM
beasley to utah this summer in a carlos bozzer sigh and trade seems likely if bosh doesn`t go to miami with beasley as the big pieces going to toronto

Iodine
04-26-2010, 11:01 AM
If thats the best S&T offer Utah could get for boozer, its a saaaaad time

Lo Porto
04-26-2010, 11:24 AM
He'd fit in nicely with D'Antoni and the Knicks. The Knicks could trade them Douglas, their 2nd and cash for Beasley.

Stunner
04-26-2010, 11:25 AM
ha who mentioned patrick beverley? i remember going basket for basket against him in high school, but he would just dunk the ball knowing i couldn't, haha yea heat, he has talent, a little raw but talented

Yeah dat was me u knw Pat B got that piff bro! lol

nycsports2
04-26-2010, 11:41 AM
theu should hes a bust i knew it all along lol small guy who played big in college doesnt translate. hes not bangin on people like little boys in the league

SluggeR
04-26-2010, 11:47 AM
Beasley was supposed to be a stud. He's a lazy pothead who takes terrible shots and is afraid to take it hard to the basket - bust!

Until he proves different, that pretty much sums it up. Until he gets some power, D, rebounding, and fire incorporated in his game; he's nothing more than Tim Thomas(minus the 3). When your the second pick, that aint good.

SluggeR
04-26-2010, 11:56 AM
He'd fit in nicely with D'Antoni and the Knicks. The Knicks could trade them Douglas, their 2nd and cash for Beasley.

I would do that yesterday, but I don't see the knicks exploring that option untill all else fails.

b_rad23
04-26-2010, 03:05 PM
If thats the best S&T offer Utah could get for boozer, its a saaaaad time

is this a joke? the Heat would never move Beasley for Boozer...

you all are ignorant to say the very least.

Iodine
04-26-2010, 04:09 PM
is this a joke? the Heat would never move Beasley for Boozer...

you all are ignorant to say the very least.

Right because beasleys potential is what makes him such a great player right?

I mean every team needs a jump shooting, inefficient, poor defender, as a PF

oh and just for ****'s and giggles

Boozer in his 2nd year:16/11/2 on 52%

I mean in terms of career arc beasley is clearly destroying booz, I mean Jerry Sloan would sooo love that S&T

jimbobjarree
04-26-2010, 04:12 PM
haha Beasley for Boozer :laugh2:

you guys laughed that offer off in the summer, but whose laughing now. Bustley sucks

Robbw241
04-26-2010, 04:12 PM
^^^ Yah but he has a potential rating of a 90. Dont you play 2k duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

kingkenny01
04-26-2010, 04:22 PM
i think he is perfect for the bucks
the coaching is tough enough to put him in line there is nothing to do there
michael redd(Capp relief) for michael beasley
put in any filler

drama1386
04-26-2010, 04:25 PM
i think he is perfect for the bucks
the coaching is tough enough to put him in line there is nothing to do there
michael redd(Capp relief) for michael beasley
put in any filler

i'd like to beasley on the bucks. skiles would whip his lazy ***** into shape real quick! but the heat won't take on redd's contract cuz it doesn't expire until 2011.

*-THE REAL GM-*
04-26-2010, 05:51 PM
THey need to trade him for terrence willams .. THat guy is a freak and people are really sleeping on his skills.

Hawkeye15
04-26-2010, 05:53 PM
THey need to trade him for terrence willams .. THat guy is a freak and people are really sleeping on his skills.

which is what I mentioned a few pages ago when the Beasley for Harris thing came up. Why would they move Harris for Beasley, when it appears TW may have woken up? I wouldn't do that trade if I am the Nets.

h2r09
04-26-2010, 05:59 PM
I think we all have to realize this is a 21 year old kid so to compare him to guys like Boozer in his 2nd year is absolutely stupid.

Simply put, when Beasley is aggressive and plays with the intensity he did yesterday, he is a future all star. When he hangs in the corner and plays the give me the ball and let me take my jumper instead of taking it to the hole he is not great.

Also, he is not a lost case on defense. Being at the game yesterday, he was very solid on KG. He will continue to get better, and if he does learn a way to play with the fire he played with yesterday all the time, he will be a great player for years to come.

Hawkeye15
04-26-2010, 06:01 PM
I think we all have to realize this is a 21 year old kid so to compare him to guys like Boozer in his 2nd year is absolutely stupid.

Simply put, when Beasley is aggressive and plays with the intensity he did yesterday, he is a future all star. When he hangs in the corner and plays the give me the ball and let me take my jumper instead of taking it to the hole he is not great.

