PDA

View Full Version : Pierce is still clutch

oldenpolynice
04-24-2010, 01:39 AM
He's always been good at the end of games, but this season he lost a bit of that late-game edge that I'd seen in the past. Tonight's buzzer-beating jumper proves he's still got it when it counts though.

Video: http://blogs.uscannenberg.org/neontommy_sports/2010/04/nba-playoff-watch-pierce-hits.html

marvILLous
04-24-2010, 01:40 AM
just dirty!!

Celtics34Pierce
04-24-2010, 01:53 AM
Noone can stop him. Hes still one of the elite players we have in the NBA today.

xbrackattackx
04-24-2010, 01:56 AM
Wow that post above me smelled a bit trollish.

billy17
04-24-2010, 02:10 AM
Twas a nice, clutch shot

IRUAM #21
04-24-2010, 08:47 AM
Noone can stop him. Hes still one of the elite players we have in the NBA today.

ROFL.

Seriously, amazing shot, props to him.

TheWatcher34
04-24-2010, 09:00 AM
no problem! he would have made that shot sitting in a wheelchair.

IRUAM #21
04-24-2010, 09:02 AM
no problem! he would have made that shot sitting in a wheelchair.

:eyebrow:

PBG
04-24-2010, 09:21 AM
hitting a wide open jumper from your sweet spot isnt exactly clutch....

hugepatsfan
04-24-2010, 10:12 AM
hitting a wide open jumper from your sweet spot isnt exactly clutch....

But every one knew he would go there and they couldn't stop it. I'm not saying he is elite, but he deserves credit for a great/clutch shot last night.

69centers
04-24-2010, 10:36 AM
ESPN said Pierce, Kobe, and one other player (missed it) have the most game winning shots since like 2002, counting regular season and playoffs.

RadiantShot
04-24-2010, 10:38 AM
No shiznit Sherlock

Bring The Heat
04-24-2010, 11:11 AM
That was a nice shot... Wright should've fouled him with a foul to give... Celtics are clearly the better team and I knew this all along... This team healthy is one of the best

GodsSon
04-24-2010, 11:15 AM
So if he misses the next potential game-winning shot, will there be a thread about how he ****ed up? lol

Raph12
04-24-2010, 11:31 AM
Nice shot, but Wright's an idiot, they had a foul to give.

Reversed86Curse
04-24-2010, 11:36 AM
So if he misses the next potential game-winning shot, will there be a thread about how he ****ed up? lol

no, but it wouldn't surprise me is some hater made one though

PBG
04-24-2010, 11:44 AM
But every one knew he would go there and they couldn't stop it. I'm not saying he is elite, but he deserves credit for a great/clutch shot last night.

most definitely deserves credit and it was a great shot given the circumstances, but its a shot that hes made countless times, plus he was POORLY defended which lead to a wide open shot.

miami should have gave the foul when he was dribbling the ball beyond the 3 pt line or at least went at peirce like they were gonna foul then maybe he throws up a wild shot trying to make it a shooting foul.

ManRam
04-24-2010, 11:49 AM
I watched a total of about 15 seconds of basketball last night. Luckily, those 15 seconds, the only 15 seconds I was near a TV, was The Truth's shot. Amazing. I love PP.

Bostondiehard
04-24-2010, 11:58 AM
I watched a total of about 15 seconds of basketball last night. Luckily, those 15 seconds, the only 15 seconds I was near a TV, was The Truth's shot. Amazing. I love PP.
But you're a Magic fan? lol. Yea Pierces' shot was great. Hit that clutch 3 too after his miss. It was great seeing Wade crying on the bench as the Celts celebrated on his home court. Im starting to dislike Wade more and more.. And dont even put him in Lebron or Kobe's league anymore. Hell, even Durant for that matter. Kid is really impressing in this playoffs.

ManRam
04-24-2010, 11:59 AM
But you're a Magic fan? lol. Yea Pierces' shot was great. Hit that clutch 3 too after his miss. It was great seeing Wade crying on the bench as the Celts celebrated on his home court. Im starting to dislike Wade more and more.. And dont even put him in Lebron or Kobe's league anymore. Hell, even Durant for that matter. Kid is really impressing in this playoffs.

Pierce has always been my favorite player. I do not like the Celtics at all really...but I love Pierce. I got his autograph in 1999 when I was in 5th grade. My first ever autograph...my first ever love.

Bostondiehard
04-24-2010, 12:04 PM
Pierce has always been my favorite player. I do not like the Celtics at all really...but I love Pierce. I got his autograph in 1999 when I was in 5th grade. My first ever autograph...my first ever love.
Oh I see. So what will be your feelings when he hits that same shot in Barnes' face in the ECF? :p

ManRam
04-24-2010, 12:05 PM
Oh I see. So what will be your feelings when he hits that same shot in Barnes' face in the ECF? :p

He wont. ;)

So it doesn't matter.

