PDA

View Full Version : Odens future b/c of Camby

Don Starks
04-21-2010, 03:00 PM
how do you think the 2 year 20 million dollar contract Marcus Camby just signed with the trail blazers will affect Greg Oden?

do you think he will become available? do you think it takes pressure off of him if they keep him (Oden)? its a lot of money to throw at camby, who will most likely not sit on the bench as soon as Oden gets back. what do you guys think?

ballpd05
04-21-2010, 03:13 PM
Blazers gave up on him. I think they'll keep him, but he has to prove he can stay on the court before he can crack someone's rotation.

shen
04-21-2010, 03:18 PM
Joel is gonna be moved, Oden will be kept, No one in Portland or the Blazers staff has given up on him. Camby will help tutor him, would people please stop with making assumptions with out looking at any of the facts.

shen
04-21-2010, 03:21 PM
Sorry if I was a little rude in my first reply, just get tired of the "professional analysts" making assumptions that are WAY off. Simple fact is Blazers nor there fans would go back to change the pick. We did not need someone like Durant, we needed defense and rebounding. Oden gives us that and before the injury was showing he could be a 20 and 10 center. Yes the injury is disappointing, but with Camby helping him and teaching him he will be fine.

*Superman*
04-21-2010, 03:22 PM
10mill a year?

ElMarroAfamado
04-21-2010, 03:25 PM
Camby is that good when given the chance and its amazing how he can affect a game defensively....its whether he stays healthy thats going to be the issue here..

Raph12
04-21-2010, 03:26 PM
Pryzbilla will be moved, Oden will stay and challenge Camby for minutes.

abe_froman
04-21-2010, 03:29 PM
Pryzbilla will be moved, Oden will stay and challenge Camby for minutes.
this.

keeping camby is insurance if oden goes down with injuries..yet again

cardinals1226
04-21-2010, 03:31 PM
The Blazers will let him test free agency when his contract is up after next year and he will sign with the Pacers.

tredigs
04-21-2010, 03:32 PM
It's a GREAT choice by the Blazers. He gets to learn under one of the best defensive and highest IQ centers the game has ever had, and won't be forced to come in and play big minutes. He'll be able to gradually work in to the rotation at a comfortable pace. Gotta remember that Camby is closer to 40 than 30, so it won't be a big deal for him to start losing significant minutes to Oden over the next two years if his progress finally comes to fruition.

shen
04-21-2010, 03:32 PM
They will let his contract expire and if he stays healthy enough they will match what ever offer he gets.

Korman12
04-21-2010, 03:36 PM
Keep Oden, move Pryzbilla like everyone else said. I know the first few years haven't gone exactly as planned, but you don't forgo an investment like Oden after a rash of early-career injuries.

Not yet, at least.

cardinals1226
04-21-2010, 03:37 PM
They will let his contract expire and if he stays healthy enough they will match what ever offer he gets.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Pacers tried hard to get him. They have about $45 million coming off the book and need some talented big guys. Bringing home a hometown player would definitely bring fans back.

shen
04-21-2010, 03:39 PM
Might not be a home town player if team does not get help from city. The team is willing to move, I think would be wrong, hated it when happened to Sonics.

GrumpyOldMan
04-21-2010, 03:41 PM
Camby and Oden should be able to share both minutes and DL stints. Both can be great defenders and rebounders, but both get more than their fair share of injuries.

xbrackattackx
04-21-2010, 03:41 PM
Camby will start and Oden will still play about 25-30 mins A night if he finds healthiest.

shen
04-21-2010, 03:47 PM
I would also point out Oden had 11 points, 8 boards, 2 blocks, and shoots 60%. Also, he did that in 24 minutes of play, mainly because of foul trouble. I still wish the Blazers would higher Patrick Ewing to help as he did with Dwight. If Oden can keep fouls down and stay healthy he can easily be a 20 and 10 center.

smith&wesson
04-21-2010, 03:49 PM
ODEN ? whos that ?
lol
i feel for the kid but dudes like mr glass.

and 10 mill a year is way too much for camby who is also injury prone.

xbrackattackx
04-21-2010, 03:50 PM
I would also point out Oden had 11 points, 8 boards, 2 blocks, and shoots 60%. Also, he did that in 24 minutes of play, mainly because of foul trouble. I still wish the Blazers would hire Patrick Ewing to help as he did with Dwight. If Oden can keep fouls down and stay healthy he can easily be a 20 and 10 center.

Fixed

cardinals1226
04-21-2010, 04:07 PM
Might not be a home town player if team does not get help from city. The team is willing to move, I think would be wrong, hated it when happened to Sonics.

The Pacers aren't moving. Let's end that discussion now.

ElFuturoDeESPN
04-21-2010, 04:11 PM
Przybeasta's contract is up at the end of the year if I'm not mistaken, so it will be just Oden/Camby to split time at Center. Camby gets priority as starter until Oden's knees proves it can handle an 82 game season.

ldc62
04-21-2010, 04:12 PM
They should trade Oden if they can get some good value back. They should maybe draft a center next year.

