PDA

View Full Version : Golden State Warriors: one of the top 4 markets in NBA?

asandhu23
04-22-2010, 03:01 AM
With a dozen bidders - including billionaire Larry Ellison - signaling interest in the Golden State Warriors, the team could fetch owner Chris Cohan more than $400 million, according to those close to the sale negotiations.

In addition to the Man from Oracle, Mark Mastrov, founder of 24 Hour Fitness, based in San Ramon, has also expressed interest. Mastrov tells us he might eventually even bring some of his sports pals like Lance Armstrong, Shaquille O'Neal and Magic Johnson into the deal.

A group of Silicon Valley investors that includes Riverwood Capital executive Michael Marks and Silver Lake equity co-founder Jim Davidson - which bought a 20 percent stake in the Warriors when Cohan ran into tax troubles - is expected to be in the hunt as well. Neither Marks nor Davidson returned our calls seeking comment.

Another basketball-loving Silicon Valley exec, who asked that we not publish his name, has also been privately mentioned as a possible suitor.

The exec said he doubts the Warriors are worth more than the $315 million listed by Forbes magazine in December, but acknowledged that things "could get crazy if they do an auction process," as expected.

Most experts tells us the Bay Area is among the top four NBA markets - along with New York, Chicago and L.A. - and the Warriors are a proven draw even when the team plays poorly.

Whatever the sale price, the clock is ticking on Cohan. In addition to his past tax troubles from the sale of his cable business, sources tell us, he's facing a 5 percent increase in the capital gains tax next year on any sale of the team, and an 8.8 percent increase the following year.

The big question is, will Ellison bite? While he does play a bit of basketball aboard his yacht, he rarely attends Warriors games, and will probably resist being pushed into a bidding war.

The Warriors are expected to open their books to the suitors within the next few days - so let the game begin.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2010/04/21/BASA1D1LAI.DTL&feed=rss.warriors#ixzz0loFRQ9Uc

What do you think? This article reveals a lot more about the Warriors' potential buyers but my question is: Do you think Warriors are one of the top 4 markets in NBA?

abe_froman
04-22-2010, 03:04 AM
i thought it was somewhere around 10

b_rad23
04-22-2010, 03:05 AM
No....

I take Miami and Toronto and Dallas and Houston before...

Lakersfanla24
04-22-2010, 03:25 AM
I wouldnt doubt that at all. Have any of you guys ever gone to a bay area sporting event? or walked around there? I lived there for awhile and people there are just devoted to the teams win or lose. you cant walk anywhere without seeing someone in something Warriors, SF Giants, and especially the sharks.

tredigs
04-22-2010, 03:31 AM
It's definitely among the biggest sports markets in the country. Top 4? I don't know for sure, there is a good deal of statistics and countless factors that go into a sports-market worth and their projected value as an organization. Is a poll of random PSD posters (half of which are in high school) really going to give you any insight on this?

IRUAM #21
04-22-2010, 08:13 AM
What do you think? This article reveals a lot more about the Warriors' potential buyers but my question is: Do you think Warriors are one of the top 4 markets in NBA?

No, you're a homer.

phils07
04-22-2010, 08:36 AM
No, you're a homer.

this is not homerism. the perceived value and the actual value are much different. just because theyre bad doesnt mean they have a bad market. have u seen their fans? if there was any competent management in both the front office and the coaching on the sidelines (yes nellie sucks even tho he has a lot of wins) they would be incredibly profitable.

as long as the new owner installs good management and are willing to wait a few years, this warrior team will pay off. they have a lot of young talent, but it needs to be cultivated.

clutchski
04-22-2010, 08:46 AM
NY, Chicago, LA, BOSTON, DETROIT and others draw a better revenue. Hell, the raptors do too.

TheWatcher34
04-22-2010, 08:54 AM
this poll is so biased. the answer is... no.

JordansBulls
04-22-2010, 08:55 AM
Of course it is not.

LA
Chicago
NY
Houston

Raidaz4Life
04-22-2010, 08:55 AM
I'm sure they have a larger market than people give them credit for but I doubt it is top 4.

29$JerZ
04-22-2010, 08:58 AM
I don't know if those numbers would back up such a claim but I don't see GS despite thier fanbase being in the Top 4 in Market while LA,Chicago,NY,Toronto exist.