RadiantShot
04-24-2010, 12:11 PM

Kobe's already tried that, and Barnes slapped his face. Haha. ;)

magichatnumber9
04-24-2010, 12:12 PM
hitting a wide open jumper from your sweet spot isnt exactly clutch....Wide open? Did you watch the same replay I watched where he is giving the defender a high five as he releases the ball. Wide open:facepalm:

Avenged
04-24-2010, 12:13 PM

ManRammer didn't catch that, I guess.

:p

Bostondiehard
04-24-2010, 12:13 PM
Haha we'll see ;) Gotta love PP though. Always shows up for the playoffs and shows people that he truly is a superstar. Outplayed Kobe in the Finals, beats Wade in Miami tonight.

smith&wesson
04-24-2010, 12:15 PM
it was a clutch shot. when your shooting for the game and you hit the shot its called being clutch!!

ManRam
04-24-2010, 12:16 PM
ManRammer didn't catch that, I guess.

:p

Haha. No...

I'll continue to pretend like I didn't for now ;)

Bring The Heat
04-24-2010, 12:21 PM

What did Wade do for you to dislike him? Dude actually had a great game and if it wasn't for him the Heat get blown out... Wade doesn't have a great 2nd option to take the scoring load off of him... Beasley has the potential but never shows consistency... Everybody else can't create their own shot or make a play unless Wade feeds them for a wide open shot... If you even watched the game everytime someone tries to drive in other than Wade they got stripped or threw up a wild shot... Especially chalmers dude kept screwing up to the point the mark jackson and jeff van gundy were ranking on him... Wade has no PG, no inside presence, no shooters except Richardson... Pretty much every position... We have haslem but he is just a guy who hustles... Not someone who will give you 20/10 night in night out

Alot of you don't understand the luxury Kobe and Lebron have... If Wade had people to work with we wouldn't be having this conversation... Hopefully that changes this offseason

RadiantShot
04-24-2010, 12:21 PM
Wait. I need to go back and change my post, before I get infracted.

*Superman*
04-24-2010, 12:26 PM
Wait. I need to go back and change my post, before I get infracted.

:pity:

RadiantShot
04-24-2010, 12:27 PM
:pity:

:rolleyes: :violin:

Bostondiehard
04-24-2010, 12:27 PM
What did Wade do for you to dislike him? Dude actually had a great game and if it wasn't for him the Heat get blown out... Wade doesn't have a great 2nd option to take the scoring load off of him... Beasley has the potential but never shows consistency... Everybody else can't create their own shot or make a play unless Wade feeds them for a wide open shot... If you even watched the game everytime someone tries to drive in other than Wade they got stripped or threw up a wild shot... Especially chalmers dude kept screwing up to the point the mark jackson and jeff van gundy were ranking on him... Wade has no PG, no inside presence, no shooters except Richardson... Pretty much every position... We have haslem but he is just a guy who hustles... Not someone who will give you 20/10 night in night out

Alot of you don't understand the luxury Kobe and Lebron have... If Wade had people to work with we wouldn't be having this conversation... Hopefully that changes this offseason
Don't get me wrong, his supporting cast is awful. Absolutely awful. He is a great player, but I thought he was a little more humble and didn't whine and ***** so much as he does. But who can blame him I guess, it's frusturating having such a bad team around him.

69centers
04-24-2010, 01:44 PM
Nice shot, but Wright's an idiot, they had a foul to give.

Not an easy task, as Pierce is a master at drawing contact and throwing it to the basket as he gets hit. They risked sending him to the line if they tried and got him in the act of shooting.

Reversed86Curse
04-25-2010, 09:11 AM
Don't get me wrong, his supporting cast is awful. Absolutely awful. He is a great player, but I thought he was a little more humble and didn't whine and ***** so much as he does. But who can blame him I guess, it's frusturating having such a bad team around him.

I have to say this about Wade: after watching what he's done with the players he has for support, IMO, he's the #1 player in the league. To make the 5th seed with that cast is amazing. To keep his team in the game (minus game 2) by himself, is also amazing. He's not nearly as whiny as the "other" superstars and should get a lot more respect.

magichatnumber9
04-25-2010, 09:58 AM
I have to say this about Wade: after watching what he's done with the players he has for support, IMO, he's the #1 player in the league. To make the 5th seed with that cast is amazing. To keep his team in the game (minus game 2) by himself, is also amazing. He's not nearly as whiny as the "other" superstars and should get a lot more respect.
Good ****ing post man I agree 100%. Wade is warrior

Reversed86Curse
04-25-2010, 02:31 PM
Good ****ing post man I agree 100%. Wade is warrior

Thanks