Also, he is not a lost case on defense. Being at the game yesterday, he was very solid on KG. He will continue to get better, and if he does learn a way to play with the fire he played with yesterday all the time, he will be a great player for years to come.

I dont care if he was 18. #2 picks are supposed to contribute right away.

Cracka2HI!
04-26-2010, 06:03 PM
If they want cap space it would seem more likely that they would trade him for a future pick.

Master Mind
04-26-2010, 06:04 PM
Beasley will get there, don't count him out just yet....

h2r09
04-26-2010, 06:09 PM

and he has contributed. Sorry he hasn't come in to the lague and immediately put up 25 and 12, but he is still a very solid player for the heat, just not what we expected right away.

he still has put up solid numbers, and will get much better as he learns to play more aggressively and gets better on defense.

Edit- that and he has yet to play with a good pg, which is what a player like him needs.

Kakaroach
04-26-2010, 06:12 PM
They wouldn't get good value for him at all, better to just keep him and hope he pans out.

h2r09
04-26-2010, 06:13 PM
They wouldn't get good value for him at all, better to just keep him and hope he pans out.

If they can get a good, young starting pg I would have to think very hard about it, especially if they get Amare and Bosh.

Hawkeye15
04-26-2010, 06:19 PM
and he has contributed. Sorry he hasn't come in to the lague and immediately put up 25 and 12, but he is still a very solid player for the heat, just not what we expected right away.

he still has put up solid numbers, and will get much better as he learns to play more aggressively and gets better on defense.

Edit- that and he has yet to play with a good pg, which is what a player like him needs.

But he hasn't been solid, and the majority of the players taken in the top 10 have been better. He shoots 70% of his attmepts from outside, and hits only 39% of those. His rebounding has not translated into the NBA. For a team that has a player like Wade, commanding all that attention, it should actually be easier for Beasley to be a more efficient player. Why does he never go to the basket? Why does he only defend 1/4 games?
Its not about 14/7 or whatever. Its how you are getting those numbers. He has a below average PER for an NBA player, is a poof defender most of the time, and there are streaks of games in which you dont even recognize he is in the game if it werent for his hair.
And the point stands-- Unless you draft a 7 footer who is deemed a project, a #2 pick is expected to produce and do it well.

Hawkeye15
04-26-2010, 06:22 PM
Simply put, if you called up Chicago, OKC, Minnesota, NJ, Memphis, or NY, they wouldn't give you their 2008 draftee for Beasley. Not a chance

h2r09
04-26-2010, 06:25 PM
But he hasn't been solid, and the majority of the players taken in the top 10 have been better. He shoots 70% of his attmepts from outside, and hits only 39% of those. His rebounding has not translated into the NBA. For a team that has a player like Wade, commanding all that attention, it should actually be easier for Beasley to be a more efficient player. Why does he never go to the basket? Why does he only defend 1/4 games?
Its not about 14/7 or whatever. Its how you are getting those numbers. He has a below average PER for an NBA player, is a poof defender most of the time, and there are streaks of games in which you dont even recognize he is in the game if it werent for his hair.
And the point stands-- Unless you draft a 7 footer who is deemed a project, a #2 pick is expected to produce and do it well.

He has been solid for a 21 year old. Like I said, when he is being aggresiive and plays with intensity like he did yesterday, he is a great player. He will learn to do that in time and looked like he finally got that message yesterday. He is such a ridiculous talent offensively that this will eventually come every game, especially when he gets someone who is not a terrible pg.

He is an improving defender and when he goes to the boards he is a beast.

Honestly, for him its all about playing like he can. WE all know he has the talent, but for some reason he just doesnt always play with extreme aggressiveness and intensity. When he does, which won't be too soon, he will be an offensive talent that will be almost impossible to stop for years to come.

REMEMBER: He is still only 21. Not all players will come into the league right away and dominate.

b_rad23
04-26-2010, 06:26 PM

FYI: 15 PER= average...

h2r09
04-26-2010, 06:27 PM
Simply put, if you called up Chicago, OKC, Minnesota, NJ, Memphis, or NY, they wouldn't give you their 2008 draftee for Beasley. Not a chance

If Memphis wouldn't they are ********, and same with NY and Minnesota. Gallinari is nothing too special.

Also, this argument doesn't really mean much, because Beasley can still be one of the top players in this draft class still.

b_rad23
04-26-2010, 06:27 PM

OK and if Minnesota, Memphis or NY called Miami up, Miami wouldn't give up their 2008 draftee for the others...It's a two way street.