FlakeyFool
04-22-2010, 09:03 AM
Toronto is a bigger market

mikantsass
04-22-2010, 09:20 AM
It is a big market, but not top 5

cmacmath
04-22-2010, 09:48 AM
I don't think it is in a top 4 "market" by definition...meaning population, money, etc.

But I would definately put them as a Top 4 fanbase...that arena sells out every game and is incredibly loud...and they are terrible. Imagine what their fans would be like if they were good!

Raph12
04-22-2010, 09:59 AM
Top 10

asandhu23
04-22-2010, 12:23 PM
Let's get some things clear. Golden State Warriors are based in Oakland, California. They cover all of San Francisco Bay Area which has some pretty rich cities ( Palo Alto, Atherton, Hillsborough and Woodside ). Add in Silicon Valley, Napa Valley, Monterey. Big cities covered: San Francisco, San Jose, Oakland, Monterey, Santa Cruz.

http://www.california-map.org/california-road-map.gif

Hawkeye15
04-22-2010, 12:56 PM
Houston or Miami are bigger imo

thescore53
04-22-2010, 01:16 PM
No, you're a homer.

than dont watch

thescore53
04-22-2010, 01:19 PM
i thought it was nyk, la , chicago,philly,toronto, boston

Draco
04-22-2010, 01:20 PM
Most experts? Who would those be and what makes them experts?

BOSTON617
04-22-2010, 01:34 PM
dal
la
chi
ny
boston
houston
toronto
miami

thescore53
04-22-2010, 01:37 PM
^^ i hope thats not in order

caddiemaster
04-22-2010, 01:38 PM
Chicago is pathetic all they had were the refs in their pocket.....nothing more!

billy17
04-22-2010, 01:51 PM
People underestimate the SF Bay Area..

ldc62
04-22-2010, 01:56 PM
NY, LA, Chicago, Houston, Miami, Toronto, Dallas, Boston just off the top of my head is >

Giantwarrior
04-22-2010, 02:20 PM
some interesting facts about the The Bay Area.

they have a very loyal fan base especially for Basketball. analysts dont know why they love the warriors so much. they sell out the stadium when the warriors record is 20-40. this is the only franchise that this happens to. i wouldnt call it big market, but its a great market for basketball.

Collectively that area in California generates the most money in America. Northern California generates more money then most countries in the world. most of the money comes from microsoft, apple, cisco, etc.

Northern California has the highest population of people who attended and finished college.

Northern California is one of the most ethnically diverse areas in the world. next to NYC.

its also one of the best places to live in the USA and the best weather.

im from California but live in NYC.

tredigs
04-22-2010, 02:21 PM
A lot of opinions here about something that isn't an opinion. Do any of you have the facts (actual objective numbers from research groups) to support what you're saying? Remember that an "NBA market" isn't exactly the same as a standard market.

abe_froman
04-22-2010, 02:23 PM
A lot of opinions here about something that isn't an opinion. Do any of you have the facts (actual objective numbers from research groups) to support what you're saying? Remember that an "NBA market" isn't exactly the same as a standard market.

yes,the numbers arent hard to look up for yourself

Giantwarrior
04-22-2010, 02:25 PM
the next owner of the Warriors will be a lucky Man. Historically the Warriors are horrible. They did win 2 NBA Championships, thats more then what most teams have.

this team will be back. watch out.

tredigs
04-22-2010, 02:27 PM
yes,the numbers arent hard to look up for yourself

You write that, yet offer nothing? Why not just link it? I can tell you the largest metropolitan areas in the US, but that's NOT THE SAME as your NBA market. A lot of other factors go into this, which a lot of you aren't seeming to get.

abe_froman
04-22-2010, 02:30 PM
You write that, yet offer nothing? Why not just link it? I can tell you the largest metropolitan areas in the US, but that's NOT THE SAME as your NBA market. A lot of other factors go into this, which a lot of you aren't seeming to get.

because i'm not your underling here to do all the research for you.and since the accepted opinion is that it isnt,the onus is on you to change our minds and not the other way around

tredigs
04-22-2010, 02:40 PM
because i'm not your underling here to do all the research for you.and since the accepted opinion is that it isnt,the onus is on you to change our minds and not the other way around

So you just post to say you can do something, but don't do it. Gotchya. There is no "onus on me". I didn't make this thread, and I'm not convinced they are. Wrong side, froman?

topdog
04-22-2010, 02:58 PM
I don't think it is in a top 4 "market" by definition...meaning population, money, etc.

