PDA

View Full Version : If you were the NBA Commissioner what would you change and why?

Swashcuff
04-22-2010, 03:36 PM
I'd want to see the officials enforce the damn rules. I mean when a casual basketball fan can watch the game and clearly see that a player traveled and was not called for it it just goes to show how the NBA is losing its credibility.

Also I'd let the defenders do their jobs too many calls go the offensive player's way when he initiates contact. Some of the calls that we see these days are just so bogus IMO.

I'd also like to see technical fouls be counted as a personal foul as well. In that way we should really see a lot less wining since the player himself will be held more accountable for his actions and there are greater ramifications for his team.

And lastly Topless Cheerleaders. :D jp

If given David Stern's position what would you guys do and why?

Iodine
04-22-2010, 03:37 PM
Out of bounds is pretty ********
Also we need to bring back big head mode

*Superman*
04-22-2010, 03:39 PM

Well then you would have players running around the arena. Because technically there isn't an out of bounds.

Back court is kinda useless.

Iodine
04-22-2010, 03:39 PM
Well then you would have players running around the arena. Because technically there isn't an out of bounds.

How is this a bad thing?

Also we need anti grav mode

*Superman*
04-22-2010, 03:40 PM
How is this a bad thing?

Umm. I wouldn't take the game serious at all to tell you the truth.

*Superman*
04-22-2010, 03:41 PM
Also we need to bring back big head mode

How is this a bad thing?

I can agree with these two tho. :D

But I don't think Joel Anthony's head could get any bigger.

Iodine
04-22-2010, 03:43 PM

You fail so hard

http://www.mattresspolice.com/images/sarcasm.jpg

*Superman*
04-22-2010, 03:45 PM
You fail so hard

http://www.mattresspolice.com/images/sarcasm.jpg

soery mane kaint tellz wen u jokin or knot.

MTar786
04-22-2010, 03:46 PM
i would stop the league officials from giving lebron no fouls in a game and stop the touch fouls he gets that send him to the line after the charges that turn into blocking fouls pile up on the opposing teams team fouls

Kingz4L
04-22-2010, 03:50 PM
I would add a 4th Official since 3 apparently is not enough to get the calls right on Dwight Howard

TheWatcher34
04-22-2010, 03:51 PM
i would extend the league to Europe!!! and why?? because people over here want to see live NBA games and because of $$$

asandhu23
04-22-2010, 03:53 PM
Crabdribble, LeBron's chasedown "blocks" will be goaltends again, LeBron will get called for offensive fouls, Slam Dunk contestants will be forced to dunk if they declare they will go in the dunk contest, LeBron will be tested for steroids.

Oh and Dancer Girls will be Playboy and Hooters models. Fans going to games will automatically be put in a lottery where the first prize is courtside seats, second prize is lower section seats and third prize is a free custom jerseys.

Iodine
04-22-2010, 03:55 PM
You make my dislike for lebron seem almost rational

JPHX
04-22-2010, 03:56 PM
Players with a salary of 15 mil and above automatically begin a game with one personal foul.

Widen the corner three point area.

Sadds The Gr8
Too much tick-tack fouls. Make the game the way it was in the 90s with tougher/more aggressive defense. Also, when players get into those scrums, don't suspend anyone unless it goes into an all-out fight. This would put more intensity back into the game. Arenas will be louder, and players will be more focused and pushed even more to play better. More rivalries would be made as well, making the NBA more fun.

SaimoNETS
The team with the worst record should be guaranteed the #1 pick.

dtmagnet
04-22-2010, 04:11 PM

then dont watch.

ATX
04-22-2010, 04:24 PM
I would chage offensive goal tending. There should be no such thing. It's the dumbest rule. Just credit the first shooter with an assist. If a player goes up and dunks a shot that bouncing around the rim home it should count.

PC
04-22-2010, 04:25 PM

No they shouldn't, but they should refine the lottery system

JasonJohnHorn
04-22-2010, 04:28 PM
I'd let kids come in after highschool but give teams a 4 adn 5th year option on 3-year rookie contracts so that teams that invest in training a promising player dont lose him for nothing when he hits his prime.

