PDA

View Full Version : Oklahoma City Thunder Could Be Option For Chris Bosh

JordansBulls
04-23-2010, 06:57 PM
Link (http://www.thestar.com/sports/basketball/nba/raptors/chrisbosh/article/799183--with-money-to-spend-knicks-eye-bosh-lebron-and-wade)

CHRIS BOSH

Toronto’s late-season collapse has him asking for help from a franchise that has trouble getting it from anywhere but Europe. Thus, he’s considered the most likely big-ticket free agent to leave.

WHY HE’D COME: The Knicks’ two-max-contract salary-cap room means he could play the sidekick role for which he’s better suited, with a sign-and-trade involving David Lee considered possible.

WHY HE WON’T: He could be Wade’s sidekick just by signing with Miami and there’s even talk that Oklahoma City (close to his Dallas home) will make a run to pair him with Kevin Durant.

Imagine that lineup

Westbrook
Durant
Bosh

NortonMang
04-23-2010, 06:59 PM
The Thunder are a stone lock to sign either Amare on Bosh! Those two guys want to win it all, and the Thunder present a great opportunity for fun in the sun and a title run!

JNA17
04-23-2010, 07:01 PM
Link (http://www.thestar.com/sports/basketball/nba/raptors/chrisbosh/article/799183--with-money-to-spend-knicks-eye-bosh-lebron-and-wade)

Imagine that lineup

Westbrook
Durant
Bosh

that would be a great big 3. and imagine if harden becomes a very solid player.

PG: Russel Westbrook
SG: James Harden
SF: Kevin Durant
PF: Jeff Green
C: Chris Bosh

NortonMang
04-23-2010, 07:02 PM
It's such a young team, they'll be in the finals for a long time.

Raps08-09 Champ
04-23-2010, 07:04 PM
Do they have cap?

If it's a S&T, we going to be getting Green.

GrumpyOldMan
04-23-2010, 07:05 PM
I hadn't heard this possibility until now. I'd hate to see Bosh leave, but it would be fun to see him play with Durant. Not at center though. He'd have to be a 4.

NortonMang
04-23-2010, 07:06 PM
I don't know the cap details, but do know they've got a very low payroll with such a young squad.

JNA17
04-23-2010, 07:07 PM
Do they have cap?

the thunder will have enough for almost 2 max players i believe, not 100% positive though.

Iodine
04-23-2010, 07:08 PM
The Thunder are a stone lock to sign either Amare on Bosh! Those two guys want to win it all, and the Thunder present a great opportunity for fun in the sun and a title run!

http://robdamanii.com/macros/you-have-failed-please-die.thumbnail.png

iggypop123
if he wants the max they can only get him through sign and trade i would imagine. the one problem, when its time to sign all those guys i dont think that owner has it in him to have a 100 million dollar payroll, thats what i would take to have all those players

ChiSox219
Do they have cap?

They should have ~$16 million in cap space

NortonMang
04-23-2010, 07:09 PM

What Jr. High do you attend?

Geargo Wallace
04-23-2010, 07:11 PM
Do they have cap?

... and Harden.

JNA17
04-23-2010, 07:11 PM

"you have failed please die"? Ain't that a little extreme?

Iodine
04-23-2010, 07:12 PM
What Jr. High do you attend?

I think it closed in the 90's

Geargo Wallace
04-23-2010, 07:15 PM
I think it closed in the 90's

the skewl of hard knocks nuckaaa!!!!!!

Iodine
04-23-2010, 07:17 PM
the skewl of hard knocks nuckaaa!!!!!!

*Tha skewl awf hrd knawks

your spelling makes me sad :pity:

D Roses Bulls
They should have ~$16 million in cap space

"The Thunder are in desperate need of a legit starting center. They don't have the money to attract a max-contract type of star (unless Nenad Krstic opts out of his final year, worth $5.8 million), but they certainly have enough to lure in a Drew Gooden or Brendan Haywood."

so no they dont unless krstic opts out

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/378358-25-buring-questions-and-answers-heading-into-summer-free-agency#page/18

Iodine
"you have failed please die"? Ain't that a little extreme?

If only you knew.......