But I would definately put them as a Top 4 fanbase...that arena sells out every game and is incredibly loud...and they are terrible. Imagine what their fans would be like if they were good!

I don't usually agree w/ Knicks posters, but... yeah.

They definitely have a location that mixes a devoted fanbase and some high dollars. Remember when they played the Mavs a couple years ago? I think they sold more seats than they had.

Bruno
04-22-2010, 05:03 PM
They should always be top 10. I've lived in the bay for a couple of years, they have some of the most dedicated fans I've ever seen. Its just a strange situation having the arena right next to the Oakland Airport, it's a bus ride or two and a bart across the bay to catch a game for SF residents. Essentially The Warriors have two big cities, Oakland and San Francisco supporting them along with the smaller surrounding cities such as Berkley/Alameda/ect. I first moved there after the 2007 playoffs and the place was just nuts.

I will say that in SF you see MUCH more SF Giants/Orange-Black than you see Warriors gear. You can't leave your apartment in SF with out seeing at least ten Giants hats on the way to class, or to the bar.

I'd say that if the team was competitive, they'd crack top 5.

Toenail Clipper
04-22-2010, 05:09 PM
Los Angeles Clippers too.
HAHAHA

heathonater
04-22-2010, 05:55 PM
not top 4, but the bay area does have one of the larger markets, so i would say top 10.

jackdawson
04-22-2010, 06:23 PM
If the thead creator was someone else then the poll would have shown some more love for the Warriors. Just saying...

jackdawson
04-22-2010, 06:24 PM

This.

RaiderLakersA's
04-22-2010, 06:29 PM
Yes, the SF Bay Area usually comes in around the 4 - 5 media markets in the US. It's been the case for decades.

(In my own mind.)

djeller1139
04-22-2010, 06:35 PM
It's large - maybe not top 4 - but bigger than most people expect..

I think what it has (and maybe what that exec was saying) is that it has the POTENTIAL to be one of the top markets. Bay Area is incredibly populated (San Jose, San Francisco, Oakland, etc. are all highly populated cities) and incredibly wealthy (Silicon Valley). There is a lot of interest in sports (SF Giants have gone +3,000,000 each season since opening AT&T Park save for last year where they missed by a small amount), and there is a lot of money to spend on sports.

With a new owner, and hopefully, a new(ish) team, the Warriors could definitely provide to be a huge market (remember, huge market does not always equate to great team).

saucy1
04-22-2010, 07:01 PM
ill say this we got the best fans in the world period,the warriors have been trash for years yet attendance is always good.How many teams get support like that when the team is garbage

iFYouSeekAmy
04-22-2010, 11:43 PM

Bigger than the whole bay area or just the city they play in?

------

I travel around, and I got to say the Bay Area especially SF, SJ , and Oakland are pretty devoted fans.. You see a bunch of SF hats in SF rather than those NYY bandwagon hats..

Swashcuff
04-22-2010, 11:51 PM
If the thead creator was someone else then the poll would have shown some more love for the Warriors. Just saying...

thats certainly true

montazingmvp
04-23-2010, 03:00 AM
NY, LA, Chicago, Houston, Miami, Toronto, Dallas, Boston just off the top of my head is >

what are you on about?...boston is not that big of a market...just because they have rich owners and good teams does not mean the market is big...

Boston's metropolitan area's population is 4.5million people...

san francisco bay area's metropolitan area is 7.4million people...

its not even close buddy...

the san francisco bay area is the 6th largest metropolitan area in the nation...solely by population...

so its close...

then factor in how freaking rich the bay area is and you've got yourself a great sports market...

Evolution23
04-23-2010, 04:14 AM
maybe 5th? Ny, LA, Chi, Tor, GS

cmacmath
04-23-2010, 10:53 AM
I see a couple of people saying Miami which is why I think we should define "market"...

If we are talking just strictly population then fine, but Miami has no fanbase at all. They have a Top 5 NBA superstar on their team, they have the 5th best record in the Eastern Conference, they won an NBA championship in the last 5 years and they can't even sell 12,000 tickets. Their arena is empty every game.

