PDA

View Full Version : Why does Lebron hardly ever get any fouls called on him?

JordansBulls
04-20-2010, 10:37 AM
Why does Lebron hardly ever get any fouls called on him?

If you look the last 2 years, he has only had one game where he has had 5 fouls called. Most of his games he has 1-2 fouls on him. I don't see you can be that agressive and get only 1-2 fouls called on you, but then on the other end other guys pick up fouls rather quickly.

mavwar53
04-20-2010, 10:41 AM
Better question, if he was on your team would you be asking the same question?

Another, why does everyone hate on LBJ.

Tribe
04-20-2010, 10:43 AM

If you look the last 2 years, he has only had one game where he has had 5 fouls called. Most of his games he has 1-2 fouls on him. I don't see you can be that agressive and get only 1-2 fouls called on you, but then on the other end other guys pick up fouls rather quickly.

lol

mikantsass
04-20-2010, 10:49 AM
LeBron is god, god doesnt foul.... Dont worry JB 2 more games and you wont have to watch him dump on the Bulls

-Kobe24-TJ19-
04-20-2010, 10:50 AM
cause Stern is in love in him

bigsams50
04-20-2010, 10:53 AM
Because he's *** raping you Bulls?

D1JM
04-20-2010, 10:56 AM
Because he's *** raping you Bulls?

I think u should focus on ur team not getting *** rapped themselves too;)

Hawkeye15
04-20-2010, 10:56 AM
because he doesn't reach much. His blocks come from him letting the ball come loose first. he doesn't attempt to take charges, so he doesn't get a lot of blocking fouls. He doesn't foul very often, that is why.

THE_G.O.A.T.
04-20-2010, 10:59 AM

The NBA wouldn't dare let anyone stop their "LeBron vs. Kobe" finals matchup. He doesn't get any fouls called on him because the NBA doesn't want anyone but the Cavs and Lakers in the finals. Its the same reason the same teams (Cleveland, Orlando, Boston, and LA) play every Sunday.

prodigy
04-20-2010, 11:01 AM
Agree with hawkeye.

bigsams50
04-20-2010, 11:02 AM
I think u should focus on ur team not getting *** rapped themselves too;)

Agreed, but im not the one making thread complaining about the other teams star player

blams
04-20-2010, 11:03 AM
Agree with hawkeye.

:rolleyes:

IndyFan
04-20-2010, 11:07 AM
lol

+1 :laugh2:

because he doesn't reach much. His blocks come from him letting the ball come loose first. he doesn't attempt to take charges, so he doesn't get a lot of blocking fouls. He doesn't foul very often, that is why.

this is why. he also doesn't stay in front of his man. he chases from behind to get his blocks.

plus he get the superstar's benefit of the doubt. you remember that don't you JB? :D

Cubsfan365
04-20-2010, 11:08 AM
Better questions: How does LeBron and other Cavs get fouled when absolutely no one touches them? How does Derrick Rose get 6 free throw attempts on 52 shots in the first two games?

bbcmillionaire
04-20-2010, 11:09 AM
man id love a magic vs denver matchup:( but the comissh wont let that happen

bbcmillionaire
04-20-2010, 11:11 AM
+1 :laugh2:

this is why. he also doesn't stay in front of his man. he chases from behind to get his blocks.

plus he get the superstar's benefit of the doubt. you remember that don't you JB? :D

haha still bitter over mj23 huh lol? man what about reggie sticking that leg out everytime he shot? offensive foul for a lesser player, but hey he did it good though huh

rhaas74
04-20-2010, 11:12 AM
Better questions: How does LeBron and other Cavs get fouled when absolutely no one touches them? How does Derrick Rose get 6 free throw attempts on 52 shots in the first two games?

Maybe that is because Rose drives to the lane and then fades away from the contact. On the other hand LeBron goes for the contact to make it a 3 point play. Maybe if you watched the game instead of just looking at the stats you would understand these things.

ShockerArt
04-20-2010, 11:13 AM

This is a much more plausible and intelligent answer than the ones from the conspiracy theorists and/or whiny Chicago fans.

Hawkeye15
04-20-2010, 11:13 AM

Rose, unless he in on a break, has been shooting 18 foot fallaways. Hard to get fouled doing that.

D1JM
04-20-2010, 11:14 AM
Maybe that is because Rose drives to the lane and then fades away from the contact. On the other hand LeBron goes for the contact to make it a 3 point play. Maybe if you watched the game instead of just looking at the stats you would understand these things.

so since when slapping another player's wrist is fading away from contact?

Cubsfan365
I watched both games all the way through actually. And I know for a fact that Rose has definitely been hacked on more than 3 damn shots.

Cubsfan365
Rose, unless he in on a break, has been shooting 18 foot fallaways. Hard to get fouled doing that.
That's just a false statement.

Hawkeye15
04-20-2010, 11:17 AM
I watched both games all the way through actually. And I know for a fact that Rose has definitely been hacked on more than 3 damn shots.

I am not saying LeBron never gets the benefit of the whistle. But if Rose wants to see the free throw line, he needs to force the issue. If he sits back and waits for the refs to bail him out, aint gonna happen. on top of that, Rose NEVER talks to the refs. he needs to get over there and tell them to watch certain things that are happening. And I am sorry, he has been shooting midrange jumpers both games, all night. Just like he did this season. Its wonderful that he has developed an elite mid range game. But he better fall out of love with it and start using that freakish athletic ability if he wants his team to advance.

rhaas74
04-20-2010, 11:19 AM
During the regular season Rose average 4.3 FTA per game. So over the two games he is down 2.6 FTA combined. LeBron on the other hand averaged 10.2 FTA per game. Over the two games he has 13 FTA, which is 7.4 under in the combined games. However, you don't see Cavs fans complaining about LeBron not going to the line enough.

vikesblitz
04-20-2010, 11:19 AM
Idk if you have realized but the NBA is rigged...Also they are the number one seed so the refs all bet on the cavs...therefore they cant let Lebron(God to them) get fouled out, so they don't call fouls on him

dukejazz
04-20-2010, 11:21 AM
Well once your a superstar they dont want to call as many fouls on you because they attract fans and tehy want more fans to come by letting the superstar get more points etc.

prodigy
04-20-2010, 11:21 AM
Idk if you have realized but the NBA is rigged...Also they are the number one seed so the refs all bet on the cavs...therefore they cant let Lebron(God to them) get fouled out, so they don't call fouls on him

Ya, Refs have been helping Cleveland teams for years let me tell ya. We got the championships to prove it. o wait, Ummm never mind.

