PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to the Red Sox Forum!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

adamxc12
02-27-2006, 10:56 AM
to all new members that are red sox fans, introduce yourselves in here. yes that means you to the 6 guests that are viewing the thread. go set up an acct pronto

Towelie
02-27-2006, 03:14 PM
I'm kinda new so I'll start first....

I've been a Red Sox fan since I was 8 years old. I'm now 20 going on 21. The baseball park is like a place that I can go and forget about paying bills, where's my life going and so on.

I live in Niagara Falls, Ontario so I'm less then a hour away from Toronto I buy all 10 games in Toronto vs Boston. This year will be my first going to Boston to see a Red Sox game. Red Sox VS Philly in the infied Grandstand as well as out near the monster.

My Nickname at work is Fever Pitch like the movie becuase of how much I watch Baseball and the Red Sox.

Go SOX! :clap:

chas1234
02-27-2006, 04:57 PM
hey, i am a sox fan from Rhode Island, i am a freshman at franklin and marshall college in Penn. I am really sick of all these phili and pittsburg fans. I also miss WEEI so i needed a way to get my sox fix every day. So here i am. really excited about this season

adamxc12
02-27-2006, 05:07 PM
hey, i am a sox fan from Rhode Island, i am a freshman at franklin and marshall college in Penn. I am really sick of all these phili and pittsburg fans. I also miss WEEI so i needed a way to get my sox fix every day. So here i am. really excited about this season

go to weei.com and create an account there. you can listen to the radio live. that should solve your weei proble, i cant really help you with the pitt and philly fans tho

BillyBeane
02-27-2006, 05:22 PM
Hey, i've been on here for a few months but i guess I'm relatively new. I'm a 24 year old recent college graduate living in Rochester, NY and I'm a beer columnist. I'm pretty much in the heart of yankeeland but I've always been a red sox fan. My mom and her brother both went to college in Mass. When i was little he used to make me listen to Red Sox games and would always yell at me if i came over to his house with a yankees hat on. As far back as i can remember i have always loved the sox. It's tought living among so many yankees fans, although i did find a Red sox bar here and it's actually within walking distance.

Towelie
02-27-2006, 05:31 PM
Rochester I'm like 20 minutes from ya :)

americaspasttim
02-27-2006, 07:52 PM
go to weei.com and create an account there. you can listen to the radio live. that should solve your weei proble, i cant really help you with the pitt and philly fans tho
Don't tell him that, we want him to think this is the only Red Sox lace on the web :p Anyways, welcome chas, always good to have more Sox fans around...

-Lavigne43-
02-28-2006, 04:13 PM
Come on Guests JOIN!!!!!!!!!

patterson34
03-02-2006, 10:59 AM
I'm Mike. Pretty new here. I live in NH and I'm a young'n (only 15). I play baseball (P, 1B). That and watching/discussing baseball is essentially my entire life. I am in Florida right now, though, and I will be seeing Dontrelle start later today...hoorah!

americaspasttim
03-02-2006, 11:28 AM
I'm Mike. Pretty new here. I live in NH and I'm a young'n (only 15). I play baseball (P, 1B). That and watching/discussing baseball is essentially my entire life. I am in Florida right now, though, and I will be seeing Dontrelle start later today...hoorah!
Lucky...up here in NH its friggin cold. Wish I was in FL...

-Lavigne43-
03-02-2006, 12:36 PM
Its snowing here in CT...Lucky your probably going to the beach:mad:

patterson34
03-02-2006, 07:15 PM
Haha, when I left Logan on Sunday at 6AM it was 5 degrees..right now it's in the low 80's :D. It was a good game today, too. 6-4 Marlins. Dontrelle was very solid the first two innings but slipped up a little in the 3rd and they took him out. I met Hanley Ramirez for the second time now, except this time he was in a Marlins uniform.

twc_redsox
03-02-2006, 07:50 PM
I'm from St. Catharines, Ontario originally so I've only been to Fenway 6 times. I shouldn't say only because for a working stiff from Canada, six trips to Boston (seven actually. I was there in May of '84 on band exchange, but the Sox were in Cleveland) that ain't too bad.

My first game at Fenway was in August of '91 v. the Indians. Denis Boucher, Glenallen Hill and Hard-hittin' Mark Whiten (Don't ask me how the hell he ever earned that nickname) had just went from the Jays to the Indians for Turner Ward and Tom Candiotti. I remember Jays' fans *****ing about it for weeks before I left, and none cried more or harder than those crybaby radio sports reporters from Toronto.

I arrived in Boston during a hurricane and the game I was supposed to attend on the 20th was rained out. So being the doorknob that I am, I headed for the box office to see if I could get my money back. The guy in the wicket told me I should come back the next day for the doubleheader. I told him I was headed for Cooperstown and I had a very difficult time getting a hotel there in August. He just looked at me said, "Clemens is pitching the twilight."

That was all I needed to hear. I just looked at him with my eyes a little wide and said, "no ****?" He just smiled and winked at me.

I showed up early the next day to explore the area around Fenway. The weather was lousy the previous day, so I didn't get a chance to see much. I don't want to ramble, so I'll just tell you that Hesketh pitched the first game, and to be honest, I don't remember much about the game itself; I couldn't take my eyes of the park and I spent most of my time wandering around, being friendly (which I usually am anyways) so I could see us much of it as possible. I don't remember Boggs' triple (I was probably gawking at something) but I do remember Albert Belle's home run in the eighth.

Of course, the second game I will never forget. Clemens went seven innings, striking out nine and allowing eight hits. Not his best performance, but certainly not his worst.

Another thing about the game is I had the chance to see Steve Olin Pitch shortly before he was killed in that boating accident in Florida. He gave up 3 hits including a game winning home run To Boggs in the 9th.

Jodi Reed had a good night as well. He went three for four including a double and an RBI. Alex Cole had the best game with a lead off single and going three for four with two runs, an rbi and a stolen base, which of course, is what he got paid for.

When I got to Cooperstown, I slept in my car, but that's another story. :D

Thankful
03-02-2006, 09:26 PM
My name is Gary, and I live I Ocala Florida. I became a Red Sox fan when Fisk hit his home run in the 1975 world series. I remember as a kid setting up the back room of our house to look like the infield and pretending I was Fisk waving the ball fair. In the 30 yrs that Ive loved the Red Sox my heart has been broken, and it has rejoyced, it has hated(The Yankees), and it has loved(2004). The one thing that remaines constant is opening day, and the games to be played. Thank God for Carlton Fisk and his foul pole glancing home run, and a life time of Red Sox memories.

mooz
03-03-2006, 11:02 AM
My name's Josh aka Mez aka mooz. I have been slacking rediculously bad on my following and posting on this board but I'm going to try and fix that. All of you old school PSD'ers more than likely remember me but to the new guys, I just thought I'd introduce myself. Am I still a mod tho?

americaspasttim
03-03-2006, 12:48 PM
My name's Josh aka Mez aka mooz. I have been slacking rediculously bad on my following and posting on this board but I'm going to try and fix that. All of you old school PSD'ers more than likely remember me but to the new guys, I just thought I'd introduce myself. Am I still a mod tho?
Stick around man, you've been missed. And Yes I believe you are still a mod...

BillyBeane
03-03-2006, 01:28 PM
wow, i love this thread. It's so cool to actually read about where people are from and what there story is. It's pretty neat.

adamxc12
03-03-2006, 02:51 PM
my name is adam(pretty obvious, i know) im a freshman at UMass Amherst via the University of Central Florida. i started this thread and figured i might as well lay some of my info out to be fair. ive been going to this site almost religiously for like 3 years to find out what the red sox were doing and joined the boards in october.

mooz
03-03-2006, 03:00 PM
my name is adam(pretty obvious, i know) im a freshman at UMass Amherst via the University of Central Florida. i started this thread and figured i might as well lay some of my info out to be fair. ive been going to this site almost religiously for like 3 years to find out what the red sox were doing and joined the boards in october.

UMass Amherst? I've got some buddies that go there. I'm from Adams, MA.

