PDA

View Full Version : D Wade on Beasley: "It's Going to Click One Day, Hopefully its Game 3!"

Tony_Starks
04-21-2010, 12:59 PM
Beasley’s struggles have exposed him to further criticism. He was the No. 2 pick in the 2008 draft, selected over O.J. Mayo(notes), Russell Westbrook(notes), Brook Lopez(notes) and Kevin Love(notes). It was no secret around the league that Wade would have preferred the Heat take Mayo.

Beasley averaged 14.8 points, second-best on the team, this season, but scored just six points in Game 1. He predicted a far better performance for himself in Game 2.

”I’m going to be good,” Beasley. ”I believe that in my heart. I work for it. I strive for it hour after hour, night in and night out.”

Beasley’s wishes didn’t come to fruition. He scored 13 points in Game 2 and didn’t get to the free-throw line. Afterward, Wade made clear his patience for Beasley’s mistakes is running out.
”I’m tired of answering questions about Beas not doing it,” Wade said. ”He has to continue to play. It’s going to click one day. Hopefully, it’s Game 3. He has the ability to really make us a tough team to play. It’s on Michael.”

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Au9IzpGOaBMtnRQQTDPnIXE5nYcB?slug=mc-wadeheat042110

D Wade is done making excuses for this guy, are you?

clehmun
04-21-2010, 01:07 PM
he reminds me of tyrus thomas, not his style of game, but as a talented player who's still searching for answers, who may never get there because of them not "clicking".

another guy like that is JR Smith, though he's getting better and has become a legit threat, it took him a long time. but he's still out of control at times, and if he ever gets "clicking", he'll be a 2nd or 3rd option on a contending team.

Draco
04-21-2010, 01:08 PM
^ Or an Eddy Curry...

Tony_Starks
04-21-2010, 01:19 PM
he reminds me of tyrus thomas, not his style of game, but as a talented player who's still searching for answers, who may never get there because of them not "clicking".

another guy like that is JR Smith, though he's getting better and has become a legit threat, it took him a long time. but he's still out of control at times, and if he ever gets "clicking", he'll be a 2nd or 3rd option on a contending team.

But the thing about Thomas and JR is even when they're screwing up, at least they're still playing hard all the time. They're thing is just a low basketball IQ. B Easy has all the gifts but at times it honestly looks like he doesn't even want to be out there.

He reminds me so much of Elden Campbell back in the day for the Lakers. Not his game, but his approach and attitude...

mvb815
04-21-2010, 01:21 PM
But the thing about Thomas and JR is even when they're screwing up, at least they're still playing hard all the time. They're thing is just a low basketball IQ. B Easy has all the gifts but at times it honestly looks like he doesn't even want to be out there.

He reminds me so much of Elden Campbell back in the day for the Lakers. Not his game, but his approach and attitude...

i don't believe that, even in the 4th down by 30 last night he was still hustling, i think it's just the IQ

spoonhoops
04-21-2010, 01:27 PM
I really think Beasley is no more than a 3rd option on the offensive end for a team and an ok defender. If he wants to make a mark on the NBA, he needs to conintue to improve on defense.

Sadds The Gr8
04-21-2010, 01:28 PM
Wow...I become more disappointed in this guy every game...I thought he would be the best player in that draft class, but right now he probably isn't even top 5. It's not even his skill or his IQ that makes him bad, it's his decision making...it's absolutely brutal.

Tony_Starks
04-21-2010, 01:34 PM
I really never thought I'd see the day where I can say I'd honestly rather have Big Baby than Beasley. Miami's coach made a good point that he doubts Boston even has a play for Davis, all his points are just hustle and effort.

Hopefully he can redeem himself with the home crowd behind him but it just seems like such a waste of talent right now...

AIsixersFK
04-21-2010, 01:35 PM
I thought Beasley was gonna fit into his nickname "BEASTley" but he hasn't done so. Very Very good college player but his game hasn't shown any improvement since then. It might of regressed actually.

abe_froman
04-21-2010, 01:40 PM
doesnt he make such proclamations at least once every week?

billy17
04-21-2010, 01:53 PM
He needs to do like melo.. Take out the rows, cut the hair, refine his game and be the player he can BEasley

sep11ie
04-21-2010, 01:55 PM
He's just too much of a "tweener". Doesn't really have a position.

sep11ie
04-21-2010, 01:56 PM
I think he needs a great PG to be successful. Maybe go to the Suns?