I'd also lift any limits to buying out European contracts to get draft picks over to the NBA asap so guy like Sabonis could have come in the league earlier and guys like Rubio and Splittner could come in the league and make an immdeiate impact.

I'd also look into expanding the D-league so that every team had its own developmental team so that they could have a bigger hand in developing their low drafts picks and use it as a means to groom their front office (coaching staff, scout, ect..) and in turn allow teams to hold 20 contracts instead of just 15 (but 5 would have to be rookie and/or minimum contract and any vet who has been in the league past his rookie contract could be released with pay from his contract if his team leaves him in the D-league).

And I'd look into expanding or opening up an affliate league in Europe to get a hold on the booming basketball market over there.

Raph12
04-22-2010, 04:30 PM
I would add a 4th Official since 3 apparently is not enough to get the calls right on Dwight Howard

This

JasonJohnHorn
04-22-2010, 04:31 PM
I would chage offensive goal tending. There should be no such thing. It's the dumbest rule. Just credit the first shooter with an assist. If a player goes up and dunks a shot that bouncing around the rim home it should count.

The reason they have offensive goal tending is becuase the have a defensive goaltending rule that doesnt allow defenders to pull the ball off the rim, and therefore offensive players would have an unfair advantage to go after the ball at a time when defensive players arent allowed to.

ManRam
04-22-2010, 04:39 PM
Crabdribble, LeBron's chasedown "blocks" will be goaltends again, LeBron will get called for offensive fouls, Slam Dunk contestants will be forced to dunk if they declare they will go in the dunk contest, LeBron will be tested for steroids.

Oh and Dancer Girls will be Playboy and Hooters models. Fans going to games will automatically be put in a lottery where the first prize is courtside seats, second prize is lower section seats and third prize is a free custom jerseys.

Did your girlfriend cheat on you with LeBron? There has to be some reason you hate the man so much.

I'd dissolve the Golden State Warriors if were commish.

Raph12
04-22-2010, 04:47 PM

That's stupid, than teams would just tank on purpose to get the pick.

Avenged
04-22-2010, 04:48 PM
Find the Clippers their own city/state.

Ragan
04-22-2010, 04:49 PM
1) Each team starts with 100 ping pong balls (or lottery numbers or whatever they use now) at the beginning of the season which they can trade or keep as assets. Regular season record has nothing to do with the lottery. This would keep teams from tanking since W/L would have nothing to do with improving your team for next year, and only winning puts butts in seats.

2) Contracts would still be guaranteed but teams have the option to buy out any contract at 67%. (This would benefit both teams AND players. Teams have the option of getting out of terrible, cap-killing contracts, and players can get paid 67% of the contract they signed, plus sign another deal on top of that.)

Slimsim
04-22-2010, 04:53 PM

Lol that's funny

you can add the mets to that list as well.

Swashcuff
04-22-2010, 04:56 PM

I wonder why a Nets fan would say this this season???

Anyways that make no sense because teams would OBVIOUSLY tank for the worst seed. What if the 3 teams tie for the worst seed. Do they go to a tie breaker or biggest point differencial or something? :confused:

abe_froman
04-22-2010, 04:57 PM
the way fouls are called,no more ticky tack crap.lets make it a mans game again

Swashcuff
04-22-2010, 04:59 PM

ok its now a proven FACT Assandhu is actually Monta Ellis!!! :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

OC Knights #11
04-22-2010, 04:59 PM
get rid of all the referees. Bring in all new ones. If your name is Kobe, Lebron, Durant or pretty much any "super star" in the NBA will get away with anything on the court. And if they don't get all the calls it is funny to watch. Especially Kobe, he whines and *****es every time he doesn't get a call.

JerzeyFresh
04-22-2010, 05:07 PM
I would take away guaranteed contracts. Some ruin teams for many years(Brand/Sixers)

Toenail Clipper
04-22-2010, 05:12 PM
LeBron leaving the NBA

Swashcuff
04-22-2010, 06:23 PM
I'd also ENSURE that my end of season award voters are NOT total dumbasses. I mean David Lee getting anything near a vote for DPOY is absolutely unacceptable. It really shows the level of common sense (if any at all) these voters have.

xbrackattackx
04-22-2010, 06:57 PM
then dont watch.

hnte tnod chtaw....

