PDA

View Full Version : Who now has the best shot at 1st Rd win, Jazz, Blazers or Spurs?

DenButsu
04-22-2010, 01:20 AM
All three of the DEN-UTA, PHX-POR and DAL-SAS series are now tied up 1-1.

Which team among the three lower seeds do you now think has the best chance of advancing to the second round?

JNA17
04-22-2010, 01:24 AM
more like which TWO will have the best shot at 1st round win.

I got spurs and utah winning. portland though goes bye bye :(

JayW_1023
04-22-2010, 01:25 AM
Yootaw

Raph12
04-22-2010, 01:25 AM
I like the Spurs, they've played well when healthy.

Jumba
04-22-2010, 01:43 AM
OooTaw

jimbobjarree
04-22-2010, 01:45 AM
I think/hope the Spurs and Jazz progress

tdunk21
04-22-2010, 01:47 AM
spurs and nuggets

Sadds The Gr8
04-22-2010, 01:58 AM
Chicago Bulls.

Joshtd1
04-22-2010, 02:28 AM
I'd have to go with Spurs since we are the healthiest. Utah, which is still a dangerous team..the injuries to AK47-Okur will be too much to overcome IMO. Same with Blazers..I just think missing their best player will be too much in the end.

ldc62
04-22-2010, 02:32 AM
Jazz and it ain't close. Spurs stole won, but Mavs will get one back.

Mavrix
04-22-2010, 02:59 AM
Jazz and it ain't close. Spurs stole won, but Mavs will get one back.

100% agree. Dallas will win game 3.

DenButsu
04-22-2010, 03:05 AM
I'd have to go with Spurs since we are the healthiest. Utah, which is still a dangerous team..the injuries to AK47-Okur will be too much to overcome IMO. Same with Blazers..I just think missing their best player will be too much in the end.

He's alive! :speechless:

Spurred1
04-22-2010, 03:07 AM
Spurs have the best chance. Blazers stole one in Phoenix probably because the Suns underestimated them and thought they would be easy pickings. Utah managed to steal one, but I don't think Fesenko (?) is going to adequately make up for Okur's absence over the long run. Granted, they are also missing Kirilenko, but they are probably used to not having him by now-since he's sort of injury prone. Boozer and Williams will have to play perfect games to win and Denver isn't going to go for that.

b_rad23
04-22-2010, 04:27 AM
^Then don't watch

GrumpyOldMan
04-22-2010, 07:59 AM
I got Utah. Denver has been fighting hard, but they haven't seemed right since Coach Karl left the team. Utah is a really tough team and even shorthanded I think they can win.

ragee
04-22-2010, 08:56 AM
Utah... People underestimate this team... Even if they don't have Okur and AK, they are still a good team... D-Will and Boozer are really a pain for the opponent... Add Milsap and the rest of the crew and that spells a good series against Denver... I want to be a homer and pick Blazers but without Roy, it will be tough... I don't want to underestimate the Suns but we still have a chance... If we get past them, we will have Roy back!

JasonJohnHorn
04-22-2010, 09:01 AM
No disrespect meant to the Jazz or Blazers. They both have great teams. But I gotta go with the Spurs, in part because the Jazz have Okur out and just dont have the depth in the front court to match Denver's depth or really make up for the loss of Okur for a seven game series, and because the Blazer, who have done a great job or playing through injuries, just dont have the players they need to pull a 7-game series over the Suns, although the Suns weak center position may be a big factor in the Blazer's favour, but with Roy, Big P, Oden, and now Batum out, I'm just not sure they have enough healthy bodies, and over seven games their weaknesses that crop up due to the limited bodies will become clearer and then exploited by Gentry.

The Mavs/Spurs: These guys are pretty evenly matched up, both ahve solid point guards, great power forwards, and a solid rotation on the wing (Ginobili, Mason, Jefferson vs. Terry, Marion Butler), and both are kinda weak at center, though I'd take McDyess over the guys the Mavs have got even if he's older, he's got a higher basketball IQ than anybody the Mavs have got in the front court outside of Dirk. But the kicker for me is that the Spurs have the better playoff coach and Pop will know how to exploit mis-matches.

MacFitz92
04-22-2010, 09:01 AM
Something you guys might seem to forget, is Dallas had the best road record in the NBA. I say Dallas wins the next 3 in a row, if they show up to play.

MacFitz92
04-22-2010, 09:05 AM
No disrespect meant to the Jazz or Blazers. They both have great teams. But I gotta go with the Spurs, in part because the Jazz have Okur out and just dont have the depth in the front court to match Denver's depth or really make up for the loss of Okur for a seven game series, and because the Blazer, who have done a great job or playing through injuries, just dont have the players they need to pull a 7-game series over the Suns, although the Suns weak center position may be a big factor in the Blazer's favour, but with Roy, Big P, Oden, and now Batum out, I'm just not sure they have enough healthy bodies, and over seven games their weaknesses that crop up due to the limited bodies will become clearer and then exploited by Gentry.