Cubsfan365
04-20-2010, 11:22 AM
I am not saying LeBron never gets the benefit of the whistle. But if Rose wants to see the free throw line, he needs to force the issue. If he sits back and waits for the refs to bail him out, aint gonna happen. on top of that, Rose NEVER talks to the refs. he needs to get over there and tell them to watch certain things that are happening. And I am sorry, he has been shooting midrange jumpers both games, all night. Just like he did this season. Its wonderful that he has developed an elite mid range game. But he better fall out of love with it and start using that freakish athletic ability if he wants his team to advance.
I looked at the shot chart and Rose had 10 shots in the paint in the first game and 11 in the second, so that's hardly all jumpers

fadedmario
04-20-2010, 11:23 AM
Because he's the princess of the NBA

Cubsfan365
04-20-2010, 11:23 AM
Ya, Refs have been helping Cleveland teams for years let me tell ya. We got the championships to prove it. o wait, Ummm never mind.
How do you explain phantom foul calls then?

D1JM
04-20-2010, 11:24 AM

you got the refs and lebron's biggest **** sucker stern helping you guys out too, dont forget that

rhaas74
I looked at the shot chart and Rose had 10 shots in the paint in the first game and 11 in the second, so that's hardly all jumpers

He also took 31 shots outside then too.

Hawkeye15
That's just a false statement.

31/52 shot attempts are from midrange or farther. Take away his 8 virtually uncontested baskets (nobody really attempted to block), you have nearly 75% of his attempts outside. You are not gonna see a lot of free throws this way.

Hawkeye15
04-20-2010, 11:27 AM
as someone stated as well, LeBron's foul shot attempts are also down in this series. Its the playoffs. Be a man. If you want a foul call, go get it. They dont call swipes and bumps. And reputation proceeds as well. Refs know LeBron is going to create contact. Therefore he gets benefits.

Cubsfan365
04-20-2010, 11:27 AM
31/52 shot attempts are from midrange or farther. Take away his 8 virtually uncontested baskets (nobody really attempted to block), you have nearly 75% of his attempts outside. You are not gonna see a lot of free throws this way.
The Cavs have made contact with him on more than 3 shots. That's the bottom line. It's come to the point where bulls fans don't expect to get foul calls.

prodigy
04-20-2010, 11:28 AM
How do you explain phantom foul calls then?

Does not happen, thats how.

Hawkeye15
04-20-2010, 11:28 AM
The Cavs have made contact with him on more than 3 shots. That's the bottom line. It's come to the point where bulls fans don't expect to get foul calls.

its called the playoffs. They are not going to call small hand checks. If Rose has a problem with it, then he should be in the refs ear.

D1JM
04-20-2010, 11:29 AM
as someone stated as well, LeBron's foul shot attempts are also down in this series. Its the playoffs. Be a man. If you want a foul call, go get it. They dont call swipes and bumps. And reputation proceeds as well. Refs know LeBron is going to create contact. Therefore he gets benefits.

since you are the expert in fouls, how come shaq doesnt get offensive fouls with all the elbows he throws?

Cubsfan365
That's been something that has been talked about all year long. Rose does draw contact and hardly ever goes to the foul line throughout the season.

fadedmario
Queen James

prodigy
you got the refs and lebron's biggest **** sucker stern helping you guys out too, don't forget that

Well I hope your right. bout time we get a dang championship here.

Hawkeye15
04-20-2010, 11:31 AM
since you are the expert in fouls, how come shaq doesnt get offensive fouls with all the elbows he throws?

never has. Shaq gets just as much as he takes. Has since he was at LSU

Cubsfan365
04-20-2010, 11:32 AM
Does not happen, thats how.
There was a replay yesterday of someone on the Cavs, I believe it was Delonte West, dribbling towards the basket and shooting and no one on the Bulls touched him and somehow it was a foul.

NotAnotherYear
04-20-2010, 11:32 AM
honestly did all the bulls fans think they had a chance anyways? stop complaining...im a knicks fan.

Hawkeye15
04-20-2010, 11:33 AM
That's been something that has been talked about all year long. Rose does draw contact and hardly ever goes to the foul line throughout the season.

then either Rose, or Del Negro need to address it with the refs. Until one of them attempts to get calls for Rose, then there is no reason to complain. Rose is the most soft spoken player there is. Dude needs to stand up for himself.

prodigy
since you are the expert in fouls, how come shaq doesn't get offensive fouls with all the elbows he throws?

Shaq has the right to turn around. If the player is in his space and takes an elbow, THAT IS NOT A FOUL. Have to allow him to move.

Now if he pushes with the elbow thats a foul.

Raph12
He's a lazy defender, he rarely plays tight man defense and just gambles on blocks and steals by waiting for the player to release the ball or playing the passing lanes... If anything, he commits fouls on the offensive end by bulldozing over defenders (which is usually called as a blocking foul).

Cubsfan365
04-20-2010, 11:34 AM
then either Rose, or Del Negro need to address it with the refs. Until one of them attempts to get calls for Rose, then there is no reason to complain. Rose is the most soft spoken player there is. Dude needs to stand up for himself.
He has said stuff to the refs before, and Del Negro got ejected for arguing with refs about it late in the season.

Cubsfan365
04-20-2010, 11:35 AM
Shaq has the right to turn around. If the player is in his space and takes an elbow, THAT IS NOT A FOUL. Have to allow him to move.

Now if he pushes with the elbow thats a foul.
I didn't know it was necessary to throw your elbow at Noah's face in order to turn around.

bbcmillionaire
04-20-2010, 11:35 AM
honestly did all the bulls fans think they had a chance anyways? stop complaining...im a knicks fan.

lol i feel obliged to give you some change somehow

prodigy
04-20-2010, 11:37 AM
He's a lazy defender, he rarely plays tight man defense and just gambles on blocks and steals by waiting for the player to release the ball or playing the passing lanes... If anything, he commits fouls on the offensive end by bulldozing over defenders (which is usually called as a blocking foul).

Lebron is the best player in the NBA at finding open lanes. Players try to jump in front of him and 98% of the time they are moving because their worried about getting hurt. Can't really blame them.

NotAnotherYear
04-20-2010, 11:37 AM
lol i feel obliged to give you some change somehow

lol anything i can get

Niro
04-20-2010, 11:39 AM

this

stop hating lebron cuz he is a good player

prodigy
04-20-2010, 11:39 AM
I didn't know it was necessary to throw your elbow at Noah's face in order to turn around.

Shaq is 7'1. When he holds the ball and turns, Noah's ugly face is there. I hope shaq wiped the nasty off his elbow.

KingSteeler23_6
04-20-2010, 11:42 AM
Hahahahaha look at the sad little bulls fan making a thread because his teams down 0-2 and he thinks its because of fouls. Maybe its because james johnson got posterized and noahs self esteem got shot down after lebron hit a nice 3 right in his mouth. It has nothing to do with fouls clown. Why do you think lebron is always mentioned as a DPOY because maybe he has good defense and he would be the hands down winner if it wasn't for Superman 2.0. And its not like his fouls are low his career average is 2.0. Johnsons was 2.3, jordans was 2.6, and kobes is 2.66. Maybe if his average was 1.5 or something you'd have a legeitimate arguement. But he averages about just as much as other great players. When your are the best and your team leader you can't foul and GREAt players notice that. Now just enjoy greatness as he continues to take a dooky on your teams face and quit making excuses by posting dumb *** threads.