Hawkeye15
04-26-2010, 06:29 PM
He has been solid for a 21 year old. Like I said, when he is being aggresiive and plays with intensity like he did yesterday, he is a great player. He will learn to do that in time and looked like he finally got that message yesterday. He is such a ridiculous talent offensively that this will eventually come every game, especially when he gets someone who is not a terrible pg.

He is an improving defender and when he goes to the boards he is a beast.

Honestly, for him its all about playing like he can. WE all know he has the talent, but for some reason he just doesnt always play with extreme aggressiveness and intensity. When he does, which won't be too soon, he will be an offensive talent that will be almost impossible to stop for years to come.

REMEMBER: He is still only 21. Not all players will come into the league right away and dominate.

your basing Beasley off what he does randomly. I am taking the whole body of work, on and off the court. Look, I like the kid. I hope he figures it out. But the fact is, he has underachieved badly for what was expected of him, he is barely an average starter in the NBA, and all indications point to him being a player who will struggle with confidence and be a role player. I really do hope I am wrong. But I am not letting one game here or there offset the total mediocracy that his career has been. And potential is a great word. Its also a dangerous word, because many times its never fulfilled. I will take a player like Gallo over him all day if I simply want a shooter who actually plays hard.
Rose, Love, Westbrook, Durant, Lopez, these are all 21 year old men. Age is not an excuse

h2r09
04-26-2010, 06:37 PM
your basing Beasley off what he does randomly. I am taking the whole body of work, on and off the court. Look, I like the kid. I hope he figures it out. But the fact is, he has underachieved badly for what was expected of him, he is barely an average starter in the NBA, and all indications point to him being a player who will struggle with confidence and be a role player. I really do hope I am wrong. But I am not letting one game here or there offset the total mediocracy that his career has been. And potential is a great word. Its also a dangerous word, because many times its never fulfilled. I will take a player like Gallo over him all day if I simply want a shooter who actually plays hard.
Rose, Love, Westbrook, Durant, Lopez, these are all 21 year old men. Age is not an excuse

Then you had way to high of expectations for him. Since when does not immediately realizing ridiculous expectations in 2 years mean he is a bust?

All indications point to him being a role layer and struggling with confidence? Where'd you get that garbage from?
If you watch him night in and night out, you can tell this is a beast in the making, its just that he has to learn to play with intensity and aggressivenes every night. And with a guy like Zo being his mentor, he absolutely will start to.

Keep debating this all you want, but he will one day get in the right situation and play well night in and night out and will average20 and 10 eventually.

Hawkeye15
04-26-2010, 07:52 PM
FYI: 15 PER= average...

I am aware of that. And Beasley has actually regressed since his rookie year. The PER is for all players. Even the 12th men. An average starter should be better than 16.4 if he is going to be productive with his skillset.

Hawkeye15
04-26-2010, 07:53 PM
Then you had way to high of expectations for him. Since when does not immediately realizing ridiculous expectations in 2 years mean he is a bust?

All indications point to him being a role layer and struggling with confidence? Where'd you get that garbage from?
If you watch him night in and night out, you can tell this is a beast in the making, its just that he has to learn to play with intensity and aggressivenes every night. And with a guy like Zo being his mentor, he absolutely will start to.

Keep debating this all you want, but he will one day get in the right situation and play well night in and night out and will average20 and 10 eventually.

there is no debate. He has underachieved to date for being the #2 pick, coming off the most impressive statistical freshman year in history. Beasley has not lived up to being the #2 pick. Period.
And he can get 20-10, but if he does it by hurting his team, and not doing it efficiently, than he joins a big group of overrated players

Hawkeye15
04-26-2010, 07:55 PM
This is ridiculous. I am having to crap on a player I loved in college, and want to do well in Beasley. But the only thing any supporter can bring is the word potential, because so far, he has had nothing but an up and down career, showing confidence problems, and actually regressing in basically every way possible except on defense in his second year.
I love the kid. I hope he does well. But he is not playing like he was expected to play coming out of college. Fact. He is not on the top 5 sophomore team, and would barely make the 2nd team.

FinsFoLife
04-26-2010, 08:11 PM
Beasley turned 21 in January. Give the kid a break.

Lord Leoshes
04-26-2010, 09:23 PM

WOW. :facepalm:

Lord Leoshes
04-26-2010, 09:35 PM
The Heat can't just dump the 2nd overall pick this soon. It sounds like the Heat want to clear his 5 million salary all together. It sounds like Heat will offer a 1st Round Pick to a team who his willing to take on Beasley and Cook.

If the heat weren't willing to package Beasley in a trade for Amare in FEB, why would they just dump him now?

