PDA

View Full Version : Note to all Stat heads: It has come, Synergy available to public

Chronz
04-20-2010, 03:42 AM
http://www.mysynergysports.com/?lid=mikenbadl

DerekRE_3
04-20-2010, 03:54 AM
Signed up.

Chronz
04-20-2010, 04:06 AM
Tell me whats the first thing you looked up, I stacked Kobe and Bron next to eachother, check out Kobes PnR play, yuck...

Their defensive comparison is pretty crazy, Bron has been tougher to score on in isolation but Kobe has the better post defense. Funny I would have found that to be the opposite of what my eyes tell me. Kobes also better at defending spot up shooters and screen situations.

This thing is great, better print screen all the seasons data before they yank it from us again.

DerekRE_3
04-20-2010, 04:09 AM
Tell me whats the first thing you looked up, I stacked Kobe and Bron next to eachother, check out Kobes PnR play, yuck...

Their defensive comparison is pretty crazy, Bron has been tougher to score on in isolation but Kobe has the better post defense. Funny I would have found that to be the opposite of what my eyes tell me. Kobes also better at defending spot up shooters and screen situations.

This thing is great, better print screen all the seasons data before they yank it from us again.

Unfortunately I haven't checked anything yet, because I'm having some technical issues, it's not letting me log in, says my account is already logged into. I emailed tech support and surprisingly got a response within minutes...which is impressive. I should be good to go now though.

abe_froman
04-20-2010, 04:11 AM
yay,finally!

Chronz
04-20-2010, 04:24 AM
Another good comparison, Dwight vs Duncan in post up scenarios. Dwights improved but even he cant match an old Duncan.

Hustla23
04-20-2010, 05:49 AM
Thanks for the find.

J-Relo
04-20-2010, 07:48 AM
it costs...

Niro
04-20-2010, 07:59 AM
not for free:(

Chronz
04-20-2010, 12:19 PM
WHAH? Money??? Oh you guys mustve missed it, it was free for a minute and a half, aww shucks

Nighthawk
04-20-2010, 12:49 PM
WHO THE **** WOULD PAY MONEY FOR SUCH A STUPID SITE.

go to basketball-reference or espn if u want stats.

SteveNash
04-20-2010, 03:56 PM
Ok I'm in. This will help me prove how overrated Howard is as a defender.

tredigs
04-20-2010, 03:58 PM
Ok I'm in. This will help me prove how overrated Howard is as a defender.

You will be in for a rude, rude awakening.

Iodine
04-20-2010, 04:05 PM
WHO THE **** WOULD PAY MONEY FOR SUCH A STUPID SITE.

go to basketball-reference or espn if u want stats.

Time to test out my new variation of the pitymid

:facepalm:
:facepalm::facepalm:
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm:

SteveNash
04-20-2010, 04:31 PM
You will be in for a rude, rude awakening.

hmm....

http://imgur.com/c9Gte.png

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...........

td0tsfinest
04-20-2010, 04:36 PM
So did anyone buy it?

I've heard its worth every penny, but i'll let you guys decide that ;).

SteveNash
04-20-2010, 04:44 PM
Video quality is a bit lacking, and they use Silverlight which is slow and terrible.

Iodine
04-20-2010, 04:44 PM
It's like sex mixed with nachos

AIMelo=KillaDUO
04-20-2010, 04:48 PM
what is this

kozelkid
04-20-2010, 04:56 PM
son of a *****. Got all pysched. :sigh:

Nighthawk
04-20-2010, 05:05 PM
Time to test out my new variation of the pitymid

:facepalm:
:facepalm::facepalm:
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm:

your cool..

bash me because i think its idiotic to pay for a stat site when their is about thousands of free sites to do the same ****.\

the facepalm is the most overplayed thing since a lil wayne song. its ********

kozelkid
04-20-2010, 05:06 PM
your cool..

bash me because i think its idiotic to pay for a stat site when their is about thousands of free sites to do the same ****.\

the facepalm is the most overplayed thing since a lil wayne song. its ********

Except there aren't. If you are going to insult something or someone, take the time to learn about it.

Iodine
04-20-2010, 05:11 PM
your cool..

lol. you really don't know what the hell your talking about

kozelkid
04-20-2010, 05:15 PM
Anyway... here's some sample shots of synergy for those that don't know how ****ing awesome it is.
http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/8391/synergy.jpg
http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/6797/postups.jpg
http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/6316/playerdefense.jpg

cali72888
04-20-2010, 05:53 PM
Yea its awesome.....for people who have nothing better to do then look up stats and try to impress there groupies online.....

Geargo Wallace
04-20-2010, 06:08 PM
damn you intellectual property!!!!!!!!

kozelkid
04-20-2010, 06:20 PM
Yea its awesome.....for people who have nothing better to do then look up stats and try to impress there groupies online.....