Thankful
03-03-2006, 03:31 PM
I was in Gulf Port Miss. doing hurricane relief when I met this guy who was in the right field stands in St. Louis when the Red Sox won the world series. He told me that he met some people in the seats in front of him who were from the New England area. When there were two outs in the bottom of the ninth these people brought out a jar that was filled with ashes of family members who were Red Sox fans. Every year since 1921 as family members died some of their ashes were put into this jar. The story goes that when the Red Sox won the World Series the surviving members were to take the ashes and spread them accross the field when it was over.They had no idea it would take 86 years. I thought it was a great story and thought I would pass it along.

adamxc12
03-06-2006, 05:54 PM
so i see that there are 6 guests on this forum right now. come on fellas make an account!

redsoxlova
03-12-2006, 11:05 PM
Im Matt. Been a Sox fan since mid 1994. I've missed only 10 sox games on tv in 12 years. Im from Chicopee Mass. Mostly everyones a Sox fan here, no real competition from the Yankee fans. Excited about this year, expect a big ear out of Coco and Lowell, they're gonna be great from us.

-Lavigne43-
03-12-2006, 11:59 PM
Welcome! Nice to see more sox fans here...

bleedpinstripes
03-13-2006, 09:47 AM
Im Matt. Been a Sox fan since mid 1994. I've missed only 10 sox games on tv in 12 years. Im from Chicopee Mass. Mostly everyones a Sox fan here, no real competition from the Yankee fans. Excited about this year, expect a big ear out of Coco and Lowell, they're gonna be great from us.

Welcome aboard Matt.

10 games in 12 years? Don't you work? Day games alone you'd have to miss 10 games a year.

I'm the same way with the yanks never miss a game(when possible)...but thats quite an impressive record to boast. I mean no doctor's appointments? Weddings? etc.

adamxc12
04-05-2006, 05:19 PM
so i see there are 4 guests lookin at the sox board right now...cmon people make an account. its a good time and it costs nothing. chop chop you know you want to

usafcop64528
04-07-2006, 01:47 AM
Lucky...up here in NH its friggin cold. Wish I was in FL...
Friggin cold? Pu$$y:smoking:

NHDAVE
04-07-2006, 09:37 AM
so i see there are 4 guests lookin at the sox board right now...cmon people make an account. its a good time and it costs nothing. chop chop you know you want to

Sometimes I look at the board and forget to sign in......:badidea:

YanksFan4Life
04-07-2006, 10:59 AM
Hay mooz, welcome back yet again. :)

adamxc12
04-26-2006, 12:40 PM
Would any of the 9 guests on our board care to make an account today?

RedSoxtober
05-19-2006, 11:21 AM
RedSoxtober=Andy

I grew up in Reading, MA (15.5 mi from Fenway) and am old enough to remember watching the Sox on a rotary dial tuner TV that you hand to hang on to the antenna just to get a decent signal on a rainy saturday afternoon. I recall the "best doggone team in the land" commercials WSBK used to run, the Bucky ^%&*$ Dent game (which we watched on TV in my fifth grade class!). I was smack dab in the middle of Mets Mania in '86 -- I was a freshman at Cornell university and outnumbered about 98-2 watching the WS on a community TV. I was eating dinner at my sister-in-laws while watching Petey come in from the 'pen in the playoffs and '03 I felt like Aaron )(*^&(*&^(*&^ Boone shot my dog.

In '04 I infected my son with this Sox disease. We caught the next-to-last game of the season in BAL (my brother-in-law lives spitting distance from Camden). That game sealed the deal for him. In a 20x15 seat section of box seats the only two O's fans were my brother-in-law and nephew. My son cheered every pitch and got high-5's from everyone when the Sox scored. He can still tell you every play from the game.

Anyway, I'm now 38 and living in Greenville, SC -- home of the Sox mid-A affiliate Greenville Drive and their new West End Park home modeled on Fenway. By day I'm a programmer (C++, C#, Ruby) and I have an affinity for numbers which will probably be apparent soon enough... I've got a BS in Elec Engr from Cornell and a MS in Biblical Studies from Gordon-Conwell. Enough background?

Cheers,
Andy

adamxc12
05-19-2006, 12:26 PM
RedSoxtober=Andy

I grew up in Reading, MA (15.5 mi from Fenway) and am old enough to remember watching the Sox on a rotary dial tuner TV that you hand to hang on to the antenna just to get a decent signal on a rainy saturday afternoon. I recall the "best doggone team in the land" commercials WSBK used to run, the Bucky ^%&*$ Dent game (which we watched on TV in my fifth grade class!). I was smack dab in the middle of Mets Mania in '86 -- I was a freshman at Cornell university and outnumbered about 98-2 watching the WS on a community TV. I was eating dinner at my sister-in-laws while watching Petey come in from the 'pen in the playoffs and '03 I felt like Aaron )(*^&(*&^(*&^ Boone shot my dog.

In '04 I infected my son with this Sox disease. We caught the next-to-last game of the season in BAL (my brother-in-law lives spitting distance from Camden). That game sealed the deal for him. In a 20x15 seat section of box seats the only two O's fans were my brother-in-law and nephew. My son cheered every pitch and got high-5's from everyone when the Sox scored. He can still tell you every play from the game.

Anyway, I'm now 38 and living in Greenville, SC -- home of the Sox mid-A affiliate Greenville Drive and their new West End Park home modeled on Fenway. By day I'm a programmer (C++, C#, Ruby) and I have an affinity for numbers which will probably be apparent soon enough... I've got a BS in Elec Engr from Cornell and a MS in Biblical Studies from Gordon-Conwell. Enough background?

Cheers,
Andy

great to have you aboard andy/redsoxtober. i have a friend at cornell right now thats going for a double major in enviornmental and aeronautical engineering. im not sure if he's still alive...

be sure to head to those greenville drive games and tell us how those kids are doing

RedSoxtober
05-22-2006, 12:05 PM
great to have you aboard andy/redsoxtober. i have a friend at cornell right now thats going for a double major in enviornmental and aeronautical engineering. im not sure if he's still alive...

be sure to head to those greenville drive games and tell us how those kids are doing
Double major at Cornell Engr school? Good luck! Not a game I'd want to play anymore...

Combine cruddy weather with the academic stress and an ample supply of steep sided gorges... there's a reason why Ithaca, NY has the highest per-capita suicide rate in the nation.

adamxc12
05-22-2006, 01:38 PM
Double major at Cornell Engr school? Good luck! Not a game I'd want to play anymore...

Combine cruddy weather with the academic stress and an ample supply of steep sided gorges... there's a reason why Ithaca, NY has the highest per-capita suicide rate in the nation.

i talked to him on the phone yesterday because im still at UMass and he finished up the year and he said "i feel like i just had a labotamy and an enema at the same time".

RedSoxtober
05-23-2006, 12:00 PM
Ahh, the good ole days. :-)

bosoxfan
06-19-2006, 08:48 AM
Hey guys, Im back! well, it's not the old BoSoxFan, im actually his son... let me catch you up to speed...he used to talk of this place like family...
when he left...or the reason he left...was because he got a divorce from my mum and he just didnt have any time on his hands, and he asked me if i wanted the account... at the time i said no, but i was in school and didnt have time to devote, but that was quite a ways back... im out of school now and i'd really love to voice my opinion and it looks like some people that were here when my dad was here are still here so that's great!

adamxc12
06-19-2006, 09:03 AM
Hey guys, Im back! well, it's not the old BoSoxFan, im actually his son... let me catch you up to speed...he used to talk of this place like family...
when he left...or the reason he left...was because he got a divorce from my mum and he just didnt have any time on his hands, and he asked me if i wanted the account... at the time i said no, but i was in school and didnt have time to devote, but that was quite a ways back... im out of school now and i'd really love to voice my opinion and it looks like some people that were here when my dad was here are still here so that's great!

good to have you back but why not make an account for yourself?

bosoxfan
06-19-2006, 09:04 AM
i dunno...just kinda nostalgic, and plus... this has sooo many posts on it already... cant let them go to waste :)

adamxc12
06-19-2006, 09:08 AM
i dunno...just kinda nostalgic, and plus... this has sooo many posts on it already... cant let them go to waste :)

fair enough. you're not breaking any rules on user names or anything so welcome aboard bosoxfan 2.0.

we do a series thread for each series the red sox play, care to make one for the one against the nationals?

americaspasttim
06-19-2006, 10:14 AM
Welcome, your dad was a great poster here...

bosoxfan
06-19-2006, 11:11 AM
ok, i posted the matchups, etc. i hope its a good enough analysis...
and americaspasttim, thank you very much, im sure he would appreciate that, and hopefully i can be just as good if not better

americaspasttim
06-19-2006, 11:14 AM
ok, i posted the matchups, etc. i hope its a good enough analysis...
and americaspasttim, thank you very much, im sure he would appreciate that, and hopefully i can be just as good if not better
Tell him hi for me :clap: ...

bosoxfan
06-19-2006, 11:29 AM
i certainly will, he'll be psyched that im actually on this so that should be suprise enough alone, but i will definatly send him your salutations lol

adamxc12
07-21-2006, 07:59 PM
welcome to the red sox forum! all new members please introduce yourself in here so the rest of us can get to know you.

to all the guests, hopefully you'll make an account soon and join the discussion.

