PDA

View Full Version : Defensive Scheme for Bulls vs. Cavs

timmyoinfl
04-21-2010, 08:29 AM
Is there any sense in letting the entire team beat you? Is it realistic to let LBJ get what he wants and try to completely shut everyone else down? It's not like the Bulls(or anyone else)can stop him. But I'm guessing they might have better luck by not doubling LBJ and leaving someone like Moon open. Granted, West made some really good shots. Am I just dillusional? Is James such a dynamic player that if he wants, he can just impose his will on a team and there is nothing that can be done? Or can you focus your defense to keep everyone else from getting off? I say let James score 70 points if he wants. Just don't let anyone else do any damage. Is this realistic or just me being stupid?

FairWeatherFan?
04-21-2010, 09:30 AM
The way the present day bulls are constructed, they are better off playing a zone against the cavs, unless LeBron is off, then play straight up man to man.

Raph12
04-21-2010, 09:35 AM
The Bulls aren't that good to be able to shut down the rest of their players, Shaq would still dominate and Jamison would still get his as well by cutting to the basket and filling the lanes... This isn't the 2008-09 Cavs anymore.

tjlipford
04-21-2010, 10:13 AM
Look, in no way can LB beat a whole team by himself deep in the playoffs when it really counts. Nobody is that good and this is the NBA.

If the rest of our players dont come to play this year, then we will be out again. Its as simple as that.

madiaz3
04-21-2010, 10:18 AM
The Magic let Lebron get his own last year. But they could also clamp down hard on all of their other options..

ragee
04-21-2010, 10:21 AM
Isn't it what the Magic did last year? It worked but I doubt it can work again this year... Especially with the Bulls... I hate the Cavs but I have to admit, they freakin scare me... Lebron+Shaq= Disaster for the other team...

prodigy
04-21-2010, 10:23 AM
Look, in no way can LB beat a whole team by himself deep in the playoffs when it really counts. Nobody is that good and this is the NBA.

If the rest of our players dont come to play this year, then we will be out again. Its as simple as that.

Check series vs Pistons

Lebron has and will beat teams by himself if needed. Although its not needed.

ldc62
04-21-2010, 11:12 AM
Maybe they shoulda kept Thabo Sefolosha. Him and Deng woulda been a good combo to try to contain Lebron.

Draco
04-21-2010, 12:26 PM
Maybe they shoulda kept Thabo Sefolosha. Him and Deng woulda been a good combo to try to contain Lebron.

Thabo is what it cost the Bulls to get Taj and I'd rather have Taj.