The Mavs/Spurs: These guys are pretty evenly matched up, both ahve solid point guards, great power forwards, and a solid rotation on the wing (Ginobili, Mason, Jefferson vs. Terry, Marion Butler), and both are kinda weak at center, though I'd take McDyess over the guys the Mavs have got even if he's older, he's got a higher basketball IQ than anybody the Mavs have got in the front court outside of Dirk. But the kicker for me is that the Spurs have the better playoff coach and Pop will know how to exploit mis-matches.

That just shows you how little you actually know about basketball. Dallas is probably the biggest team out there, and has one of the top five 1-2 punches at center the NBA has to offer. Damp + Haywood?

Wait, I'm reading more, McDyess over Haywood and Damp :facepalm:

DirkIsTheBest
04-22-2010, 09:57 AM
Something you guys might seem to forget, is Dallas had the best road record in the NBA. I say Dallas wins the next 3 in a row, if they show up to play.

:laugh::laugh2:
Keep dreaming. Spurs will win in 6.

Avenged
04-22-2010, 10:04 AM
:laugh::laugh2:
Keep dreaming. Spurs will win in 6.

:confused:

DirkIsTheBest
04-22-2010, 10:08 AM
I hate all these idiot Mavs fans, their ****ing team will never win a championship. And they will lose in the first round again this season.
Hopefully Dirk will leave this ****ing team at the end of season.

Avenged
04-22-2010, 10:17 AM
I hate all these idiot Mavs fans, their ****ing team will never win a championship. And they will lose in the first round again this season.
Hopefully Dirk will leave this ****ing team at the end of season.

Very few are alright.

So, you don't go for the Mavs? :confused:

DirkIsTheBest
04-22-2010, 10:27 AM
Very few are alright.

No, I am tired of this ****ing team and their ****ing owner. Cuban can never build a winning team so Dirk should leave Dallas if he wants a ring.
Mark ****ing Cuban :puke: will never win a championship.
Go Spurs!

ragee
04-22-2010, 11:29 AM

Weak at Center? Duncan is a PF on paper only... That guy is a center and he freakin killed us today!

td0tsfinest
04-22-2010, 11:29 AM
Either the Jazz or Spurs.

ragee
04-22-2010, 11:33 AM
No, I am tired of this ****ing team and their ****ing owner. Cuban can never build a winning team so Dirk should leave Dallas if he wants a ring.
Mark ****ing Cuban :puke: will never win a championship.
Go Spurs!

Does anyone agree with this guy on Cuban? I actually think he is in the top 5 owners in the league... Can any non-mav fan comment on this... I actually want to hear what others would say...

Dude, unlike you, Dirk has a little thing called loyalty... He is not going to leave the Mavs unless they want him to leave... He already said that...

:confused:

Very few are alright.

Pretty weird huh? Every time I see him comment with the Dirk name, avatar and sig, I would always assume he is posting a comment in favor of the Mavs and be shock to find out it is the complete opposite...

coloradobuff
04-22-2010, 11:42 AM
spurs

DirkIsTheBest
04-22-2010, 11:43 AM
Does anyone agree with this guy on Cuban? I actually think he is in the top 5 owners in the league... Can any non-mav fan comment on this... I actually want to hear what others would agree...

Dude, unlike you, Dirk has a little thing called loyalty... He is not going to leave the Mavs unless they want him to leave... He already said that...

What has Cuban done for this team in 10 years? How many titles has he won?
This team still has 0 titles and will never win one with Cuban. He doesn't know how to spend his money to build a championship team.
Dirk will leave Dallas if they lose in the first round again. He wants a ring.

Rocktober2009
04-22-2010, 11:44 AM
Does anyone agree with this guy on Cuban? I actually think he is in the top 5 owners in the league... Can any non-mav fan comment on this... I actually want to hear what others would agree...

Pretty weird huh? Every time I see him comment with the Dirk name, avatar and sig, I would always assume he is posting a comment in favor of the Mavs and be shock to find out it is the complete opposite...

As A Nugget's fan, I can't say I like Mark Cuban, but I respect him..in a weird backwards way. He's a fan of the game, and he isn't afraid to show emotion. What's wrong with that?

If I had the money to own a team, I have a feeling i'd be more like him. A fan, down there with the team and living it up. Not in a suit in a luxury box counting my money. You can say a lot about Mark Cuban, but you can never question how loyal he is to his team, and how much he loves the game of basketball.