NortonMang
04-23-2010, 07:18 PM
"The Thunder are in desperate need of a legit starting center. They don't have the money to attract a max-contract type of star (unless Nenad Krstic opts out of his final year, worth $5.8 million), but they certainly have enough to lure in a Drew Gooden or Brendan Haywood."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/378358-25-buring-questions-and-answers-heading-into-summer-free-agency#page/18

How can they not have enough money with such a young squad?

jeter 2
04-23-2010, 07:20 PM
They could get a guy like Chris Bosh but I would think would benefit more if they sign David Lee and a center like Tyson Chandler or Brandon Haywood.

NortonMang
04-23-2010, 07:21 PM
With two first round picks, the Thunder will have lots of options.

ChiSox219
04-23-2010, 07:21 PM

Even with Kristic they figure to have about $16 million in cap space though their draft pick will eat into that number.

Max for Bosh is something like $16.7 if I remember correctly

D Roses Bulls
04-23-2010, 07:23 PM
How can they not have enough money with such a young squad?

i dont know..... i thought they did as well till i read this. maybe someone signed an extension or something

HouRealCoach
04-23-2010, 07:30 PM

James Harden is their spark off the bench so its better to have Sefolosha starting and that team would get punished in the paint... They would need someone that will allow Bosh to play PF and maybe GReen could be an extra spark off the bench

Ssshbliblibl00p
04-23-2010, 07:30 PM
Bosh aint goin to OKC. He wont play second fiddle to Durant IMO.

JNA17
04-23-2010, 07:32 PM
James Harden is their spark off the bench so its better to have Sefolosha starting and that team would get punished in the paint... They would need someone that will allow Bosh to play PF and maybe GReen could be an extra spark off the bench

i know right now and in a year sefolosha will start i just mean if harden becomes the very solid player he was projected to be.

And in that case, maybe amare would be better.

ChiSox219
04-23-2010, 07:41 PM
Sergeballu LaMu Sayonga Loom Walahas Jonas Hugo Ibaka is going to be a very good defensive player, I think the Thunder would be fine starting him next to a Chris Bosh or Amare.

Shammyguy3
04-23-2010, 07:50 PM
Sergeballu LaMu Sayonga Loom Walahas Jonas Hugo Ibaka is going to be a very good defensive player, I think the Thunder would be fine starting him next to a Chris Bosh or Amare.

I think you've spelt his name incorrectly :p

ChiSox219
04-23-2010, 07:56 PM
I think you've spelt his name incorrectly :p

The spelling is correct.

Shammyguy3
04-23-2010, 08:04 PM
The spelling is correct.
:confused:
is his name really that long?

ChiSox219
04-23-2010, 08:08 PM
:confused:
is his name really that long?

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/i/ibakase01.html

Shammyguy3
04-23-2010, 08:11 PM
wow...must have a tough time writing a check.

Back on topic,
Bosh is not the Thunder's top priority. They need a Center, badly.
A Brendan Haywood type should be their first priority IMO, but of course if Bosh wants to sign w/ them then you have to get it done.

avrpatsfan
04-23-2010, 08:20 PM
Westbrook
Harden
Durant
Green
Bosh

That would be the best team in the NBA IMO.

Shammyguy3
04-23-2010, 08:24 PM
Westbrook
Harden
Durant
Green
Bosh

IT would get murdered down low by the likes of the Lakers, Magic, and teams w/ any big body 7 footers.

td0tsfinest
04-23-2010, 08:25 PM
If it happens I want something back. Jeff Green would be nice :D

thescore53
04-23-2010, 08:30 PM

stone lock really, :eyebrow:

Shammyguy3
04-23-2010, 08:34 PM
stone lock really, :eyebrow:

yeah, his rhyming w/ the words "sun" and "run" didn't convince me either :yawn:

alencp3
04-24-2010, 01:46 AM

Dinasty!

Avenged
04-24-2010, 01:51 AM
I wouldn't take that Norton character seriously guys.

All his posts make no sense.

NortonMang
04-24-2010, 01:51 AM
yeah, his rhyming w/ the words "sun" and "run" didn't convince me either :yawn:

And I'm not "convinced" you're very observant. You overlooked "fun."

Originally Posted by NortonMang

Avenged
04-24-2010, 01:53 AM
I rest my case.

NortonMang
I wouldn't take that Norton character seriously guys.

All his posts make no sense.

If you don't take them seriously after the Lakers eat it again tomorrow, then, well................it's your problem.

