PDA

View Full Version : LeBron James is the Mariano Rivera Basketball.

Ill21
04-19-2010, 10:39 PM
Thats right i said it he is the best closer in the NBA...yup sorry Kobe.

*Superman*
04-19-2010, 10:40 PM
Please, for the love of God! Stop with LeBron/Cavs threads!

ManRam
04-19-2010, 10:41 PM
I equate him to a three inning closer. Kobe is the best 1 inning closer. LeBron takes games over well before Kobe though.

But...we don't need more of these. We get it. Keep it in the IGT.

gangis2169
04-19-2010, 10:41 PM

hahahahahahahaha SCORING ON KIRK HINRICH!!! LOL OK

the_jon
04-19-2010, 10:42 PM
I'd say he's more like the Roy Halladay of basketball... he doesn't close he just controls it from start to finish.

gangis2169
04-19-2010, 10:43 PM
please, for the love of god! Stop with lebron/cavs threads!

seriously the nba thread is like espn on lebrons nuts! Its too bad all these danglers cant watch the cavs more they have horrible ratings

Swashcuff
04-19-2010, 10:44 PM
I equate him to a three inning closer. Kobe is the best 1 inning closer. LeBron takes games over well before Kobe though.

But...we don't need more of these. We get it. Keep it in the IGT.

:clap: nice

td0tsfinest
04-19-2010, 10:44 PM

lol. maybe the bulls shouldn't put hinrich on him. :rolleyes:

Miltown34
04-19-2010, 10:45 PM
and u sayin this is gonna change the kobe Bryant fans opinion how??

iFYouSeekAmy
04-19-2010, 10:45 PM
Where are the Derrick Rose bandwagoners when you need them..

JNA17
04-19-2010, 10:46 PM
we really need a 100 post requirement to post a thread

IAmKira
04-19-2010, 10:46 PM
1 fhking game and all the lebron bandwagons starts rushing for the gold. imagine the cavs winning. The world's gonna end b4 2012. SHEIT!!

Ill21
04-19-2010, 10:47 PM
In the 4th quarter LeBron has ice water in his veins and he is basically unstoppable.

soonabooma
04-19-2010, 10:48 PM
Is this a joke? He takes over a few games against scrub teams, and now he's the best closer in the game????? Whatever.

tredigs
04-19-2010, 10:49 PM
This is true..

ManRam
1 fhking game and all the lebron bandwagons starts rushing for the gold. imagine the cavs winning. The world's gonna end b4 2012. SHEIT!!

Have you seen LeBron in the playoffs the last three years?

I guess not.

It isn't one game. C'mon now. Haters gonna hate...

Swashcuff
lol. maybe the bulls shouldn't put hinrich on him. :rolleyes:

are you crazy Kirk Hinrich is the best perimeter defender they got. Well second to Pargo that is.

iFYouSeekAmy
04-19-2010, 10:50 PM
Or he threatens the refs to rape them.. not only Kobe does that you know..

IAmKira
In the 4th quarter LeBron has ice water in his veins and he is basically unstoppable.

no sheit. When u have the ball in ur hand ALL THE FHKING TIME. :facepalm::facepalm: I DONT SEE Kobe,Melo, Wade, or Durants fan making threads when they go off for 15-20 in the 4th quarter. It just has to be stupid LBW'S

tredigs

Kirk is considered one of the best man-defenders in the NBA. His defense on Bron's shot over him could not have possibly been any better. And that was one of three players they tried/failed on him. Not sure what you're laughing about...? Acting like it's the first time he's done this...

And yeah, he's the most clutch player in the NBA. By far. This is fact. This is not opinion.

Not sure why there needs to be another thread on it though.

15carlos21
should probably let him win a championship before such ridiculous comments r made

Avenged

Yes, just because YOU said it, it must be true. :worthy:

ldc62
04-19-2010, 10:51 PM
we really need a 100 post requirement to post a thread

Ive been promoting that idea since the start...

IAmKira
04-19-2010, 10:53 PM

I guess not.

wait.. ur asking me if i've seen wat lebron did for the past 3 years? Oh u mean being swept by the spurs, losing to the seeds AND being a lil bish n act like a 10 yr old after losing to ur magic? Ya ok. Best closer in the game? Child plz.

tredigs
Yes, just because YOU said it, it must be true. :worthy:

http://www.82games.com/0910/CSORT11.HTM

The stats agree with him. Focus on the blocks/steals/rebounds/assists to supplement the #1 in points at 49% shooting.