NortonMang
04-21-2010, 04:13 PM
Sorry if I was a little rude in my first reply, just get tired of the "professional analysts" making assumptions that are WAY off. Simple fact is Blazers nor there fans would go back to change the pick. We did not need someone like Durant, we needed defense and rebounding. Oden gives us that and before the injury was showing he could be a 20 and 10 center. Yes the injury is disappointing, but with Camby helping him and teaching him he will be fine.

Yea, who needs a guy who is going to be in mvp and goat conversation every year?

Hellcrooner
04-21-2010, 04:15 PM
oden wont heal fully balzers will give up on him and not resing hi,

Then Thnuder will take a chance onhim and he will masicaly get superhelathy and becoem the dominant forces he was suppsoed to be teaming u with DURANT everyone in portland will go nuts!!!!!

:D

Joke.

shen
04-21-2010, 04:17 PM
Because would have messed with chemistry, we had no use what so ever for him. We did not need offense, we needed defense, rebounding, and low post presence. He never would have developed like he had if he had come here. He would not have gotten the minutes or been the focal point. He would be FAR below where he is now, could give the pick a billion times and would not change.

Joels deal has one more year, he has a early termination clause, but he wont use it given he would not get near as much money from signing with a team.

NortonMang
04-21-2010, 04:20 PM
Because would have messed with chemistry, we had no use what so ever for him. We did not need offense, we needed defense, rebounding, and low post presence. He never would have developed like he had if he had come here. He would not have gotten the minutes or been the focal point. He would be FAR below where he is now, could give the pick a billion times and would not change.

Joels deal has one more year, he has a early termination clause, but he wont use it given he would not get near as much money from signing with a team.

You overlook one thing. Durant is an awesome talent which you obviously cannot recognize.

hgtiger32
04-21-2010, 04:22 PM
haha durant and oden...lol

but lets look back on that draft-if celtics win that lottery they take oden. sonics still prolly take durant BUT sonics prolly don't trade Allen + draft pick-turned out to be Glen Davis i think to celtics for jeff green. celtics are left with a lineup of Oden, Jefferson, Pierce, SG, Rondo.

just something to ponder

shen
04-21-2010, 04:25 PM
You over look the fact he needed to be on a terrible team so he could be the focal point and up his game or lose. I recognize his talent, he is a top player, but if he had come to Portland he would have not gotten the chance or opportunity he needed to become as good. I think Thunder was the perfect team for him. He had to either learn fast, get tough, and develop new moves or he would have taken many more years to accomplish less.

Oden for Portland was the best pick for everyone involved. Problem is to this point he has not been given proper instruction with his development. Camby can help him develop defense and intensity. However he needs someone else to help with awareness, fouls, and offensive tool box.

Raoul Duke_91
04-21-2010, 04:49 PM

:facepalm:
I hope you dont seriously believe that....

EVERYBODY needds someone like durant. Hes one of the elite players in the league amd a guy who can get you straight buckets. Roy/Durant/Camby/Aldridge is a hell, a HELL of alot better then your team with Oden. Its not even close so dont lie to yourself. Ya'll ****ed up. Durant is a superstar, and Oden is a question mark. **** happens, as a bulls fan trust me....(see Tyrus Thomas)

king4day
04-21-2010, 04:51 PM
As Shen said, they'll likely move Pryzbilla.

I realy expect Oden to come off the bench to start next year and perhaps even be their 6th (big) man. This way, less burn on the knees and he has a lot less pressure on him.

king4day
04-21-2010, 04:52 PM
:facepalm:
I hope you dont seriously believe that....

EVERYBODY needds someone like durant. Hes one of the elite players in the league amd a guy who can get you straight buckets. Roy/Durant/Camby/Aldridge is a hell, a HELL of alot better then your team with Oden. Its not even close so dont lie to yourself. Ya'll ****ed up. Durant is a superstar, and Oden is a question mark. **** happens, as a bulls fan trust me....(see Tyrus Thomas)

He's right actually.
Their need was a big man and if Oden was healthy, they would be elite.

Roy and Durant are similar players. Both score. So how would you play them?

Hindsight says Durant but in terms of need, and what any other team in the league would have done (except maybe Orlando)? It was Oden.

Raoul Duke_91
04-21-2010, 04:53 PM

Durant just has what it takes man. Some players got it some dont. Dont even kid yourself, with the amount of talent Durant has of course he would still devlop. He might not win the scoring title, but he'd still be awesome. BTW Oden is not even close to a low post presence, that implys offense. He was not much of an offensive player, that was the part of his game that needed all the work. Sry... but the thought of Greg Oden dominating you on the low post, isnt scaring anyone.

Raoul Duke_91
04-21-2010, 05:00 PM

Durant just has what it takes man. Some players got it some dont. Dont even kid yourself, with the amount of talent Durant has of course he would still devlop. He might not win the scoring title, but he'd still be awesome. BTW Oden is not even close to a low post presence, that implys offense. He was not much of an offensive player, that was the part of his game that needed all the work. Sry... but the thought of Greg Oden dominating you on the low post, isnt scaring anyone.

shen
04-21-2010, 05:16 PM
It does not matter how much you score if you can't stop the other team. I point to the Warriors as evidence of that. Durant is a phenom and will do many great things, but we had a bigger need.