Avenged
i rest my case.

+1

xbrackattackx
04-24-2010, 01:55 AM
+1

exactly.

NortonMang
04-24-2010, 01:56 AM
+1

Perhaps you're a child, still playing children's games. What I'm saying is the Thunder are easy money tomorrow. Pass it up, laugh it off. Like I said, it's your problem.

abe_froman
04-24-2010, 01:56 AM
Westbrook
Harden
Durant
Green
Bosh

no,put bosh at pf.he's bad defensively already and would only get worse at c,it would be worse then what they have now.every center in the league would be scoring big on them

i know,i know "big names"

Avenged
04-24-2010, 02:00 AM
Perhaps you're a child, still playing children's games. What I'm saying is the Thunder are easy money tomorrow. Pass it up, laugh it off. Like I said, it's your problem.

I've argued with you enough for 1 day.

"What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

Just in case you haven't seen Billy Madison, that quote goes perfect for you. :)

NortonMang
04-24-2010, 02:05 AM
I've argued with you enough for 1 day.

"What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

Just in case you haven't seen Billy Madison, that quote goes perfect for you. :)

Yea, but I'll be making money on tomorrow's game and you won't. And that my friend is the name of the game. Like Eddie Felson says to Tom Cruise in the "Color of Money,--"But can you make any money off pinball." Put another way, another bit of wisdom from that flick, 'Money won is twice as sweet as money earned." And if that ain't enough, "It takes two things to be a great pool player. Balls and brains. You've got too much of one and not enough of the other." You Mr. Bad *** Avenger, got neither.

Avenged
04-24-2010, 02:06 AM
Yea, but I'll be making money on tomorrow's game and you won't. And that my friend is the name of the game. Like Eddie Felson says to Tom Cruise in the "Color of Mone,"--" But can you make any money off pinball." Put another way, another bit of wisdom from that flick, 'Money won is twice as sweet as money earned." And if that ain't enough, "It takes two things to be a great pool player. Balls and brains. You've got too much of one and not enough of the other." You Mr. Bad *** Avenger, got neither.

Nah, mine was better. Yours made no sense. :laugh2:

I don't need to bet to make money :shrug:

I guess your cool.

Derick713
04-24-2010, 02:07 AM
The Thunder still has two 1st Round Picks in the 2010 Draft. Signing Bosh means letting go of Harden or Green in the future.

Russell Westbrook/Eric Maynor/
Thabo Sefolosha/James Harden/
Kevin Durant/Jeff Green/
Chris Bosh/DJ White/
Serge Ibaka/BJ Mullens/

xbrackattackx
04-24-2010, 02:13 AM
Nah, mine was better. Yours made no sense. :laugh2:

I don't need to bet to make money, cause I'm Oprah rich NEGR0 :shrug:

I guess your cool.

fixed ;)

Derick713
04-24-2010, 02:17 AM
Chris Bosh would be foolish not to sign with the Thunder. The Thunder can surround Bosh with better talent than any other team with cap room in 2010. Durant and Westbrook are young franchise talents. James Harden has great potential at SG. Serge Ibaka is coming along nicely.

BJ Mullens and DJ White are wild cards for the Thunder next season. If BJ Mullens develops into a good center then Bosh should get the Thunder over the hump.

I think the Thunder should sign Jermaine O’Neal or Brendan Haywood during the summer of 2010. The Thunder lacks a post player.

The Bulls and Thunders will be the top 2 teams favored to land Bosh. It’ll be Derrick Rose, Luol Deng, and Joakim Noah vs. Russell Westbrook, Kevin Durant, and Jeff Green for the right to land Bosh.

NortonMang
04-24-2010, 02:18 AM
fixed ;)

Nothing will be settled till tomorrow's game is played. Your post is wishful thinking on behalf of everyone here it seems who are going to be sorry they passed up easy dough with the Thunder. If that makes you boys feel like big shots, you've got a lot to learn.

Avenged
04-24-2010, 02:21 AM
Nothing will be settled till tomorrow's game is played. Your post is wishful thinking on behalf of everyone here it seems who are going to be sorry they passed up easy dough with the Thunder. If that makes you boys feel like big shots, you've got a lot to learn.

Blah blah blah.

Go ahead take game 4 if it makes you feel any better. Make your 5 bucks and move on.