BoSox2212
07-23-2006, 04:34 PM
Hi I'm Sean, 17 years old from Rhode Island. Been a Hardcore Redsox fan for years. Got a signed rookie photo of Papelbon, by far my favorite player in baseball!

Cowboy Up
07-23-2006, 04:41 PM
Hi I'm Sean, 17 years old from Rhode Island. Been a Hardcore Redsox fan for years. Got a signed rookie photo of Papelbon, by far my favorite player in baseball!
Welcome to the forum. The only reason I'm making this (somewhat creepy) post is to comment that I'm 18, so we're close in age.

-Lavigne43-
07-23-2006, 04:45 PM
Welcome to the Red Sox forum. We are close in age as I am 18...

adamxc12
07-23-2006, 04:49 PM

nice to have you here. i'm 19...

Cowboy Up
07-23-2006, 04:53 PM
I have no idea why, but I thought each of you were older than you are. Like, mid-twenties

adamxc12
07-23-2006, 04:56 PM
I have no idea why, but I thought each of you were older than you are. Like, mid-twenties

i try and carry some degree of proffesionalism here because i'm a mod on two forums. that might be why. there are days though when i have urges to just post ridiculous ****.

americaspasttim
07-23-2006, 08:09 PM
welcome to the boards Sean, you get to hit up the Paw Sox games often?

bosox4416
07-24-2006, 01:15 AM
hey! i finnaly got on! all thanks to adamxc12.thanku so much!

-Lavigne43-
07-24-2006, 01:33 AM
Welcome to the Red Sox forum Bosox4416!
We have gotten so many new users today...

americaspasttim
07-24-2006, 08:49 AM
Welcome bosox, glad to have you on the boards...

Soxaholic34
07-24-2006, 12:23 PM
New to this forum, thought I'd say "hiya!" I'm a freakishly devoted Sox fan for all 35 years of my life. I taught my son almost from the day he was born that "Yankees" is a bad word.:D We travel all over the country(and Canada) to watch the Sox play...hey, it's cheaper than watching them at Fenway! We live in Maine, but originally from Mass.( it seems that most people that live in Maine are from Mass!) Anyhoo...glad to be a member and of course, GO SOX!:clap:

-Lavigne43-
07-24-2006, 12:48 PM
New to this forum, thought I'd say "hiya!" I'm a freakishly devoted Sox fan for all 35 years of my life. I taught my son almost from the day he was born that "Yankees" is a bad word.:D We travel all over the country(and Canada) to watch the Sox play...hey, it's cheaper than watching them at Fenway! We live in Maine, but originally from Mass.( it seems that most people that live in Maine are from Mass!) Anyhoo...glad to be a member and of course, GO SOX!:clap:
Welcome to the Red Sox forum Soxaholic34! Great to have you here...

captaintek33
07-24-2006, 05:15 PM

My daughter was saying 'Yankees Suck!' :clap: when she was 18 months old!!!!!!!!My mother-in-law loved that (not really:mad: ).

adamxc12
07-24-2006, 07:19 PM

welcome to the boards soxaholic. nice to have another red sox fan around.

Towelie
07-24-2006, 08:30 PM
Gotta love the new guys on the board.

-Lavigne43-
07-24-2006, 08:33 PM
Gotta love the new guys on the board.
Theres been like 5 in the past day. Is somebody spamming in other sites or something?

adamxc12
07-24-2006, 09:33 PM
Theres been like 5 in the past day. Is somebody spamming in other sites or something?

no. what happened was andrew stepped down as the forums administrator and wrigleyboy and sandman took over so andrew could focus more on the main site. the result has been a ****-ton more traffic to the site resulting in all these new users. and i'm sure us being in first place and the deadline approaching, more and more red sox fans are just sort of stumbling to this site.

BostonFan2007
07-24-2006, 09:39 PM
Another Mainer!

Cowboy Up
07-24-2006, 09:46 PM
It might be the time frame, I remember we had alot of activity when I first joined, early in the season after we won the series, mainly before the season, when I was merely a guest browsing the forums.

Soxaholic34
07-24-2006, 11:42 PM
I've had the rumors page on my desktop for almost 2 years, but like the dumb blonde I am, just noticed today that there were forums, so here I am!:rolleyes: :D

Vainglory07
07-29-2006, 08:32 PM
I'm a 21 year old male from Wakefield, MA who has and will always love the Red Sox. Am I the only one who wonders how is it possible to survive in the off-season when the Sox aren't playing practically everyday? Sure we have the Pats, but come on, that's once a week!

adamxc12
07-29-2006, 08:57 PM
I'm a 21 year old male from Wakefield, MA who has and will always love the Red Sox. Am I the only one who wonders how is it possible to survive in the off-season when the Sox aren't playing practically everyday? Sure we have the Pats, but come on, that's once a week!

welcome vainglory, nice to have you aboard.

if your trying to find a way to get through the offseason, there is no better place than this to pass the time.

-Lavigne43-
07-29-2006, 09:22 PM
Welcome to the boards Vainglory07! This site will definetly help you pass the time...

bosox4416
07-29-2006, 09:24 PM

welcome vainglory07... same here! its so hard to manage..lol
im 19 and from rockport mass

jaychamp
07-31-2006, 01:42 AM
Hey all!

I hail from Fort Myers, FL. Before that I have lived 28 of my 30 years in Billerica, MA and mostly in Conway, NH. I'm an all New England fan, but first and for most a Sox fan, and the Pats are a close second :)

dbroncos78087
07-31-2006, 02:00 AM
Have fun and make sure to look at the rules, most are common sense though so you should be fine.

Wrigleyboy25
07-31-2006, 02:01 AM
Hey all!

I hail from Fort Myers, FL. Before that I have lived 28 of my 30 years in Billerica, MA and mostly in Conway, NH. I'm an all New England fan, but first and for most a Sox fan, and the Pats are a close second :)
Welcome to the forums! Hope you enjoy posting here. The Red Sox have one of the more active of forums on PSD.

americaspasttim
07-31-2006, 09:43 AM
Hey all!

welcome aboard, good to have you. we could always use more Sox fans and definitely a few more Pats fans...

MacDiesel1128
08-01-2006, 12:13 AM
hey im a 22 yr old guy from revere mass.Im a major Sox fan Pats fan and Celtics fan. I used to like the Bruins until the strike.But anyways i love the sox and david ortiz(mvp) is the man.:D

Da King23
08-01-2006, 12:25 AM
15 yr old from wilmington

americaspasttim
08-01-2006, 09:06 AM
welcome guys, we also have a Pats forum here (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=96), be sure to check it out...

captaintek33
08-01-2006, 09:37 AM
Hey all!

Nice to meet you. I grew up in Berlin (BHS Class of '93-no 'old fart' jokes please!). I probably played some sport or another against you in High School. I'm 31.
Did you play baseball or soccer for Kennett High?

MrBosox78
08-01-2006, 02:22 PM
New to posting, but have been reading your boards for a while. I'm 27 years old and moved back to MA 6 years ago. I usually get to Fenway 2 or 3 times a year depending on how many times I feel like taking a loan out from the bank. I enjoy baseball facts, opinions and gossip so I figure I'll fit in well here.

Top 5 current Red Sox players:
1. Ortiz
2. Ortiz
3. Ortiz
4. Ortiz
5. Ortiz

PapelbonLester
08-01-2006, 02:30 PM
hey im 16 im from ct im prob the most obsesed farm system person you will ever meet. if i could i would trade my mom for a prospect lol but i live in ct and get to a couple games a year.. when ever i feel like breaking the law (cant drive with a friend) untill your 17 and going by urself isnt fun so w/e lol. i love lester and papelbon and ive loved em since i was like 14 and saw papelbon and lester pitch live. ( only 2 minor league games i ever went to) lol but i also would love to see bard or jason place but idk. well thats me and i love to talk about the sox and what they should do and rumors so thats why i registered for this

-Lavigne43-
08-01-2006, 02:38 PM
New to posting, but have been reading your boards for a while. I'm 27 years old and moved back to MA 6 years ago. I usually get to Fenway 2 or 3 times a year depending on how many times I feel like taking a loan out from the bank. I enjoy baseball facts, opinions and gossip so I figure I'll fit in well here.