DirkIsTheBest
04-22-2010, 11:46 AM

I'm not a Mavs fan, I'm a Dirk fan. I want Dirk to win a championship and I know that he is not going to win in Dallas so he should leave this team.

ragee
04-22-2010, 11:58 AM
What has Cuban done for this team in 10 years? How many titles has he won?
This team still has 0 titles and will never win one with Cuban. He doesn't know how to spend his money to build a championship team.
Dirk will leave Dallas if they lose in the first round again. He wants a ring.

I think I know where you are coming from... I have been frustrated by the Mavs too... But do note that there are 30 NBA teams... Out of 30, how may have won a championship? Cuban took this crappy team and turned in into a playoff contender... Sure, we missed an opportunity to win the championship against the Heat back in 06 but is it Cuban's fault that the team choked? He put on a good team man... We wouldn't have made it in the Finals if we weren't that good... Dude, we beat the elite teams (Spurs and the Suns) back then... And just look at how he shakes up the team and the team doesn't miss any beat... We started with the Nelson all offense system with the Big 3... Then we got Antoine and Antwan... Then the Big 3 was disbanded and the Mavs actually started playing defense with Avery... Then we got Kidd... Then Avery got fired and we got Rick... Now this season, we lost Howard, got Butler and Haywood... Could you name teams that had shake ups like that and have never missed the playoffs?

ragee
04-22-2010, 12:03 PM
I'm not a Mavs fan, I'm a Dirk fan. I want Dirk to win a championship and I know that he is not going to win in Dallas so he should leave this team.

I am a Dirk fan as well... I like the Mavs because of Dirk and not the other way around...

As A Nugget's fan, I can't say I like Mark Cuban, but I respect him..in a weird backwards way. He's a fan of the game, and he isn't afraid to show emotion. What's wrong with that?

If I had the money to own a team, I have a feeling i'd be more like him. A fan, down there with the team and living it up. Not in a suit in a luxury box counting my money. You can say a lot about Mark Cuban, but you can never question how loyal he is to his team, and how much he loves the game of basketball.

I don't think any Nugget fan would like Cuban... ;)

What is your opinion on what he did for the team though? Without the silly antics, is he a good owner?

Hellcrooner
04-22-2010, 12:08 PM
spurs .

I mean we already know Dallas has been upset in the first round with HC in the past and the spurs LIVE for this part of the season.

Cool007
04-22-2010, 12:09 PM
Utah definitely.

Hellcrooner
04-22-2010, 12:10 PM

What a pity being a player fan isntead of a team fan.

Anyway you are right in the point that Dirk Needs to wake up and smell the coffee , he is in his 30s he is not going to lead a team to the title.

TIme to do a KG/PAu and Join Wade in Miami or Lebron wherever he goes and win a ring as a second option.

He can opt out this season wich people seems to Forget.

DirkIsTheBest
04-22-2010, 12:14 PM
I think I know where yo are coming from... I have been frustrated by the Mavs too... But do note that there are 30 NBA teams... Out of 30, how may have won a championship? Cuban took this crappy team and turned in into a playoff contender... Sure, we missed an opportunity to win the championship against back in 06 but is it Cuban's fault that the team choked? He put on a good team man... We wouldn't have made it in the Finals if we weren't that good... Dude, we beat the elite teams (Spurs and the Suns) back then... And just look at how he shakes up the team and the team doesn't miss any beat... We started with the Nelson all offense system with the Big 3... Then we got Antoine and Antwan... Then the Big 3 was disbanded and the Mavs actually started playing defense with Avery... Then we got Kidd... Then Avery got fired and we got Rick... Now this season, we lost Howard, got Butler and Haywood... Could you name teams that had shake ups like that and have never missed the playoffs?

Cuban was lucky that he had Dirk, Nash and Finley when he bought the team. He has made many horrible decisions in these years. Losing Nash for nothing, getting Antoine Walker, Trading Devin Harris+2 first rounders for grandpa Kidd, losing Bass, hiring Carlisle:puke:, overpaying Ericka Dampier:facepalm:, signing Terry to a 6 year extension, signing Diop for a full MLE:facepalm: and many more mistakes. He doesn't know how to spend his money wisely and that's the main reason that this team is not going to win a title.

ragee
04-22-2010, 12:15 PM
What a pity being a player fan isntead of a team fan.

Anyway you are right in the point that Dirk Needs to wake up and smell the coffee , he is in his 30s he is not going to lead a team to the title.

TIme to do a KG/PAu and Join Wade in Miami or Lebron wherever he goes and win a ring as a second option.

Hey! Nothing wrong with being a player fan! Don't you like the Blazers because of Rudy? And Crooner, he already said the only reason he would opt out is to help the Mavs get another player...

Hellcrooner
04-22-2010, 12:18 PM
Hey! Nothing wrong with being a player fan! Don't you like the Blazers because of Rudy? And Crooner, he already said the only reason he would opt out is to help the Mavs get another player...

difference is i dont want portland to win it all because rudy is there Lakers are bigger than any player in the league for me ANY PLAYEr , if we get to S and t Pau for Lebron or Wade ill be the happiest laker fan out there for example.