The Warriors are a god awful team and have been for a long time and don't really have any nationally marketable player yet have an outstanding fanbase.

By the way, the Knicks have an incredible fanbase too...we had a bunch of games in march when we were already 20 games under .500 and eliminated from playoff contention where a sold out Garden was rocking in close games like it was a playoff game

spoonhoops
04-23-2010, 11:04 AM
My top 5 fan bases, which takes into account people who fill the seats, care about their team and have a great tv market. Lakers, Warriors, Knicks, Mavs, Chicago

IRUAM #21
04-23-2010, 11:50 AM
I see a couple of people saying Miami which is why I think we should define "market"...

If we are talking just strictly population then fine, but Miami has no fanbase at all. They have a Top 5 NBA superstar on their team, they have the 5th best record in the Eastern Conference, they won an NBA championship in the last 5 years and they can't even sell 12,000 tickets. Their arena is empty every game.

The Warriors are a god awful team and have been for a long time and don't really have any nationally marketable player yet have an outstanding fanbase.

By the way, the Knicks have an incredible fanbase too...we had a bunch of games in march when we were already 20 games under .500 and eliminated from playoff contention where a sold out Garden was rocking in close games like it was a playoff game

Heat are right in the middle of the pack at 17,730 a game. I agree that it should be higher but I have no clue why people don't go.

knickerbockerny
04-23-2010, 11:59 AM
Its in California right! Go figure! That's a big market

GSW Hoops
04-23-2010, 01:21 PM
Warriors have excellent fans, but markets are about more than just fan support. Corporate support means a lot, too, as does the size of the area.

Oakland and East Bay just aren't large enough to be considered a top 4 market...

J-Relo
04-23-2010, 01:26 PM
No

NortonMang
04-23-2010, 01:34 PM
The Warriors were, by far, the best 20 win team in the league. You can't really figure their games cause they're capable of going off, even some nights with but eight healthy players, against anyone. They were a fun team this year in spite of the terrible record. Bay Area fans are cool cause the Bay Area is cool. Live and let live describes the area. It's like "Another Country." (Michael Bloomfield, Buddy Miles-The Electric Flag, circa 1968.)

BOSTON617
04-23-2010, 01:36 PM
what are you on about?...boston is not that big of a market...just because they have rich owners and good teams does not mean the market is big...

Boston's metropolitan area's population is 4.5million people...

san francisco bay area's metropolitan area is 7.4million people...

its not even close buddy...

the san francisco bay area is the 6th largest metropolitan area in the nation...solely by population...

so its close...

then factor in how freaking rich the bay area is and you've got yourself a great sports market...

boston may be smalll but the market here is unbelievable its not just boston people routing for our teams its all of new england maine nh vermont ma con ri all root for boston teams so yea boston market is bigger then YOU think

BOSTON617
04-23-2010, 01:39 PM
i go to celtic red sox pat games all the time everytime i go full house i gaurenttee you giants warriors or 49ers dont have the same attendence as boston teams and thats a fact

Giants-49ers-Ws
04-23-2010, 02:14 PM
An interesting point no one's brought up...

the Bay Area is one of only two markets in the US with two NFL teams, only NY also has two...

The Bay Area gets no respect ever..fans are passionate and pack the stadiums..

the giants filled up 85% of their seats on average last year for a surprise team..averaging 35,322 fans a game at AT&T

niners packed 99.3% of their seats last season for an 8-8 team and averaged 69,732 fans at Candlestick

warriors who were garbage this past season like usual filled up 92% of their seats and averaged 18,027 fans a night at Oracle..just imagine if they move back across the Bay to SF with a new owner...if they build the stadium big enough they will have the most fans in the NBA easy

Team*Chicago
04-23-2010, 02:25 PM
Of course it is not.

LA
Chicago
NY
Houston

I agree but just add Toronto.

Hellcrooner
04-23-2010, 02:38 PM
Well as an spaniard i will tell you if someone asked me to say 10 citys in the USa i woudl probably say from teh tp of my head.....

1 N Y

2 L.A

3 CHI

4 SAN FRAN

5 Houston

6 Washington

7 Boston

8 Dallas

9 Miami

10 Detroit

( Not that im only talking bout USA so toronto is out of the list)

Ssshbliblibl00p
04-23-2010, 03:02 PM
Terrible organization, terrible gimmick coach, and fans numb from losing. Nobody wants to play there. Look at Steph Curry's face when he got drafted, that should say it all.

mikantsass
04-23-2010, 03:03 PM
Well as an spaniard i will tell you if someone asked me to say 10 citys in the USa i woudl probably say from teh tp of my head.....