1. Ortiz
2. Ortiz
3. Ortiz
4. Ortiz
5. Ortiz
Welcome to the Red Sox boards MrBosox78! Be sure to check out all the other forums too...

-Lavigne43-
08-01-2006, 02:39 PM
hey im 16 im from ct im prob the most obsesed farm system person you will ever meet. if i could i would trade my mom for a prospect lol but i live in ct and get to a couple games a year.. when ever i feel like breaking the law (cant drive with a friend) untill your 17 and going by urself isnt fun so w/e lol. i love lester and papelbon and ive loved em since i was like 14 and saw papelbon and lester pitch live. ( only 2 minor league games i ever went to) lol but i also would love to see bard or jason place but idk. well thats me and i love to talk about the sox and what they should do and rumors so thats why i registered for this
Welcome to the Red Sox forum PapelbonLester! I'm also from ct. Always good to have another poster who knows alot about the farm. Make sure you check out all the other forums here...

adamxc12
08-01-2006, 04:03 PM

1. Ortiz
2. Ortiz
3. Ortiz
4. Ortiz
5. Ortiz

welcome to the boards mrbosox. nice to have you around.

btw, it's pretty hard to argue against that list you have:)

adamxc12
08-01-2006, 04:03 PM

nice to have you aboard papelbonlester. good to have another farm junkie.

captaintek33
08-01-2006, 04:39 PM

Welcome to the boards. I like that you love the farm system so much. I just wish that your teachers would teach you punctuation and proper sentence structure so that we can all follow what you're saying more betterer.....:rolleyes: (partially joking)

Anyway, welcome aboard. It's good to have you.

PapelbonLester
08-01-2006, 04:55 PM
Screw You!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

captaintek33
08-01-2006, 05:02 PM
Screw You!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AAAh, see? Punctuation and Capitalization. I really got what you were saying that time. Thanks!

PapelbonLester
08-01-2006, 05:21 PM
Theres like 5 periods what do you mean there was no puntuation. There was no capitalization thats about it and who cares anyway im use to tying this way online to my friends.

captaintek33
08-01-2006, 05:31 PM
Theres like 5 periods what do you mean there was no puntuation. There was no capitalization thats about it and who cares anyway im use to tying this way online to my friends.

I'm just busting balls, my friend! Don't take it personally. Seriously, it is good to have you on the boards. You're obviously knowledgeable about the game, and passionate about the Sox. That's a good mix. I can see already that we're going to disagree on a few things, but that's what makes posting on this forum so much fun.

Welcome, and enjoy! If I offended you today, I apologize. Keep posting your unreadable rants. I'll do my best to decipher them, and then let you know my opinion.

americaspasttim
08-01-2006, 06:44 PM
welcome guys, good to have you here...

NHDAVE
08-01-2006, 10:22 PM
I'm just busting balls, my friend! Don't take it personally. Seriously, it is good to have you on the boards. You're obviously knowledgeable about the game, and passionate about the Sox. That's a good mix. I can see already that we're going to disagree on a few things, but that's what makes posting on this forum so much fun.

Welcome, and enjoy! If I offended you today, I apologize. Keep posting your unreadable rants. I'll do my best to decipher them, and then let you know my opinion.

lol. I think Cracker Jacks still offers "majickxs DeeKODer" rings?

redsoxti11
08-06-2006, 12:30 AM
hey im jeff from CT i love the redsox alex gonzalez is my favorite player but i wish nomar was still here. Ortiz is going to win mvp thats obvious.

adamxc12
08-06-2006, 12:36 AM
welcome to the boards jeff, nice to have another red sox fan.

-Lavigne43-
08-06-2006, 12:45 AM
Yeah, once again welcome to the Red Sox forum Jeff, nice to have another ct Red Sox fan...

dbroncos78087
08-06-2006, 12:45 AM
hey im jeff from CT i love the redsox alex gonzalez is my favorite player but i wish nomar was still here. Ortiz is going to win mvp thats obvious.

Have fun at the forum and also you should go to the main intro page. Get yourself a good Sox sig when you get up to 110 posts. Be careful and dont troll or anything. If you see something just remember you have friends here in the Sox forum. Also certainly someone here can make you a nice sig when you get there.

-Lavigne43-
08-06-2006, 12:47 AM
Yes, and I know my sig is nice but I didn't make it so don't ask me to make you a sig :D

americaspasttim
08-07-2006, 09:31 AM
Good to have you here...

captaintek33
08-07-2006, 09:51 AM
Have fun at the forum and also you should go to the main intro page. Get yourself a good Sox sig when you get up to 110 posts. Be careful and dont troll or anything. If you see something just remember you have friends here in the Sox forum. Also certainly someone here can make you a nice sig when you get there.

Can someone make me a sig? I never got a sig! I'm running of 'not so obscure' Red Sox names...........

I'd like my sig to have a nostalgic feel to it.......Dwight Evans! Yeah, Dewey. my boyhood idol. I freakin' love Dewey!

adamxc12
08-07-2006, 10:40 AM
Can someone make me a sig? I never got a sig! I'm running of 'not so obscure' Red Sox names...........

I'd like my sig to have a nostalgic feel to it.......Dwight Evans! Yeah, Dewey. my boyhood idol. I freakin' love Dewey!

theres a forum where you can ask for a sig. post what you want in there.

08-21-2006, 01:00 PM
Hi :)

YanksFan4Life
08-21-2006, 01:15 PM
Hello.

-Lavigne43-
08-21-2006, 01:17 PM
Howdy

bosox4416
08-21-2006, 05:33 PM
what its is foo

Cowboy Up
08-21-2006, 07:50 PM
Hi :)

I really like your username. Reminds me of better times when I wasn't suicidal.

08-22-2006, 01:50 AM
Haha thanks, that was my intention :p

dbroncos78087
08-26-2006, 03:28 PM
Haha thanks, that was my intention :p

Good simple, yet meaningful.

Shaiza
08-30-2006, 03:20 PM
Hey guys, I am Andy from Westborough, Massachusetts. I am a die hard Red Sox fan. I love the discussions here and I hope I get to know you guys a little better. Red Sox fans unite!

p.s. I am going to Fenway on Friday! Score!

Cowboy Up
08-30-2006, 05:25 PM
Yo.

adamxc12
08-30-2006, 07:09 PM
Hey guys, I am Andy from Westborough, Massachusetts. I am a die hard Red Sox fan. I love the discussions here and I hope I get to know you guys a little better. Red Sox fans unite!

welcome to the boards andy! i have family out in westborough, its a nice little area.

captaintek33
08-31-2006, 06:01 AM
Hey, Andy! Welcome. Hey is your user name the German word for ****? (#2, to make it clear for all of you after the language filter gets a hold of this post!:D )

I know that is how it is pronounced, but I don't know how to spell it. Was that your intention? If so, that's awesome!:clap: :clap: :rock:

dbroncos78087
09-03-2006, 09:20 PM

Hey welcome to the forums, have fun and nice name.

WilyMo#22
09-05-2006, 06:58 PM
Hey guys:

I've been reading all your posts for 3 or so months, and now I've finally decided to join...I'm a 13 year old, die-hard Red Sox fan, from Canada. At 13, I've already been to Fenway 6 times! I'm also a hardcore baseball player....I was the starting SS/2B on the Canadian representatives in the 2004 Little League World Series...That's all I've got....

Go Sox Go!

RedSoxtober
09-05-2006, 09:03 PM
Welcome aboard, WilyMo22. Wish we were kicking around a better season... I was up in Calgary at the beginning of July (week before Stampede). Great place. Be sure to check in with Towelie, a fellow Canadian in the Niagra/Toronto area.

bosox4416
09-05-2006, 09:56 PM
Hey guys:

I've been reading all your posts for 3 or so months, and now I've finally decided to join...I'm a 13 year old, die-hard Red Sox fan, from Canada. At 13, I've already been to Fenway 6 times! I'm also a hardcore baseball player....I was the starting SS/2B on the Canadian representatives in the 2004 Little League World Series...That's all I've got....