D1JM
04-20-2010, 11:42 AM

so you mean cry about getting fouled?

bigsams50
04-20-2010, 11:44 AM

Wht do you think youre doing now? YOur complaining about fouls not getting called

bbcmillionaire
04-20-2010, 11:44 AM
i understand lebron is the best in the nba, but c'mon does he/ the team needs any extra calls, just let em play stern/refs. This is 90% of the bulls forum/fans plea

D1JM
04-20-2010, 11:46 AM
Wht do you think youre doing now? YOur complaining about fouls not getting called

really?

Hawkeye15

No. You go to the ref at a dead ball and explain your case. Let them know what to watch for. Crying and yelling dont work

Cubsfan365
Shaq is 7'1. When he holds the ball and turns, Noah's ugly face is there. I hope shaq wiped the nasty off his elbow.
Noah is 7'0. His face is clearly not at the level of Shaq's elbow. It's obvious to me that Shaq raises his elbows, which isn't necessary to just turn around.

alencp3
04-20-2010, 11:49 AM

Because he is the best player

blams
04-20-2010, 11:50 AM
this

stop hating lebron cuz he is a good player

I don't care that he is the best player in the NBA, he is a douche bag

bigsams50
04-20-2010, 11:50 AM
really?

Sorry man, Theres just 2 many Bulls fans that complain in the NBA forum. It starts to get tiresome seeing it always lol

Hawkeye15
04-20-2010, 11:51 AM
Noah is 7'0. His face is clearly not at the level of Shaq's elbow. It's obvious to me that Shaq raises his elbows, which isn't necessary to just turn around.

Its no wonder many dont understand why Shaq does that. Maybe everyone here should go to Pete Newell's camp.
Basketball 101-
If you are a big man, when you catch the ball, get it up high and keep it there. You don't want guards swiping it from you. So, Shaq getting the ball up and turning is what you are supposed to do.

D1JM
04-20-2010, 11:53 AM
Sorry man, Theres just 2 many Bulls fans that complain in the NBA forum. It starts to get tiresome seeing it always lol

I know what you mean. I just like giving people a hard time. People seem to get rowdy and in attack mode whenever there is something relating to the bulls. It cracks me up. People compare us to the Jets fan's lol

Cubsfan365
Its no wonder many dont understand why Shaq does that. Maybe everyone here should go to Pete Newell's camp.
Basketball 101-
If you are a big man, when you catch the ball, get it up high and keep it there. You don't want guards swiping it from you. So, Shaq getting the ball up and turning is what you are supposed to do.
Guarantee if Noah elbowed anyone on the Cavs in the face it would be a foul.

bigsams50
I know what you mean. I just like giving people a hard time. People seem to get rowdy and in attack mode whenever there is something relating to the bulls. It cracks me up. People compare us to the Jets fan's lol

Im a Jets fan actually lol

D1JM
04-20-2010, 11:56 AM
plus, now i know what other teams felt when they played against MJ. Cavs are the superior team, but next year will be different if we get a free agent. A closer especially because that is the only thing that has killed this season and yesterday's game.

bbcmillionaire
04-20-2010, 11:57 AM
lol man im jumping on the kobe bandwagon after this series.........nawl im sticking with my spurs,magic,nuggets

prodigy
04-20-2010, 11:58 AM
Noah is 6'11. Just saying.

Hawkeye15
04-20-2010, 12:00 PM
Guarantee if Noah elbowed anyone on the Cavs in the face it would be a foul.

cause he keeps the ball low, so his elbows would be swinging upward to clear. Its not the same. If you do what you are supposed to, and keep the hands up at all times, its not a foul.
Shaq has been doing this for 15 years.

Cubsfan365
04-20-2010, 12:00 PM
Noah is 6'11. Just saying.
Oh God. Excuse me :facepalm:

Hawkeye15
04-20-2010, 12:01 PM
Oh God. Excuse me :facepalm:

INCHES MATTER! haha.

bbcmillionaire
04-20-2010, 12:03 PM
INCHES MATTER! haha.

THAT WHAT SHE SAID:eyebrow:

Cubsfan365
04-20-2010, 12:03 PM
INCHES MATTER! haha.
Well we all know how accurate listed heights are anyways.

greenl9791
04-20-2010, 12:05 PM
Better question, if he was on your team would you be asking the same question?

Another, why does everyone hate on LBJ.

I don't think it's hate, it's simply wanting the game to be called the same. Hell, at least Durant gets bumped or pushed. If you stare at Lebron or breathe on him, they are calling fouls. The hate if for the refs but he is relishing in all of it. What a "SUPERSTAR"

Hawkeye15
04-20-2010, 12:09 PM
I don't think it's hate, it's simply wanting the game to be called the same. Hell, at least Durant gets bumped or pushed. If you stare at Lebron or breathe on him, they are calling fouls. The hate if for the refs but he is relishing in all of it. What a "SUPERSTAR"

show me a superstar who doesn't get calls. Seriously. Its a superstar league. Its always been that way. If you don't like it, watch something else.

Hawkeye15
04-20-2010, 12:10 PM
Well we all know how accurate listed heights are anyways.

totally. Just go to draftexpress, and at least for players taken in the last 6-7 years, it will have their real height. Or at least their height at the pre draft. Some of the kids grow after that (KG)

blams
04-20-2010, 12:13 PM
show me a superstar who doesn't get calls. Seriously. Its a superstar league. Its always been that way. If you don't like it, watch something else.

Derrick Rose. Yes, he is a superstar now.

Ssshbliblibl00p
04-20-2010, 12:15 PM
Because he's arguably the best player in the league and these things tend to happen.

God the PSD gets worse every year with the amount of dumb threads on here.

amoore87
04-20-2010, 12:15 PM
he doesnt foul that much on defense

Chronz
04-20-2010, 12:16 PM
Cuz players dont attack him and he gives everyone open space.

sep11ie
04-20-2010, 12:16 PM
Cuz he calls the games while he plays.

chuckdaily85
04-20-2010, 12:23 PM
listen Lebron James is the new face of the NBA so he's not going to get many fouls called against him. thats why. whoever says Derrick Rose is shying away from contact is absolutely absurd. he goes to the basket and gets fouled damn near every time he gores for a lay-up but Derrick Rose is a star and not a superstar, so he doesnt get those calls. There is a difference b/t superstars and stars. Bron, Kobe, Wade, Melo, and slowly but surely Durant are superstars, so they get those extra calls. As far as Bron idk why they dont call fouls on him b/c they do call fouls on Kobe, Wade and everybody else. I seen Melo foul out last night. The charge call was horrible b/c if thats the case then Lebron should have at least 2 of those off that bat to start the game.