Swashcuff
Ive been promoting that idea since the start...

we should start a petition

NYtilIdie
04-19-2010, 10:54 PM

Kirk is one of the best perimeter defenders in the league and I could have sworn he hit a J right in Noah's grill.

IAmKira
04-19-2010, 10:55 PM
Kirk is considered one of the best man-defenders in the NBA. His defense on Bron's shot over him could not have possibly been any better. And that was one of three players they tried/failed on him. Not sure what you're laughing about...? Acting like it's the first time he's done this...

And yeah, he's the most clutch player in the NBA. By far. This is fact. This is not opinion.

Not sure why there needs to be another thread on it though.

height mismatch by like 5 inches and with LB's hop, that's almost a feet right there. Deng should've guarded him.

ManRam
04-19-2010, 10:55 PM
wait.. ur asking me if i've seen wat lebron did for the past 3 years? Oh u mean being swept by the spurs, losing to the seeds AND being a lil bish n act like a 10 yr old after losing to ur magic? Ya ok. Best closer in the game? Child plz.

LOL

The fact that I'm responding to this upsets me.

If LeBron had half the team any of the other stars have had the past two years (not this year), he'd have a ring. If you think he's the reason his team hasn't won anything, I'm going to call you crazy.

tredigs
04-19-2010, 10:56 PM

You're an tool. Same old talk. Name me a worse team than any previous Lebron team who has won a finals the last 15 years. Can't focus playoff losses on him, especially when he plays lights f*#)#!g out every series.

Here's a hint: You won't be able to.

kswissdaf
04-19-2010, 10:57 PM
But can he get it done when it really matter????(Finals)

ManRam
04-19-2010, 10:57 PM

The stats agree with him. Focus on the blocks/steals/rebounds/assists to supplement the #1 in points at 49% shooting.

Without a doubt far and away the best clutch player this year...and yes, I am not forgetting Kobe, who is an easy #2.

How many buzzer beaters did LeBron have to even take? I'm not trying to sell Kobe short, but to make buzzer beaters, you have to take buzzer beaters, and LeBron didn't have to take many.

Ill21
04-19-2010, 10:58 PM
ok make a 100 post limit...like my opinion is going to change once i get to my 100th post.

Bullsfan22
04-19-2010, 10:59 PM

haha you watch the game? he scored on every ****ing guy we put on him. Lebron james is the best player on the planet, be oblivious to the obvious if you want to.

silvTeg98
04-19-2010, 10:59 PM
nope sorry kobe is

Ill21
04-19-2010, 11:00 PM
Im not saying Kobe isnt good either in my opinion top 3 are
1.Lebron
2.Kobe
3. D-Wade

Jahari Kavi
04-19-2010, 11:02 PM
lebron is a better closer than kobe...people need to keep in mind that "closing" is more than a last second shot (which I can understand if someone wants kobe to take that over lebron)..................the thing is that it is rare that a game comes down to a last second shot....considering how he gets to the basket and the way he sets up teammates, I would say he's the best closer.

madiaz3
04-19-2010, 11:03 PM

I guess not.

Except Rivera doesn't suddenly choke in the late playoffs and the World Series.

Ill21
04-19-2010, 11:04 PM
lebron is a better closer than kobe...people need to keep in mind that "closing" is more than a last second shot (which I can understand if someone wants kobe to take that over lebron)..................the thing is that it is rare that a game comes down to a last second shot....considering how he gets to the basket and the way he sets up teammates, I would say he's the best closer.

Thank you exactly what i am trying to get across:clap::clap::clap::clap:

*Superman*
ok make a 100 post limit...like my opinion is going to change once i get to my 100th post.

I seriously think that all posts that are going to be made should be verified by mods first.

mdlr52192
If we're talking about closers, LeBron is like Armando Benitez

NPH
04-19-2010, 11:05 PM
Rose>Westbrook

rand3h
Mariano is a champion and Lebron is not. Although after watching tonights performance, that may all change very soon.

ManRam
Except Rivera doesn't suddenly choke in the late playoffs and the World Series.

Remind me what game LeBron choked in?

I can point a ton of games where Delonte, Mo and the rest of those scrubs choked...but none where he did.

This year he finally has a legit supporting cast, the first time ever. Let's see how he does this year. Can't expect him to win with no help.

madiaz3
04-19-2010, 11:08 PM

I can point a ton of games where Delonte, Mo and the rest of those scrubs choked...but none where he did.

