PDA

View Full Version : Heat @ Celtics was so embarrasing, TNT replaced it with a NBA TV game.

fairandbalanced
04-20-2010, 10:21 PM
That is probably the first time that ever happened in NBA history.

unwantedplayer
04-20-2010, 10:32 PM
=]

Super.
04-20-2010, 10:32 PM
BWhahhahahaahaaa

HuRRiCaNeS324
04-20-2010, 10:35 PM
I cant really say anything other than that was pathetic lol.

It was impressive how the Celtics played without KG. Didnt expect that...

JnasD
04-20-2010, 10:35 PM
Heat Could not take advantage without KG.

heathonater
04-20-2010, 10:36 PM
havent watched the game, but based on the box score it doesnt look like wade got that much help from his teammates tonight.

jimbobjarree
04-20-2010, 10:37 PM
rape

NYK_kidd77
04-20-2010, 10:41 PM
Wade was the only guy who showed up.

MacFitz92
04-20-2010, 10:42 PM
Embarassment to the Miami Heat organization and its fans. Hell no Wade won't be back next year.

OG "Dee" LOCc
If the heat get swept and they dont sign anyone in the offseason...I can 100% positively say hes going to Chicago or NY. Most likely chicago.

Corey
Way to wake up the Celtic defense, Q-Rich.

clutchski
04-20-2010, 10:43 PM
If the heat get swept and they dont sign anyone in the offseason...I can 100% positively say hes going to Chicago or NY. Most likely chicago.

I can see him going to Chicago. That would be a great team.

asandhu23
04-20-2010, 10:44 PM
D-Wade is gone in the offseason... sayonara, Miami.

td0tsfinest
04-20-2010, 10:48 PM
It was an embarrassment. I was happy they put the other game on.

NYK_kidd77
I doubt he leaves the Heat Dwade knows the team will be completely different next year.

Ethix11
way to open this can of worms. :pity: i knew the would play well without kg but i hope they can pull something out at home. wow jo...

Toenail Clipper
good bye Dwyane Wade.

DodgerBulls
04-20-2010, 10:54 PM
it really beats the purpose of trading $25k for KG's 1 game suspension. Celtics should just rest KG, you never know if he gets a payback from the Heat and suddenly falls after a dunk. :p

emman03
04-20-2010, 10:56 PM
TITO!!!! you will be no longer a nba player next season you will be on a d-leauge F U!

b_rad23
04-20-2010, 11:03 PM

Yeah...because NY offers a much better situation.......................right????

Valkyrie
04-20-2010, 11:03 PM
Um he didn't show up until they were down 30. All of those 3 pointers he hit they were down like 30 points, when the Celtics got it that high he had like 10 points, he's a ****ing ***** this series, and he's not even in the same breath as LeBron. LeBron took a worse team than Wade's to the Finals, IDK if Wade is even a true superstar after what i've seen so far

Bulls4Lyfe
04-20-2010, 11:04 PM
pathetic performance by everyone besides wade on the heat. everyone looks scared out there.

that being said, any one of you guys that think this series (or this season) will have any effect on wade's decision to return this offseason are sorely mistaken. we're going to have a completely new team next season. other than wade, there's not 1 player that I'm relatively certain will be back next year. wade's not leaving the 305..give me a break. some of you guys are just ridiculous...

Corey
04-20-2010, 11:05 PM
Yeah...because NY offers a much better situation.......................right????

The players they have now would be a much better supporting cast.

So...Yes?

69centers
04-20-2010, 11:06 PM
Everyone has relied too much on Wade all season. Late in the last game, Wade had the ball at the top of the key and everyone else assumed that he would drive or shoot, so when he actually passed to JO, he wasn't even looking and the ball hit off his arm. This is typical of how this team plays. They just stay back on offense and let Wade handle it all. That is probably why they turned into such a good defensive team in the end of the regular season, because they barely used any effort on offense and had a ton of energy for defense.

They all rely too much on Wade. When he gets stopped by a good defensive team like the Celtics, the rest of the team isn't ready to do what they need to do on offense to help out.

king4day
04-20-2010, 11:09 PM
TNT is the worst at scheduling NBA games.
They always run late and through the next game.
I'm glad the Suns don't play on TNT again until game 4.