Hawkeye15
04-20-2010, 12:26 PM
Derrick Rose. Yes, he is a superstar now.

not really. He will probably be one day. And besides, point guards don't draw fouls at the rate of star wing players or post players. Here is a list of the top PG's, and their % of shot attempts they draw fouls on, just to get a gauge of Rose vs the top PG's

Rose- 9.8%
Paul- 8.5%
Williams- 13.7%
Parker- 13.7%
Nash- 5.5%
Billups- 14.6%
Rondo- 11.3%

now, Nash never shoots inside, you would expect his to be low. Rondo shoots half his attempts in the paint, Parker a huge percentage as well. So you would expect them to have higher rates. Rose, and Williams shoot around 30% of their attempts inside. Williams is an established all star without the lift of Rose, who relies on creating contact. Paul is a snake, and keeps so low he doesnt get fouled a lot. Billups is the curve destroyer here. He shoots most of his shots outside, and has the highest rate. BUT, he is a crafty vet who gets players in the air nightly, and gets to the line.

You can see here, Rose gets what he deserves. Sorry.

chuckdaily85
04-20-2010, 12:26 PM
cause he keeps the ball low, so his elbows would be swinging upward to clear. Its not the same. If you do what you are supposed to, and keep the hands up at all times, its not a foul.
Shaq has been doing this for 15 years.

and btw that still is a foul..they havent and never called on Shaq b/c he was one of the most premiere players in the game. If Brook Lopez uses that same move he would foul out every game. But thats just something you have to expect when you play Shaq, but no matter what if a player is elbowed in the face its a foul.
with that being said none of this matters b/c the Cavs are going to win this series regardless.

ElMarroAfamado
04-20-2010, 12:28 PM
cause he is the best basketball player in the history of the world
(without any rings)
and no he is not getting one this year

greenl9791
04-20-2010, 12:28 PM

I do watch something else, I watch Orlando play and how Dwight can get beat up and fouls are at a premium but as soon as he swats someone's shot, all the "Lebron's" want a foul called. Is Dwight a superstar? Someone said Derrick Rose, Is he a superstar? or is Lebron the only superstar?

bbd24
04-20-2010, 12:29 PM
Come on, the NBA knows who people want to see. Let Lebron reach in everytime he wants, contact or not. Let him go up and swat one into the stands whether he takes off an arm or not. No autopsy, No foul. Its better for the game, right ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uC6qYglQWgI&feature=fvw

Cubsfan365
04-20-2010, 12:34 PM
listen Lebron James is the new face of the NBA so he's not going to get many fouls called against him. thats why. whoever says Derrick Rose is shying away from contact is absolutely absurd. he goes to the basket and gets fouled damn near every time he gores for a lay-up but Derrick Rose is a star and not a superstar, so he doesnt get those calls. There is a difference b/t superstars and stars. Bron, Kobe, Wade, Melo, and slowly but surely Durant are superstars, so they get those extra calls. As far as Bron idk why they dont call fouls on him b/c they do call fouls on Kobe, Wade and everybody else. I seen Melo foul out last night. The charge call was horrible b/c if thats the case then Lebron should have at least 2 of those off that bat to start the game.
Thank You. At least someone else see that Rose gets fouled and drives hard to the hoop.

bbcmillionaire
04-20-2010, 12:42 PM
Come on, the NBA knows who people want to see. Let Lebron reach in everytime he wants, contact or not. Let him go up and swat one into the stands whether he takes off an arm or not. No autopsy, No foul. Its better for the game, right ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uC6qYglQWgI&feature=fvw

lol dam bron bron almost took jasons arms off

asandhu23
04-20-2010, 12:46 PM
St_r_i_s

I hate LeBron

sep11ie
04-20-2010, 01:22 PM
Cause his dad is Mike James, and the NBA fears Mike James

NYK_kidd77
04-20-2010, 01:40 PM
Simple answer to the question...because hes Lebron.

Ragan
04-20-2010, 01:50 PM
Better question: how does someone named JordansBulls not understand star treatment in the NBA?

JNA17
04-20-2010, 01:57 PM
because kings don't get fouls called on them, didn't you know?

Miltown34
04-20-2010, 02:00 PM
The NBA wouldn't dare let anyone stop their "LeBron vs. Kobe" finals matchup. He doesn't get any fouls called on him because the NBA doesn't want anyone but the Cavs and Lakers in the finals. Its the same reason the same teams (Cleveland, Orlando, Boston, and LA) play every Sunday.

Yup is that why those teams played in the finals last year:facepalm: yea I thought so punk

Just recently all those teams at the same time became really relevant, only the Lakers have had consistent winning for long periods.....I don't really like LeBron like that, then sometimes I cheer for him, but I rarely see him foul. he gets favoritism but I don't see him foul a ton

junion
04-20-2010, 02:04 PM
...because you watch the games with your heart and not your eyes.

jackdawson
04-20-2010, 02:34 PM
If someone else would make this thread, it would have already been closed. That's where you get benefit as a MOD. JB is using it at it's fullest.

Avenged
04-20-2010, 02:49 PM
If someone else would make this thread, it would have already been closed. That's where you get benefit as a MOD. JB is using it at it's fullest.

:laugh: right on the money here.

tredigs
04-20-2010, 03:01 PM

Exactly. Two lackluster threads today with the Deron Williams PG thread and this one.

I mean I get it, your Bulls are getting dismantled and you want to point shortcomings at the Cavs, but do you think he should have been in foul trouble in either game? Like Hawkeye said in the first page, he just isn't a very aggressive defender, and he's also damn smart about picking his moments. From the eye test it seems like he rarely reaches, isn't big on trying to draw a charge, always waits for the ball to be released on his trailing blocks, and has damn quick footwork/speed for such a big guy, so he rarely gets caught off balance on his mark.

Just a smart defender. On offense, combine his speed/quickness and power with the fact that he's a superstar, and a ref is going to give you the benefit of the doubt on a blocking/charging call. And honestly, most of the time they're right to do so. Not to mention that he has a knack for keeping control and changing direction mid-air to avoid a charge. Sort of reminds me of a player you covet pretty highly yourself in that regard, JB.

In closing, take the loss in grace and hope for a good free agency summer (which they're going to have). There's no shame in losing to this Cavs team, and no need to throw out implied excuse threads.

fadedmario
04-20-2010, 03:16 PM
:laugh2:

Double_R
04-20-2010, 03:30 PM
cause Stern is in love in him

Exactly.... MOney money money

Double_R
04-20-2010, 03:33 PM
Everybody can call this a hate thread, but it's a true thread...

jmastert
04-20-2010, 03:36 PM
hes just that good.

tdunk21
04-20-2010, 03:58 PM
man jordan bulls...i have seen some quality threads from u...but this i have to say is not quality....

