PDA

View Full Version : OH MY!!! Win or lose game 2 is anybody as impressed with the THUNDER as i am?

Big Quett
04-21-2010, 12:55 AM
This young team is impressing me each minute this game goes by. I still dont believe they will win the series but they can make it tough on LA.

Like Charles Barkley said you better beat this team now because in the furture they are going to be tough. The are a Brendan Haywood type of player away from being a legit contender.

Shady66
04-21-2010, 01:08 AM
They need a legit low post scorer.

tdunk21
04-21-2010, 01:11 AM
am shockd and impressed at their defense.....

xbrackattackx
04-21-2010, 01:12 AM
am shockd and impressed at their defense.....

x2

xbrackattackx
04-21-2010, 01:14 AM
I am still calling Durant being better than Lebron overall in the future. I think Lebron will be the "clear cut best" next year...Now it's Between Him and Kobe and then believe in 2 years it will be Durant and Lebron competing for the best.

jim51990
04-21-2010, 01:17 AM
i am very i honestly think kd is as good as kobe yet bron is still better then both

Geargo Wallace
04-21-2010, 01:19 AM
its possible to lose and be loose

IRUAM #21
04-21-2010, 01:26 AM
i am very i honestly think kd is as good as kobe yet bron is still better then both

Uh Oh :hide:

xbrackattackx
04-21-2010, 01:28 AM

KD isn't quite Kobe yet, But it is experience he could surpass Kobe and Lebron. And Kobe is my favorite player I'm not gonna be a homer and act like Durant isn't nasty.

iggypop123
04-21-2010, 01:37 AM
the reason they are good is they have alot of athletes. no inside presence. to get it they have to lose some guys.

BigEric
04-21-2010, 01:37 AM
Very, very impressed. They need another low post scorer and another 3pt shooter. Let's see what kind of outing they give at home.

NYKnickFanatic
04-21-2010, 01:39 AM
I wont be surprised if they go to OKC and win 2 games and tie this thing up.

Raph12
04-21-2010, 01:41 AM
Can you say block party?... Seriously Haywood, if you're on PSD, go to the Thunder next season.

BigEric
04-21-2010, 01:43 AM
Ibaka is truly a beast. Everything he blocks he so clean as well. That guy is a freak.

JabberJaw
04-21-2010, 01:48 AM
I am a HUGE Laker fan, but the Thunder are easily my 2nd favorite team to watch. If they were playing any other team, i'd watch every playoff game and cheer insanely for them. I agree that Durant will be right there with Lebron & Wade (IMO) for best in the league. This team has the energy and explosiveness of the Nuggets, but the poise of a team full of veterans. They are a real big man away from being a real threat to ANY team in the NBA for the title.
I love that the Lakers are winning, but a piece of me hates to see such a good young group of guys lose. I'm excited for their future.

cambovenzi
04-21-2010, 01:50 AM
I do not think they will win more than 1 game in this series.
Playing them tough and actually winning are two different things.
Some of the next games might not be so close. Lakers almost pulled away a few times.

Big Quett
04-21-2010, 01:54 AM
I am still calling Durant being better than Lebron overall in the future. I think Lebron will be the "clear cut best" next year...Now it's Between Him and Kobe and then believe in 2 years it will be Durant and Lebron competing for the best.

I mean i love the guy but i cant go there. LeBron is an all around player with rebounds assists and defense. I think he is just a scorer though. He doesnt get his teammates involved enough. I think he will be fighting for that #2 spot with Kobe, Wade and Melo though.

_KB24_
04-21-2010, 01:56 AM
Their shot blocking extremely impressed me. Amazing

Big Quett
04-21-2010, 01:57 AM
I do not think they will win more than 1 game in this series.
Playing them tough and actually winning are two different things.
Some of the next games might not be so close. Lakers almost pulled away a few times.

And yeah almost and doing it are 2 different things remember? They wont get blew out in any game. I mean the Lakers in 2 of their 3 wins only beat them by 3 points

Hellcrooner
04-21-2010, 01:58 AM
they have a lgit nside threat for the future ig Ibaka develops his full potentiall.

Bruno
04-21-2010, 02:07 AM
I was not expecting them to be so good on the defensive end. It was truly a block party tonight.

xbrackattackx
04-21-2010, 02:11 AM
I mean i love the guy but i cant go there. LeBron is an all around player with rebounds assists and defense. I think he is just a scorer though. He doesnt get his teammates involved enough. I think he will be fighting for that #2 spot with Kobe, Wade and Melo though.

Yea,I agree with you on the fighting for the top spots.

And I meant in a couple of more years. He will still only be 23 in 2 years.

But you should be stoked Memphis,OKC,Blazers and Houston are all young threats. If they can keep their groups chemistry up wow!