Tony_Starks
04-21-2010, 02:01 PM
He's just too much of a "tweener". Doesn't really have a position.

I don't know if I can even give him that pass because Bib Baby had the same knock coming into the NBA and he's still able to be effective.

Beasley has the perfect example of what he needs to do in Haslem. Haslem doesn't have Beasleys skill set but will always have a job because he plays tough D, rebounds, and can knock down an open J. He can even defend Centers at times even though he's undersized.

Beasley seems content to stay on the perimeter jacking up bad shots and if they're not falling he's practically useless.

clutchski
04-21-2010, 02:05 PM
I almost sense a little bit of sarcasm. What are the chances he magically 'clicks' in game 3, and then makes it last through the rest of the series/playoffs.

RadiantShot
04-21-2010, 02:06 PM
:rolleyes:

Slimsim
04-21-2010, 02:08 PM
Miami should had taken Westbrook or mayo.

kswissdaf
04-21-2010, 02:14 PM

OMG i wish we would have drafted Westbrook

IRUAM #21
04-21-2010, 02:15 PM

I would have taken Lopez if I would have known he was gonna be this good.

bkmikeyy
04-21-2010, 02:18 PM
anybody out of mayo, westbrook, love, gallinari, lopez would have ben a better pick for miami

kswissdaf
04-21-2010, 02:19 PM
anybody out of mayo, westbrook, love, gallinari, lopez would have ben a better pick for miami

Not Gallinari

Heater4life
04-21-2010, 02:24 PM
Beasley sucks, the Heat suck. Wade has every reason to want to leave unless these *ss*holes pick it up!

Im am dying to trade Beasley.

im so pissed.

D1JM
04-21-2010, 02:24 PM
wade's an *******. He has to help him develop by helping him out, not calling him out every time they lose

AIsixersFK
04-21-2010, 02:26 PM
By saying we shoulda taken this person or that person over beasley is stupid. You had no idea Beasley wasn't going to turn into the All-Star he was projected to be. YOu had no idea Lopez and Westbrook were going to turn out the way they did. Beasley was going to go 1 or 2 in that draft. No lower. Kinda like Wall and Turner this year. If Wall turns out to be a bust theirs gonna be fans saying we shoulda taken this person or that person. The draft is a gamble stop making excuses.

D1JM
04-21-2010, 02:31 PM
so wade says that it was beasley fault they lost the last two games. Did wade forget that he was guarding Ray Allen when he knocked 5 threes in his face. defender my ***

Heater4life
04-21-2010, 02:33 PM
wade's an *******. He has to help him develop by helping him out, not calling him out every time they lose

WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?

F-that . Were in the playoffs and he is playing like garbage! not decent, not servicible, like trash! hes had all year to "develop" and receive motivational help.

He has Glen Davis guarding him for crying out loud!!!!!! he cant drive it to the bucket? with GLEN DAVIS covering him?

Of course you call him out! either you step up or get the **** out!

Avenged
04-21-2010, 02:35 PM
You know a player sucks when he's being compared to Big Baby.

ballpd05
04-21-2010, 02:38 PM
I would have taken Lopez if I would have known he was gonna be this good.

I agree. Mayo and Wade both play the same position and would be a little small for the 3 spot. Westbrook is better than Chalmers, but Chalmers is solid when his confidence is high.