Go Sox Go!

welcome!
i played in the llws too! (like 6 or 7 years ago haha)
we sucked but i was there! haha

MrBosox78
09-05-2006, 11:31 PM
Hey guys:

Go Sox Go!

Welcome, Glad to see people joining even in hard times... Go Sox!

lanigan119
09-05-2006, 11:41 PM
Hey guys, I'm Ryan from Brockton Massachusetts...I'm pretty into the Sox but probably not as diehard as all of you. But I still know some things. I was actually wondering if anyone could make me a signature. I've been looking for a good sports forum for over a year and I think I found one.

Talk to you guys later.

MrBosox78
09-05-2006, 11:43 PM
Hey guys, I'm Ryan from Brockton Massachusetts...I'm pretty into the Sox but probably not as diehard as all of you. But I still know some things. I was actually wondering if anyone could make me a signature. I've been looking for a good sports forum for over a year and I think I found one.

Talk to you guys later.
You can get a sig after 100 posts... which doesn't take long after some of our discussions.. .. Once you hit 100 PM me or post on the sig forum and someone will make you one..

Welcome aboard.. Hope your a good luck charm and the Sox peel off 25 straight.

TotallySox9097
09-07-2006, 08:57 PM
Hey whats up. die hard red sox fan, ive been really busy of late (:cry: crying in my room as timlin gives up the winning run:cry: ) and never got the time to sign up finnaly got to as you can see. from jersey, Major Yankee territory, but jerseys Red Sox nation is growing, most yankee haters, but glad too be see you on the forums
:eyebrow:

o and i forgot, dont know how, saturday im goin to fenway 5th row behind the red sox dugout HURRAH!!!!!!! first time im not under the scoreboard got tickets from my boss, yankee fan but likes the red sox???? confusing but had a wedding so he gave um to me hurrah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dbroncos78087
09-08-2006, 08:32 AM
Well come, keep growing Red Sox nation in yankee land. Have fun and keep posting.

MrBosox78
09-08-2006, 09:12 AM
Hey whats up. die hard red sox fan, ive been really busy of late (:cry: crying in my room as timlin gives up the winning run:cry: ) and never got the time to sign up finnaly got to as you can see. from jersey, Major Yankee territory, but jerseys Red Sox nation is growing, most yankee haters, but glad too be see you on the forums
:eyebrow:

o and i forgot, dont know how, saturday im goin to fenway 5th row behind the red sox dugout HURRAH!!!!!!! first time im not under the scoreboard got tickets from my boss, yankee fan but likes the red sox???? confusing but had a wedding so he gave um to me hurrah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome, who's pitching Saturday? Either way, I hope they win for your sake.

Keep the faith down they're you're brave.

lookalargebee
09-24-2006, 08:24 PM
Hey, I'm John from Brockton Massachusetts. I'm a big Sox fan. Basically Id like a place to voice my opinion and to hear others opinions about the Sox, this seems like a nice place to do such. :D

Cheers
John

lanigan119
09-24-2006, 08:28 PM
Hey, I'm John from Brockton Massachusetts. I'm a big Sox fan. Basically Id like a place to voice my opinion and to hear others opinions about the Sox, this seems like a nice place to do such. :D

Cheers
John

Welcome John. I'm from Brockton too! We'll have to catch up for a cup of tea sometime?

Haha.

MVPOrtiz201
09-27-2006, 04:42 PM
Hey my name is Ian. I live in Manhester New Hampshire. I'm 16 and attending school at Central High School. I havent lived here all my life but once I moved here I loved the red sox and have never stopped since.

lanigan119
09-27-2006, 05:47 PM
Hey my name is Ian. I live in Manhester New Hampshire. I'm 16 and attending school at Central High School. I havent lived here all my life but once I moved here I loved the red sox and have never stopped since.

Welcome Ian.

Hope you can bring some thoughtful insight for the....offseason? haha

MrBosox78
09-27-2006, 08:53 PM

Cheers
John
Welcome aboard. Typically we don't welcome people from Brockton here..;)

Nice screenname...good to have more Sox fans aboard.

Maverick8
09-27-2006, 08:59 PM
Wats up guys? My names Guido I live in Cranston, Rhode Island and I am big Sox fan as well as a big fan of all the NE teams.

bosox4416
09-27-2006, 09:15 PM
Wats up guys? My names Guido I live in Cranston, Rhode Island and I am big Sox fan as well as a big fan of all the NE teams.

welcome to the forums!:clap:

adamxc12
09-28-2006, 12:50 AM
Welcome to all the new members.

TotallySox9097
10-02-2006, 12:58 AM
Hi

CTsoxFAN
10-05-2006, 11:43 PM
Hey all fellow Red Sox fans. My name's Roger, and I'm from Norwich, CT. I've been checking out this forum for over a year and finally got a log-in. I'm a huge Red Sox fan, as well as Pats, and Celtics. I don't watch Bruins that much, but, heck, I'll cheer for them, lol. Looking forward to sharing my views and opinions, as well as reading all of yours. Cheers!

MrBosox78
10-05-2006, 11:50 PM
You must be a true fan to join now. Welcome and don't worry, the Bruins will be worthy of cheering this year.

WilyMo#22
10-06-2006, 04:19 PM
Bruins suck...Go Sens Go!!!:D

-Lavigne43-
10-06-2006, 04:36 PM
The Bruins = :hopeless:

captaintek33
10-06-2006, 04:42 PM
Bruins suck...Go Sens Go!!!:D

Yeah, whatever. Thanks for Chara, btw.

WilyMo#22
10-06-2006, 04:50 PM
Yeah, whatever. Thanks for Chara, btw.

You treat him well down there....such a nice guy...even better player..I've met him so many times, he knows me by name, lol.:D

panterastang
10-09-2006, 02:28 PM
Hi my name is matt Im from Hartford area Connecticut and I have been a red soxaholic for 11 years.

hiiiiii mattttt:clap:

RedSoxRok34
10-16-2006, 01:27 PM
hi Im sean. grew up in NH, but now Im going 2 college in rochester, ny. no its not yankee country. actually i kinda wish it was cuz at least then there'd be other baseball fans out here. this is all about hockey and college football, and i couldn't care less about either. anyway im a diehard sox fan since around 2002. also root for the mets (insert "enemy of my enemy is my friend" mentality here) and the marlins (cuz that's who i rooted for when i was a little kid and didnt really care about baseball). anyway, im going to college for criminal justice, and want to be a cop. a good cop, not like the moron who pulled me over thursday for going 37 in a 35. other interests: star wars, rock-basic 20 yr old stuff:D

adamxc12
10-16-2006, 02:26 PM
hi Im sean. grew up in NH, but now Im going 2 college in rochester, ny. no its not yankee country. actually i kinda wish it was cuz at least then there'd be other baseball fans out here. this is all about hockey and college football, and i couldn't care less about either. anyway im a diehard sox fan since around 2002. also root for the mets (insert "enemy of my enemy is my friend" mentality here) and the marlins (cuz that's who i rooted for when i was a little kid and didnt really care about baseball). anyway, im going to college for criminal justice, and want to be a cop. a good cop, not like the moron who pulled me over thursday for going 37 in a 35. other interests: star wars, rock-basic 20 yr old stuff:D

Nice to have you here, welcome to the boards.

MrBosox78
10-16-2006, 03:11 PM
:cry: :cry: :mad: :box:

The Bruins = :hopeless:

Welcome to all the new guys..

bosox4416
11-08-2006, 05:59 PM
1000 posts!!!!

:clap: :dance2: :rimshot: :cheer: :bow: :rock: :cheers: :cool: :D :smoking:

MVPOrtiz201
11-08-2006, 09:19 PM
Congradulations!

bosox4ever
11-13-2006, 04:37 PM
Hello, I am new here. It's nice to be in good company alongside loyal members of Red Sox Nation.

adamxc12
11-13-2006, 04:50 PM
Hello, I am new here. It's nice to be in good company alongside loyal members of Red Sox Nation.

Welcome to the boards!

bosox4ever
11-13-2006, 04:51 PM
Thank you Adam.

btw, I am also a fan of Mr. Wakefield.

MVPOrtiz201
11-13-2006, 05:57 PM
welcome, always like to here what other people have to say about our Red Sox.

bosox4ever
11-13-2006, 07:03 PM
Thank you for the warm welcome.