BBALLGOD4
04-20-2010, 11:14 PM
LOL @ wade statpadding when they were already down by 30 in the 3rd

J$mo0th_3o5
04-20-2010, 11:17 PM
Um he didn't show up until they were down 30. All of those 3 pointers he hit they were down like 30 points, when the Celtics got it that high he had like 10 points, he's a ****ing ***** this series, and he's not even in the same breath as LeBron. LeBron took a worse team than Wade's to the Finals, IDK if Wade is even a true superstar after what i've seen so far

Lebron was surrounded by shooters and good defenders. Something we need to have for Wade. But yeah Z back then is better than JO. I forgot who was their starting PG, but it sure as hell is better than Arroyo:facepalm: Boobie was shooting the lights out!

BTW I apologize for calling you that, I'm just a little ticked off right now.

NYMetros
04-20-2010, 11:20 PM
Heat Could not take advantage without KG.

Really?

MR MITB Edge
04-20-2010, 11:23 PM
so does that mean Rondos is eilte PG?

evadatam5150
04-20-2010, 11:24 PM
That is probably the first time that ever happened in NBA history.

Yeah game was turned off at around the 15 minute mark.. Game over series over.. Boston finally nutting up.. Wonder how long they can maintain that kind of intensity.. Or was it that Miami just rolled over..??

SNYmets86
04-20-2010, 11:36 PM
Damn that was awful .. While wacthin i had to crack up cuz all you hear is charles barkley runnin his mouth lol about how they should of rather put the suns and blazers game instead of the heat and celtics saying the game is over celtics won now lets just wacth the suns and blazers game hahahahaha

ldc62
04-20-2010, 11:41 PM
I turned it on and actually watched for 10 minutes... Wade was trying to get them back in when they were down 30 by jacking up 3s...

dfritz03
04-20-2010, 11:53 PM
Don't get me wrong, they probably should have turned the game off because there was another game on and the game being played was clearly out of hand, but as a Celtics fan who lives in the Philly area, it was pretty annoying that I couldn't watch the end of the game because I only get to see the games put on national TV.

Raph12
04-21-2010, 12:20 AM
I told you guys, JO will get shutdown and Beasley is always a question mark, they have no chance... Celts in 5.

Sadds The Gr8
04-21-2010, 12:30 AM
I called that this would be an easy series for the Celtics. I called Celtics in 5.....

sunnydayin'zona
04-21-2010, 12:32 AM
so...i think the suns blazers game is even more slaughter

FinsFoLife
04-21-2010, 01:40 AM
This was an absolute embarrassment to the City of Miami, the fans, and the entire NBA. One this is losing to a superior team, but it's an entirely different thing playing without passion and not caring about being blown the f-k out of the building. Every HEAT player outside of Wade should hide his pathetic head under a bucket in shame.

Honestly, I hope Wade stays, because this team will be entirely different next year. But, at the same time, I feel terrible that the guy has to put up with the scrubs we have. Sometimes I wish we would've tanked and gotten a lottery pick out of it, instead of being embarrassed on national television and getting blown out of the first round.

theimortalone
04-21-2010, 01:45 AM
Wow, I could not believe my eyes when I saw the score! TNT actually changed the game to a game on NBATV? :laugh2:

FinsFoLife
04-21-2010, 01:50 AM
other than wade, there's not 1 player that I'm relatively certain will be back next year.

I'd like to have Haslem back. At least he plays with some heart.

abe_froman
04-21-2010, 02:02 AM
Honestly, I hope Wade stays, because this team will be entirely different next year. But, at the same time, I feel terrible that the guy has to put up with the scrubs we have. Sometimes I wish we would've tanked and gotten a lottery pick out of it, instead of being embarrassed on national television and getting blown out of the first round.

well it didnt work out so well last time and i think if they did it would have pissed wade off enough to only ensure his departure.so i beg to differ on tanking unless you'd be ok with the worse case scenario risk(wade leaves)

kurivaimu
04-21-2010, 02:07 AM
And most of you really thought that the Heat would give the Celtics trouble...
Seriously, the celtics are right up there to win it.

kArSoN RyDaH
04-21-2010, 02:09 AM
everyones sleeeping on the celtics but their kind of like a better version of the spurs in the east. there old but everyone should be scared of them. they came to play..

Russollini
04-21-2010, 02:19 AM
Bottom line is that the Heat got hot late against teams costing or that had losing records. They had some decent wins in there, but that is the problem with the NBA. You can shutdown with 2-3 weeks left in the season and coast into the playoffs. It is awful. Stars sit, and scrub teams win. O'Neal has nothing left in the tank, that is our major issue. We should sit him and play UD/Joel at C. We would be better off. Beas box score wise was ok, but the rest of the team was awful. The issue started in the First Game though when in the fourth Wade started forcing things and the rest of the team seemed to fade to black. It was quite odd, and made no sense. I go back to poor coaching to be honest. Sure, they look real bad, but Spo had a plan that worked for 3 Quarters then when the C's adjusted the plan was Wade.

xbrackattackx
04-21-2010, 02:26 AM
Wade needs a Big guy in his prime also to help out. Or a couple of younger players at SF and C. Who can role play 10-12 points a piece and play defense.