Lakers will win the series regardless if they lose game 4.

xbrackattackx
04-24-2010, 02:22 AM
Nothing will be settled till tomorrow's game is played. my post are boring and repetitive.I think I'm being clever but i look very foolish.On behalf of everyone here it seems you are going to be sorry you messed with me cause I will keep posting all night I don't care if I look like a loser. I have no Job so I bet and I haven't ate or bathed in days.

fixed.
Exactly.

jackdawson
04-24-2010, 02:30 AM
Thunders might be in trouble in near future if they don't keep enough cap space (when Durant's and Brook's rookie contracts expire).

NortonMang
04-24-2010, 02:30 AM
Exactly.

"Exactly" what? Your lame idea of clever and funny. NOT! You guys are so politically correct, you go off when someone comes on with a decidedly different take on what's happening in the Laker-Thunder series. Well, check it out. It's a free country and you all are free to join in a simpleton feeding frenzy while I'll be in the line waiting to cash when the buzzers sounds ending the game. You guys have challenged me to bet. You needn't sweat that one. Just waiting for tomorrow's line moves. That's how you tell the losers from the winners. Hot talk by the lot of you is just that and nothing more.

xbrackattackx
04-24-2010, 02:32 AM
"Exactly" what? Your lame idea of clever and funny. NOT! You guys are so politically correct, you go off when someone comes on with a decidedly different take on what's happening in the Laker-Thunder series. Well, check it out. It's a free country and you all are free to join in a simpleton feeding frenzy while I'll be in the line waiting to cash when the buzzers sounds ending the game. You guys have challenged me to bet. You needn't sweat that one. Just waiting for tomorrow's line moves. That's how you tell the losers from the winners. Hot talk by the lot of you is just that and nothing more.

:yawn:

Avenged
04-24-2010, 02:32 AM

Can you stop bragging about you making money on tomorrows game? We get it you're cool. I'm glad we have that big of an impact on your life to have made you bet.

NortonMang
04-24-2010, 02:39 AM
Can you stop bragging about you making money on tomorrows game? We get it you're cool. I'm glad we have that big of an impact on your life to have made you bet.

None of my earlier posts resembled contentious to any degree. They displaly merely a difference of opinion. I get home tonight from a track meet and see wacked out salvos coming my way. A feeding frenzy by politically correct lemmings who can't brook confidence from an underdog.

Furthermore, you think far too much of yourself. I've been wagering on the Thunder all season.

Geargo Wallace
04-24-2010, 02:40 AM
rain drops keep falling on my heeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaddddddddddddddddddd

xbrackattackx
04-24-2010, 02:40 AM
rain drops keep falling on my heeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaddddddddddddddddddd

Exactly

Mavrix
04-24-2010, 02:41 AM

ew raptor face can't play center

THE MTL
04-24-2010, 02:41 AM
The Thunder has about 16 million in cap space. A little less depending on what they do with their draft pick. However, they can probably grab someone for 12-14 million like David Lee.

I honestly think Chris Bosh is going to go somewhere where he would still be the man. I really dont see him coming to a team where he would be VERY OVERSHADOWED with the likes of Wade, Durant, Lebron, etc.

I do see Bosh playing alongside another allstar. But someone along the lines of Joe Johnson.

NortonMang
04-24-2010, 02:43 AM
The Thunder has about 16 million in cap space. A little less depending on what they do with their draft pick. However, they can probably grab someone for 12-14 million like David Lee.

I honestly think Chris Bosh is going to go somewhere where he would still be the man. I really dont see him coming to a team where he would be VERY OVERSHADOWED with the likes of Wade, Durant, Lebron, etc.

I do see Bosh playing alongside another allstar. But someone along the lines of Joe Johnson.

Magic played with Kareem. West with Baylor. Havlichek with Russell. Kobe with Shaq. Are the most current players so insecure that can't deal with another allstar in their lineup? Do they want any less to win? I don't buy it.

Avenged
04-24-2010, 02:46 AM
None of my earlier posts resembled contentious to any degree. They displaly merely a difference of opinion. I get home tonight from a track meet and see wacked out salvos coming my way. A feeding frenzy by politically correct lemmings who can't brook confidence from an underdog.

Furthermore, you think far too much of yourself. I've been wagering on the Thunder all season.

