PDA

View Full Version : How Many Players Are Actually True Fans Of Teams

NetsPaint
04-19-2010, 06:25 PM
To the point they'd sign with them and not worry about money?It'd kind of odd let's say a player's favorite team was the Pistons growing up, if they had the opportunity to sign with their favorite team, how is money that much more appealing?I'm not talking MLE and max contract differences either.Especially after some players are millionaires.I know there's other factors that go along with it such as your family situation and comfortability with their team, but has there been anybody who'd actually be looking forward to free agency to sign with the team they grew up as a fan of as a kid?

I know a lot of players could be like bandwagon fans and only root for/play with contenders, so that wouldn't surprise me either.There really isn't any players representing a team quite like how I would if I played in the NBA.

Marbury was, and even still is a Knicks fan to this day after the D'Antoni thing, just didn't work out obviously.Who knows if he would have signed for much less anyway.

D-Leethal
04-19-2010, 06:28 PM
I think Ron Artest would have signed with NY for the MLE if they were interested but they were penny pinching for 2010

asandhu23
04-19-2010, 06:32 PM
Chris Mullin and John Stockton...