Teeboy1487
04-21-2010, 02:12 AM
They have my respect. Their defense is incredible. It kept them in the game. The lakers could have pull away twice in tonight's game but their defense prevented that. These young guys can play.

dodie53
04-21-2010, 03:30 AM
block party.

too bad they came up short.

LeBroom
04-21-2010, 03:36 AM
Can you say block party?... Seriously Haywood, if you're on PSD, go to the Thunder next season.

:up::laugh::laugh::laugh:

SouljahPhil...
04-21-2010, 04:09 AM
Serge Ibaka will be a nice piece in the future..they need a legit PF..

Can they find a way to sign and trade bosh or amare?

they have cap but not enough for a max contract..

Damm this team will be sick in the future..

NetsPaint
04-21-2010, 04:17 AM
To those who watched Durant a lot, is tough defense the reason why Durant hasn't been driving much or is that an area he needs to greatly improve?He's obviously not a spot up shooter, but I think this what he'd have to work out to consistently take over games in the last few minutes.

tredigs
04-21-2010, 04:59 AM
To those who watched Durant a lot, is tough defense the reason why Durant hasn't been driving much or is that an area he needs to greatly improve?He's obviously not a spot up shooter, but I think this what he'd have to work out to consistently take over games in the last few minutes.

I'd say his slashing skills are above average, but it's still an area where he could stand to improve. But the bottom line is that the Lakers were double teaming him off the ball, and once he got it, he really didn't have any room to work with as far as driving to the hoop goes. He just looks to get an inch of fresh air where he can pull up and lace that J.

I think he just needs to be a bit more aggressive in the next games, and force the Lakers to either foul him or have him finish. He hasn't been forcing contact as much as he generally does.

So to answer, a bit of both. But until his teammates start knocking down shots, the Lakers aren't going to relent on their double teams on him. He is getting absolutely smothered out there.

Carey
04-21-2010, 08:31 AM
This has been a gift and a curse for our team. We are losing but we are competing against the champs, its really no better way to assess what the team needs to compete. Someone earlier on this thread summed it up best. We need a big who can score a little and be a force and a shooter(i think Rasual Butler would be a nice pickup). The big will be harder to find but we have 2 first rounders and 2 second rounders in this draft coming up and i expect a couple of those to be packaged in a trade to try to get a big. Also the other core guys have to improve offensively but they are all so young and have come a long way so i have confidence they will.

Anon
04-21-2010, 09:23 AM
They are Portland from two years ago. Everybody likes them because they are young but in reality they have one superstar (KD) and one possible all-star (Westbrook). It takes a lot more than that to be a serious contender. Whether or not they ever get there, who knows? Most teams don't.

amoore87
04-21-2010, 09:35 AM
I wont be surprised if they go to OKC and win 2 games and tie this thing up.

i doubt it..lakers split and win game 5 at home

G-Funk
04-21-2010, 10:22 AM
Not your typical 8th seed, they are a 50 game team with great defensive abilities, They are not the Bulls. So there won't be no surprise if the game goes beyond 6. That being said if the Thunder can win a game at Lakers, the Lakers can certainly win a game at Thunder. So im sticking to my predictions Lakers in 5 but won't be shocked if it goes beyond that.

Giantwarrior
04-21-2010, 10:22 AM
Thunder is a great young team, i would like to see how they will develop. theres no chance in hell they could keep that team together. they have too many good young players, they cant keep them all when their rookie contract expires.

Giantwarrior
04-21-2010, 10:23 AM
btw, the lakers will sweep them.

td0tsfinest
04-21-2010, 10:27 AM
They were really good last night. If they can play like that every single game, they are going to be a really good team.

Ibaka really surprised me yesterday. He's got a shot at being a legitimate shot blocker down low.

Raidaz4Life
04-21-2010, 10:31 AM
I have said from the very beginning that the Lakers will have problems with the Thunder and could very easily lose the series to them. At this point they are completely lucky to be up 2-0 right now.

wizardsfan3
04-21-2010, 10:51 AM
jim how can you even say KD is better than kobe?!?! Kobe is a future Hall of Famer... and Kd has only been in the league two years and your comparing him to kobe, come on now. KD is one of my favorite players in the league but i don't think hes anywhere near kobe's level yet. He still has a lot to accomplish to get on kobe's level. And, my opinion on dwayne wade i really believe he's going to start declining in two or three years. I believe he won't be one of the leagues top players in a couple years, he doesn't look as good as he was last year and year before

Storch
04-21-2010, 11:11 AM

Are you that guy that voted for David Lee for DPOY? :facepalm:

USMCLaker
04-21-2010, 11:11 AM
Add me to the impressed list, I only wish they were in the East so I could root for them more.

Storch
04-21-2010, 11:13 AM
The Thunder are a great team. Everyone is humble and plays hard. The NBA should take advantage of having these youngsters and start putting them on national TV more often, because they are beasting with class.