JasonJohnHorn
04-21-2010, 06:37 PM
That is a lot of money to throw at Camby, WOW!!! And he is no spring chicken either, but he's a work horse on d efence, and knows how to clean the glass. So next year he will be 36 and the year after 37. Will he still be posting the numbers he's posting now? And will he be healthy? We are talking about a guy who has never played 82 games in his entire career and who has missed close to twenty or more games 10 of his 13 seasons! That is a lot. And considering that Oden and Przybilla were both injured this year and have had significant injuries in the past, I'm not sure this will help matters. I mean, between the three centers they have, they have combined for a total of one 82 game season out of the twenty-six combined seasons they've each been in the league. That is not a promising number.

Still, Camby knows how to clean the glass and defend, and having a vet like that around to tutor Oden may be a great move in the long run if Oden is ever to fill his potential.

This will certainly give the Trailblazers the deepest center rotation in the league (all three guys would be starters on most other NBA teams) but I'd be concerned about injuries.

mikantsass
04-21-2010, 07:15 PM
Camby will be a great mentor for Oden. He is a seasoned veteran big man with a similar game to Oden. I think this is good news for oden not bad news

ChiSox219
04-21-2010, 08:51 PM
Hinrich to Portland, Billa to Toronto, Bosh to Chicago makes a lot of sense if Bosh is leaving.

Hawkeye15
04-21-2010, 08:52 PM
Blazers signed Camby for insurance,and because they dont plan on extending Joel. Pretty simple

amoore87
04-21-2010, 08:58 PM
he's staying no1 wants his injury prone *** right now anyway

Ethix11
04-21-2010, 09:05 PM
even though oden looks older, cambys on his way out of the league so in 2 years they may not even have a center if they dealt him.

SirCalvin81
04-21-2010, 09:06 PM
thats alotta money to throw around

asmarks18
04-21-2010, 09:11 PM
Any good team has 2 solid guys who can play the 5. He wont be available but if some calls they'll listen.

Jaji
04-21-2010, 09:42 PM
Oden has no future and it's not because of Camby.

Kakaroach
04-21-2010, 09:53 PM
Oden is still their future center Camby and Pryz are just there for insurance.

He has one more year and then a team option if I'm not mistaken right?

SNYmets86
04-21-2010, 10:05 PM
Camby and o ... Oden comin from bench That will be a pretty sick front court

thescore53
04-21-2010, 10:21 PM
thats alotta money to throw around

than dont watch

AddiX
04-21-2010, 11:08 PM
Young big men who come into the league looking 40 with back injuries will not amount to anything. Back problems for big men will put a quick end to any players career.

oldfishermen
04-21-2010, 11:11 PM
Do not forget, Camby can play PF.

Next year, the Blazers will have a tall talented front court three man rotation of Camby, Aldridge, and Oden.

If Przybilla recovers next year?? He will be the insurance big. Another option, his expiring contract could be packaged in a trade.

Best guess is. Camby will be the starting center at the beginning of the season, until Oden is ready to take over the position. When Oden starts, Camby will still get plenty of playing time backing up both Aldridge and Oden.

xBLAMEITON24x
04-21-2010, 11:20 PM
Oden bench warmer lol

heathonater
04-22-2010, 12:21 AM
having camby next year should help oden learn how to play defense down low while limiting his foul problems. camby really does a good job of not getting into foul trouble, and i would like to see oden do the same thing.

blackjack_119
04-22-2010, 01:13 AM
Young big men who come into the league looking 40 with back injuries will not amount to anything. Back problems for big men will put a quick end to any players career.

:confused: I think his back is the one part of his body Oden has never injured.

Oden's injuries are:
Wrist Surgery (Right Wrist) Ohio State
Micro-Fracture Knee Surgery (Right Knee) 1st Year NBA
Rolled Ankle landing on Bynum's Foot (Right Foot) 2nd Year NBA
Chipped Knee Cap (Left Knee) 2nd Year NBA
Fractured Knee Cap (Left Knee, claimed no coincidence) 3rd Year NBA

Hey Man
04-22-2010, 01:30 AM
than dont watch

It's "Then don't watch" youdumasmudafukinho

THE MTL
04-22-2010, 01:35 AM
:confused: I think his back is the one part of his body oden has never injured.

Oden's injuries are:
wrist surgery (right wrist) ohio state
micro-fracture knee surgery (right knee) 1st year nba
rolled ankle landing on bynum's foot (right foot) 2nd year nba
chipped knee cap (left knee) 2nd year nba
fractured knee cap (left knee, claimed no coincidence) 3rd year nba

got-damn! Lmfao!

THE MTL
04-22-2010, 01:38 AM
I think they'll be both fine. When dealing with Greg Oden you might have to write him off for 20 games in a season. And Camby is injury-prone as well. Also Portland has the WORST luck with injuries, therefore I dont think they should worry about any type of logjam at any position