SeoulBeatz
04-21-2010, 02:42 PM
to be honest i was saying the bulls shouldve drafted Beas instead of Rose, good thing im no their GM cause Beasley has never impressed me in one game ive watched him and ive seen my fair share of heat games.

dont really know what it is about this guy but he just doesnt look like a player id want on my squad

Pinrod33
04-21-2010, 02:44 PM

Thank you!!! Heat fans are just being emotional right now, but Wade and his coach Spolestra have every much to do with how he is playing right now as Beasley does. There are no plays designed for him, and wade doesn't want him cramping his slashing lanes, so he sits back there and either has to shoot or try to drive on the team. He's the starter, yet Haslem plays more minutes than him, and even the minutes he does play seem to be at odd times. When the game is in doubt, forget about seeing Beasley. I'm not taking anything away from Haslem, but it's embarrassing to see him try to put the ball on the floor and drive. He has his moments where he's hitting those shots, but I know I have seen months go by with him missing those same shots. He is what he is, and that's a backup.

This franchise is the one who forces him to be something he is not. They refuse to believe that he is not as good as they think he is and they will stick with him rain or shine, Beas on the other hand misses a shot, get's a foul, and he's on the bench for a quarter and a half. As I said in another post, I do hope he gets traded because it is completely clear that the Heat have no interest in keeping him around, but not because he sucks. I bet that it's going to "click" all of a sudden when he's on a team that know how to use him.

bkmikeyy
04-21-2010, 02:48 PM
Not Gallinari

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=475125

D1JM
04-21-2010, 02:54 PM
I agree. Mayo and Wade both play the same position and would be a little small for the 3 spot. Westbrook is better than Chalmers, but Chalmers is solid when his confidence is high.

Wasnt wade calling out chalmers last year and the beginning of this year. I bet if rose would of got drafted by Miami, that Rose wouldnt of been nothing close to what he is right now because Wade would of just brought him down. I wonder if Shaq even called out Wade when he did sophomore mistakes. Wade is just becoming a youth crusher.

dudeonthemoon
04-21-2010, 03:08 PM
Thank you!!! Heat fans are just being emotional right now, but Wade and his coach Spolestra have every much to do with how he is playing right now as Beasley does. There are no plays designed for him, and wade doesn't want him cramping his slashing lanes, so he sits back there and either has to shoot or try to drive on the team. He's the starter, yet Haslem plays more minutes than him, and even the minutes he does play seem to be at odd times. When the game is in doubt, forget about seeing Beasley. I'm not taking anything away from Haslem, but it's embarrassing to see him try to put the ball on the floor and drive. He has his moments where he's hitting those shots, but I know I have seen months go by with him missing those same shots. He is what he is, and that's a backup.

This franchise is the one who forces him to be something he is not. They refuse to believe that he is not as good as they think he is and they will stick with him rain or shine, Beas on the other hand misses a shot, get's a foul, and he's on the bench for a quarter and a half. As I said in another post, I do hope he gets traded because it is completely clear that the Heat have no interest in keeping him around, but not because he sucks. I bet that it's going to "click" all of a sudden when he's on a team that know how to use him.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: THANK YOU!!!!

mjqusoldier
04-21-2010, 03:20 PM
Yea Gallinari going to be a better player than Beasley. I live in FL and I am currently friends with one of his ex-girlsfriends. She says all he does is smoke weed and party.Gallinari wants to be great. The Heat really messed up with that pick....Good

smith&wesson
04-21-2010, 03:31 PM
Clearly in that draft class beasly was not the 2nd best player. imagine an oj may and wade back court ? dam. kevin love or brook lopez would have been really good big men for the heat which is somthing they desperatly need. and wesbrook .. well just watch an okc game and youll know what westbrook is about.

no one would have known at the time but i would have taken any of those guys over beasley at this point.

BUT. watching the miami boston game last night was kind of depressing. its true beasly dosnt get any plays called for him and wade is basically the offence on that team. i mean they just dont have any one else doing anything on offence. the next highest scorer on the heat was chalmers with 8 points and 5 fouls ??
brutal. maybe they dont know how to use beasly. if he is the 2nd best option on the floor you gotta use the kid. i saw wade jack up like 5 3's in 5 positions. he made 4 of 5 them but he straight up brought the ball of from the in bound did a couple crossovers and jacked up three after three. passing to a nother heat player was not an option.

Wade_County
04-21-2010, 04:01 PM
I said it before and I will say it again, Beasley should have been traded before the deadline. He just doesnt fit in the heats system. Beasley needs the ball and with Wade and miami insisting on giving the ball to JO, it just does not work.