Anon
04-21-2010, 11:33 AM
The Thunder are a great team. Everyone is humble and plays hard. The NBA should take advantage of having these youngsters and start putting them on national TV more often, because they are beasting with class.

They are a great team that is about to get swept our of the first round.

Carey
04-21-2010, 12:43 PM
They are Portland from two years ago. Everybody likes them because they are young but in reality they have one superstar (KD) and one possible all-star (Westbrook). It takes a lot more than that to be a serious contender. Whether or not they ever get there, who knows? Most teams don't.

Jeff Green, Serge Ibaka, James Harden, Eric Maynor, and Thabo Sefolosha....all players under 25 who will get better, not to mention Byron Mullens developing in the D-League, plus we already play defense at a contending level. I think we are liked for alot more reasons than what u named.

clehmun
04-21-2010, 12:59 PM
whether they get sweep or take the series to 7 games, thunder got my respect. in fact, i was a fan of them last season... really wish that they weren't playing the lakers so i could cheer for them.

Lakers4ItAll
04-21-2010, 02:29 PM
What if they got a player like Boozer?

DMasta718
04-21-2010, 02:32 PM
OKC definitely deserve the respect they get. I hope they make it further but I don't think a upset will happen. They would probably have more of a chance if they wasn't matched with the Lakers. This team is definitely something to look forward to in the coming years.

Frezhnitz
04-21-2010, 02:40 PM
Not suprising. If we had better PG that can shoot and play D then these games wouldnt be so close.

RadiantShot
04-21-2010, 02:43 PM
Ron Artest has been holding Durant down. They're still doing a good job though.

ElMarroAfamado
04-21-2010, 03:21 PM
you cant be a fan of the NBA and not like the Thunder
but damn if only they were still the Sonics :(

ballpd05
04-21-2010, 03:26 PM
If they could snag a post presence than they would be something serious.

tredigs
04-21-2010, 03:37 PM
Not suprising. If we had better PG that can shoot and play D then these games wouldnt be so close.

And if the Thunder had a marquee big man who could score than these games wouldn't be so close the other way. What's your point? This isn't a fantasy world, I think the Lakers are stacked enough as is to not make excuses based on team talent.

The Thunder's NCAA tournament level of intensity on D and the alternating great nights by Russ and Durant are keeping them in this. Now they need their other pieces to actually make a shot.

Raph12
04-21-2010, 03:43 PM
And if the Thunder had a marquee big man who could score than these games wouldn't be so close the other way. What's your point? This isn't a fantasy world, I think the Lakers are stacked enough as is to not make excuses based on team talent.

The Thunder's NCAA tournament level of intensity on D and the alternating great nights by Russ and Durant are keeping them in this. Now they need their other pieces to actually make a shot.

x2... Ibaka really stepped up on defense though, Bynum was getting handled on that end (I know he came back from injury but still). But the Thunder still need one real big to contend with the Lakers bigs, that would give them a legit chance IMO.

Baller1
04-21-2010, 05:50 PM
I can't wait to see who the Thunder get this off-season.

I won't ever stop dreaming of having Kendrick Perkins on this team...

Gibby23
04-21-2010, 05:59 PM
I can't wait to see who the Thunder get this off-season.

I won't ever stop dreaming of having Kendrick Perkins on this team...

They need a low post scorer.

Anon
04-21-2010, 06:25 PM
Jeff Green, Serge Ibaka, James Harden, Eric Maynor, and Thabo Sefolosha....all players under 25 who will get better, not to mention Byron Mullens developing in the D-League, plus we already play defense at a contending level. I think we are liked for alot more reasons than what u named.

You are excited about your team which is fine. But you are the flavor of the month. Your team represents what every hardcore fan loves, upside. Having young guys is always more exciting than veterans because the possibilities seem endless. You have one great player and PG who has a chance to be solid. I get why Zombie Sonic fans are so excited but I have no idea why everyone else is so high on your team.

Chronz
04-21-2010, 07:52 PM
Im more shocked that LA is sucking so bad and the Thunder havent been able to capitalize.

wizardsfan3
04-22-2010, 10:23 AM
freshnitz you got that right...fisher he's done. they need to draft a pg in the upcoming draft. everytime i see fisher shoot a shot this is what i do :facepalm:

KnicksorBust
04-22-2010, 11:19 AM
You are excited about your team which is fine. But you are the flavor of the month. Your team represents what every hardcore fan loves, upside. Having young guys is always more exciting than veterans because the possibilities seem endless. You have one great player and PG who has a chance to be solid. I get why Zombie Sonic fans are so excited but I have no idea why everyone else is so high on your team.

It's like the Bulls 5 years ago or the Blazers 2 years ago. They need to not make the same mistakes. That's why the Thunders actions this summer are HUGE.