1 N Y

2 L.A

3 CHI

4 SAN FRAN

5 Houston

6 Washington

7 Boston

8 Dallas

9 Miami

10 Detroit

( Not that im only talking bout USA so toronto is out of the list)

Seriously? San Fran at 4? That is shocking to me... any other non-americans care to add their 2 cents?

Ssshbliblibl00p
04-23-2010, 03:07 PM
Seriously? San Fran at 4? That is shocking to me... any other non-americans care to add their 2 cents?

Boston just isn't as cool as people from Boston think it is.

mikantsass
04-23-2010, 03:15 PM
Boston just isn't as cool as people from Boston think it is.

I wasnt saying it as an attribute to Boston (even though Boston is home to some of the best Colleges and Universities in the world). I was just shocked that a foreigner thinks of San Fran as 4th when rattling off cities

BOSTON617
04-23-2010, 03:25 PM
boston is better then san fran lol we def have die hard fans you wear a yankee jersey in certain parts they will beat you up its intense here no joke..... but nothing against san fran its just that your fans arent as die hard as ours we didnt win a world series in like 75 years was fenway packed hell yea giants never have a jam packed stadium and warriors arnt all that exciting either compared to celts you do have the 49ers tho one of the greatest franchises ever but one franchise cant carry a city

Incublime24
04-23-2010, 03:45 PM
i go to celtic red sox pat games all the time everytime i go full house i gaurenttee you giants warriors or 49ers dont have the same attendence as boston teams and thats a fact

boston is better then san fran lol we def have die hard fans you wear a yankee jersey in certain parts they will beat you up its intense here no joke..... but nothing against san fran its just that your fans arent as die hard as ours we didnt win a world series in like 75 years was fenway packed hell yea giants never have a jam packed stadium and warriors arnt all that exciting either compared to celts you do have the 49ers tho one of the greatest franchises ever but one franchise cant carry a city

Do you even have any idea what you're talking about when you spout off crap like this. You're speaking out of complete ignorance when you guarantee things and say things as a fact when its your opinion, and an uninformed one at that.

Just because we don't beat up our opponents' fans does not make us any less dedicated to our teams. We hate the Dodgers just as much as you hate the Yankees. Just because ESPN doesn't air our rivalry games every time they play each other doesn't mean our rivalry is any less significant. Ask any Giants or Dodgers fans about the other squad, and they will be just as passionate about the rivalry as you are about your rivalry with the Yankees.

I am not denying that Boston/New England has a good/dedicated/strong fan base. But to just sit in your corner of the country and say you're the best fan base and then guarantee our fan base out here isn't as good or as dedicated is so silly. It disproves your point more than it substantiates it.

You wonder why people outside of Boston don't care much for their fans or their teams? It's cause people like you think Boston is the center of the world and everybody else is second tier.

P.S. Try using a period in your rambling posts so that people reading them don't get a headache.

Ssshbliblibl00p
04-23-2010, 03:46 PM
I wasnt saying it as an attribute to Boston (even though Boston is home to some of the best Colleges and Universities in the world). I was just shocked that a foreigner thinks of San Fran as 4th when rattling off cities

San Fran is known as a better place to live than Boston.

While Boston is known to have amazing Colleges and Universities, its also known as being pretty corny.

But I do love the Cape in the summer.

Incublime24
04-23-2010, 03:48 PM

Actually, San Francisco is one of the more well-known cities around the world, believe it or not. I don't know how highly foreigners think of San Francisco when it comes to sports, but most people in other countries are very familiar with San Francisco as it is considered a world class city from a tourist standpoint.

Hellcrooner
04-23-2010, 03:50 PM

I think its probably bcause SF has some fame around the globe from the cultural point of view .

You always watch tv and see how there are programs bout Sf in the Sixities and the hippyes etc.

Then you see a program botu natural disasters or sience and you get teh Earthquak mentioned.

There are alsoa god amont of movies that featrue Sf etc etc.

Ive been to usa so i knwo its proably just the 7th ir 8th city in trms o size and wealth but for all those reasons it pops erlier tha nneeded in my head.