DirkIsTheBest
04-22-2010, 12:19 PM

Agreed. Dirk is not going to lead a team to a title. he will be a fantastic second option alongside Wade or LBJ. Dirk will hopefully opt out of his contract and signs somewhere else:pray:.

ragee
04-22-2010, 12:19 PM
Cuban was lucky that he had Dirk, Nash and Finley when he bought the team. He has made many horrible decisions in these years. Losing Nash for nothing, getting Antoine Walker, Trading Devin Harris+2 first rounders for grandpa Kidd, losing Bass, hiring Carlisle:puke:, overpaying Ericka Dampier:facepalm:, signing Terry to a 6 year extension, signing Diop for a full MLE:facepalm: and many more mistakes. He doesn't know how to spend his money wisely and that's the main reason that this team is not going to win a title.

Do you really think letting Nash go was a bad thing? Nash and Dirk's careers thrived because they went their separate ways... Losing Bass was not his fault as well... It was Otis who screwed them over... The Kidd deal is really working out right... The only mistake he made in my opinion was giving Diop the MLE... However, where is the contract now? Matt Carrol's contract goes down every year and Hollins (the prick) is out of this team... And oh... Signing Erika Dampier was a good choice back then... The dude was averaging 12 12 a game... Who would have thought the he would peak that early...

ragee
04-22-2010, 12:24 PM
difference is i dont want portland to win it all because rudy is there Lakers are bigger than any player in the league for me ANY PLAYEr , if we get to S and t Pau for Lebron or Wade ill be the happiest laker fan out there for example.

Ok, I respect that but still... There is nothing wrong with being a player fan... I don't want to be a Laker fan just because I live in LA! I pick teams that I really like... I liked the Pistons during the Bad Boys Era, the Pacers during Miller's era... I like the Mavs because of Dirk. I like the Blazers because of Oden, Batum and Rudy I like the Magic because of Dwight. Pretty soon I might like the Jazz as well (because of D-Will and if Carlos "No Defense" Boozer leaves)...

DirkIsTheBest
04-22-2010, 12:35 PM
Do you really think letting Nash go was a bad thing? Nash and Dirk's careers thrived because they wet their separate ways... Losing Bass was not his fault as well... It was Otis who screwed them over... The Kidd deal is really working out right... The only mistake he made in my opinion was giving Diop the MLE... However, where is the contract now? Matt Carrol's contract goes down every year and Hollins (the prick) is out of this team...

Letting Nash go for nothing was a bad move, Nash could have have easily thrived in Dallas if we had a dominant big man like Amare but Cuban decided to sign Dampier instead of keeping Nash :facepalm:.
He should have kept Bass regardless of that Gortat deal, Bass was our best big man off the bench last season and he should have been kept. Dirk is playing way too many minutes this season because we don't have a backup PF.
Hiring Carlisle was his worst desicion imo. Rick Carlisle is one of the worst coaches I've ever seen in my life.
And this team could have been way better if we had Devin instead of grandpa Kidd.

ragee
04-22-2010, 12:42 PM
Letting Nash go for nothing was a bad move, Nash could have have easily thrived in Dallas if we had a dominant big man like Amare but Cuban decided to sign Dampier instead of keeping Nash :facepalm:.
He should have kept Bass regardless of that Gortat deal, Bass was our best big man off the bench last season and he should have been kept. Dirk is playing way too many minutes this season because we don't have a backup PF.
Hiring Carlisle was his worst desicion imo. Rick Carlisle is one of the worst coaches I've ever seen in my life.
And this team could have been way better if we had Devin instead of grandpa Kidd.

Ok, it looks like we are not going to agree on anything so maybe let's just leave it at that... I just want to comment on the Nash issue coz I really love the Nash-Dirk duo... Do you really think we could have won a championship with Dirk and Nash? Face it, the only way the Mavs can win a championship is if they play defense... How the F can you win a championship if you're two main guys don't play d? Nash got the MVP awards because he thrived in the D'Antoni system... I doubt he would have gotten that with the Mavs... Nash leaving was probably one of the best thing that ever happened to Dirk' career... He learned how to create shots for himself and not rely on his pg so much which he usually did when Nash was in Dallas...

Hawkeye15
04-22-2010, 12:45 PM
Spurs, since they are healthy, and better than their first round opponent when that happens. Game 1 was Dirk's game of his life (yes, I know he has had bigger games, but not that efficient), and the Spurs were still right there. And the Spurs handled them last night no problem. I think The Nuggets, and Suns win the other two series

JordansBulls
04-22-2010, 05:49 PM
Spurs. Mavs and Spurs is always good.

I prefer Denver to win over Utah mainly because they will be more competitive against the team they play in round 2.