You should really reread your posts then, because you keep repeating the same crap over and over again. You'll be making money, we get the point. Good job. :up:

xbrackattackx
04-24-2010, 02:49 AM
You should really reread your posts then, because you keep repeating the same crap over and over again. You'll be making money, we get the point. Good job. :up:

:up::up::up:

NortonMang
04-24-2010, 02:53 AM

I only brought up money within the past hour in response to seeing the attack mode this board went into upon my arrival home from my son's track meet. I wouldn't have mentioned it at all but you guys were spewing lots of vitriol my way with your bandwagon, politically correct attacks. A couple of guys even challenged me to bet. That's the genesis of the betting discussion.

NortonMang
04-24-2010, 02:54 AM
Anyway, I'm out of here. And rest easy. I won't post here again.

THE MTL
04-24-2010, 02:59 AM
Magic played with Kareem. West with Baylor. Havlichek with Russell. Kobe with Shaq. Are the most current players so insecure that can't deal with another allstar in their lineup? Do they want any less to win? I don't buy it.

These guys wanna win but they still wanna be the man. Look how hard, Kobe makes the game for himself. He can easily score around 22ppg and Lakers be just as good. Bosh clearly doesnt get his teammates involved with a decent supporting cast in Toronto.

As for ur argument, it was MAGIC's team. It was SHAQ's team (thats why ppl made a big deal about last season with Kobe won "HIS OWN" ring). Look at the likes of Gasol, he use to be up there with Dirk, Bosh, Amare as a top PF but now it just Kobe's sidekick.

Bosh said it numerous times how he is a FRANCHISE player.

Avenged
04-24-2010, 02:59 AM
I only brought up money within the past hour in response to seeing the attack mode this board went into upon my arrival home from my son's track meet. I wouldn't have mentioned it at all but you guys were spewing lots of vitriol my way with your bandwagon, politically correct attacks. A couple of guys even challenged me to bet. That's the genesis of the betting discussion.

Bandwagon? You need to check which train your on because the Thunder are going up against the defending champs, whom are first place in the West, 3rd place overall while the Thunder are sitting at 11th place, 12th depending if they have a tie breaker on the Celtics or not.

The Thunder are a good team, will be for a while, but you sir are quick to overrate them. It's very possible for them to win game 4, is that your rant? Good, tomorrow's your finals game apparently to you, you can have it. L.A still has the better chance of advancing regardless.

xbrackattackx
04-24-2010, 03:00 AM
And I'm not "convinced" you're very observant. You overlooked "fun."
Originally Posted by NortonMang
:cricket:

If you don't take them seriously after the Lakers eat it again tomorrow, then, well................it's your problem.

Yea, but I'll be making money on tomorrow's game and you won't. And that my friend is the name of the game. Like Eddie Felson says to Tom Cruise in the "Color of Money,--"But can you make any money off pinball." Put another way, another bit of wisdom from that flick, 'Money won is twice as sweet as money earned." And if that ain't enough, "It takes two things to be a great pool player. Balls and brains. You've got too much of one and not enough of the other." You Mr. Bad *** Avenger, got neither.
:horse:

:cricket

:up: :up: :up:

Avenged
04-24-2010, 03:00 AM

:dance:

xbrackattackx
04-24-2010, 03:01 AM
:dance:

exactly.

Geargo Wallace
04-24-2010, 03:07 AM
Bosh would love to play with another star ppl! That would be his only reason to leave.

soonabooma
04-24-2010, 03:08 AM
Thunders might be in trouble in near future if they don't keep enough cap space (when Durant's and Brook's rookie contracts expire).

Not necessarily. Presti is a very good GM, he's a smart guy and he knows how to build this team the right way while also paying close attention to the financial side of things. We have a great core group to build around, and we're just a good piece or two away from being able to compete more consistently every night no matter who we're facing. We're already playing at an unbelievably high level for being so young. We just need a little more help. We know we're gonna have to spend some serious $$$ when we extend our young stars, but if Presti feels that getting a player like Bosh would be worth it....then trust me, they'll pay the luxury tax. If we have the opportunity to get him, it might be too good to pass up. And if Bosh's intentions are in fact to leave as a free agent, then we won't necessarily have to worry about giving up a valuable piece like Green, Ibaka, Harden, etc, becuz Toronto won't have any bargaining power.