VCaintdead17
04-20-2010, 04:03 PM
He doesn't play defense

JordansBulls
04-20-2010, 04:04 PM
Also yesterday Melo fouled out in a game that was physical.

Also I disagree with Lebron. If he can get 15 fta a game, I'm sure a lot are ticky tack fouls. The same ones that guys like Dwight and Melo always get called for. He should have more than 1-2 fouls every game. I'm not saying he should be having 5 or 6 all the time, but he certainly should be getting 3-4 each game for sure.

hugepatsfan
04-20-2010, 04:15 PM
We all know why LeBron never is called for fouls. No sense crying about it. It is what it is.

The[chi][town]
04-20-2010, 04:21 PM
During the regular season Rose average 4.3 FTA per game. So over the two games he is down 2.6 FTA combined. LeBron on the other hand averaged 10.2 FTA per game. Over the two games he has 13 FTA, which is 7.4 under in the combined games. However, you don't see Cavs fans complaining about LeBron not going to the line enough.

because he been jacking up alot of 17-20 foot jump shots which is what you want him doing, but hes making them so he is nearly impossible to defend

shen
04-20-2010, 04:26 PM
Players such as Kobe and Lebron don't get called for near as many fouls as they commit. this is a very simple thing, they are star calls, very common, and detrimental to the league. The league knows this but hates when other people call them on it. I can only prey that some day a commissionaire who cares about the sport comes in and fires any ref that does this.

RadiantShot
04-20-2010, 04:27 PM
Lebron doesn't do defense other than chase-down blocks.

tjlipford
04-20-2010, 04:39 PM
Just finished game 2 and already a bunch of LB threads. This is the playoffs, and all the games are nationally televised so everyone can see for themselves and people can stop making all these excuses.

He really doesnt foul as much as people say, because he's mostly beating people's shots in the stands or off the backboard.

basketfan4life
04-20-2010, 05:40 PM

a ref's job is to call if it's foul or not call if it is not..."a player needs to stand up for himself or refs are going to give credit to hard defensive teams" like talks are totally c rap...everybody just needs to do their job,if rose is fouled 3 times and you don't call, then you suck, he does not have to talk to himself,plain and simple.

Hawkeye15
04-20-2010, 05:43 PM
a ref's job is to call if it's foul or not call if it is not..."a player needs to stand up for himself or refs are going to give credit to hard defensive teams" like talks are totally c rap...everybody just needs to do their job,if rose is fouled 3 times and you don't call, then you suck, he does not have to talk to himself,plain and simple.

then what do you suggest homes?

basketfan4life
04-20-2010, 05:47 PM
Players such as Kobe and Lebron don't get called for near as many fouls as they commit. this is a very simple thing, they are star calls, very common, and detrimental to the league. The league knows this but hates when other people call them on it. I can only prey that some day a commissionaire who cares about the sport comes in and fires any ref that does this.

you can't generalize this for all superstars, lebron is on totally diiferent level at gettin called...kobe takes a lot of fouls,even when triying to take post position on offense, just a lot...but lebron doen't,no way,we have to be relistic here..

i just remembered the okc@cavs game, lebron totally fouled durant then blocked him,the game should go to OT but no foul called...and lal@cavs game,game was tied 40 seconds let, lebron fouled gasol when he was shooting,no call,gasol grabbed the offensive rebound,this time A.V fouled him and no call again,then lebron came and scored and cavs won the game...this way it's easy to accomplish best record and other things,if this guy wins titles this way,there still will be question marks about him, let him win things by just his own.

not to mention last years ECF...

basketfan4life
04-20-2010, 05:49 PM
then what do you suggest homes?

suggestion is in that post, just read carefully.

RaptorsFanatic
04-20-2010, 05:59 PM
man jordan bulls...i have seen some quality threads from u...but this i have to say is not quality....

Why? Because it's in opposition with the best player on your team? He is only putting the facts out and doubting them. I had posted on this topic a while ago but nobody really cared, here it is:

Lebron's Foul Averages:
2003/04 - 1.9 fouls in every 39 minutes of action.
2004/05 - 1.8 fouls in every 42 minutes of action.
2005/06 - 2.3 fouls in every 42 minutes of action.
2006/07 - 2.2 fouls in every 41 minutes of action.
2007/08 - 2.2 fouls in every 40 minutes of action.
2008/09 - 1.7 fouls in every 37 minutes of action.
2009/10 - 1.3 fouls in every 38 minutes of action.

Career: 2 fouls in 40 minutes of action per game.

If that is not ridiculous, then I don't know what is.
Career wise, Kobe is around there too at 2.7 fouls per 36 minutes of action, and Dwyane Wade is at 2.6 fouls per 38 minutes.

Hawkeye15
04-20-2010, 06:02 PM
suggestion is in that post, just read carefully.

you want refs to call the game fair? So does everyone. Its a stars league, they put people in the stands. The only way to get a call if you are not one of these people is to force the action. Rose has been settling almost exclusively for jumpers. You need to force the call.
Sorry, its not as easy as reading a rule book and calling the game. Should it be? Sure. But it isn't.

Hawkeye15
04-20-2010, 06:03 PM
Why? Because it's in opposition with the best player on your team? He is only putting the facts out and doubting them. I had posted on this topic a while ago but nobody really cared, here it is:

Lebron's Foul Averages:
2003/04 - 1.9 fouls in every 39 minutes of action.
2004/05 - 1.8 fouls in every 42 minutes of action.
2005/06 - 2.3 fouls in every 42 minutes of action.
2006/07 - 2.2 fouls in every 41 minutes of action.
2007/08 - 2.2 fouls in every 40 minutes of action.
2008/09 - 1.7 fouls in every 37 minutes of action.
2009/10 - 1.3 fouls in every 38 minutes of action.

Career: 2 fouls in 40 minutes of action per game.

If that is not ridiculous, then I don't know what is.
Career wise, Kobe is around there too at 2.7 fouls per 36 minutes of action, and Dwyane Wade is at 2.6 fouls per 38 minutes.

see my explanation on page 1 of this thread. Its the reason why.

Geargo Wallace
04-20-2010, 06:06 PM
cuz LeBron jumps over ppl when he blocks them...

RaptorsFanatic
04-20-2010, 06:08 PM
see my explanation on page 1 of this thread. Its the reason why.

It's legitimate, but that doesn't prove to me how he rarely gets offensive fouls? Every time or most of the time he goes in it's almost an automatic blocking call on the defender. I honestly can't believe that every time he goes up it's a blocking foul.