Oh i also love Boston the City its vey european.

Ssshbliblibl00p
04-23-2010, 03:51 PM

Hey tough-juice, get to know a comma.

I'll roll through Boston with a Johnny Damon authentic Yank jerzy. Get outta here with getting jumped crap. I watched a whole home stand in 3 different yank jerseys last season in some nice cushy monster seats, not a tough guy in site. You guys don't know what a bad neighborhood is lol.

Hellcrooner
04-23-2010, 03:53 PM
Actually, San Francisco is one of the more well-known cities around the world, believe it or not. I don't know how highly foreigners think of San Francisco when it comes to sports, but most people in other countries are very familiar with San Francisco as it is considered a world class city from a tourist standpoint.

Well from the sports point f view Sf has a name in the foregin countrys too i mean THe warriors with WILT and then Barry winning it all.
in the RUm tmc era they were also usualy broadcasted here in spain and ther was always a lot of Warriors merchandise.

And even if we dont follw here nfl AT ALL in the 80s Joe MOntanas sucess with 49ers got to make tv here too so i wodl say SF has a Name in terms of Sports globaly.

Ssshbliblibl00p
04-23-2010, 03:55 PM
I dare some Boston schmoe to walk into a neighborhood in the OAK on the wrong side of the street wearing a sox jerzy and see what happens lol. Talk about a bad neighborhood.

mikantsass
04-23-2010, 03:56 PM

I think its probably bcause SF has some fame around the globe from the cultural point of view .

You always watch tv and see how there are programs bout Sf in the Sixities and the hippyes etc.

Then you see a program botu natural disasters or sience and you get teh Earthquak mentioned.

There are alsoa god amont of movies that featrue Sf etc etc.

Ive been to usa so i knwo its proably just the 7th ir 8th city in trms o size and wealth but for all those reasons it pops erlier tha nneeded in my head.

Oh i also love Boston the City its vey european.

Hmm interesting stuff... I had no idea that San Fran as a city was so popular

Incublime24
04-23-2010, 03:56 PM
Well from the sports point f view Sf has a name in the foregin countrys too i mean THe warriors with WILT and then Barry winning it all.
in the RUm tmc era they were also usualy broadcasted here in spain and ther was always a lot of Warriors merchandise.

And even if we dont follw here nfl AT ALL in the 80s Joe MOntanas sucess with 49ers got to make tv here too so i wodl say SF has a Name in terms of Sports globaly.

That is awesome to know. The Bay Area is rich with history - both sports and culturally. I knew people from other countries were aware of the cultural history, but it's really cool to know that they also knew about people like Montana, Rice, Barry Bonds, and Wilt to name a few.

NortonMang
04-23-2010, 04:15 PM
You Boston fans had better be prepared to NEVER see the Pats win another Superbowl. They humiliated the league with those tapes (league looked at years worth of 'em for a week and said, "They got no advantage off 'em.........ha, ha. ) but what else could they do? Well the what else is gonna be like what happened to the Raiders after Al Davis caused Rozelle so much trouble. The NFL has a way of screwing over franchises and the Pats got tainted superbowl wins and everyone knows it. Being caught knowing what's coming cause you've studied their sideline signals is the end of the line for Patriot domination. Best thing to happen to Brady would be a trade to a team that has a chance. Pats got no chance no mas.

pnutzncandy
04-23-2010, 04:32 PM
dont forget that the bay area has some amazing schools also..UC Berkeley has been voted over and over as the best public college in the world...Stanford isnt a shabby private school in itself...and so many forget that san jose has a population over a million and its the technological center of the universe...how could anybody say detroit is a top market?are you serious?this is an area that supports 2 baseball teams and 2 football teams..most of the cities you all mention have trouble supporting a single team...the warriors have to be in the top 5 considering theyre popularity while being crap,the avg income per household in the bay area, and the 7.4 million possible fans that have money to spend on sports

BOSTON617
04-23-2010, 04:35 PM
Hey tough-juice, get to know a comma.