But, if our owners/GM feel it's not the right move, then that's life. I'm just hoping that we'll take a serious look at pursuing him. The thought of adding him to our squad is just too intriguing.;)

J-Relo
04-24-2010, 03:13 AM
i would love if OKC could get a decent center

they have a great backcourt, Durant at 3, Ibaka might improve and Green can play 4 at some time... Kristic is OK as a backup center...

but are there any centers?

soonabooma
04-24-2010, 03:31 AM
Haywood would be nice, but I'm pretty sure the Mavs will keep him around. I'd still love to get Tyson Chandler. Even though he has some injury issues, he's a very rare player, 7-1 and very athletic. I know he hasn't been making a ton of noise for Charlotte, but I think with the kind of team we have and the kind of ball we play, we could utilize him more like the way the Hornets did.

I'd be fine with a starting 5 of....Durant/Green/Westbrook/Sefolosha/Chandler

He would actually be a perfect fit on our team, but due to his injury issues, I don't think Presti would ever consider it again.

clehmun
04-24-2010, 03:39 AM
if bosh S&Ts to OKC, i'd want jeff green + harden.
jeff green is not enough IMO, he's a good 3rd or 4th option. his potential is borderline all-star kind of like Odom.

if they don't want to part with harden, i might settle for green + ibaka or a 1st.

THE MTL
04-24-2010, 03:46 AM
Bosh would love to play with another star ppl! That would be his only reason to leave.

No, Bosh wants to be on a good team but not necessarily reducing himself to a sidekick. Basically what im saying is that Bosh would wanna be in a Dirk situation where he is still the man.

Bosh would NEVER want to be in a Gasol situation. I can guarantee that.

However looking at Miami (where there's nothing much besides Wade and Beasley (i guess??)). I would see Bosh going there.

However, I see him coming to NYC first!

Baller1
04-24-2010, 03:48 AM
Norton... Confidence is great, and important.

But, let the series play out. Just let the Thunder play basketball and prove themselves. The confidence is awesome and I love it, but let's give it atleast until after game 4 to start making such bold statements.

shep33
04-24-2010, 03:53 AM
This wouldn't work for OKC. Once Westbrook and Durants contracts are up, they're gonna cash in. But that's not all... what if Harden ends up being really good and puts up great stats the next couple of years? What about Ibaka? A young active body that teams would pay a lot of money for maybe in a couple years.

This is the nature of the NBA, we can't just look at stars and say well they can all fit together and win multiple rings. There are soo many dynamics to the game, and with so much young talent on that team, those youngsters might get overwheled by the money they can get in other cities. I obviously think Durant and Westbrook won't leave OKC at all, but the other very good role players, especially the young ones could with enticing offers, and OKC paying a ton of cash to keep 2-3 good youngsters on the team,

jackdawson
04-24-2010, 03:57 AM
They don't really need a scoring center. Marcus Camby would have been a great fit for OKC. Brandon Haywood would be a nice addition as well.

Geargo Wallace
04-24-2010, 11:02 AM
I don't know why you think Bosh is a glory whore. The man just wants to win.

Raph12
04-24-2010, 11:39 AM
Idk what the situation is with the Thunder, two diff sites have diff salaries for them, can a Thunder fan update me on which of these two are right?;
1. http://hoopshype.com/salaries/oklahoma_city.htm
2. http://www.sportscity.com/NBA/Oklahoma-City-Thunder-Salaries

Btw if #1 is right, they have ~$40.3mil and could sign maybe one guy to a big deal; but if #2 is right and they opt to pick up on all of the team options (besides Westbrook), they'll have ~$24.7mil on their books, leaving a lot of room to sign guys.

raptor fan
04-24-2010, 11:50 AM
Trade 1:

OKC Trades: Jeff Green, Eric Maynor, #21, #26
OKC Gets: Chris Bosh

Trade 2:

OKC trades: Nick Collison & Nenad Kristic
OKC Gets: Samuel Dalembert

Draft Willie Warren with 32nd pick

Draft Paulo Prestes with 51st pick

Sign Jerry Stackhouse for the Minimum

PG: Westbrook/Warren/Ollie
SG: Harden/Sefolosha/Weaver
SF: Durant/Stackhouse
PF: Bosh/White/Prestes
C: Dalembert/Ibaka/Mullens

That would be a scary team to face. Dalembert would complement the team very well.