Wade_County
04-21-2010, 04:03 PM
I do think Beasley could be a good player in the NBA, but I just dont see it happening in Miami. Especially if they go out and bring in someone this summer.

IRUAM #21
04-21-2010, 04:06 PM
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=475125

You ever thought that maybe there's more Knicks fans than Heat fans here ?

bkmikeyy
04-21-2010, 04:19 PM

read the comments, plenty of non knick fans agree as well. Gallo and Beasely both average 15 ppg except gallo did it taking 2 shots less per game, playing in what is essentially his first real NBA season and playing on a team full of stupid ball hogs that would rather get theirs. Beasely is given the opportunity to be the second option and he blows it. Plus character wise they are pretty much complete opposites. Not saying that Gallo is the clear pick over Beasely, but its a lot closer than you think and I personally would go with Gallo.

IRUAM #21
04-21-2010, 04:22 PM
Not everyone who voted posted in that thread, not a good way to decide who's better. I've seen the stats and everything, but that thread doesn't mean much.

abe_froman
04-21-2010, 04:31 PM
Wasnt wade calling out chalmers last year and the beginning of this year. I bet if rose would of got drafted by Miami, that Rose wouldnt of been nothing close to what he is right now because Wade would of just brought him down. I wonder if Shaq even called out Wade when he did sophomore mistakes. Wade is just becoming a youth crusher.
i dont think it has to do with "bring him down" nor is rose's blossoming having to do with no one criticizing him.rose bloomed because he was molded to be the man,he had to carry the load.thats what did it

and kobe called out bynum,hell demanded to be traded as long as they developed him.did bynum's soul get crushed to where he sucks?

beasley's falling has to do with fit and with himself(both in game and off the court),he can still turn it around...but i just buy into the excuse of everyone's fault but himself,because more often than not it really is you.yes he says it,but my god just man up already,stop saying you'll do and just do

bkmikeyy
04-21-2010, 04:32 PM
I'm just saying its definitely debatable now. If I said this two years ago people would think I am insane.

IRUAM #21
04-21-2010, 04:33 PM
I'm just saying its definitely debatable now. If I said this two years ago people would think I am insane.

I definitely agree.

dtmagnet
04-21-2010, 04:43 PM
Poor Tito.

Slimsim
04-21-2010, 04:55 PM

I voted for Beasley as well. And I'm a knicks fan. I thought B easy had a little more potential Than Gallo.

Jonathan2323
04-21-2010, 05:08 PM
Beasley>Gallinari

Beasley will be OK.

Rego247
04-21-2010, 05:19 PM
lmao titoooo where u at?

IversonIsKrazy
04-21-2010, 06:11 PM
Beasley is destined for mediocrity, just like what that guy said who made up that thread. Look, Beasley is one of those guys who doesn't really have a set position, too slow for the perimeter game, but not big enough, not enough of a rebounder to be a big man. I had high hopes for this kid, but I just don't really see what some Heat fans do. For Heat fans, I think it's more like they MADE THEMSELVES believe that he will be good, but honestly, he won't. His shot is alright, his driving game is alright, his athletisism is pretty good. He will be better than Tyrus, but that is a good comparison. Beasley, may be just a pick-and roll type of player, like D-Lee Boozer and such, but Beasley needs to be a WAY better rebounder and defender to be thought legite. His offensive game just isn't enough to become that all-star player who can create for himself, he will be a pick-and-roll type of player, and that is all that Miami heat should do with him on offense, run pick-and-roll. I feel for Wade, the team is awful, and the record is just deceiving from how they actually play, its Wade and spectators. No roll player can hit a shot if their lives depended on it, nor can create for themselves, let alone creating for others, honestly, even if the Heat get another star this summer, (ie. Bosh, Amare, Boozer) I still don't see them as a great team, it'll be two players with a bunch of role players who can't hit a shot.

Simply put, Heat are awful, Wade should leave, and Beasley will be a w/e player unless he goes to an up-tempo paced team like SUns, Warriors, or Knicks.