P.S. I think Carmelo carries an equal or close offensive skill set (ease of scoring) but like yesterday, he got so many calls which were blown and was called for the offensive foul numerous times. I know this doesn't defend the case but just wanted to give a small comparison.

Mrphilly
04-20-2010, 06:11 PM
I didn't know bulls fans were such B*tches. Good players go to the line and the others don't. I wonder did Bulls fan cry like this when Jordan was plying. Probaly not!!!

Just look at it this way, it will all be over after two more games.

RaptorsFanatic
04-20-2010, 06:12 PM
I didn't know bulls fans were such B*tches. Good players go to the line and the others don't. I wonder did Bulls fan cry like this when Jordan was plying. Probaly not!!!

Fail.

Geargo Wallace
04-20-2010, 06:14 PM

adda boy

basketfan4life
04-20-2010, 06:14 PM
you want refs to call the game fair? So does everyone. Its a stars league, they put people in the stands. The only way to get a call if you are not one of these people is to force the action. Rose has been settling almost exclusively for jumpers. You need to force the call.
Sorry, its not as easy as reading a rule book and calling the game. Should it be? Sure. But it isn't.
you are misleading everybody here, i'm saying if rose gets fouled 3 times and doesn't get call, if d.west gets call out of nowhere, if you favor the harder defensive team then you suck..

and you answer this with stars get stands full and something. also there is no enough explanation for 1.3 fouls per game for a full season, no matter what you say. somewhere last years playoffs,it was even crazier about lebron(if i'm not mistaken it was some games from hawks and some games from magic series,as a strech)

stawka
04-20-2010, 06:17 PM
JordansBulls... PLEASE refer to this: http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showpost.php?p=12962657&postcount=263

I know you didn't accept the bet (and for good reason), but consider it for the love of humanity, PSD and for yourself

blams
04-20-2010, 06:22 PM

Doesn't make it okay. He doesn't draw fouls- but he gets to the line. He is almost never fouled. He fouls almost every play on defense that he makes, he doesn't get called for it.

he is the most annoying *****, just look at his face when he plays. such a whiny ****.

Geargo Wallace
04-20-2010, 06:25 PM
Doesn't make it okay. He doesn't draw fouls- but he gets to the line. He is almost never fouled. He fouls almost every play on defense that he makes, he doesn't get called for it.

he is the most annoying *****, just look at his face when he plays. such a whiny ****.

Is this Joakim Noah typing?

RaptorsFanatic
04-20-2010, 06:25 PM

Although I somewhat agree with you, I don't think this will help in coming to a mutual agreement.

ARMIN12NBA
04-20-2010, 07:00 PM
Lebron is just so insanely advanced than any other player all time (except Wilt) at playing perfect basketball. He simply never commits fouls because he is so ahead of his time. :rolleyes:

Either he doesn't play defense/is soft defensively or the referees are giving him a little favorable treatment.

BullySixChicago
04-20-2010, 07:25 PM

If you look the last 2 years, he has only had one game where he has had 5 fouls called. Most of his games he has 1-2 fouls on him. I don't see you can be that agressive and get only 1-2 fouls called on you, but then on the other end other guys pick up fouls rather quickly.Fact is he does not play any defense, sure he blocks shots but they are all from coming from behind a player just watch him he never guards anyone.

JordansBulls
04-20-2010, 07:29 PM

MJ had 2 seasons in his career where he shot 10+ FTA. Lebron already has 3 seasons of 10+ FTA a game.

So if fouls are going to be called on others then they should be called on Lebron as well.

Again, I'm not arguing that Lebron should be fouling out or getting 5 fouls every game. But he should have more than 1-2 fouls a game. I would say 3-4 about 75% of the time at least.

northsider
04-20-2010, 07:33 PM

You can relax there buddy on your inaccurate over generalization of Bulls fans.

Not sure where this was a representation of everyone that's a Bulls fan must have missed that part.

Please get your facts straight before bashing a entire fan base off of a post on the ****ing internet.

Ironman5219
04-20-2010, 07:44 PM
Its called star treatment, Jordan, Kobe, and now James. It sucks and its not right, but the ref's treat them different because they are stars. Its the number one thing that drives everyone nuts, a no -name player can get run over and its a no call but if you have a star last name you get touch fouls called at will and you get away with murder on the other end.

Hawkeye15
04-20-2010, 07:46 PM
It's legitimate, but that doesn't prove to me how he rarely gets offensive fouls? Every time or most of the time he goes in it's almost an automatic blocking call on the defender. I honestly can't believe that every time he goes up it's a blocking foul.

P.S. I think Carmelo carries an equal or close offensive skill set (ease of scoring) but like yesterday, he got so many calls which were blown and was called for the offensive foul numerous times. I know this doesn't defend the case but just wanted to give a small comparison.

physics lesson. Nobody stands in front of a charging LeBron. I rarely see anyone attempt to take a charge on his drives.
and he is not an aggressive defender. He doesn't reach, moves his feet, and has unreal recovery with his jump, and he knows it.

D Roses Bulls
04-20-2010, 07:47 PM

i think its cause if a ref ever gave lebron a 6th foul, stern would fire that ref.

Hawkeye15
04-20-2010, 07:47 PM
MJ had 2 seasons in his career where he shot 10+ FTA. Lebron already has 3 seasons of 10+ FTA a game.

So if fouls are going to be called on others then they should be called on Lebron as well.

Again, I'm not arguing that Lebron should be fouling out or getting 5 fouls every game. But he should have more than 1-2 fouls a game. I would say 3-4 about 75% of the time at least.

I would be interested to know how many free throw attempts the average team took a game in around 1990 compared to now.

LEBRON_KING_23
04-20-2010, 07:49 PM
lebron doesnt get superstar calls anymore if you actually watched the Cavs season this year.
Hes gotten robbed on quite a few steals as well. God you guys are so jelous sometimes

ARMIN12NBA
04-20-2010, 07:51 PM
I would be interested to know how many free throw attempts the average team took a game in around 1990 compared to now.

It is more I believe. As was the point totals.

basketfan4life
04-20-2010, 07:53 PM
as i look at it, it's so simple...the guy has to be the next michael jordon or better than him...and there is no way him to be that if you take away these extraordinary out of this world star treatment... nike,espn,nba are all has profit gains money of this,they give the dude 90million somehing even before he played a single game in this league...you can make any argument you want,but can not explain 1.3 fpg to me,or getting crazy foul calls on the offensive end...

don't get me wrong lebron is a great player,very great...but with this way around, there will always be doubts about him...ın the year of 2008 where kobe win the mvp and got his team to the finals,people were trying to show it like a fact that lebron is the best player, yesterday same thing about lebron is the best closer, today people trying to find a way to show it ok that this guy makes only 1.3 FPG,and gets unbeliaveble calls on the other end of the floor..the nba gets more global every year, and there is reason of kobe being the most famous basketball player in the world,because fans outside usa are more objective,they barely and rarely root for any team...i'm just saying that let this dude to accomplish things by his own...don't give him a free pass to everything,the hype is unbeliaveble...