JNA17
04-21-2010, 02:34 AM
Dear Miami,

nah nah nah nah, nah nah nah nah, hey hey hey, GOODBYE YOU ****ING **** TEAM, IM COMING BACK HOME IN CHICAGO! MUHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Your ex star player, Dwyane wade

Sadds The Gr8
04-21-2010, 02:42 AM
Holy crap that Heat roster stinks other than Wade.

rick66ankiel24
04-21-2010, 02:44 AM
Embarassment to the Miami Heat organization and its fans. Hell no Wade won't be back next year.

he will definetly be back, and amare/bosh will be wearin the same uniform..

the game was joke, the heat are full of scrubs. i think beasley will be traded during the off-season. they'll only retain 3 or 4 guys from their current roster, wade, haslem and then maybe wright, richardson or arroyo

MR MITB Edge
04-21-2010, 02:48 AM
Dear Miami,

nah nah nah nah, nah nah nah nah, hey hey hey, GOODBYE YOU ****ING **** TEAM, IM COMING BACK HOME IN CHICAGO! MUHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Your ex star player, Dwyane wade

makes sense haha

still1ballin
04-21-2010, 02:48 AM
I took the Celtics for granted. I thought they were old and run down, and Heat were able to win at least Game 2. If things continue how they are Cavs are gonna have a tough load on them.

Kid Fabulous
04-21-2010, 03:00 AM
this game was turrrrrible

JNA17
04-21-2010, 03:05 AM
i feel sorry for heat fans now, this will be the last season seeing wade on their team this year. Hopefully D-Wade will go out with a bang in game 4 with 40 something points (heat still lose) and shows what they will miss.

Chicago or NY fans are in joy right now.

mjt20mik
04-21-2010, 03:16 AM
he will definetly be back, and amare/bosh will be wearin the same uniform..

the game was joke, the heat are full of scrubs. i think beasley will be traded during the off-season. they'll only retain 3 or 4 guys from their current roster, wade, haslem and then maybe wright, richardson or arroyo

If they get either bosh or amare, it will be due to a sign and trade. In that case, they are definitely not keeping Haslem or Beasley, since those are the only other players on their roster that are sought out in the league.

SNYmets86
04-21-2010, 03:19 AM
As a knick fan i thought wade leave ... Amare or either bosh goin dere with a nice draft pick

junion
04-21-2010, 03:58 AM
everyones sleeeping on the celtics but their kind of like a better version of the spurs in the east. there old but everyone should be scared of them. they came to play..

:facepalm: they're.... they're
i'm like the smartest person on here, i can't even stand it.

IRUAM #21
04-21-2010, 08:05 AM
i feel sorry for heat fans now, this will be the last season seeing wade on their team this year. Hopefully D-Wade will go out with a bang in game 4 with 40 something points (heat still lose) and shows what they will miss.

God... This is not the same team we're gonna have next year. Why does nobody listen :cry:

GrumpyOldMan
04-21-2010, 08:16 AM
It could be worse Miami fans.....I'm a Raptor fan.

69centers
04-21-2010, 08:41 AM
At least the Raptors still kind of have their dignity intact, having just missed the playoffs due to a late Bosh injury. Miami just got demolished, live on TV. Although most national fans caught the edited version, as they cut to another game!

IRUAM #21
04-21-2010, 08:49 AM
It could be worse Miami fans.....I'm a Raptor fan.

I kind of wish you guys had made it, Miami would have gotten your 1st :p

GrumpyOldMan
04-21-2010, 09:16 AM
I kind of wish you guys had made it, Miami would have gotten your 1st :p

I wish we made it too. :cry:

mikantsass
04-21-2010, 09:38 AM
"This is like an old fashioned, take me behind the woodshed, beating" - Reggie Miller midway through the 3rd quarter

avrpatsfan
04-21-2010, 09:53 AM
:clap:

Giantwarrior
04-21-2010, 10:18 AM
who cares. heat wernt going to wing the series anyway. im just waiting for the second round when the Cavs play the Celtics.

king4day
04-21-2010, 10:31 AM
who cares. heat wernt going to wing the series anyway. im just waiting for the second round when the Cavs play the Celtics.

With how the C's are playing the Heat right now, that's gonna shape up to be a reallly great series.

RaiderLakersA's
04-21-2010, 12:45 PM
D-Wade is gone in the offseason... sayonara, Miami.

The Heat will need to make some MAJOR changes to keep him, I think. I've seen blowouts in the playoffs before, but that was probably one of the all time worst.

m26555
04-21-2010, 01:00 PM
I have been saying all year that the Celtics were saving it for the playoffs. Regardless of how poor the Heat have looked the past six quarters or so, most of the credit has to go to Boston's defense. They have looked like the 2008 Celtics so far. Cleveland has another thing coming if it thinks it has a cakewalk to the ECF.

Tony_Starks
04-21-2010, 01:24 PM
That was the first playoff game in a long time that I just got up and walked away from. That 8 minute drought was unreal! A high school team would be ashamed of that...

I really don't see the fire in anyone except Wade, Haslem, and Q. Oneal is trying but he's a shell of his former self. B Easy got housed by big Baby. BIG BABY! The dude got like 4 of his first 5 shots blocked!!! Pathetic.

If you're a Heat fan keep your head up though because you weren't going to win anyway and its going to be a really nice summer for you!

RadiantShot
04-21-2010, 01:51 PM
Calling it now. If the Heat don't get some help, Dwyane Wade's packing his bags.

Heater4life
04-21-2010, 02:10 PM
As a die hard Heat fan. That had to be the most pathetic, unenthusiastic, lethargic performance (or lack there of) i have ever seen in my life!!! If Wade leaves Id support him completly, i wouldnt tolerate the bull**** either.

I have never done this in my life....but i just frankly went to watch something else before halftime and never looked back.

that was :facepalm: x1,000,000

Heater4life
04-21-2010, 02:11 PM
ZERO EXECUTION!!!!!!!!!! ZERO!!!!

:sigh:

rick66ankiel24
04-21-2010, 02:13 PM
If they get either bosh or amare, it will be due to a sign and trade. In that case, they are definitely not keeping Haslem or Beasley, since those are the only other players on their roster that are sought out in the league.

they dont need to do a sign and trade to get either of them.. they're both unrestricted free agents and can go wherever they want this offseason

RadiantShot
04-21-2010, 02:18 PM
To be completely honest, I think the only chance they have of Wade staying is if they pull Bosh or Amar'e, and I don't think either one of them is going to Miami. Where the cash at, fellas?

DMasta718
04-21-2010, 02:28 PM
If Wade does happen to stay with the Heat this offseason, he's going to need some major help within the team. I'm sure Pat will make some moves but the team needs to change this offseason.

Frezhnitz
04-21-2010, 02:33 PM
I've seen it couple times

abe_froman
04-21-2010, 02:39 PM
To be completely honest, I think the only chance they have of Wade staying is if they pull Bosh or Amar'e, and I don't think either one of them is going to Miami. Where the cash at, fellas?

but say they even get one of amare/bosh,is that enough? i mean they still got no center,still got no pg

RadiantShot
04-21-2010, 02:45 PM
but say they even get one of amare/bosh,is that enough? i mean they still got no center,still got no pg

Definitely so. Wade's still debating on whether or not he should stay or go, probably. Adding a big name player like Amar'e or Bosh into the equation changes the whole outlook. Mainly, I'd get Amar'e for Wade, and then get a Point-Guard who can run the offense, because Rafer, Chalmers, & Arroyo aren't doing the job as far as I'm concerned.

Super.
04-21-2010, 02:49 PM
Dear Quentin Richardson

Thank you for igniting the Celtics Defense.

-Celtics Fans.

Russollini
04-21-2010, 02:50 PM
I think the PG is where it starts....we have ZERO ball movement and penetration. Wade is not a PG, and he should not be running the show. He needs to be able to break free of the ball and take a good pass. Rondo ill is still doing the little things and moving the ball well. We should call NO and try to get one of their PGs this offseason. Beas and whoever they want except Wade for Paul or Darren Collison. They are going to have to move one of them, and I could see them moving Paul for monetary or health reasons keeping the younger of the two, or trading Collison while his stock is high.

abe_froman
04-21-2010, 02:58 PM
Definitely so. Wade's still debating on whether or not he should stay or go, probably. Adding a big name player like Amar'e or Bosh into the equation changes the whole outlook. Mainly, I'd get Amar'e for Wade, and then get a Point-Guard who can run the offense, because Rafer, Chalmers, & Arroyo aren't doing the job as far as I'm concerned.

i get that posters here over glorify names,like thats all the matters/is the end all be all just the fame level.but you spend to keep wade,and get say amare..well ok money's all but gone and still no pg,c.so trade? you can trade beasley i guess(but his value is at an all time low,not going to net good value),but ok you get your pg in trade...but still no center.no one to even attempt to match up with howard.you still lose

the best,and i know it sounds counter to how we judge things,is forgo the big name and break the money up to just give wade a strong supporting cast

RadiantShot
04-21-2010, 03:09 PM
i get that posters here over glorify names,like thats all the matters/is the end all be all just the fame level.but you spend to keep wade,and get say amare..well ok money's all but gone and still no pg,c.so trade? you can trade beasley i guess(but his value is at an all time low,not going to net good value),but ok you get your pg in trade...but still no center.no one to even attempt to match up with howard.you still lose

the best,and i know it sounds counter to how we judge things,is forgo the big name and break the money up to just give wade a strong supporting cast

The NBA is just big one game of matchups though. You're not going to win the category every-time. You cannot go out seeking a center just to guard Howard. *Cough.* Then you have to worry about other teams, and how they match up against you, etc.

I'm not saying they HAVE to get Amar'e or Bosh in order to be successful, but that's the only thing I can see changing Wade's mind. I mean, the Heat got Jermaine O'Neal, and look how bad he is now. He doesn't work in the Heat's rotation with Wade at all. To me, I think the Heat should focus on moving Jermaine, Arroyo, & Chalmers, along with any other mediocre players, to get someone solid, like a David Lee, or a great role player, like J.R. Smith. (Not necessarily saying those are the people they'll get, but you catch my drift.) This lineup they have right now, isn't a good one. Sure they've won 40-however-many games, but the fact stands that they don't play well together. Focus on getting in a few key role players, and get some experience in there. I'd trade Beasley right now anyways, just for the simple fact you could bring in someone better, and he's not showing any promising signs of being better.

Super.
04-21-2010, 03:51 PM
The NBA is just big one game of matchups though. You're not going to win the category every-time. You cannot go out seeking a center just to guard Howard. *Cough.* Then you have to worry about other teams, and how they match up against you, etc.

I'm not saying they HAVE to get Amar'e or Bosh in order to be successful, but that's the only thing I can see changing Wade's mind. I mean, the Heat got Jermaine O'Neal, and look how bad he is now. He doesn't work in the Heat's rotation with Wade at all. To me, I think the Heat should focus on moving Jermaine, Arroyo, & Chalmers, along with any other mediocre players, to get someone solid, like a David Lee, or a great role player, like J.R. Smith. (Not necessarily saying those are the people they'll get, but you catch my drift.) This lineup they have right now, isn't a good one. Sure they've won 40-however-many games, but the fact stands that they don't play well together. Focus on getting in a few key role players, and get some experience in there. I'd trade Beasley right now anyways, just for the simple fact you could bring in someone better, and he's not showing any promising signs of being better.

Perk does that Job better than most :D

BALLER71
04-21-2010, 03:58 PM
Does anyone want to sig bet?

We will get swept and D-Wade will still re-sign.

Raph12
04-21-2010, 04:00 PM
Perk does that Job better than most :D

True, Perk defends Dwight better than maybe any other player in the league. But Dwight exorcised some demons when he scored on Perk in the final 2 meetings. Perk said Dwight had added more to his game and that he'd have to take his defense up another notch. Perk is one of the best post defenders in the league today, maybe the only guy besides Dwight who could guard Shaq effectively in the post as well, but just like Dwight, Perk needs to add to his offensive game.

IRUAM #21
04-21-2010, 04:05 PM

All those guys are FA's, Beasley is our only trade chip and his value is low. I see us building up the team through FA. And I agree about the team not playing well together. No one in the lineup fits in well with Wade.

BALLER71
04-21-2010, 04:11 PM

I don't know why....

were people actually expecting the Heat to go deep into the playoffs? I don't understand how this affects Wade leaving. We all knew the Heat would lose this series...

smith&wesson
04-21-2010, 04:29 PM
Wade needs help. watching that game hurt my head. it was wade vs boston.

Avenged
04-21-2010, 04:50 PM
I don't know why....

were people actually expecting the Heat to go deep into the playoffs? I don't understand how this affects Wade leaving. We all knew the Heat would lose this series...

82 people in the Boston vs Miami game thread think otherwise.

Sportfan
04-21-2010, 06:52 PM
Big baby got a little sexual..... look below

edit damnit the arrow wont go in the middle |
. |
. |
. V