Or you know... to have a better understanding of the game and actually backing analysis with facts.

tredigs
04-20-2010, 07:33 PM
HoopsHype is just that. Hyped: http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=16007

I'm going to wait a month or so to get it, just because I'm weird and refuse to buy any new technology until there's a months of reviews/tweaks on it, but it looks like it's going to be a lot of fun to tool with.

Question though, do you have to repurchase it every season a la League Pass? And what would the rate be? I know that this is a "special offer" for the 09/10 season + the playoffs, but what about next year?

OG "Dee" LOCc
04-20-2010, 07:49 PM
fck this ***** im black

BALLER71
04-20-2010, 07:51 PM
fck this ***** im black

:laugh2:

kozelkid
04-20-2010, 08:01 PM
HoopsHype is just that. Hyped: http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=16007

I'm going to wait a month or so to get it, just because I'm weird and refuse to buy any new technology until there's a months of reviews/tweaks on it, but it looks like it's going to be a lot of fun to tool with.

Question though, do you have to repurchase it every season a la League Pass? And what would the rate be? I know that this is a "special offer" for the 09/10 season + the playoffs, but what about next year?

It's not exactly new technology. It's been used for awhile now if I'm correct. Only it's now available to the public.
As for paying for it, I wouldn't. I'm willing to bet either rates go down and/or there will be someone sharing their account or a copy cat site.
Regardless, I'm pretty sure it will likely be an annual fee.

tredigs
04-20-2010, 08:04 PM
It's not exactly new technology. It's been used for awhile now if I'm correct. Only it's now available to the public.

No I know, but it's new to the public, and I'm sure a few things are different. But you're right, I'm a lot less skeptical of technology that's been used privately for a few years before it comes out. Definitely less of a chance of bugs, etc. That said, still waiting. Reviews and such.

IversonIsKrazy
04-20-2010, 08:09 PM
Never bin too much of a fan of hi-tech stats, and I don't use them often. When I truly want to scout a player, I make sure I watch him play, and not look at stats, because I think Brent Barry says it best when he says, "Stats are like Bikini's, there nice to look at, but don't tell the whole story."
Couldn't agree any bit more with that.

Raph12
04-20-2010, 09:18 PM
Looks cool, but I'm not willing to pay for it... If anyone wants to buy it for me, I wouldn't decline the offer. :p

1-800-STFU
04-20-2010, 09:28 PM
Never bin too much of a fan of hi-tech stats, and I don't use them often. When I truly want to scout a player, I make sure I watch him play, and not look at stats, because I think Brent Barry says it best when he says, "Stats are like Bikini's, there nice to look at, but don't tell the whole story."
Couldn't agree any bit more with that.

That leads to bias, eyes can often deceive you.

I'm not saying scouting isn't important, its vital at the amateur level. At the professional when all the mechanics and whatnot are set in stone stats tell a very large portion of the story once you apply common sense to the stats.

Corey
04-20-2010, 09:29 PM
Corey is now welcoming PM's with login info for this :)

VladTheImpaler
04-20-2010, 10:19 PM
That leads to bias, eyes can often deceive you.

I'm not saying scouting isn't important, its vital at the amateur level. At the professional when all the mechanics and whatnot are set in stone stats tell a very large portion of the story once you apply common sense to the stats.

Eyes can deceive you, but stats can be just as biased. I guess I haven't seen it in basketball, but in other sports I've seen many cases of people abusing and manipulating stats to back up their opinions, which a lot of the time are borderline ridiculous.

kozelkid
04-20-2010, 10:36 PM
Eyes can deceive you, but stats can be just as biased. I guess I haven't seen it in basketball, but in other sports I've seen many cases of people abusing and manipulating stats to back up their opinions, which a lot of the time are borderline ridiculous.

Sure, which is why you must know enough about those stats so as to see whether they are being abused and manipulated or not. As well as, you cannot solely judge a player by stats, cause situation matters as well.

1-800-STFU
04-20-2010, 10:51 PM

Again, thats where the common sense comes into play.

Basketball isn't like baseball, but still a large portion of a players worth can be put into stats.

NatSkinCapWiz
04-20-2010, 11:25 PM
um... i love stats...

baseball-ref, etc. is all i need... this looks more like a highlight finder

ldc62
04-20-2010, 11:49 PM
I love stats, so I would definitely use it a lot.

Mell413
04-20-2010, 11:52 PM
This looks interesting. I like stats for baseball and it helped me understand the game more. I'm sure it would do the same for basketball. I wish I could afford to get this.

DenButsu
04-21-2010, 12:03 AM
Wish it was free. Can't really drop that dime for this right now. :/