I'll roll through Boston with a Johnny Damon authentic Yank jerzy. Get outta here with getting jumped crap. I watched a whole home stand in 3 different yank jerseys last season in some nice cushy monster seats, not a tough guy in site. You guys don't know what a bad neighborhood is lol.

lol pls youtube it!!!!!!!! im just speaking the truth bro not liek im making this stuff up and tough juice your siting in the monster seats rolling around fenway im talking about dorchester roxbury hyde park places like that!!!! and i didnt know you were my english teacher i guess i fail :clap: and the monster seats are def the nice part of the park they are like box seats try sitting in the stands with a damon yankee jeresey homeslice;) and i never said i do it i can care less what team you root for lol yankees suck but not enough for me to waste my time and beat someone up i know ny is the same way its a rivalry if i went to ny decked out in sox stuff i am risking a beat down easy said and done with you tube it bi*tch

p.s look it up boston has a better fan base then san fran like it matters anyway all our teams are better then yours :p

goldenstater
04-23-2010, 05:14 PM

Why don't u back and check the Celtics attendence record before garnett Mister die hard before youbstart judging our fandom. Not so die hard as u might like to think about ur city. Its OK we are all a little bit bigger and better in our own heads. Get real man.

Ssshbliblibl00p
04-23-2010, 07:42 PM
lol pls youtube it!!!!!!!! im just speaking the truth bro not liek im making this stuff up and tough juice your siting in the monster seats rolling around fenway im talking about dorchester roxbury hyde park places like that!!!! and i didnt know you were my english teacher i guess i fail :clap: and the monster seats are def the nice part of the park they are like box seats try sitting in the stands with a damon yankee jeresey homeslice;) and i never said i do it i can care less what team you root for lol yankees suck but not enough for me to waste my time and beat someone up i know ny is the same way its a rivalry if i went to ny decked out in sox stuff i am risking a beat down easy said and done with you tube it bi*tch

p.s look it up boston has a better fan base then san fran like it matters anyway all our teams are better then yours :p

Again, the whole commas thing man, killin me here lol.

Point taken about the monster seats lol. I've sat in the stands in Boston a few times, people were more surprised to see minority there than dude with a yank jersey on. I've never seen a more cornball looking bunch of fans, almost as bad as the Philly fans I saw during the world series. Boston fans don't scare anybody and neither do the 2 neighborhoods the city stuck all the black people lol. I bet I could last longer there than you prob could with or without a yank jerzy on if you really wanna go there lol.

I don't need to Youtube a beantown beatdown lol, I already saw the Red Sox homestand against the rays last week. Talk about about a thrashing lol.

Ssshbliblibl00p
04-23-2010, 07:50 PM
Back on topic tho...Top 4 market is a tough argument to make for San Fran. As it stands 25 votes is a bit much. 98% GS fans I'm sure.

JayAllDay
04-24-2010, 01:07 AM

+1

Except for the Miami heat attendance numbers which are a bit more than 12,000 which would be less than the Nets. Honestly... nobody watched the Nets this year. Heat ain't that bad but their reported numbers indeed aren't impressive enough to warrant a top 5 or even 10.

So anyways Warriors fans are awesome. Knicks fans are awesome. Hawks fans can represent. Heat fans seem to represent themselves better on PSD than anywhere else it seems or possibly not even live there or been there.

IRUAM #21
04-24-2010, 08:59 AM
+1

Except for the Miami heat attendance numbers which are a bit more than 12,000 which would be less than the Nets. Honestly... nobody watched the Nets this year. Heat ain't that bad but their reported numbers indeed aren't impressive enough to warrant a top 5 or even 10.

So anyways Warriors fans are awesome. Knicks fans are awesome. Hawks fans can represent. Heat fans seem to represent themselves better on PSD than anywhere else it seems or possibly not even live there or been there.

Did you not read my post ??? Miami averaged 17,730 which is right in the middle of the league. Where did everyone get 12,000 ? :confused:

thescore53
04-24-2010, 09:14 AM
Did you not read my post ??? Miami averaged 17,730 which is right in the middle of the league. Where did everyone get 12,000 ? :confused:

yea and they all buy the cheap tickets and sit so far back , thats why the stadium looks empty at times

IRUAM #21
04-24-2010, 10:11 AM
There are no cheap tickets, Man :p

BOSTON617
04-26-2010, 08:53 AM
Again, the whole commas thing man, killin me here lol.

