PDA

View Full Version : Did Rick Adelman Get Any Votes For Coach Of The Year?

NetsPaint
04-23-2010, 03:58 PM
I remember people praising him early in the season, and forty two wins ain't too shabby for that team.I don't know if he was the best this year, but with what he had to work with is impressive.

Raph12
04-23-2010, 05:31 PM
Who cares, doesn't deserve it over Brooks, Skiles or Sloan.

Geargo Wallace
04-23-2010, 05:43 PM

x2

JasonJohnHorn
04-23-2010, 06:05 PM

I care.

I dont mean to knock what any of the coaches you mentioned, because they all did a fantastic job this year and are all deserving, but in that same breadth, Aldeman did an amazing job this season.

Brooks? Took over a team with the best young player in the league (Durant) and one of the most promising young point guards outside of D-Will, CP3 and Rose (that's Westbrook), a first round draft pick fillin' in a shooting guard and guys like Green also developing. This team was bound to do better than last year.

Sloan? Awesome coach, one of the greatest ever, and while every team in the west was making upgrades (Lakers, Mavs, Spurs), he had to lose a couple role players, coach through injuries and still managed to finish with a decent record, though like Brooks, is likely facign a first round exit.

Skiles? A similar situation to Brooks. He's done a great job getting the most out of his center (Bogut) and has him playing almost to his full potential, has a solid young rookie point guard that can score and picked up a couple of guys like Salmons for next to nothing. He's done a great job and is deserving as well because nobody expected the Bucks to finish this well, especially with Redd on the injured list all season.

But Adleman LOST THREE ALL-STARS!!!!! And Arzia was supposed to replace all three? McGrady: bench then traded. Yao. Out all season. Artest. Signed away with nothign in return. And despite losing his three best scorers, and despite that the Rockets had to watch everybody else upgrading their rosters in the West, he still came out, in the TOUGHEST DIVISION IN THE LEAGUE with a team that got OVER .500 and would have been the 7th seed in the east! Adleman deserves as much love as anybody for coach of the year. I can think of several guys who did as good a job, and are as deserving, but none who did better.

So to the poster of this thread: :clap::clap::clap::clap:

Lets give some love to Adleman! One of the best coaches of his generation (you can as Pop and Jackson, and both will agree).

And Nate McMillan too... those injuries... damn. And still with that record and in this seires? Amazing!

Geargo Wallace
04-23-2010, 06:06 PM
... Pop, Jackson, Sloan could win it every year. The coach of the year award goes to the coach who's team makes an improvement usually.

eg. Sam Mitchell.

iggypop123
04-23-2010, 06:23 PM
he probably lost it when they had the tough schedule and played well, when they had the easiest part of the schedule in the second half the team collapsed. it was fools gold

Chronz
04-23-2010, 06:26 PM
he probably lost it when they had the tough schedule and played well, when they had the easiest part of the schedule in the second half the team collapsed. it was fools gold
Actually the toughest part of the Rockets schedule came early in the year, when it got easy is when they struggled thats when the injuries began to mount. Either way they did overachieve even if alil Adelman deserves some credit.

sep11ie
04-23-2010, 06:29 PM
oops

sep11ie
04-23-2010, 06:30 PM
I care.

I dont mean to knock what any of the coaches you mentioned, because they all did a fantastic job this year and are all deserving, but in that same breadth, Aldeman did an amazing job this season.

Brooks? Took over a team with the best young player in the league (Durant) and one of the most promising young point guards outside of D-Will, CP3 and Rose (that's Westbrook), a first round draft pick fillin' in a shooting guard and guys like Green also developing. This team was bound to do better than last year.

Sloan? Awesome coach, one of the greatest ever, and while every team in the west was making upgrades (Lakers, Mavs, Spurs), he had to lose a couple role players, coach through injuries and still managed to finish with a decent record, though like Brooks, is likely facign a first round exit.

Skiles? A similar situation to Brooks. He's done a great job getting the most out of his center (Bogut) and has him playing almost to his full potential, has a solid young rookie point guard that can score and picked up a couple of guys like Salmons for next to nothing. He's done a great job and is deserving as well because nobody expected the Bucks to finish this well, especially with Redd on the injured list all season.

But Adleman LOST THREE ALL-STARS!!!!! And Arzia was supposed to replace all three? McGrady: bench then traded. Yao. Out all season. Artest. Signed away with nothign in return. And despite losing his three best scorers, and despite that the Rockets had to watch everybody else upgrading their rosters in the West, he still came out, in the TOUGHEST DIVISION IN THE LEAGUE with a team that got OVER .500 and would have been the 7th seed in the east! Adleman deserves as much love as anybody for coach of the year. I can think of several guys who did as good a job, and are as deserving, but none who did better.

So to the poster of this thread: :clap::clap::clap::clap:

Lets give some love to Adleman! One of the best coaches of his generation (you can as Pop and Jackson, and both will agree).

And Nate McMillan too... those injuries... damn. And still with that record and in this seires? Amazing!

this and this