Tragedy
11-16-2006, 10:14 AM
Hello everyone.

Some of you may already know me, as I've made some posts the last few days. I just thought I'd drop a quick hello to the rest of the Red Sox fans here.

americaspasttim
11-16-2006, 10:22 AM
Hello everyone.

Some of you may already know me, as I've made some posts the last few days. I just thought I'd drop a quick hello to the rest of the Red Sox fans here.

Welcome to the forum...:clap:

usafcop64528
11-16-2006, 11:08 AM
Hello everyone.

Welcome to the forum

redsox4life2434
11-16-2006, 07:10 PM
I'm from Vermont and i am just 14 years old but i love Boston and have a passion for baseball. I know more than you think a 14 year old would know.

Tragedy
11-16-2006, 07:45 PM
I'm from Vermont and i am just 14 years old but i love Boston and have a passion for baseball. I know more than you think a 14 year old would know.
Well, good for you. Keep posting and contributing and make us see how much you know.

UNHRedSox
11-16-2006, 08:01 PM
Whats going on. Im a 20 year old (4 months til 21;) ) college student at the University of New Hampshire but originally im from Manchester, NH. I've been a huge fan of the red sox since i was born, and thought i'd provide some input instead of just reading what everyone else has to say. Good to be a member

adamxc12
11-16-2006, 08:24 PM
Whats going on. Im a 20 year old (4 months til 21;) ) college student at the University of New Hampshire but originally im from Manchester, NH. I've been a huge fan of the red sox since i was born, and thought i'd provide some input instead of just reading what everyone else has to say. Good to be a member

Nice to have you here, welcome to the boards.

bleedsREDforevr
11-16-2006, 11:20 PM
I'm 30 and from PA livin in Buckeye AZ. I don't a miss of Sox Ball living so far away, in fact, I love that the sox come on at 4:00 most of the time. Fenway is a sanctuary and a place to become overwhelmed with joy. My last visit was July 15, 2005 when the Sox whipped the Yanks 17-1 with a Nixon inside the parker. They lost the series 3-1 but I saw a whopper of a game. My name is Jason.:9/11: :9/11:

americaspasttim
11-16-2006, 11:25 PM
Glad to have you Jason. Where exactly is Buckeye? I used to live in Apache Jct. a while back...

Tragedy
11-17-2006, 02:44 PM
I'm 30 and from PA livin in Buckeye AZ. I don't a miss of Sox Ball living so far away, in fact, I love that the sox come on at 4:00 most of the time. Fenway is a sanctuary and a place to become overwhelmed with joy. My last visit was July 15, 2005 when the Sox whipped the Yanks 17-1 with a Nixon inside the parker. They lost the series 3-1 but I saw a whopper of a game. My name is Jason.:9/11: :9/11:
Damnit. Poor Melky Cabrera. He got such a terrible look on that ball. I'm pretty sure he got sent down within the next day or two after that.

Welcome!

MrBosox78
11-17-2006, 09:48 PM
Lot of new guys lately. Good to see them starting threads and contributing with some good insight/info/opinions. Welcome all. Check out the other forums too... :cough: Bruins :cough:

bosox4416
11-17-2006, 09:50 PM
Just wanted to say i was 4-4 with 3 homeruns last night:smoking: :D

doomsdork9
11-20-2006, 07:31 PM
new to da forums,i have surfed the forums lately and i think that
da redsox is a great one!

cocossox
11-20-2006, 08:10 PM
new to da forums,i have surfed the forums lately and i think that
da redsox is a great one!welcome!

Thelfman
11-20-2006, 09:11 PM
<-- I'm in the same boat, and new to the PSD forums overall.

cicerosox
11-23-2006, 11:45 PM
I am a 41 year old Red Sox fan stuck in central New York who wears his Red Sox hat proudly regardless of the season.

WhyDuquette
11-25-2006, 10:54 AM
new from CT diehard fan only 14 so not that much heartbreak reading ur posts for about a year

Kriff
11-25-2006, 12:37 PM
16yo red sox fan from boston, this forum is great

usafcop64528
11-25-2006, 05:09 PM
Welcome guys, I'm sure you are gonna enjoy it here. :smoking:

-Lavigne43-
11-25-2006, 11:21 PM
Welcome, make sure you check out all of the other forums.

bosox4ever
11-26-2006, 09:33 AM
Always good to hear everyone's opinions...

DeadEyes
12-02-2006, 03:39 PM
Just to put some spahhrkk in our engines, we need a big name like Matzuzaka. I don't care if Fenway becomes Yen-way...we need all the help we can mustard. Maybe we'll be sellin egg roles at the games instead...of hotdogs, I don't care. Sapporo on draft too!:)

adamxc12
12-02-2006, 04:06 PM
Just to put some spahhrkk in our engines, we need a big name like Matzuzaka. I don't care if Fenway becomes Yen-way...we need all the help we can mustard. Maybe we'll be sellin egg roles at the games instead...of hotdogs, I don't care. Sapporo on draft too!:)

I love egg rolls, lets get that **** selling. I need to disagree with you on the Sapporo though, Kirin Ichiban is a superior beer.

Welcome to the boards.

MVPOrtiz201
12-02-2006, 04:14 PM
I'm Japanese I welcome all the Japanese food, would love to see egg rolls at Fenway. Anyways welcome DeadEyes.

bosox4ever
12-03-2006, 09:36 AM
^^^Egg rolls would be freakin awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Plus, John Henry will do anything for more money in sales. Bring on the egg rolls!

Hawaiiansoxfan
12-10-2006, 02:29 PM
Hello all...My name is Scott, go by Hawaiiansoxfan. I am a Marine, born in Lebanon, NH. I am currently in Iraq for the third time and stationed in Hawaii. I love reading others opinions and point of views, but hate to see some of the rudeness. Let's enjoy the game, and pray for a solid 2007 season by the Red Sox.

bosox4416
12-10-2006, 03:13 PM
Hello all...My name is Scott, go by Hawaiiansoxfan. I am a Marine, born in Lebanon, NH. I am currently in Iraq for the third time and stationed in Hawaii. I love reading others opinions and point of views, but hate to see some of the rudeness. Let's enjoy the game, and pray for a solid 2007 season by the Red Sox.

welcome,and thank you for serving our great country!

Clemson Ranger
12-11-2006, 03:15 PM
Hello fellow Red Sox fans!!!

I am originally from New Jersey but left the state for college and the Army. Right now I am stationed in Hawaii so I look forward to having some people to talk about the Red Sox with.

terriblemente69
12-11-2006, 03:48 PM

I am originally from New Jersey but left the state for college and the Army. Right now I am stationed in Hawaii so I look forward to having some people to talk about the Red Sox with.

Welcome :hatsmile:

BoSox2212
12-11-2006, 06:01 PM
This may be a stupid question, but how many posts till I can get a sig?

bosox4416
12-11-2006, 07:00 PM
This may be a stupid question, but how many posts till I can get a sig?

100,but yur probably going to have to wait until 110 or something..

americaspasttim
12-11-2006, 07:01 PM

Welcome Ranger, good to have you here...

ccspence8
12-14-2006, 06:02 PM
Egg Rolls!!!

RedSoxtober
12-14-2006, 09:54 PM
Clemson Ranger. Did you get from NJ to HI by way of Clemson? I'm assuming that b/c of your user name. If so, greetings from Upstate SC. I'm a transplant from MA, but married a nice SC girl and have a diehard Clemson in-law family (father-in-law got his MA/PhD there and brother-in-law got BA in Arch ~'94).

Irishmanguy
12-17-2006, 04:52 PM
I am new and I like it here and im staying haha and thank you Hawaiinsoxfan for serving our country

bosox4ever
12-20-2006, 11:06 AM
Welcome all new Sox fans. Thanks for supporting the greatest team around.

MVPOrtiz201
12-20-2006, 02:21 PM
I second that anyday!

papi4prez
12-20-2006, 09:40 PM
hey everyone i am new to psd and thought I would introduce myself. I live in Maine and am a diehard red sox fan as well as the patriots. I am a senior in high school and this summer I was lucky enough to throw out the first pitch at the redsox v. rangers game.

terriblemente69
12-20-2006, 09:55 PM
Welcome ;)

adamxc12
12-20-2006, 10:06 PM
hey everyone i am new to psd and thought I would introduce myself. I live in Maine and am a diehard red sox fan as well as the patriots. I am a senior in high school and this summer I was lucky enough to throw out the first pitch at the redsox v. rangers game.

