PDA

View Full Version : Bill Walton Considered Suicide

TragicallyHip
04-20-2010, 03:51 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/04/20/bill-walton-i-considered_n_544302.html

Bill Walton suffered from back pain so severe that he contemplated suicide, according to Nick Canepa of the San Diego Union -Tribune.

The Basketball Hall of Famer and Emmy award-winning broadcaster now feels better thanks to a doctor at UC-San Diego.

Whom prescribed the medical marijuana that Walton so craved, no doubt. :eyebrow:

Seriously though, to each their own and there's many people who are glad he found an alternative solution.

JDizzle
04-20-2010, 03:53 PM
thank god world be a different place without bill

Raph12
04-20-2010, 03:57 PM
I was wondering what had happened to Bill, didn't see him broadcasting for some time (not that he was very good or anything).

JordansBulls
04-20-2010, 04:00 PM
Man, did he recently have back pain, or has he always had it?

Iodine
04-20-2010, 04:02 PM
Bill Walton, whenever I think of him, I get sad

Dude would be a top 7 player based on peak alone, I have never seen a guy before or since who loved playing the game as much as him

asandhu23
04-20-2010, 04:04 PM
:(

TragicallyHip
04-20-2010, 04:09 PM
Years ago, I was watching a game in which he was a commentator when the ball handler appeard to change his pivot foot and drive to the hole for an easy 2. When the other guy with him said something critical of the defender, Walton quipped back:

"The ballhandler switched his pivot foot, what's a defender to do!?"
in that trademark Walton enthusiasm.

Obviously it has stuck with me to this day and my brother and I still make jokes about it.

SteveNash
04-20-2010, 04:09 PM
Man, did he recently have back pain, or has he always had it?

He's always had it. Playing with a broken back must not of helped.

Pierzynski4Prez
04-20-2010, 04:12 PM
I don't wish suicide on anybody, but I wouldn't mind if Walton lost the ability to speak.

Ssshbliblibl00p
04-20-2010, 04:17 PM
Now I kinda feel bad for screeming "drop dead you has been" during his infamous "Throw it down big ma faze" in the early 2000's.

Ray_R
04-20-2010, 04:26 PM
Every time i think of Bill Walton i think of Lil Nicky

The Final Boss
04-20-2010, 04:28 PM
"Nice pass."

AIsixersFK
04-20-2010, 04:41 PM
"That was the greatest _____________________ of all time!"

"Throw it down big man"

Young2Kinsler
04-20-2010, 04:45 PM
I don't wish death on people, but I'll agree the world would be better off if he couldn't talk. One of the most annoying broadcasters of all time, he said the dumbest **** ever.

Hope he is doing ok tho, he's fine as a human, sucks on TV

NaccAttack11
04-20-2010, 04:56 PM
Every time i think of Bill Walton i think of Lil Nicky

"And yes, my hair is a flame!"

avrpatsfan
04-20-2010, 05:07 PM
Wow.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
04-20-2010, 05:19 PM
his son Luke is dealing with major back problems also

Kingz4L
04-20-2010, 05:21 PM
Glad he feels better now

Ssshbliblibl00p
04-20-2010, 05:23 PM
throw it down big man throw it down!!!!!!! Down!!!!!!

Throw it down zo throw it down!!!!!!!! Oh throw it down duncan throw it down!!!!!!! Grrrrrrrrrrr

throw it down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <echo> throw it down down down down

commonsense12
04-20-2010, 05:25 PM
Am i the only one who thinks that this might just be a political statement to get marijuana legalized? I mean look at a picture of Walton in college, if he isnt the poster child for dirty hippies then i dont know who is. I mean he still wears tie dyed crap. Now i know what you are thinking "just because he looks like a dirty hippie doesnt mean he smokes weed". But if it looks like a duck and talks like a duck, well.......

BTW one of best southpark episodes ever was when the dirty hippies came to southpark lol.

Ssshbliblibl00p
04-20-2010, 05:31 PM
Nice Walton mix...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFmxxpHMee8&feature=fvw

Throw it down...just **** everything and just Throw it down big man.

Ssshbliblibl00p
04-20-2010, 05:32 PM
Am i the only one who thinks that this might just be a political statement to get marijuana legalized? I mean look at a picture of Walton in college, if he isnt the poster child for dirty hippies then i dont know who is. I mean he still wears tie dyed crap. Now i know what you are thinking "just because he looks like a dirty hippie doesnt mean he smokes weed". But if it looks like a duck and talks like a duck, well.......

BTW one of best southpark episodes ever was when the dirty hippies came to southpark lol.

"Legalize it...and don't try to fight it"

P. Tosh

TragicallyHip
04-20-2010, 05:34 PM

Not to mention he's a HUGE Grateful Dead fan.

spoonhoops
04-20-2010, 05:35 PM
Bill , you're my boy...

surf and turf
04-20-2010, 07:02 PM

The man has admittedly attended over 1000, yes 3 zeros, Grateful Dead Shows . hey have been known to take LSD at Dead Shows. One of the side effects of chronic LSD use is depression. I remember when he came to the Celtics i thought he was washed up. The guy was a warrior. He could barely walk yet gave that Celtic team everything he had

ldc62
04-20-2010, 07:14 PM
lol: "Shaq and Yao Ming is the greatest big man matchup of alltime!!!!"

dbroncos78087
04-20-2010, 07:16 PM
Considering this has become a depository for suicide jokes this thread will be closed and i highly advice everyone to just leave it be.