D Roses Bulls
04-20-2010, 07:56 PM
as i look at it, it's so simple...the guy has to be the next michael jordon or better than him...and there is no way him to be that if you take away these extraordinary out of this world star treatment...so much many takes place, nike,espn,nba are all has profit gains money of this,they give the dude 90million somehing even before he played a single game in this league...you can make any argument you want,but can not explain 1.3 fpg to me,or getting crazy foul calls on the offensive end...

don't get me wrong lebron is a great player,very great...but with this way around, there will always be doubts about him...ın the year of 2008 where kobe win the mvp and got his team to the finals,people were trying to show it like a fact that lebron is the best player, yesterday same thing about lebron is the best closer, today people trying to find a way to show it ok that this guy makes only 1.3 FPG,and gets unbeliaveble calls on the other end of the floor..the nba gets more global every year, and there is reason of kobe being the most famous basketball player in the world,because fans outside usa are more objective,they barely and rarely root for any team...i'm just saying that let this dude to accomplish things by his own...don't give him a free pass to everything,the hype is unbeliaveble...

good points. you can put wade up there with kobe as well. people in china love wade. you never hear lebron being talked about around the world like you do with wade and kobe. nike is trying to sell lebron like they did jordan, but what nike fails to realize is lebron is not mj. never will be

ARMIN12NBA
04-20-2010, 07:59 PM
lebron doesnt get superstar calls anymore if you actually watched the Cavs season this year.
Hes gotten robbed on quite a few steals as well. God you guys are so jelous sometimes

:facepalm:

D Roses Bulls
04-20-2010, 08:01 PM

:facepalm::facepalm:

David Stern is that you?

Public Enemy #1
04-20-2010, 08:03 PM

This is what I thought to but then last year the Cavs got owned by the Magic so this theory is bs.

D Roses Bulls
04-20-2010, 08:06 PM
This is what I thought to but then last year the Cavs got owned by the Magic so this theory is bs.

well not actually. if you noticed the refs were really favoring the cavs last year with calls. but when media circulations and shows like first take and conspiracy nuts were coming out of the wood works and complaining about the cavs special treatment the NBA had no choice but to lay back. besides, orlando was the better team anyways. thats why they won.

dodie53
04-20-2010, 08:14 PM
if leberon doesn't get called for a foul even once for a number of games,
then complain.

HeatBBall
04-20-2010, 08:19 PM
i think its cause if a ref ever gave lebron a 6th foul, stern would fire that ref.

lmao!!!!

natelpete
04-20-2010, 08:22 PM
its not just lebron...... but people love hating on him, and make threads like this

DaCardinals
04-20-2010, 08:22 PM
All the refs want to kiss his *****

_KB24_
04-20-2010, 08:24 PM
The refs are afraid that they will lose their jobs if they make Lebron's stat line look bad. I've never seen the guy get called for a charging foul ever, or a goaltending, yet the NBA fairies put him as a runner for DPOY.

shen
04-20-2010, 08:27 PM
As for OKC I would point out there has been games where Green commits a foul, then Durant does same exact thing step for step, and ref's don't even look at him.

As for LA, there have been games Kobe pushes defender to the ground before he gets the ball. Ref's close there eyes. I am actually unsure of this but has Kobe ever fouled out of a game?

Many teams have a player that gets star calls. For Lebron he actually gets most star calls in the form of traveling. They even made a rule change to help him with it.

tredigs
04-20-2010, 08:28 PM
as i look at it, it's so simple...the guy has to be the next michael jordon or better than him...and there is no way him to be that if you take away these extraordinary out of this world star treatment... nike,espn,nba are all has profit gains money of this,they give the dude 90million somehing even before he played a single game in this league...you can make any argument you want,but can not explain 1.3 fpg to me,or getting crazy foul calls on the offensive end...

Why's Kobe more popular than Lebron oversees? I'll tell you exactly why. He was brought into the most storied franchise in the NBA, and got immediate vicarious attention from playing alongside one of the most dominating/entertaining athletes of our generation in his prime. Then, they began to win championships together. Factor that in with the fact that he's been in the NBA's center stage since Lebron was a 6th grader, and yes, obviously he's going to be more popular. You said it yourself, the fans outside of America rarely have a special team they root for, so they simply pay attention to the champions. At this point, that's the Lakers.

Watch what happens to Lebron's oversees popularity (where he is still wildly popular as is) if/when he begins to accrue rings.

I don't see star treatment for Lebron that's any different than any other aggressive superstar this league has gone through. Call me crazy, but I'm not buying this **** that him not getting foul calls is some global conspiracy fueled by big business and the Illumaniti. Sorry 'bout it.

mgd24oz
04-20-2010, 08:29 PM
Lebron is the walking charging foul....u shouldn't be allowed to lower ur shoulder and bowl people over as u run thru the lane....charging/blocking is a 50/50 call usually...unless ur Lebron then it's more like 10% charging/90% blocking

PLAYERS FAN
04-20-2010, 08:30 PM
Because hes a off the ball defender like Rondo,Gerald Wallace and hell even Iverson. On the ball defender always get calls more than off the ball defenders.

shen
04-20-2010, 08:30 PM
I would like to point out that I don't think it is the players fault. They are not the ones making the calls or not making the calls. They actually get fined for when they speak out against it. It is simple sad fact of NBA, refs give some players special treatment. Also a simple fact that Stern does not care one bit about quality of play, just money, and keeping the NBA out of the news for undesirable reasons.

PLAYERS FAN
04-20-2010, 08:35 PM
Why's Kobe more popular than Lebron oversees? I'll tell you exactly why. He was brought into the most storied franchise in the NBA, and got immediate vicarious attention from playing alongside one of the most dominating/entertaining athletes of our generation in his prime. Then, they began to win championships together. Factor that in with the fact that he's been in the NBA's center stage since Lebron was a 6th grader, and yes, obviously he's going to be more popular. You said it yourself, the fans outside of America rarely have a special team they root for, so they simply pay attention to the champions. At this point, that's the Lakers.

Watch what happens to Lebron's oversees popularity (where he is still wildly popular as is) if/when he begins to accrue rings.

I don't see star treatment for Lebron that's any different than any other aggressive superstar this league has gone through. Call me crazy, but I'm not buying this **** that him not getting foul calls is some global conspiracy fueled by big business and the Illumaniti. Sorry 'bout it.