Avenged
04-24-2010, 12:02 PM

Gee, I wonder why you wont post here again. :rolleyes:

Im sure it will have nothing to do with the Lakers winning the series.

SteveNash
04-24-2010, 12:09 PM
Bosh came out and said he doesn't want to be a sidekick.

And the Thunder will get the free agent leftovers, their team isn't very attractive to FAs.

thescore53
04-24-2010, 02:12 PM

i didnt want to say this but, i dont think bosh wants to go to a place like oklahoma,:hide:

thescore53
04-24-2010, 02:14 PM
No, Bosh wants to be on a good team but not necessarily reducing himself to a sidekick. Basically what im saying is that Bosh would wanna be in a Dirk situation where he is still the man.

Bosh would NEVER want to be in a Gasol situation. I can guarantee that.

However looking at Miami (where there's nothing much besides Wade and Beasley (i guess??)). I would see Bosh going there.

However, I see him coming to NYC first!

ill bet you 1 gazzilion dollars bosh isnt going to nyc by himeself :facepalm:, and judging by how the raptors handled the knicks twice without bosh , toronto is the better situation, sigh homer

smith&wesson
04-24-2010, 02:46 PM
green, westbrook, harden, for bosh & turk.

Ansy
04-24-2010, 03:32 PM
If OKC can get Bosh they have serious Dynasty potential.

Hawkeye15
04-24-2010, 04:04 PM
if Kristic comes back (which he will), and you add the cap holds for the 2 first rounders, the Thunder will have roughly $13 million in cap space, not enough for Bosh. So something creative will need to be done. They could simply trade an existing deal like Green for a deal that isnt guranteed (I know that hurts Thunder fans, but if you want Bosh, gonna have to put someone worth a crap in play), and then sign him. BUT, you need to re-up both Durant and Westbrook in a couple years, and almost everything you have comes off the books next year, so signing a max deal for Bosh won't hurt you at all really, unless he underachieves or gets hurt

xbrackattackx
04-24-2010, 06:30 PM
Bosh came out and said he doesn't want to be a sidekick.

And the Thunder will get the free agent leftovers, their team isn't very attractive to FAs.

Was that serious? They are young and talented and gonna be around for a few seasons if they don't let teams cherry pick them. Any young Big has to be itching to be on that team.

thescore53
04-24-2010, 06:51 PM
was that serious? They are young and talented and gonna be around for a few seasons if they don't let teams cherry pick them. Any young big has to be itching to be on that team.

he's talkng about the market/city

xbrackattackx
04-24-2010, 06:51 PM
he's talkng about the market/city

then dont watch.

thescore53
04-24-2010, 06:54 PM
then dont watch.

:eyebrow:

xbrackattackx
04-24-2010, 07:24 PM
:eyebrow:

;)

Bruno
04-24-2010, 07:32 PM
If the Thunder sign Bosh or Amare they won't able to afford extensions for Green or Westbrook.

Hawkeye15
04-24-2010, 08:13 PM
If the Thunder sign Bosh or Amare they won't able to afford extensions for Green or Westbrook.

yes they would. But they would need to go over the cap. Green wont command more than $8 million, and Westbrook is gonna cost. But the cap after this next year is wide open. But yes, they need to go over the cap to keep Westbrook and Durant. That would be 2 max deals, and a third in the $12-13 million a year

HoopsDrive
04-24-2010, 08:41 PM
Called this months ago. The Thunder would be a perfect place and situation for Bosh.

Raps fans who think he won't go to another team and be a sidekick just because he iterated that he wants to be 'the man' don't know the power of persuasion that playing alongside a superstar can have.

If this does happen, they're a lock to be contenders for years to come.

KG2TB
04-24-2010, 08:41 PM
He'd be a great fit there. Man, the Thunder would be unbelievably tough in a 7 game series. I'm personally not a very big Bosh fan, but that'd be lethal for the Thun

Blackjack24
04-24-2010, 08:49 PM
This scenario should scare opposing GMs everywhere. The Thunder would have their 1-2-3-4 set; Krstic is an average 5; Green is a super sub off the bench... scary for years to come.