Wow, who did you kill to get to do that?

Welcome to the boards, too.

MVPOrtiz201
12-21-2006, 03:13 PM

Awesome. Good to meet you.

redsoxboi
12-28-2006, 06:55 PM
dude thats tight, i guess i better introduce myself, i was new to PSD forums about 2 1/2 months ago, i live in new mexico, and yea there is some red sox nation out here.lol. but i am also a senior in high school and i am the closer and first baseman. i guess the only cool thing about me is that i have yet to give up more than a double to a batter throughout my high school life and that i set the record for triples in a season and homers also. 11 triples and 10 home runs. oh yeah my dad also had a chance to pitch for the pirates also.thats it about me.

bosox4ever
12-30-2006, 01:34 PM
welcome.

Bosox Believer
01-03-2007, 03:03 PM
Hello all. Just joined today, but I have been viewing PSD for a year and a half or so. I wanted to say that this thread inspired me to register, so that's cool. I'm 27, from Mid-coast Maine, own a small business. I could have been the second baseman for the Sox, except I suck. Now I'm on to plan B.

bosox4ever
01-03-2007, 04:19 PM
^^^Welcome. What took you so long to join?

Bosox Believer
01-03-2007, 06:37 PM
I was here for the news and rumors pages, but you can only stare at the same headlines for two or three hours before the jones-ing started back up. Found my way to the Forum, the rest is recent history.

usafcop64528
01-03-2007, 09:41 PM
I could have been the second baseman for the Sox, except I suck. Now I'm on to plan B.

LMAO

Welcome man:cool:

quiksilver2491
01-06-2007, 08:42 PM
welcome everybody to the forums. sox all the way in 07.

chriskb11
01-21-2007, 01:23 PM
Hey, I've followed PSD for the news and rumors for a while now, and had started reading the forums a couple a while ago too. Just a matter of time before I joined and let my stupid opinions fly.

terriblemente69
01-21-2007, 01:25 PM
Welcome man :smoking:

tabs
01-22-2007, 10:25 PM
im new to this whole thing but im glad to be a part of the red sox forum.( i may look like a blue jays fan but im a red sox fan, i needed to put the blue jays logo up to apologize for a mistake i made.)

bosox4ever
01-24-2007, 06:02 PM
well, welcome.

No Pie Here
01-30-2007, 05:10 PM
Been coming to this site for a couple of months and finally decided to register...born and raised in Canada, but been a Sox fan for as long as I can remember (30 odd years ago...gets blurry around the 19th year for some reason). I think I was 7...I think. Been to Fenway twice...and only once to see a game that got rained out WAAAAAAY back in the Oil Can days.

bosox4ever
01-30-2007, 05:52 PM
Welcome. Always good to see more fans here to talk about our favorite team.

BosoxPapi61
01-30-2007, 05:55 PM
Always love the Sox

bosox4ever
01-30-2007, 05:56 PM
You gotta.

DirtDogs4Life
02-10-2007, 03:18 PM
i rly got into the red sox when i saw how hard some of the players played like billy mueller and trot nixon and now jonathan papelbon, thats how u r supposed to play ball, and thats how i play

YankeeFan28
02-12-2007, 03:12 AM
Redsox fans, join PSD if you would like to talk Redsox baseball! It should be an exciting season. Click here to register. (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/register.php) When you get here, tell us about yourself. If you are already a member here, let's learn a little about you as well.

1. Location:
2. Favorite Current Redsox:
3. Favorite Former Redsox:
4. Other teams in the MLB you root for?:
5. Other sports you enjoy? What other sporting teams do you root for?:
6. Anything else you care to share?:

sboyajian
02-12-2007, 08:44 AM
Favorite Current Red Sox: Varitek
Favorite Form Red Sox: Yastrzemski
Other Teams: At one time I also supported the Twins.. but that was because I liked Kirby Puckett.
Other Sports/Teams: Patriots.. of course..

adamxc12
02-12-2007, 11:08 AM
1. Newburyport/Amherst, Massachusetts
2. Tim Wakefield
3. Tim Wakefield
4. None really, If I had to choose I'd take the Mets
5. Patriots, Celtics, Bruins
6. I'm a Business Administration major at UMass-Amherst and a Red Sox and Celtics mod

BIG D
02-12-2007, 11:10 AM
1. Location: Arlington, TX
2. Favorite Current Redsox: David Ortiz
3. Favorite Former Redsox: Roger Clemens
4. Other teams in the MLB you root for?: Rangers, Cardinals
5. Other sports you enjoy? basketball, football, hockey What other sporting teams do you root for?: Mavs, Cowboys, Stars
6. Anything else you care to share?: can't think of anything

MVPAP1
02-12-2007, 11:32 AM
1. Location: Billerica, MA
3. Favorite Former Redsox: Williams
4. Other teams in the MLB you root for?: None
5. Other sports you enjoy? What other sporting teams do you root for?: Patriots

xcrunner05
02-12-2007, 11:35 AM
1. Location: Stillwater, OK (formerly Beverly, Mass)
2. Favorite Current Redsox: Hard to say, Jon Papelbon
3. Favorite Former Redsox: Kevin Millar
4. Other teams in the MLB you root for?:I kinda care about the braves, i lived in atlanta when they won the world series in '95
5. Other sports you enjoy? What other sporting teams do you root for?: running, i ran Track and Cross Country for Ok state for three semesters, but i couldnt stay healthy at 80 mi a week so i quit, swimming, beach volleyball, college football, im a Norwich Canaries fan in Championship League soccer

terriblemente69
02-12-2007, 05:33 PM
1. Location: Vina del Mar/ Chile
2. Favorite Current Redsox: Manny Ramirez
3. Favorite Former Redsox: Ted Williams
4. Other teams in the MLB you root for?: Astros
5. What other sporting teams do you root for?:Packers/Pacers/Colo Colo (chilean soccer team lol)

-Lavigne43-
02-12-2007, 05:39 PM
Redsox fans, join PSD if you would like to talk Redsox baseball! It should be an exciting season. Click here to register. (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/register.php) When you get here, tell us about yourself. If you are already a member here, let's learn a little about you as well.

1. Location:
2. Favorite Current Redsox:
3. Favorite Former Redsox:
4. Other teams in the MLB you root for?:
5. Other sports you enjoy? What other sporting teams do you root for?:
6. Anything else you care to share?:

How come you didn't answer any of them? ;)

YankeeFan28
02-12-2007, 06:18 PM
How come you didn't answer any of them? ;)

lol

WinnerNotWhiner
02-12-2007, 07:18 PM
MVPAP1 im from billerica too

SCsoxfan
02-12-2007, 07:32 PM
lived in south carolina my whole life but all my family is from maine so i was just born being a sox fan, have to listen to games on internet because all you get down here in the south is the freakin braves.

-Lavigne43-
02-12-2007, 07:35 PM
1. Location: Billerica, MA
3. Favorite Former Redsox: Williams
4. Other teams in the MLB you root for?: None
5. Other sports you enjoy? What other sporting teams do you root for?: Patriots

MVPAP1 im from billerica too

lived in south carolina my whole life but all my family is from maine so i was just born being a sox fan, have to listen to games on internet because all you get down here in the south is the freakin braves.

Welcome guys! You found a great site. Glad to have you here.

YankeeFan28
02-12-2007, 07:38 PM
Fruits of my labor?!?! and 3 more sox fans sign up :mad:

Welcome guys!

Thelfman
02-12-2007, 07:57 PM
Haha :clap:

adamxc12
02-12-2007, 08:19 PM
Fruits of my labor?!?! and 3 more sox fans sign up :mad:

Welcome guys!

I don't care if you want to go with a check in thread, if you think it'll work better then feel free to make it again.

And those welcome threads are just a pain in the *** to make aren't they:D

YankeeFan28
02-12-2007, 08:26 PM
I don't care if you want to go with a check in thread, if you think it'll work better then feel free to make it again.

And those welcome threads are just a pain in the *** to make aren't they:D

haha no it's not that.

just 3 sox fans signing up in one day lol jk

RedSoxtober
02-13-2007, 09:38 AM

I'm in Greenville, where are you?