Lebron is a luciferian and will win the championship this year:D

JasonJohnHorn
04-20-2010, 08:38 PM
For all those who see this thread as "hating" on LBJ, I have to say, JordansBulls has seemed like a pretty reasonable guy and is usually unbias for the most part. It is a good question. Even Jordan and Bryant get over 2 PF a game, and close to 3 in some seasons. JordansBulls did not suggest favourtism was the reason, he just asked what the reason is.

Personally, I think LBJ is a great defender and doesnt make a lot of stupid fouls, and coupled with that, he is a superstar and the league has always been kind to its stars when it comes to fouls. Are guys like Kobe, Jordan and LBJ good at getting to the line? Or do they just get a lot of calls? I thinks it a combination of both.

Moses Malone went over 1100 games without fouling out (the longest streak in the NBA) and he played a position that traditionally is the one most likely to foul out of a game. But its not like he was Dr. J or Magic or Bird, even though he was an MVP, he wasnt getting crazy calls his way it Atlanta or with the Bucks, so obviously he was good at avoid fouls. Some players are better at it than others, some players get calls because of theri elite status, I think LBJ's PF-per game is a combination of both.
And this is a legit question. LBJ's PF per game is EXTREMELY LOW!!!!

nitram58
04-20-2010, 08:41 PM

i see your point.......im sorry

slack_justin
04-20-2010, 08:53 PM
because the league NEEDS him to be great so they can make more money

Jaji
04-20-2010, 09:28 PM

Good answer. In a nutshell: he's a good defender. Hate on! :superman:

Toenail Clipper
04-20-2010, 10:40 PM
because he doesn't foul as much.

0nekhmer
04-20-2010, 11:10 PM
he's just a very good defender. he never reaches to get steals, usually would pick it off from a pass if you notice. His blocks are from behind, and you'd notice that he never makes contact with the player when he blocks, the worse that happens is a goal tend. I dont know how he does it but he jumps at the perfect time and still has enough time to extend his arm to make it flashy ..

rhaas74
04-20-2010, 11:59 PM
Maybe it is the fact that for the most part he does not match up against the other teams top scorer. He will take on someone who has a lesser role so that he can be more of a roaming help defender.

Also, he moves his feet well and does not attempt to take charges. He realizes that by trying to do so it could backfire and he could get the foul, and he is too important to be racking up fouls.

Like has been said before, when he goes up for blocks he waits to do so until the ball has been taken away from the body. By doing this he has a clear shot at the ball to the point where he won't hit any part of the body.

As far as offense, he is one of the quickest guys in the NBA. He can blow right by the best defenders and catch them out of place. It makes it immensely more difficult when his shot is on, because you can't play off of him. And a lot of the time when he does drive it is the help defender who is rotating in late that picks up the foul, not the man on him.

Aren't these all more logical reasons than "Stern is fixing the games."

Hellcrooner
04-21-2010, 12:26 AM
the same reason why Kobe, Howard, wade, Melo, Dirk etc dont get that many fouls called on them.

Star system.

Also im fairly sure there are not only star playr status for this matters but big market team protection too...id need to watch at how many fouls was Pau Called for and against while in memphis and compare them to his situation now in L.a

Hellcrooner
04-21-2010, 12:29 AM
oh nd JB i remember your idol getting away with everything during a decade i got so sick of it that i stopped watching fro 96 until 98 it went that far that he even turned an OFFENSIVE FOUL into a " greatest ever retirement/championshp winning" shot...

iggypop123
04-21-2010, 12:30 AM
its cause he is lord james

Hellcrooner
04-21-2010, 12:33 AM

Lol, euros dont root for a team?

I have many friends who started watching it wiht me in the mid 80s here in spain.

Big surprise we still root for the teams we chose Lakers in my case but the ones that took Knicks, Bulls, Warriors, Celtics or even Hawks :confused: STILL root for those teams regardells how long have they sucked or how long have their not had a premiere star.

Euro fans are bout TEAMS nt players.

Evolution23
04-21-2010, 04:13 AM
lol at the fact you guys blame loses on refs and stern..

tredigs
04-21-2010, 04:29 AM
the same reason why Kobe, Howard, wade, Melo, Dirk etc dont get that many fouls called on them.

Star system.

Also im fairly sure there are not only star playr status for this matters but big market team protection too...id need to watch at how many fouls was Pau Called for and against while in memphis and compare them to his situation now in L.a.

I was fairly sure you were wrong, so I just looked it up. Pau has never averaged more than three fouls, or less than 2 in his entire career. In his last three years in Memphis he averaged 2.26 fouls a game, and in the three years he's been in L.A. he's averaged 2.13 fouls per game. Holy Lakers-Star treatment Batman!

And if you refuse to grasp that the reason for Kobe's international popularity being as much to do with his championships/playing for the most popular basketball organization in the world and having been in the league a half-decade longer than Lebron, then I can't help you out there. Whether or not you and your 3 buddies picked a random favorite team to root for is beside the point here.

Lakersfanla24
04-21-2010, 05:44 AM
JB dont start a thread like this, even though its a good point, when your airness got away with everything. We all need to face it this will eventually, if it isnt now, be the Lebron James League. I would have no problem with that, hell let them name the league after him, that still doesnt mean ledouche will win a title. He hasnt proven a god damn thing and everyone already bows to him how can you be a king without a ring????? huh answer me that. not doubting his skills he has those in the lebron offense, but put him in a real offense and the numbers wont look so pretty. everyone will bash me and say oh look at his user name just another pissed off kobe fan well to head you all off im a lakers fan yah first and foremost LA is my team. Kobe isnt the best anymore LBJ is but he is the biggest douche the nba has seen worse than MJ and i just want you all to know that. I am a fan of the game and he is an insult to everyone before him just like MJ was.

stawka
04-21-2010, 08:28 AM
oh nd JB i remember your idol getting away with everything during a decade i got so sick of it that i stopped watching fro 96 until 98 it went that far that he even turned an OFFENSIVE FOUL into a " greatest ever retirement/championshp winning" shot...

As much as I think most of your posts are ridiculous, this has to be your best post ever. Jordan is my second favorite player of all-time after Shaq, but MJ got away with A LOT! Kobe gets his, Shaq got his, LeBron gets his, Wade gets his... MJ got his. All the great's get away with murder in the NBA. It's sad, but it's the truth.

An early Playoff exit means JordansBulls**t is gonna keep creating pathetic threads and ranting meaningless BS early. Damn, I think I want the Bulls to win the title just so your useless threads/opinions can start as late as possible

Raph12
04-21-2010, 10:55 AM

Star system.

Also im fairly sure there are not only star playr status for this matters but big market team protection too...id need to watch at how many fouls was Pau Called for and against while in memphis and compare them to his situation now in L.a

Dwight and Melo both get called for quite a few fouls, both avg more than double the amount of fouls Lebron does. Hell Dwight got 5 fouls in his last game (played only 27mins) and Melo fouled out...

They're not a part of the "Star system" yet.