This year he finally has a legit supporting cast, the first time ever. Let's see how he does this year. Can't expect him to win with no help.

I just mean that Rivera is great because he has been able to win on the greatest stage many times.

AirCanada15ORL
Against Kirk Henrich, an injured Deng, or James Johnson (who?)?

nah..he's a choke. Wait till the games get more meaningful

sargon21
it's close, but until lebron proves it in the big time (finals), it still has to be kobe

hugepatsfan
Mariano has four rings. That just so happens to be the same amount of NBA Finals Games LeBron has played in. Unfortunately, he lost all 4. I don't see how the two are similar a all. Unless of course, you are too busy slobbering over LeBron's junk to think clearly.

LEBRON_KING_23
04-19-2010, 11:09 PM
Lebron let the Bulls have hope. ROFL then made them look silly.
I would start ranking him in my top 3 closers of all time. He's surpassed Kobe at this point, unstoppable. And the wink for the Bulls bench to top it off.

sargon21
04-19-2010, 11:09 PM

yea, but by passing the ball off the mo or something thats just setting his team up for failure, he has to take control and be the superstar, espec. if you want to start considering him the best "closer" in the game

IAmKira
04-19-2010, 11:10 PM
Mariano is a champion and Lebron is not. Although after watching tonights performance, that may all change very soon.

by very soon u mean 14 more games and in the span of a month? E-mail me when he wins plz.

sargon21
04-19-2010, 11:10 PM
I would start ranking him in my top 3 closers of all time. He's surpassed Kobe at this point, unstoppable. And the wink for the Bulls bench to top it off.

yea that is cool if you like deuchebags and are 10 yrs old

ManRam
04-19-2010, 11:11 PM
I just mean that Rivera is great because he has been able to win on the greatest stage many times.

Agreed. And look at the team he's on. Constantly the highest payroll, the best offense, the biggest stars.

Now look at the teams LeBron has been on. The ****ing Cleveland Cavaliers.

There's a reason Mo has won so many times. Stick him on Pittsburgh for his career, and he has no rings. It's all about the TEAM. No one player can do it all. Jordan had Pippen. Kobe had Shaq and Pau. Duncan had the Admiral and TP/Manu. KG had Pierce and Allen.

Who has LeBron had? Mo Williams? No thanks...

Avenged
04-19-2010, 11:11 PM

Yeah man, I'm not disagreeing. :shrug:

Just the fact that he said thats right i said it he is the best closer in the NBA and then saying "sorry Kobe", like if just because he said it, then it means it must be true.

He was just basing it on opinion because of today's game.

LEBRON_KING_23
04-19-2010, 11:12 PM

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

IAmKira
04-19-2010, 11:12 PM
Mariano hasFIVE rings. That just so happens to be the same amount of NBA Finals Games LeBron has played in. Unfortunately, he lost all 4. I don't see how the two are similar a all. Unless of course, you are too busy slobbering over LeBron's junk to think clearly.

:cool:

ManRam
04-19-2010, 11:13 PM
yea, but by passing the ball off the mo or something thats just setting his team up for failure, he has to take control and be the superstar, espec. if you want to start considering him the best "closer" in the game

I'm assuming we are talking about the same play...but when you are being doubled, have no shot, and have a a 40-43% three point shooter WIDE open, you give it to him. It's not a bad thing. It's admiral. He's selfless. You can say he's selfless to a flaw, I don't think such a thing exists.

Avenged

I'm pretty positive Lebron wouldn't do that. That's just a bad formula for the playoffs, and in any game in general. And if he did (which I doubt) then that would explain why he hasn't won it all.

Jahari Kavi
Agreed. And look at the team he's on. Constantly the highest payroll, the best offense, the biggest stars.

Now look at the teams LeBron has been on. The ****ing Cleveland Cavaliers.

There's a reason Mo has won so many times. Stick him on Pittsburgh for his career, and he has no rings. It's all about the TEAM. No one player can do it all. Jordan had Pippen. Kobe had Shaq and Pau. Duncan had the Admiral and TP/Manu. KG had Pierce and Allen.

Who has LeBron had? Mo Williams? No thanks...

you forgot larry hughes and drew gooden...........

Ill21
Mariano has four rings. That just so happens to be the same amount of NBA Finals Games LeBron has played in. Unfortunately, he lost all 4. I don't see how the two are similar a all. Unless of course, you are too busy slobbering over LeBron's junk to think clearly.