DMan77
02-14-2007, 11:35 AM
deleted

RedSoxtober
02-14-2007, 01:57 PM
^^^ What's this got to do with "Welcome to the Red Sox Forum"?

beantownBasher3
02-14-2007, 05:42 PM
yeah whats the point of this!?

Cadaverdoggs
02-14-2007, 08:18 PM
sorry i accidentally posted twice....my message is below

Cadaverdoggs
02-14-2007, 08:19 PM
Hey guys whats up, i've been postin in here for awhile, and i've never actually come in here and introduced myself to fellow Dirt Doggs.

I'm from the Springfield,MA area and have been a Red Sox fan all my life but really following them since approx. 1992-93 or so maybe about 12 years or so, when i was like 9 and 10 i liked them but i didn't know baseball the way i do now. I started my Red Sox religion with guys like Boggs, Clemens, Tony Pena, Tim Naehring, Mo, Valentin, Greenwell etc.. Then during the days of Rich Garces, Tim Wakefield, Haselman, Stanley, Wil Cordero, Darren Bragg, O'Leary and Tinsley, thats when i started loving baseball. So now at age 25 i'm a diehard fan. My favorite player is Tek and Papelbon, i got a ton of respect for my fellow BoSox fans, you guys are the best fans in the world, for any club, in any sport, period. Thee Best!!!!

BIG D
02-25-2007, 08:50 PM
Edit: Whoops, sorry already posted my intro to the forum.

bosox4ever
02-26-2007, 04:17 PM
Welcome all. Good to see all the love for the Sox.

NICKLEPLATED
03-24-2007, 12:39 AM
have been reading these threads here and there for a couple months. finally joined today. born and raised in wisconsin. my family moved here from Springfield, Mass before is was born and was raised a sox fan. and i must say that sox fans as a whole are far more intelligent than most fans around. but the reason i actually joined today was because i got sick of what packer fans were saying on PSD made the rest of packer fans sound ********.

BlackMage
03-24-2007, 01:39 AM
have been reading these threads here and there for a couple months. finally joined today. born and raised in wisconsin. my family moved here from Springfield, Mass before is was born and was raised a sox fan. and i must say that sox fans as a whole are far more intelligent than most fans around. but the reason i actually joined today was because i got sick of what packer fans were saying on PSD made the rest of packer fans sound ********.

Welcome aboard...

Juggynuts
03-24-2007, 10:29 AM

more intelligent? I'm a die hard Phils fan, But I like the sox, I just didn't realize it made me more intelligent. I think that could quite possibly be one the dumbest statements ever! What makes a sox fan more intelligent? I have friends and family in Boston, I've been to more Sox games growing up than most people. But, I was raised a Phillies fan. Can I be Intelligent?

I think your story is made up, and you're really one of those fair weather college kids that piss away mommy and daddy's money at Fenway by taking up all the seats that should be reserved for real sox fans?

RSF1977
03-26-2007, 10:31 AM
Hey Guys,
New to the boards
I've been reading posts since the end of last season and I figured it was time to put in my 2 cents. :rolleyes: That's gonna be all my comments are worth.
I'm from Bristol "home of ESPN" and I have been a sox fan since 86.
Looking forward to the debates!

terriblemente69
03-26-2007, 11:50 AM
Hey Guys,
New to the boards
I've been reading posts since the end of last season and I figured it was time to put in my 2 cents. :rolleyes: That's gonna be all my comments are worth.
I'm from Bristol "home of ESPN" and I have been a sox fan since 86.
Looking forward to the debates!

Welcome :clap:

bosox4ever
03-26-2007, 12:32 PM
Welcome aboard my friend. Always good to have people to talk Sox with.

RedSoxtober
03-27-2007, 09:05 AM
more intelligent? I'm a die hard Phils fan, But I like the sox, I just didn't realize it made me more intelligent. I think that could quite possibly be one the dumbest statements ever! What makes a sox fan more intelligent? I have friends and family in Boston, I've been to more Sox games growing up than most people. But, I was raised a Phillies fan. Can I be Intelligent?

I think your story is made up, and you're really one of those fair weather college kids that piss away mommy and daddy's money at Fenway by taking up all the seats that should be reserved for real sox fans?

Ah, now there's camaraderie. Thanks for enlightening us. Nothing quite like trashing someone in the "Welcome" forum Mr. Phils Fan.

ivan07
03-28-2007, 07:20 PM
New here joined a couple weeks ago, decided to step up and communicate!

GO SOX 2006 WORLD CHAMPIONS!

ivan07
03-28-2007, 07:20 PM
I Mean 07

LilRhodyNiners
03-28-2007, 07:48 PM
whats up guys? im 22 and from rhode island.........i go to rhode island college

been a sox fan since birth, favorite players are ortiz, man-ram, wily mo pimpin', papelbon, schill, and beckett...

other teams i root for are the 49ers and pats in football, celtics in basketball, also the lakers cuz kobe is my favorite player, the bruns in hockey....also getting into nascar lately

i play in the rhode island men's amatuer baseball league 3b and of, also play in various basketball leagues throughout the year...

very glad to have joined this site and be able to chat with sox fans from all over!!!!

shawness88
03-28-2007, 07:59 PM
hey fellow sox fans, i stumbled onto this site a few days ago and it seems like a great place to discuss our boys... looking forward to it

-Lavigne43-
03-28-2007, 08:54 PM
Welcome glad to have you here!

Shaiza
04-14-2007, 09:54 PM
yeah it's a very nice environment, the best in any forum out there IMO

redsoxgirl28
04-16-2007, 10:34 PM
Hi everyone! I just found this forum today, but I am a huge Red Sox fan. My name is Renee and I live in New England....raised into the Sox. I'm excited to finally find a website that is dedicated to open discussions with fellow Sox fans!!

d-matsuzaka
04-16-2007, 10:39 PM
welcome to the forums... i guess your the 1st redsox girl that uses this forums = )

redsoxgirl28
04-16-2007, 10:44 PM
welcome to the forums... i guess your the 1st redsox girl that uses this forums = )

Oh really?? Yeah, a lot of people are completely taken back by my pride and love for the Sox.

haha I love your Signature photo. I was actually a part of that dumb "pizza fight"

d-matsuzaka
04-16-2007, 10:45 PM
haha i was at the game... i have season tix on the green monster... it was hysterical.. i saw the replay on nesn with remdog and orsillo crying and going insane of weirdness by that throw.

-Lavigne43-
04-16-2007, 10:46 PM
Welcome glad to have you here.

redsoxgirl28
04-16-2007, 10:48 PM
haha i was at the game... i have season tix on the green monster... it was hysterical.. i saw the replay on nesn with remdog and orsillo crying and going insane of weirdness by that throw.

Yeah I was there too, we were sitting right by that guy and the idiot that threw the pizza was trying to throw it at Orlando because it interferred with him catching the ball. They had the Channel 5 News Cameras down there 5 minutes later and everything, we ended up getting beer spilled everyone on us b/c they were fighting about it. It really was funny, and the guy laughed about it after the others got kicked out.

I think that was the highlight of my game today lol

d-matsuzaka
04-16-2007, 10:49 PM
hah its pretty random but funny

u go to alot of games or casual few?

redsoxgirl28
04-16-2007, 11:19 PM
No, we go to a lot of them. My fathers company gets season passes and we end up taking half of them.

d-matsuzaka
04-16-2007, 11:20 PM
cools ever sat on the monster ? better seats then the crampy fenway seats everywhere else

redsoxgirl28
04-16-2007, 11:25 PM
No, we havent. My dad wants to, we just havent....yet.
We obvioulsy had the field box down by the Left field, I liked those except for the fact it was cold; but it was still a fun day :)

d-matsuzaka
04-16-2007, 11:26 PM
glad u had fun!

Frozen Nets Fan
04-23-2007, 10:19 PM
Hello everyone...I'm here in Alaska but for one year I lived in Hull and Sharon...the only major league baseball game I saw was Sox / Yanks the year Maris set the home run record....dating myself huh? I've been a Sox fan ever since tho there are years I don't follow as closely as others. I'm also a Angels fan in baseball.... Nets and Suns fan in basketball....and I'm not tellin in football cuz my teams are WRETCHED now days....but I must say this last weekend was a pretty gratifying sports weekend for me. I look forward to reading and occasionally writing here...glad to meet you all.

RedSoxtober
04-24-2007, 07:32 AM
I'd guess you're our senior member. No doubt we'll benefit from you years of wisdom. Welcome to the forums!