PDA

View Full Version : MLB Stadiums

JNev
04-19-2010, 04:44 PM
Of all the stadiums you've been to, which is your favorite and why?
I'll start, my favorite has got to be Citizen's Bank Park. It's new and it has a really great atmosphere made better by a strong fanbase. The concessions are really good with local fare such as CrabFries and Cheesesteaks. Also, There really isnt a bad seat in the house.

yanksjets1
04-19-2010, 04:59 PM
The new Yankee Stadium is awesome..!!!!

sexicano31
04-19-2010, 05:07 PM
^homer alert

FinsFoLife
04-19-2010, 05:18 PM
I like Wrigley Field. It makes me laugh.

DodgerBlue8188
04-19-2010, 05:37 PM
I'd have to say Oriole Park at Camden Yards. But my sample size is small.

stupidmop
04-19-2010, 05:45 PM
I've only been to west coast stadiums. I'm a homer so my favorite is AT&T. No other park I have been to has such breath taking views, good concessions, nice neighborhood, and a dedicated fanbase. Weekday games usually have a wonderful turnout, fans in SF are dedicated to the team. It's great fun.

stretchedmonkey
04-19-2010, 05:46 PM
I've never been there, but I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to go to The K in Kansas City to watch a game, looks sparkling there.

cheerio
04-19-2010, 05:52 PM
I have been to the New Busch/ Old Busch and Wrigley. I like Busch over Wrigley

heathonater
04-19-2010, 06:15 PM
ive only been to angels stadium and safeco field. i'll take safeco here because it is relatively new and is not an eye sore to look at.

GrumpyOldMan
04-19-2010, 06:19 PM
I've only been to 3 stadiums. Montreal's Olympic Sadium, Exhibition Stadium and Skydome/RogersCentre in Toronto.
I liked Exhibition Stadium. Outdoor baseball in the snow rocked.

Bronzbomba
04-19-2010, 06:39 PM
I've been to 3 stadiums:

New Yankee Stadium, Old Yankee Stadium and the Vet.

The Vet sucked.

R. Johnson#3
04-19-2010, 06:55 PM
Only been to the Rogers Centre and my Dad claims he took me to Exhibition Stadium when I was an infant. From what my Dad tells me, Tiger Stadium was a shrine for4 baseball.

Yankees Suck
04-19-2010, 06:56 PM
Fenway Park. There is nothing like it.

pennybank
04-19-2010, 07:21 PM
I have been to Fenway, Yankee stadium, Camden Yards, Nationals Park, and Safeco Field. They were all great parks but, I'm still going with Safeco. Obviously I am a little partial haha.

djeller1139
04-19-2010, 07:44 PM
Fenway and AT&T (yes homer, but no denying it's an amazing park)

Mike Oxlong
04-19-2010, 07:49 PM
Target Field, sorry I am a homer but it is f'n awesome. Don't know if anyone has seen it yet.

JNev
04-19-2010, 08:02 PM
Nationals Park is really cool too, the outfield pavilion is really well made and it even has a Five Guys.

uptownfan
04-19-2010, 08:07 PM
I've been to Wrigley (a million times), US Cellular, Tropicana Field, Sun Life Stadium (Marlins), Miller Park, Turner Field, and Target Field. Not sure if I'm being biased here b/c most people love Wrigley, but in my opinion it's simply the best. Nothing like heading down to Wrigley on a nice summer afternoon day. Miller Park is definitely my second favorite.

Call me crazy, but I wasn't that crazy about Target Field. The cool thing about it is that it's in the middle of the city, but for some reason it just doesn't have "it" in my opinion.

stretchedmonkey
04-19-2010, 08:08 PM
Tiger Stadium was the best stadium I've ever been to, R.I.P. I wasn't older than 10 when they closed it down, but I sure as hell remember it. Comerica Park is too family oriented, I'm not saying it's a bad thing, but going from a simply baseball stadium, to a carnival/ball park, it's kind of a big transition. I've also been to the Rogers Centre, but not to watch a game, to eat at some restaurant inside, I was like 10, and we were on our way to Niagra Falls, I think?

Tomahawk27
04-19-2010, 08:09 PM
I've never been there, but I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to go to The K in Kansas City to watch a game, looks sparkling there.

Agreed.

I also vote for PNC

Twins Fan 7
04-19-2010, 08:13 PM
I've been to Wrigley (a million times), US Cellular, Tropicana Field, Sun Life Stadium (Marlins), Miller Park, Turner Field, and Target Field. Not sure if I'm being biased here b/c most people love Wrigley, but in my opinion it's simply the best. Nothing like heading down to Wrigley on a nice summer afternoon day. Miller Park is definitely my second favorite.

Call me crazy, but I wasn't that crazy about Target Field. The cool thing about it is that it's in the middle of the city, but for some reason it just doesn't have "it" in my opinion.