Are you serious? :facepalm:

still1ballin
04-19-2010, 11:14 PM
:sigh:

Avenged
04-19-2010, 11:14 PM
Side note: did you guys see that poster he did on... I forgot which Bull it was in the 1st or 2nd quarter!?!? crazy dunk! :speechless:

edit: nevermind, there's a thread on it already.

LEBRON_KING_23
04-19-2010, 11:15 PM
Lebron: Last name ever, first name GREATEST.

ManRam
04-19-2010, 11:15 PM

****! What was I thinking?

Okay, you're right. He sucks ;)

He had the Joneses too. Ira and Damon. STUDS.

LEBRON_KING_23
04-19-2010, 11:16 PM
Avenged: IT's called resting. Lebron was resting because the Cavs are THAT good

tredigs
04-19-2010, 11:17 PM

Are you even a teenager yet? Be honest.

Your posts are mindblowingly annoying.

Avenged
04-19-2010, 11:18 PM

Doesn't mean he gave them hope. Not on purpose anyway.

IAmKira
04-19-2010, 11:18 PM

and ben wallace, CARLOS BOOZER, Wally!!! LOL!! :D

ManRam
04-19-2010, 11:19 PM

You make me want to start arguing against LeBron just because of you...

IAmKira
04-19-2010, 11:20 PM

You: Last name jobs, first name Blow
:D

Ill21
04-19-2010, 11:20 PM
You make me want to start arguing against LeBron just because of you...

his posts having nothing to do with the topic. :facepalm:

ManRam
04-19-2010, 11:21 PM
his posts having nothing to do with the topic. :facepalm:

I know. You're point?

Who are you facepalming?

hugepatsfan
04-19-2010, 11:21 PM
Are you serious? :facepalm:

I am dead serious. To even mention him and Mo in the same sentence in terms of their ability to get things done in clutch spots is ridiculous. How can you do that when LeBron has no rings?

Avenged
04-19-2010, 11:22 PM
He's most likely not a even a Cavs fans. Just a duplicate user name.

IAmKira
04-19-2010, 11:23 PM
I know. You're point?

Who are you facepalming?

how come ppl on psd can't get the differences between than and then or YOUR and YOU'RE?

ManRam
He's most likely not a even a Cavs fans. Just a duplicate user name.

I hope so. I have my doubts...sadly.

We are talking about PSD here.

Ill21
I know. You're point?

Who are you facepalming?

LeBron King 23 he is posting useless *****

ManRam
04-19-2010, 11:24 PM
how come ppl on psd can't get the differences between than and then or YOUR and YOU'RE?

I'll face palm myself. Getting excited. Probably my first spelling mistake in hundreds of posts.

:facepalm:

On a tangent...how come people on PSD can't formulate legitimate arguments?

Mr. Net32
04-19-2010, 11:25 PM

Yes because Lebron is the best player at his position in the history of his sport and has won numerous championships under the brightest lights in sports. I LIKE LEBRON TOO BUT JUMP OFF!

Ill21
04-19-2010, 11:25 PM
I am dead serious. To even mention him and Mo in the same sentence in terms of their ability to get things done in clutch spots is ridiculous. How can you do that when LeBron has no rings?

No i respect your opinion about Lebron...but why would you say im too worried about his junk, Are you 10 years old or something?

Avenged
04-19-2010, 11:26 PM
Yeah let's argue about ManRam's first spelling mistake in a hundred posts.

He thinks he's the greatest poster in here.

Pretty damn laughable with the spelling mistake he just made.

:p

LEBRON_KING_23
04-19-2010, 11:27 PM
So because Lebron is the best player and the best closer in the game now, and I agree, that makes me not a Cavs fan? that makes perfect sense.

IAmKira
04-19-2010, 11:28 PM

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:::dance::dance::laugh: :laugh::laugh:

ManRam
04-19-2010, 11:29 PM
Mo plays for the YANKEES! I've lost count of how many ****ing rings he's won. A team that can drop $200,000,000 like it's going in a gum ball machine.

LeBron plays for the CAVS. A lowly franchise that had done nothing at all (besides one conference title) until he came along and made them contenders year-in and year-out.

Mo has been blessed that he has had the chance to play in World Series after World Series. You can't save World Series games if your team doesn't get you there, and if your team doesn't get you the lead in the current game. It's a team sport. Mo is great...but he's blessed.