Beasley will only be traded in a package for a star player. Maybe in a sign & trade for Bosh/Amare but only if Pat has another free agent he want to sign using that cap. If not then he will keep him of the bench or again package him for that 3rd star player to compliment the Wade, Bosh/Amare combo.

SeoulBeatz
04-26-2010, 09:59 PM

good post.

yeah I actually said the Bulls should draft Beasley over Rose but boy was I wrong, good thing I'm no GM. I thought Beasley would at least be a solid rebounder and hustle player, but he's the exact opposite of a hustle player.

during the games it looks like he could give less a **** and his offensive game is surprisingly limited for a guy being touted as "dynamic" coming out of college.

My Sixers are a sorry team but i honestly wouldnt take him over Marreese Speights right now and that's saying something.

Lord Leoshes
04-26-2010, 10:00 PM
Yeah thats all Blatche needs, a smoking buddy

doesn't he already have J Howard?

Lord Leoshes
04-26-2010, 10:30 PM

Tell that to players like Hasheem Thabeet, James Harden, Mike Conley, Yi Jianlian, Corey Brewer, Brandan Wright, Andrea Bargnani, Adam Morrison, Tyrus Thomas, Shelden Williams, Randy Foye, Marvin Williams, Raymond Felton, & Martell Webster, all top 6/7 picks, & all haven't proved much more then what Beasley has proved in his 2nd year in the league.

Lord Leoshes
04-26-2010, 10:35 PM
my bad.

Draco
04-26-2010, 10:53 PM
If the heat weren't willing to package Beasley in a trade for Amare in FEB, why would they just dump him now?

Beasley will only be traded in a package for a star player. Maybe in a sign & trade for Bosh/Amare but only if Pat has another free agent he want to sign using that cap. If not then he will keep him of the bench or again package him for that 3rd star player to compliment the Wade, Bosh/Amare combo.

There are conflicting reports on that.. other reports suggest the Suns weren't willing to trade Amare for Beasley which I think is much more plausible.

In any event.. no team is going to trade a star for a project and I don't see any team wanting Beasley unless they're playing a D Leaguer at their PF position.

Hawkeye15
04-26-2010, 10:55 PM
Tell that to players like Hasheem Thabeet, James Harden, Mike Conley, Yi Jianlian, Corey Brewer, Brandan Wright, Andrea Bargnani, Adam Morrison, Tyrus Thomas, Shelden Williams, Randy Foye, Marvin Williams, Raymond Felton, & Martell Webster, all top 6/7 picks, & all haven't proved much more then what Beasley has proved in his 2nd year in the league.

Thabeet was a #2 pick off size and potential. The others were not considered sure prospects. So not really sure what your point is.

heatking
04-26-2010, 11:24 PM
Thabeet was a #2 pick off size and potential. The others were not considered sure prospects. So not really sure what your point is.

Wow, this guy is really on Beasleys toes. You wont leave the guy alone. Its almost like you have to bring another guy down so Love can get some shine.

Jonathan2323
04-26-2010, 11:32 PM
There are conflicting reports on that.. other reports suggest the Suns weren't willing to trade Amare for Beasley which I think is much more plausible.

In any event.. no team is going to trade a star for a project and I don't see any team wanting Beasley unless they're playing a D Leaguer at their PF position.

Riley didn't want to deal Beasley.

We all kknow you are Beasley's #1 hater. Im not sure why,

I hope we don't trade Beasley. Unless we get great value.

Draco
04-26-2010, 11:36 PM
Riley didn't want to draft Beasley.

Fixed it for you.

*-THE REAL GM-*
04-27-2010, 01:27 AM
yo!!! you cant compare a pg and pf that came out in the same year to each other, progress wise..

EVeryone should remember that it takes at least 3 full nba years to know what you have in a big (PF,C) a now a days it is also dependent on the assistant coaching staff in charge of developement (see bymun). Guards develope quicker, by the end of year two you know exactly what you have in a guard.

If Miami trades this guy they will regret it, he is cheap right now and he is a match up nightmare when he is under control, as he matures he will be the same guy he was in college.

Im in chitown and I dont see any 4s and 5s in the college game that can score like this guy can.. I would trade a draft pick for him in a minute.. you guys will see next year..

Iodine
04-27-2010, 08:37 AM
PG is usually considered to be much harder to translate from college to NBA because of the differences of how the court, so your point is kinda mute

also lol @ heatking

alencp3
04-27-2010, 09:22 AM
Collison for Beasley?