I've been there 7 times and I agree that "it" isn't there. In my opinion, "it" is that old baseball feel. Target Field is futuristic and lacks a historic feel. The stadium is awesome though. Great food, great location, tons of parking, state of the art everything.

long ball
04-19-2010, 08:26 PM
Of the 3 current parks and 2 former parks I've been to, Miller Park is my favorite. Great tailgating and nice facilities. The most convenient park I've been to because it has reasonable parking and no one is heckling you about tailgating.

I've been to Wrigley a few times, and it's nice for a one time trip but if I were a Cubs fan I would be pissed having to deal with that piece of **** for 5-10 games a season. No parking= no tailgating.

US Cellular is a nice park, but I've been to probably 10 games there and I've never been to a game where there have been more than 25,000 people there. Nice that it actually has parking although you can't really tailgate unless you're 21 because the security will come by and confiscate your parking pass and tickets and make you leave. It's also not in the best part of town.

County Stadium and the Metrodome both kind of sucked.

MooseWithFleas
04-19-2010, 08:30 PM

Their new scoreboard is epic (http://lh5.ggpht.com/_3Hj0EZSajE8/R_7TjNZWNQI/AAAAAAAAA2M/tULQk2-QdiA/Royals+024.jpg). It now has a giant golden crown on top, making it even more epic (http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2479/3774098774_a4d1a3d093.jpg).

I would LOVE to see PNC Park

Twins Fan 7
04-19-2010, 08:30 PM
I've been to Kaufmann Field, Metrodome, and Target Field. When I went to Kaufmann, it was the first time I had ever been to an outdoor field. I thought it was so-so, but kinda disappointed. After being at Target Field, Kaufmann sucks.

WoodandNails
04-19-2010, 09:22 PM
Of all the stadiums you've been to, which is your favorite and why?
I'll start, my favorite has got to be Citizen's Bank Park. It's new and it has a really great atmosphere made better by a strong fanbase. The concessions are really good with local fare such as CrabFries and Cheesesteaks. Also, There really isnt a bad seat in the house.

Well, maybe the seat in front of this guy (http://i.usatoday.net/communitymanager/_photos/game-on/2010/04/16/clemmensx-large.jpg).

hineswardfan
04-19-2010, 09:27 PM
I've been to a few stadiums, and I like PNC the best by far, it's a shame it's for the pirates :(

jtrinaldi
04-19-2010, 09:34 PM
I love miller park,nothing better than going to tailgate with a bunch of friends,then go sit in the bleachers,and tailgate after the game. (day games)
The food they have is really good but pricey,they do have a huge bag of kettle corn for $5 which is amazing. If you take a long walk around the ball park you will realize the tradition that miller park has started in Wisconsin. Seeing all the history that miller park has from the old county stadium is quite amazing.
1.miller park
2. petco field
3. anaheim field
4. wrigley

uptownfan
04-19-2010, 11:00 PM
I've been there 7 times and I agree that "it" isn't there. In my opinion, "it" is that old baseball feel. Target Field is futuristic and lacks a historic feel. The stadium is awesome though. Great food, great location, tons of parking, state of the art everything.
True. I think since I've been to so many Cubs games I'm just used to that old feel, but for your general fan it's great

tsunami
04-19-2010, 11:09 PM
1 fenway
2 minute maid park
3 citi field

i really would like to see pnc park. it looks so nice on tv.

CrazyCrackar
04-19-2010, 11:19 PM
New Yankee stadium is pretty damn impressive. Food is delicious.......

dvda 89
04-19-2010, 11:37 PM
I've been to 3 stadiums:

New Yankee Stadium, Old Yankee Stadium and the Vet.

The Vet sucked.

You bite your tounge! haha

VRP723
04-19-2010, 11:45 PM
I've been to Old and New Yankee, Shea, Citi, the Vet, Fenway, the Skydome, Camden Yards, Dodger Stadium, Anaheim, PETCO, Chase and AT&T

My top 3 are

Camden Yards
Chase Field
AT&T

Ill21
04-19-2010, 11:58 PM
New Yankee Stadium

CAIN=FUTURE
04-20-2010, 02:10 AM
I've been to AT&T, Jack Murphy Stadium, Wrigley, Oakland Colesium, and Comerica. AT&T, and Wrigley are clearly a cut above the rest of those.

Wisdom Listens
04-20-2010, 03:41 AM
I went to Coors when it first opened. That was pretty awesome.

JNev
04-20-2010, 08:43 AM
Anyone been to Rangers Park in Arlington? It looks really nice

Pinstripe pride
04-20-2010, 09:00 AM
Best: Yankee Stadium
Best (not my team): Pittsburgh is really nice
Worst: The vet, and its not even close

sweigner
04-20-2010, 09:03 AM
I would have to say Citizens Bank Park