IAmKira
04-19-2010, 11:29 PM
So because Lebron is the best player and the best closer in the game now, and I agree, that makes me not a Cavs fan? that makes perfect sense.

oh no, ur the perfect Cavs fan. Almost too perfect. Go represent. While ur at it, go ape sheit on how good lebron is and what he has achieved.

still1ballin
04-19-2010, 11:30 PM
You: Last name jobs, first name Blow
:D

lmao, that actually made me laugh

shep33
04-19-2010, 11:31 PM
What's a "Mariano Rivera Basketball?"

I want one...

ManRam

That sounded cockier than I meant it to be.

I just love how most PSD users can't articulate a simple argument and instead resort to insults and blind statements, rather than intelligence to argue with people. That was my point. Point out my spelling mistake, that's fine. How about you tell me how any of my points have been off base? That's what I want to here. I spelled "your" wrong. Shoot me. Honest mistake. Does it take away anything I've said? Nope.

Has homeboy responded to anything that I've said with anything resembling a thought out response? Nope.

IAmKira
Mo plays for the YANKEES! I've lost count of how many ****ing rings he's won. A team that can drop $200,000,000 like it's going in a gum ball machine.

LeBron plays for the CAVS. A lowly franchise that had done nothing at all (besides one conference title) until he came along and made them contenders year-in and year-out.

Mo has been blessed that he has had the chance to play in World Series after World Series. You can't save World Series games if your team doesn't get you there, and if your team doesn't get you the lead in the current game. It's a team sport. Mo is great...but he's blessed.

5 rings :facepalm:! Do some search mang!
not the first 3-4 years.

IAmKira
04-19-2010, 11:33 PM
lmao, that actually made me laugh

ty ty :dance2::dance2: LOL

ManRam
04-19-2010, 11:33 PM
5 rings :facepalm:! Do some search mang!
not the first 3-4 years.

Great retort. I literally laughed at you.

Since it's clear you are a brick wall when it comes to discussing things, and that your opinions are so far cemented in your juvenile brain...I'm going to call it a night.

It's been real.

Avenged
04-19-2010, 11:35 PM
That sounded cockier than I meant it to be.

I just love how most PSD users can't articulate a simple argument and instead resort to insults and blind statements, rather than intelligence to argue with people. That was my point. Point out my spelling mistake, that's fine. How about you tell me how any of my points have been off base? That's what I want to here. I spelled "your" wrong. Shoot me. Honest mistake. Does it take away anything I've said? Nope.

Has homeboy responded to anything that I've said with anything resembling a thought out response? Nope.

I was just messing with you man. :p

Well, this thread will get closed soon since it's way off topic.

Ill21
What's a "Mariano Rivera Basketball?"

I want one...

hahahaha thats actually really funny and a stupid mistake by me. I clearly ment Rivera of Basketball lol

tredigs
I'll face palm myself. Getting excited. Probably my first spelling mistake in hundreds of posts.

:facepalm:

On a tangent...how come people on PSD can't formulate legitimate arguments?

I feel like the majority of the posters here just oscillate comments between here and youtube. It's the only other place I know of that has a congregation of this much stupid.

On my own tangent, I'm probably late to the party on it but I just found THIS: http://www.ibeatyou.com/entry/afde0b/boomdizzle-and-me-stepbrothers-in-santa-monica.

Nash and BoomDizzle doing their thing... God I love those two fahkers. So money!

ManRam
04-19-2010, 11:36 PM
I feel like the majority of the posters here just oscillate comments between here and youtube. It's the only other place I know of that has a congregation of this much stupid.

On my own tangent, I'm probably late to the party on it but I just found THIS: http://www.ibeatyou.com/entry/afde0b/boomdizzle-and-me-stepbrothers-in-santa-monica.

Nash and BoomDizzle doing their thing... I love those two fahkers. So money!

I. Think. I....Love you. :clap:

How many people here do you think just googled "oscillate"?

hugepatsfan
04-19-2010, 11:39 PM
No i respect your opinion about Lebron...but why would you say im too worried about his junk, Are you 10 years old or something?

I really didn't mean anything by it. I was just emphasizing that you need to be blind in homerism/LeBron love to compare Mo and LeBron in terms of clutch ability.

king4day
04-19-2010, 11:39 PM
It'll take years for Lebron to get Kobe status in terms of a closer.
Don't insult Mo until LBJ's actually proven himself as a closer.

Corey
04-19-2010, 11:41 PM
If you want to make this a legit comparison, do so in the forum allotted to those type of threads.