*-THE REAL GM-*
04-27-2010, 05:35 PM
PG is usually considered to be much harder to translate from college to NBA because of the differences of how the court, so your point is kinda mute

also lol @ heatking

LOL..you must not really watch college and nba gms...REal Point gaurds (not college 2s playing the one) are not harder to translate.. lol what have you been watching..thats insane..

-the game is less physical for PGs than Bigs in the transition
-THe game is faster for both of course
-the court shrinks more for bigs as they have much less room and time to make descisions
-If a pg has great pg speed and vision in college he will more than likely have
the ability utilize those assests immediately in the pros

-Colleges nowadays neglect to teach BIGS enough post moves to be effective at the next level

-Colleges utilize some form of pick and roll, and weaves, which the NBA game (outside the Triangle ) is based upon and pgs are almost always involed on every play.

Im not going to spell check, because you dont deserve it,
your point is not only mute, it lacks resonable logic and shows how much you really know about the game..

Many great coaches and GMS have said repeatedly that it takes BIGS longer to develope (google it!!)..If you follow college players to the nba you would see this for yourself..this is nothing new..

I does seem your too new to the NBA and basketball to actually comment on this.. I would refrain..

Hawkeye15
04-27-2010, 05:42 PM
Wow, this guy is really on Beasleys toes. You wont leave the guy alone. Its almost like you have to bring another guy down so Love can get some shine.

not at all. Here is where it gets messy. I love Beasley. My sister went to school with him at KSU, I watched him play, met him, huge fan. But he has underachieved horribly. There is no debating that. You can blame it on whatever you like. He doesn't play hard. The other draftees around him at the same age are playing hard and thriving. He is wasting his talent. Do I hope he figures it out? For sure. But the kid is a waste so far. Miami would be far better off with 5-6 other guys from that top 10 right now, and that is a fact.

Hawkeye15
04-27-2010, 05:43 PM
PSD and its fans, really take it to heart when you criticize one of their players. If Beas were performing like this on another team, you would be saying the same things I am saying. Be rational. If you had Rose, Westbrook, Love, Lopez, Gallo, or Mayo, the Heat would be better right now. Maybe not next year, but right now you would be. I am still hoping it clicks. But I don't see him being the force that was expected of him unless he has a total attitude change, and then follows that big change with his actual game. Stop shooting so many fkin 18 footers Michael. You are not good at them.

marlinsfan24
04-27-2010, 05:48 PM
PSD and its fans, really take it to heart when you criticize one of their players. If Beas were performing like this on another team, you would be saying the same things I am saying. Be rational. If you had Rose, Westbrook, Love, Lopez, Gallo, or Mayo, the Heat would be better right now. Maybe not next year, but right now you would be. I am still hoping it clicks. But I don't see him being the force that was expected of him unless he has a total attitude change, and then follows that big change with his actual game. Stop shooting so many fkin 18 footers Michael. You are not good at them.

I don't get how you can say that? None of these players play for the Heat, you don't know what Beasley would be doing if he were the number 1 option or was utilized correctly by the coaching staff. Same as you don't know if Mayo would pan out, which than people would say Riley failed for passing the on the obvious #2 pick

Only 2 players I'd rather have than Beasley from that draft are Rose and Lopez.

Hawkeye15
04-27-2010, 06:04 PM
I don't get how you can say that? None of these players play for the Heat, you don't know what Beasley would be doing if he were the number 1 option or was utilized correctly by the coaching staff. Same as you don't know if Mayo would pan out, which than people would say Riley failed for passing the on the obvious #2 pick

Only 2 players I'd rather have than Beasley from that draft are Rose and Lopez.

The fact that Beasley is so inefficient while having a complete attention whore in Wade next to him is staggering. If he were put in a position where he was asked to do more, ie, be the #1 option, his numbers would look horrendous.
If you want a shooter who actually hits, Gallo. If you want a player who will give you more opportunities and get his numbers without having a play called, Love. Westbrook? haha. Dude is raping the Lakers, and in discussion as a top 5 PG. Mayo doesn't make as much sense, since he is a SG, but at least he hits outside efficiently.
Point is, its easier to be statistically efficient when the attention is off of you. So putting Beasley in a scenario where he is the main man, is only going to hurt him further right now.

Lord Leoshes
04-27-2010, 07:00 PM

Mickey Arison, & pat Riley said that Beasley was never on the trade block. So i'll believe the Heat owner, & GM, over a random reporter looking for something newsworthy.

& you make it seem like Beasley was a piece of crap. When Beasley is a 21 year old kid, who is the 3rd option (not 2nd like people like to think, cause that honor go's to OJ), & is at 16, 7, & is only going to get better.