Translation...Then dont watch

xbrackattackx
04-22-2010, 06:57 PM

x2

jackdawson
04-22-2010, 06:58 PM
Ban yellow jerseys!

AIverson
04-22-2010, 10:16 PM
1.)Get rid of garanteed contracts. Because of these, if your team is bad, it's stuck that way for 10+ years no matter what. You can't have a salary cap AND these type of cantracts. Pick one or the other. 86ing these contracts is a must.

2.)Bring back defence.

3.)Get rid of the lottery. The worst teams get the first picks in order. If teams tank, then oh well. It isn't a big deal at all. However, being one of the worst teams but getting screwed over in the lottery and never having a chance to improve is!

OC Knights #11
04-22-2010, 10:23 PM
Why get rid of the lottery? Look at it this way, if there was no lottery don't you think more teams would tank on purpose trying to get that 1st pick? That would be bad for the NBA.

Swashcuff
04-22-2010, 10:26 PM
1.)Get rid of garanteed contracts. Because of these, if your team is bad, it's stuck that way for 10+ years no matter what. You can't have a salary cap AND these type of cantracts. Pick one or the other. 86ing these contracts is a must.

2.)Bring back defence.

3.)Get rid of the lottery. The worst teams get the first picks in order. If teams tank, then oh well. It isn't a big deal at all. However, being one of the worst teams but getting screwed over in the lottery and never having a chance to improve is!

So what if 3 teams finish with the worst record? 3 number picks?

thescore53
04-22-2010, 10:34 PM

than dont watch

iFYouSeekAmy
04-22-2010, 11:36 PM
Allow bribing.

JasonJohnHorn
04-23-2010, 08:25 AM
I'd allow, nay, MANDATE! fully nude cheerleaders!

Chill_Will_24
04-24-2010, 03:45 PM
The lottery system needs to be changed to improve the worst teams chances at landing the first pick. I have watched the Nets for a while and they are clearly trying hard. They just suck. They need this first overall pick BAD! But they shouldnt make it automatic. I dont want teams tanking. They should also do the ping pong ball thing live so that we know its not rigged. I dont trust Stern coming out and just announcing it and we have to just assume it was all fair

Hawkeye15
04-24-2010, 03:54 PM
Give the Wolves the #1 pick, and force LeBron to sign with them, duh.
But really, I would take away flagrant 1&2's, and just have one. Hard fouls are hard fouls. Get up and shoot your free throws *****. Take away the no hand check rule. Take away the clear path foul. Basically, put some balls back into the league. And start giving technicals to players who whine at all. If you have a point, explain it calmly. If you give the Duncan bug eyes, or the Kobe scream, its a T. And dancing is not aloud LeBron

Iodine
04-24-2010, 04:05 PM
Give the Wolves the #1 pick, and force LeBron to sign with them, duh.
But really, I would take away flagrant 1&2's, and just have one. Hard fouls are hard fouls. Get up and shoot your free throws *****. Take away the no hand check rule. Take away the clear path foul. Basically, put some balls back into the league. And start giving technicals to players who whine at all. If you have a point, explain it calmly. If you give the Duncan bug eyes, or the Kobe scream, its a T. And dancing is not aloud LeBron
Post of the decade

Hawkeye15
04-24-2010, 04:08 PM
I forgot, no more hugging and smiling pre game, and shaking hands after the game. Fk them. THey are your enemy while on the court.

Iodine
04-24-2010, 04:11 PM
Yeah I have to agree, at least act like you have animosity with the enemy

RadiantShot
04-24-2010, 04:59 PM

This.
Man.
Right.
Here.
:love:

I LOVE YOU.

Bruno
04-24-2010, 07:34 PM
I'd fire myself because I suck at my job. Oh wait, its just David Stern who sucks.

Swashcuff
04-24-2010, 11:49 PM
I'd fire myself because I suck at my job. Oh wait, its just David Stern who sucks.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

iggypop123
04-24-2010, 11:50 PM
step down and have a contest on PSD to have a new commisioner

tdunk21
04-24-2010, 11:59 PM
would have pre game trash talkin interview