Carey
04-22-2010, 11:39 AM

Huh!? How are we the flavor of the month? We have one of the best GM's in basketball who has built this team from the ground up with the idea of sustained success, we have the financial flexibility to add a vet or 2 for a couple years but still be able to keep our young core intact. You seem to just focus on KD and Russ but we have Ibaka who has as much upside as any young big in basketball, Harden can do it all on the floor and will only get better, Maynor is a good point guard who will get better, the list goes on and on. People are excited because these guys get it, they play the type of defense that can win you a ring with adequete offense but they are so young, they arent even close to their prime. We will be around for a while so just get used to it.

Gibby23
04-22-2010, 11:42 AM
It's like the Bulls 5 years ago or the Blazers 2 years ago. They need to not make the same mistakes. That's why the Thunders actions this summer are HUGE.

Nothing like those two teams. This thunder team has a legit superstar, a guy that will be a top 2 player in the game in a season or two.

coloradobuff
04-22-2010, 11:42 AM
oddsmakers are surely impressed as okc is -3.5 tonight.

Anon
04-22-2010, 12:32 PM
Your team represents what every hardcore fan loves, upside. Having young guys is always more exciting than veterans because the possibilities seem endless.

You seem to just focus on KD and Russ but we have Ibaka who has as much upside as any young big in basketball, Harden can do it all on the floor and will only get better, Maynor is a good point guard who will get better, the list goes on and on.

I think you just proved my point.

Gibby23
04-22-2010, 12:39 PM

But, it's different when one of the young guys is already a top 4 or 5 player in the NBA and a scoring champ at the age of 21.

Carey
04-22-2010, 12:49 PM

But you purposely ignored the rest of my post.....I explained why this isnt just a bunch of young talent

What young flavor of the month team have you seen play defense this well?

Hawkeye15
04-22-2010, 12:52 PM
They are impressive, but they are still down 2-0, and probably are going home soon. Future looks bright, but all I care about is someone knocking the Lakers out. And it won't happen in round 1 it appears

NBAfan4life
04-22-2010, 02:18 PM
I agree. I wish the thunder were not playing the Lakers so I could root for them. Future looks bright for these guys

CowboysKB24
04-22-2010, 03:39 PM
Yeah tell me about it shows so much about the Lakers really.

CowboysKB24
04-22-2010, 03:40 PM
LOL I am kidding, the Thunder are a great team. Very close to becoming a legit contender.

mdlr52192
04-22-2010, 04:08 PM

I agree wholeheartedly and I would rather have Durant than LeBron...sue me

Big Quett
04-23-2010, 12:29 PM
I agree wholeheartedly and I would rather have Durant than LeBron...sue me

Yeah i think i should sue you for slander of LeBron's name. I mean i love KD but he is a scorer and a good rebounder. LeBron is a great scorer a good rebounder and a great floor leader and great at making his teammates better.

I put KD in the Melo debate more so the LeBron debate

bbcmillionaire
04-23-2010, 12:44 PM
bulls and the thunder= 1 player from greatness
lol either team arent going out like punks,

bbcmillionaire
04-23-2010, 12:46 PM
Yeah i think i should sue you for slander of LeBron's name. I mean i love KD but he is a scorer and a good rebounder. LeBron is a great scorer a good rebounder and a great floor leader and great at making his teammates better.

I put KD in the Melo debate more so the LeBron debate

yeah very comparable player in melo and durant, imma pick melo cause he is my top 5 fav players right now, but to ignore the freakishly talented durant is just stupid

tredigs
04-23-2010, 12:53 PM
yeah very comparable player in melo and durant, imma pick melo cause he is my top 5 fav players right now, but to ignore the freakishly talented durant is just stupid

Melo's been surpassed. Might as well get on the train now while it's not too full...

bbcmillionaire
04-23-2010, 01:08 PM
Melo's been surpassed. Might as well get on the train now while it's not too full...

nawl bro lebron,kobe,wade,melo,durant

SteveNash
04-23-2010, 03:28 PM
The are a Brendan Haywood type of player away from being a legit contender.

:facepalm:

Big Quett
04-25-2010, 12:18 AM
btw, the lakers will sweep them.

They are impressive, but they are still down 2-0, and probably are going home soon.

Yeah 2 great calls:clap::clap::clap::clap:

AI4MVP
04-25-2010, 12:23 AM
wow okc fans are amazing. 20-30 point lead throughout the whole 4th quarter and not ONE fan left. the place was still packed cheering after the game

Big Quett
04-25-2010, 10:39 AM
wow okc fans are amazing. 20-30 point lead throughout the whole 4th quarter and not ONE fan left. the place was still packed cheering after the game

Yeah i mean if your team was embarrassing the defending champs in a play-off game would you leave?