Point taken about the monster seats lol. I've sat in the stands in Boston a few times, people were more surprised to see minority there than dude with a yank jersey on. I've never seen a more cornball looking bunch of fans, almost as bad as the Philly fans I saw during the world series. Boston fans don't scare anybody and neither do the 2 neighborhoods the city stuck all the black people lol. I bet I could last longer there than you prob could with or without a yank jerzy on if you really wanna go there lol.

I don't need to Youtube a beantown beatdown lol, I already saw the Red Sox homestand against the rays last week. Talk about about a thrashing lol.

again you not my teacher im doin it now to piss u off :facepalm: first and for most waht team would you rather own boston celtics or gs celtics!!!!!!!!! giants or red sox...red sox lol :facepalm: and again pats and 49ers are equal right now but clearly are franchises are better lol barry bonds was the face of the giants and he was on steriods and bro i doubt ur as tough as u are on psd you bin a racist *** like all san fran ppl now instead of worrying about me worry bout ur yanks and suck a-rod

JayAllDay
04-26-2010, 10:57 AM

I think it's you who didn't read. I said Heat would have more fans than 12,000 because that would be worse than the Nets and nobody watched the Nets. I can draw a picture for you if you are still confused.

Yeah but you said it

17,730 = middle of a pack = nothing to brag home about

IRUAM #21
04-26-2010, 12:24 PM
I think it's you who didn't read. I said Heat would have more fans than 12,000 because that would be worse than the Nets and nobody watched the Nets. I can draw a picture for you if you are still confused.

Yeah but you said it

17,730 = middle of a pack = nothing to brag home about

True, my bad :o, It's nothing to brag about and there should be higher attendance, no doubt.

asandhu23
04-26-2010, 12:47 PM
again you not my teacher im doin it now to piss u off :facepalm: first and for most waht team would you rather own boston celtics or gs celtics!!!!!!!!! giants or red sox...red sox lol :facepalm: and again pats and 49ers are equal right now but clearly are franchises are better lol barry bonds was the face of the giants and he was on steriods and bro i doubt ur as tough as u are on psd you bin a racist *** like all san fran ppl now instead of worrying about me worry bout ur yanks and suck a-rod

Looks like Kikeyanez has competition. right and http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/articles/2009/07/31/ortiz_confirms_he_tested_positive_in_2003/

suck it *****.

and then you say this

i doubt ur as tough as u are on psd you bin a racist *** like all san fran ppl now

you do realize san francisco bay area is the most liberal area of USA right? plus way to put stereotypes.:clap::clap::clap:

and then you say this

first and for most waht team would you rather own boston celtics or gs celtics!!!!!!!!! giants or red sox...red sox lol

1. I want the Giants. Better team over the years. 2. Celtics don't deserve California. 3. You Bostoners should be grateful of Bay Area. Two of the most famous people in Boston grew up here: Tom Brady and Bill Russell. you should be thankful for all those championships you owe them.

Oh and if I remember correctly, Paul Pierce grew up in Oakland as well ( where the Golden State Warriors are )

and Ray Allen grew up in Merced...

cmacmath
04-26-2010, 01:55 PM
Yeah, my bad guys, pulled the 12,000 number outta my ***...wasn't providing concrete stats, just an exaggerated number...point being...their fanbase sucks, lol

Rosh
04-26-2010, 02:12 PM
Haha, oh poor Bay Area.

tredigs
04-26-2010, 03:03 PM
Haha, oh poor Bay Area.

Haha ^

The Bay Area's the 6th largest U.S. TV market, 4th largest Radio market, and the fans consistently come out in droves even when the team is not winning, simply because it's considered one of the liveliest places to watch a sports event in America (being home to many of the richest areas in the U.S. doesn't hurt, either). Whether or not it's a top 4 NBA market is debatable and inconsequential, but it's definitely among the largest. There's a reason why some of the richest men in the world are battling to spend nearly half a billion on the team, and I can assure you it's not out of pity. The team is lucrative, and if they're dedicated to winning like they did in the 07-08 season, they're going to sell out every game. I have a feeling that unlike the Cohan's, that's exactly what Ellison and the others plan on doing.

tdunk21
04-26-2010, 03:06 PM
golden state forum..../thread

JayAllDay
04-26-2010, 07:11 PM
golden state forum..../thread

Golden State fans already believe they are a top 4 market.

We are arguing whether or not Golden State is a top 4 market.

I don't know what you are reading at all but

You fail at /thread