Lord Leoshes
04-27-2010, 07:04 PM

Is it really that hard to figure out? :bs:

That all were top lotto picks, who were no better then Beasley in their 2nd year, + most were older. :down:

Hawkeye15
04-27-2010, 07:07 PM
Is it really that hard to figure out? :bs:

That all were top lotto picks, who were no better then Beasley in their 2nd year, + most were older. :down:

the 2008 draft had 2 "sure" prospects. To date, one of those is an average NBA player. Guess which one?
You listed a ton of lotto picks who are not that good. With the exception of Thabeet who was taken as a huge project, every player you listed was a player who was not expected to be a star. Beasley was. Big difference. Put all the pretty signs up you like. It doesnt matter.

Lord Leoshes
04-27-2010, 07:13 PM
The fact that Beasley is so inefficient while having a complete attention whore in Wade next to him is staggering. If he were put in a position where he was asked to do more, ie, be the #1 option, his numbers would look horrendous.
If you want a shooter who actually hits, Gallo. If you want a player who will give you more opportunities and get his numbers without having a play called, Love. Westbrook? haha. Dude is raping the Lakers, and in discussion as a top 5 PG. Mayo doesn't make as much sense, since he is a SG, but at least he hits outside efficiently.
Point is, its easier to be statistically efficient when the attention is off of you. So putting Beasley in a scenario where he is the main man, is only going to hurt him further right now.

HELLO!

Again 21 year old, 2nd year player who is the 3rd option on a playoff veteran team with a co-captain who happens to lay the same position, that the coaches, & Wade love.:rolleyes:

But sure lets crusify his @$$, cause he has not lived up to your expectations.:facepalm:

I pray you are more lenient, & open minded with your kids when you have them.:pray:

Lord Leoshes
04-27-2010, 07:22 PM
the 2008 draft had 2 "sure" prospects. To date, one of those is an average NBA player. Guess which one?
You listed a ton of lotto picks who are not that good. With the exception of Thabeet who was taken as a huge project, every player you listed was a player who was not expected to be a star. Beasley was. Big difference. Put all the pretty signs up you like. It doesnt matter.

They were all high picks, who were supposed to be stars, just like Beasley & never were. At least Beasley is only 21, & still has allot of time to keep improving.
I dont know what you were expecting from him, but it was obviously way too much. lets give Beasley till his 4th year, & him at least be 23 years old before judging him.

Hawkeye15
04-27-2010, 07:25 PM
HELLO!

Again 21 year old, 2nd year player who is the 3rd option on a playoff veteran team with a co-captain who happens to lay the same position, that the coaches, & Wade love.:rolleyes:

But sure lets crusify his @$$, cause he has not lived up to your expectations.:facepalm:

I pray you are more lenient, & open minded with your kids when you have them.:pray:

and the point remains, he was a sure fire talent coming out of school who was supposed to dominate right away. He plays for the most offensive starved team in the playoffs, and yet still is totally inefficient. Age is a crutch, and excuse. Rose, Westbrook, Love, Lopez, Gallo, all the same age. All play hard, and are better
And pardon me for expecting a #2 player who was a 26/12 player as a freshmen to be a good player right away. Fact is, if you called up any of the teams of the players I listed above, and offered Beasley for them, they would hang up on you.

Hawkeye15
04-27-2010, 07:27 PM
I dont get you Heat fans. I use stats, and you bring up age and role, none of which means ****. I use reason, and you throw it back again. Facts are fact. Beasley is a huge underachiever to date. That is not debateable.

D1JM
04-27-2010, 07:35 PM
i still think that the biggest reason why Beasley hasnt developed is because of wade. Wade dont have patience at all. Didnt you guys see him in the last game when he went under the basket and when he couldnt bank it, he threw it to beasley and beasley lost the ball, wade got all ****en pissed even doing some faces and looking at the coach. I understand that beasley has to be waiting for the ball, but why should he when wade hogs it. Wade should be motivating him instead of bringing down the kid. I am 110% confident that if Rose would of gone to the heat, Rose wouldnt of been the player he is right now because of wade.

Hawkeye15
04-27-2010, 07:40 PM
it is a total myth that playing alongside a player with Wade's usage hurts your efficiency. Its actually the opposite.
Rose would have flourished next to Wade. As would have Love, Westbrook, or Lopez.