Rego247
04-24-2010, 08:54 PM
i just dont see him going to OKC where its always gonna be Durant this Durant that. after the all this time being the man, I seriously doubt he'll want to play 2nd fiddle to a rising superstar.

just dont see it.

dtmagnet
04-24-2010, 08:56 PM
As a Raptors fan the Thunder are the team I would most like to deal with in a S+T, they can actually trade us a player that we want.

KG2TB
04-24-2010, 09:03 PM
i just dont see him going to OKC where its always gonna be Durant this Durant that. after the all this time being the man, I seriously doubt he'll want to play 2nd fiddle to a rising superstar.

just dont see it.

Yeah, I hear ya and I tend to agree with that though...but Bosh needs to realize...he's not a number 1 on a championship team.

heathonater
04-24-2010, 10:31 PM
PLEASE go to miami or new york chris bosh. that team would be ****ing scary as hell if they got him to go there.

ink
04-24-2010, 10:34 PM
I wish. But I don't see it happening.

OKC would be crazy to tamper with the insane potential they have there.

They're doing their build exactly the opposite way the Raptors have. They allowed themselves to hit rock bottom, collected draft picks and built up with great selections. That team will be a contender for a decade if they just leave it alone to develop.

I don't think it would be worth it for them to disrupt that development for Bosh.

Becks2307
04-24-2010, 10:42 PM
I wish. But I don't see it happening.

OKC would be crazy to tamper with the insane potential they have there.

They're doing their build exactly the opposite way the Raptors have. They allowed themselves to hit rock bottom, collected draft picks and built up with great selections. That team will be a contender for a decade if they just leave it alone to develop.

I don't think it would be worth it for them to disrupt that development for Bosh.

this.

ibaka is going to become Dwight Howard-lite on the defensive end at some point...this team would do better with a defensive PF as opposed to CB...

thescore53
04-24-2010, 10:42 PM
PLEASE go to miami or new york chris bosh. that team would be ****ing scary as hell if they got him to go there.

lol the west cant get any tougher huh lol

JordansBulls
04-25-2010, 12:49 AM
As a Raptors fan the Thunder are the team I would most like to deal with in a S+T, they can actually trade us a player that we want.

Who is this?

Harden???

THE MTL
04-25-2010, 03:37 AM
Bosh believes he is a franchise player; therefore I really dont see him reducing himself to a sidekick role to play alongside an elite player such as Lebron, Kobe, Durant, etc.

I can see him forming a tandem with another allstar though like Johnson, Granger, ppl along those lines...where he would be more like Option 1A or 1B instead of Option 2.

thescore53
04-25-2010, 09:25 AM
Bosh believes he is a franchise player; therefore I really dont see him reducing himself to a sidekick role to play alongside an elite player such as Lebron, Kobe, Durant, etc.

I can see him forming a tandem with another allstar though like Johnson, Granger, ppl along those lines...where he would be more like Option 1A or 1B instead of Option 2.

to sum it up you basically said bosh should stay,

JordansBulls
04-25-2010, 10:05 AM
So if Bosh is a franchise player, would he go to play with Rose? Or does he want to go to a franchise with no established star player?

thescore53
04-25-2010, 10:16 AM
So if Bosh is a franchise player, would he go to play with Rose? Or does he want to go to a franchise with no established star player?

if thats true then he wouldnt leave toronto, he loves the city and i kinda love him to

Corey
04-25-2010, 10:28 AM
I don't get why everyone is saying sign and trade. The Thunder can sign someone without S/T -- why would they give up a main piece when they can just sign off the market?

JordansBulls
04-25-2010, 10:28 AM
if thats true then he wouldnt leave toronto, he loves the city and i kinda love him to

Yes, but now he has been in the league 7 years and still not been out of round 1. So I think he needs a change somehow. Can you honestly see the Raptors making it out of round 1 next year even?

thescore53
04-25-2010, 10:41 AM
Yes, but now he has been in the league 7 years and still not been out of round 1. So I think he needs a change somehow. Can you honestly see the Raptors making it out of round 1 next year even?

yes i can, couple of trades and development of our young guys anything can happen, but im very well aware that with bosh as the main piece we'll never win a title and rebuilding now would be smart for us, but im stubborn :)

and i dont know why it has to happen now, can you reccall a franchise player leaving he's team during free agency , maybe some time during the trade dealine it can/should happen if we dont perform at high level

Pippenfan
04-25-2010, 10:49 AM

:up: :up: :up: