PDA

View Full Version : Indiana Pacers to New Jersey?

jmastert
04-20-2010, 03:56 PM
It has been recently reported that the Indiana Pacers would consider moving if the city doesn't agree to cover the cost to renovate Conseco Fieldhouse. Could the state of New Jersey, currently gearing up to support the hell out of the Nets in Newark, be in the market for a team when Brooklyn grows some legs and carries the Nets to the promised land? Oklahoma City did it with the Hornets, and the Seattle Superthunder fell into their lap, Kevin Durant included at no extra cost.

With TJ Ford, Mike Dunleavy, Jeff Foster and Troy Murphy set to come off the books after next season they'd be shedding over 31 million dollars. These contracts could also become very valuable towards the end of next season as perfect trade bait. (Monta Ellis or Gilbert Arenas would look pretty good with "New Jersey" displayed proudly on their chest.)

Oh, and the Pacers also have this guy named Danny Granger locked up until 2015 as well as what looks to be a top ten draft pick in this upcoming draft. Roster wise, things don't look so bad for this team. They even have a couple New Jerseyans in Dahntay Jones and AJ Price set to be coming off their bench for the next few years.

Could the Indiana Pacers move to New Jersey? Stranger things have happened

Lets see how the market is for the Nets now in Newark. If good, i could definitely see a team making a move to Newark.

TheWatcher34
04-20-2010, 06:34 PM
:eyebrow:

IAmKira
04-20-2010, 06:46 PM
I welcome another dead end team to the tri states area!

GrumpyOldMan
04-20-2010, 06:59 PM
I'd like to see the Seattle fans taken care of first, but I'd hate to see them leave Indiana.

JiffyMix88
04-20-2010, 07:16 PM
i sure hope not the basketball roots are deep, they need to just at teams to seattle and nj

black1605
04-20-2010, 07:17 PM
was this written by any legitimate journalist, or did you put it in quotes you make your b.s. look legit?

netsgiantsyanks
04-20-2010, 07:20 PM
maybe but if they relocate anywhere they should rename their team the hightowers and have sum retro denver nuggets 1980's like jersey or the 60's golden state warrior jerseys

IAmKira
04-20-2010, 07:21 PM
i sure hope not the basketball roots are deep, they need to just at teams to seattle and nj

:facepalm::facepalm: get educated! We speak english here.

shen
04-20-2010, 08:55 PM
ESPN reported that Pacers are entertaining the possibility of relocating. I would like to see them go to Seattle, retake the name. As legally if a team goes to Seattle then all stats and history goes to them. Part of the ruling from the courts which allowed the thunder to go to OKC.

JiffyMix88
04-21-2010, 08:40 PM

my mistake and you happy now *******

JiffyMix88
04-21-2010, 08:42 PM

just because i mistakenly put at instead of add you a *******

black1605
04-21-2010, 09:08 PM
way to reply to the same post twice....but anyway, adding 2 teams would be the dumbest thing ever. there is already not enough talent to field the teams that already exist.

JiffyMix88
04-23-2010, 03:33 AM
way to reply to the same post twice....but anyway, adding 2 teams would be the dumbest thing ever. there is already not enough talent to field the teams that already exist.

i dont agree if the nfl can find 53 players for 32 teams then the nba can find 30 more players for 2 more teams.... also i like how they have the standings in the nfl espicially for the playoffs so all of the top 4 teams of their division would get in. but we all have our own opinions

JiffyMix88
04-23-2010, 03:34 AM

i did it again sexy isnt it

abe_froman
04-23-2010, 03:48 AM
i dont agree if the nfl can find 53 players for 32 teams then the nba can find 30 more players for 2 more teams.... also i like how they have the standings in the nfl espicially for the playoffs so all of the top 4 teams of their division would get in. but we all have our own opinions

2 different animals,the pool of talent to choose from in the nfl is much larger than that of nba(what is it like 8 rounds or so??? v. just the 2),same with rosters(53 men v. 12).and though there are a few exceptions,you basically have to have gone in the lotto type talent to be a starter in the league

the "just cuz the nfl does it" isnt a good enough argument as each sport is different(thus how its done is different to),we just recovered from the talent drop from last expansion a couple seasons ago,it should be awhile before it happens again

ryder78c
04-23-2010, 03:59 AM
Seattle SuperPacers

Fireworld
04-23-2010, 04:58 AM
uhhh, ok then.