Raoul Duke_91
04-27-2010, 07:43 PM
LMAO!!!
I love it. Beasley isn't good! Do all you heat fans get it now????
When a team 2 years after picking a player number 2 overall wants to trade said pick.....its cuz thier bad!!! You guys got unlucky, busts happen every year. This wouldent be so funny to me, except after all the defending you did of him, and the bashing of rose I love it. Sorry guys, you got a lemon **** happens, move on ya'll still got DWADE, and I hope you keep him.

marlinsfan24
04-27-2010, 07:44 PM
How about the fact the the Heat don't utilize him correctly? Good job completely ignoring that and giving me BS facts.

D1JM
04-27-2010, 07:44 PM
it is a total myth that playing alongside a player with Wade's usage hurts your efficiency. Its actually the opposite.
Rose would have flourished next to Wade. As would have Love, Westbrook, or Lopez.

thats your opinion. How I c it is that if the team leader bashes out on someone in National Tv and calls him out, he isnt really a leader. How does it help the player or the team, when the team Captain calls you out? I havent seen hinrich call out DRose on his Defense by using the Media

D1JM
04-27-2010, 07:47 PM
How about the fact the the Heat don't utilize him correctly? Good job completely ignoring that and giving me BS facts.

that aint hawk's fault. You guys bash out rose because you compare him to other players stats, so why does it change when comparing beasley.

marlinsfan24
04-27-2010, 07:49 PM
that aint hawk's fault. You guys bash out rose because you compare him to other players stats, so why does it change when comparing beasley.

I never bash Rose. I respect him very much. He can't blame Beasley for his stats if he isn't given a fair opportunity.

h2r09
04-27-2010, 08:28 PM
I never bash Rose. I respect him very much. He can't blame Beasley for his stats if he isn't given a fair opportunity.
God forbid Michael actually do something to earn it rather than just being handed minutes. He is the most bipolar player i've ever seen. I've gone on the record after last game saying that he looked great and that he was aggressive and played with fire. Now once again tonight he comes out hanging on the perimeter and playing with 0 intensity. If he plays like he did on Sunday he will be playing a chunk of minutes, but because for some reason he cannot realize that he needs to be aggresive, he is benched and it is absolutely the right thing to do.

BTW, can he really be as stupid as he looks/plays?

relaxandstrive
04-27-2010, 08:33 PM
Probably a good idea, he's not had a good series at all.

Silent
04-27-2010, 09:33 PM
I think Beasley will be a good 20 and 10 player.

But will not reach his maximum potential. Some had him compared to Melo.

Where they high or dreaming?

Hawkeye15
04-27-2010, 09:38 PM
thats your opinion. How I c it is that if the team leader bashes out on someone in National Tv and calls him out, he isnt really a leader. How does it help the player or the team, when the team Captain calls you out? I havent seen hinrich call out DRose on his Defense by using the Media

no, producing efficiently as a 2-3 option is what a good player should do. Its a myth that having a player like LeBron, Wade, Bosh, or Kobe for instance hurts your efficiency.

Hawkeye15
04-27-2010, 09:40 PM
God forbid Michael actually do something to earn it rather than just being handed minutes. He is the most bipolar player i've ever seen. I've gone on the record after last game saying that he looked great and that he was aggressive and played with fire. Now once again tonight he comes out hanging on the perimeter and playing with 0 intensity. If he plays like he did on Sunday he will be playing a chunk of minutes, but because for some reason he cannot realize that he needs to be aggresive, he is benched and it is absolutely the right thing to do.

BTW, can he really be as stupid as he looks/plays?

its interesting how a Heat fan fighting me the other day over how good Beasley is/will be, turns like this. I have made my point. WHen he is traded, Heat fans won't be in here fast enough to bash him.

Hawkeye15
04-27-2010, 09:41 PM

this makes no sense. Beasley has been given constant opportunity to assert himself in the Miami offense. But he continues to chuck jumpers at a low percentage rate.

BallinGid3
04-27-2010, 09:52 PM
Listen Beasley is a bust maybe not overral but for us yes. So lets just trade him admit our mistake and move on

LayZbone
04-27-2010, 10:01 PM
the decision to trade him may have less to do with him being a disappointment, and more to do with clearing cap space for more than 2 stars to go with Wade. Not to mention the redundancy at the PF position, as most of our big targets are PFs (Amare, Bosh, Boozer).

Either way, I think it's likely he'll be moved.

h2r09
04-27-2010, 10:07 PM
its interesting how a Heat fan fighting me the other day over how good Beasley is/will be, turns like this. I have made my point. WHen he is traded, Heat fans won't be in here fast enough to bash him.

I still think he wil be a very solid player, but the kid just doesnt get it yet. He does not realize that he must be intense and aggressive every game. The fact that this team has no pg is also a killer, but the only way we acquire one is getting one for him.

OVerall, this kid is a special talent offensively, but it just wont be here where he puts it all together. I could see him being dealt for Collison which would be a great deal for both players, could you imagine this kid with CP3?

Cracka2HI!
04-27-2010, 10:17 PM
I wonder if he would be a good fit for my Clipps. The 8th pick in the draft seems like a fair price for him. I wonder if he can play SF? He and Blake Griffin could be a dynamic frontcourt!

h2r09
04-27-2010, 10:29 PM
You have no one that would interest the heat except kaman but he is to highly paid

Cracka2HI!
04-27-2010, 10:36 PM
^ OK that settles it then. Sounds like they would dump him for a future pick to me.

h2r09
04-27-2010, 10:48 PM
^ OK that settles it then. Sounds like they would dump him for a future pick to me.

since when does not wanting to trade him for a guy who is being paid 10 mil turn into trading him for nothing? there are players in this league that are making 5 mil or less you know.

Hawkeye15
04-27-2010, 10:52 PM
the decision to trade him may have less to do with him being a disappointment, and more to do with clearing cap space for more than 2 stars to go with Wade. Not to mention the redundancy at the PF position, as most of our big targets are PFs (Amare, Bosh, Boozer).

Either way, I think it's likely he'll be moved.

agree with you

shizzle09
04-27-2010, 11:01 PM
You have no one that would interest the heat except kaman but he is to highly paid

he said the 8th pick in the draft for him.

b_rad23
04-27-2010, 11:08 PM
this makes no sense. Beasley has been given constant opportunity to assert himself in the Miami offense. But he continues to chuck jumpers at a low percentage rate.

LOL at you arguing this to Miami fans who watch him every day.

He hasn't and stop asking like you know. You've seen 5-10 games this year of Heat basketball MAX. I saw 87. I'll tell you right now he's not put in a position to succeed.

Like you say he shoots to many jumpers, that's where he is put in the offensive plays and sets. They have him running pick and flairs 60% of the time....Spo doesn't know how to maximize an offense. He is so used to role player Udonis at the PF position that he doesn't run any plays for Beasley in the mid post where he is dominant.

marlinsfan24
04-27-2010, 11:18 PM
LOL at you arguing this to Miami fans who watch him every day.

He hasn't and stop asking like you know. You've seen 5-10 games this year of Heat basketball MAX. I saw 87. I'll tell you right now he's not put in a position to succeed.

Like you say he shoots to many jumpers, that's where he is put in the offensive plays and sets. They have him running pick and flairs 60% of the time....Spo doesn't know how to maximize an offense. He is so used to role player Udonis at the PF position that he doesn't run any plays for Beasley in the mid post where he is dominant.

:clap::clap:

And to emphasize my point on how young players struggle on the road in the playoffs...tune into the Lakers-Thunder game going on right now.

Raoul Duke_91
04-28-2010, 06:03 AM
Mickey Arison, & pat Riley said that Beasley was never on the trade block. So i'll believe the Heat owner, & GM, over a random reporter looking for something newsworthy.

& you make it seem like Beasley was a piece of crap. When Beasley is a 21 year old kid, who is the 3rd option (not 2nd like people like to think, cause that honor go's to OJ), & is at 16, 7, & is only going to get better.

:facepalm: X2 lol

yea after failing to deal a player, their gonna throw him even more under the bus by publicizing their intentions.....get real man. what else are they possibly going to say? Beat reporters due to being unbiased are the most credible source in these matters.

you cant just believe everything everybody tells you...
keep that in mind big guy ;)

koreancabbage
04-28-2010, 08:02 AM
he's been a bust since day 1. shown glimpses of great play but he's a young player. his curve to stardom has flatlined. I still think he has tons of game left but he has to put it all together.

On the other hand, I think he can definitely be a Lamar Odom type of player without the poor-man's version tag. Which means great starter but even better 6th man.

twoearl
04-28-2010, 11:29 AM
Calm down Miami Heat fans it's ok. I am 500% sure either bosh, amare or boozer will be playing in MIami next year. Dwade is too good and Miami is too nice of a city for it not to end like this. I am predicting Miami will be in the eastern finals next year already!!!!

Tony_Starks
04-28-2010, 12:09 PM
Beasley got benched for the 2nd half of a must win game last night. That tells you the whole story right there. He's gone and if you're a Heat fan you should be thrilled. It'll help you get another Max and get rid of some serious dead weight!

Im not saying he'll be a bust forever but he definitely needs a change of scenery. If that doesn't light the fire nothing will....