PDA

View Full Version : Has Pau Gasol overtaken Kobe as the best player on the Lakers.

realistspeker
04-19-2010, 02:50 PM
face it laker fans kobe is on the decline and his injuries are not healing anytime soon. and by the time they do i fear its too late into his years. the injuries he has will take at least a season to heal. on the other hand gasol has earned career highs in rebound and is definitely in his prime. gasol should actually be better than he is but the offense obviously runs through kobe and not him. when the lakers are playing offense by running it through pau they are so much better.

VRP723
04-19-2010, 02:52 PM
lol

bigsams50
04-19-2010, 02:53 PM
No, Kobe is still by far the best player on the Lakers. But Gasol should get more touches

RadiantShot
04-19-2010, 02:54 PM
What.
A.
Dumb***.

:facepalm:

Even that cannot express how stupid that comment was.

sixers247
04-19-2010, 02:54 PM
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:: laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::l augh::laugh:

realistspeker
04-19-2010, 02:56 PM
look at the lakers with and without kobe. look at their defensive and offensive efficiency. instead of laughing like little kids why not try and use logical thinking.

The Jokemaker
04-19-2010, 02:57 PM
wow. I can't believe someone thinks gasol is better than kobe..

GSW Hoops
04-19-2010, 02:58 PM
Game in, game out, Gasol has definitely been the most consistent player for the Lakers this year. And they definitely wouldn't be a contender without Gasol.

Not sure he's better than Kobe, but Kobe definitely seems to have lost a little bit. I think he's clearly on the down slope of his "prime."

Here's what I look at: Would it be easier for L.A. to win a game without Gasol or without Kobe? I'm not sure the answer to that question is as clear-cut as people might think.

ldc62
04-19-2010, 03:00 PM
lol

TheCooLKid2020
This is another one of those, I watched one game and now this is my opinion type threads

kArSoN RyDaH
there should really be a post limit before you can make stupid azzz posts like this one...

*Superman*
No, Kobe is still by far the best player on the Lakers. But Gasol should get more touches

This X 100,000,000,000,000

RaptorsFanatic
04-19-2010, 03:01 PM
face it laker fans kobe is on the decline and his injuries are not healing anytime soon. and by the time they do i fear its too late into his years. the injuries he has will take at least a season to heal. on the other hand gasol has earned career highs in rebound and is definitely in his prime. gasol should actually be better than he is but the offense obviously runs through kobe and not him. when the lakers are playing offense by running it through pau they are so much better.

Are you from Spain?

BostonWeedz
04-19-2010, 03:02 PM
Kobe certainly isn't the same player he used to be, but he's still top 5 in the league for sure. I'm not sure Pau Gasol even makes it in to the top 10.

JordansBulls
04-19-2010, 03:05 PM

Not better than Kobe, but overall he may have been more productive statistically this year.

To me it is like the Amare and Nash situation a few years back.

Nash was the MVP, but Amare was the one who led in PER and Win Shares.

This season Gasol led the Lakers in Win Shares and PER.

However, how many considered that Amare was the best player on the Suns over Nash? Hardly anyone did.

RadiantShot
04-19-2010, 03:06 PM
When Pau can make a game-winning shot, and lead his team to a Championship, get back to me.

Kingz4L
04-19-2010, 03:08 PM
I guess the only way to find out is by having gasol shoot 30 times...the guy could average 30-10-3...you be the judge

ballpd05
04-19-2010, 03:10 PM
I think Kobe is still top 5 in the NBA, but I think Pau maybe a little more important.

I think the Lakers would be able to sustain missing Kobe better than they would be able to sustain playing without Pau.

But they need BOTH to win a title.

JayAllDay
04-19-2010, 03:11 PM
Gasol missed way more games than Kobe this season.
I don't get this guy's opinion.
o_O

abe_froman
04-19-2010, 03:12 PM
yeash yeah gasol isnt as famous as kobe so we have to treat it as some absurd notion

but kobe hasnt been kobe and pau is really underrated.the man has been a constant and statistically the argument can be made...now i wont say that he is,but you wont hear anyone say its anything but laughable because the disparity in names

fadedmario
04-19-2010, 03:17 PM
dumbest thread ever.

JabberJaw
04-19-2010, 03:19 PM
Did someone really use the rationale of using lakers with and without Kobe? I don't remember them playing a long stretch of games, and/or, beating any "juggernauts" without him. Not dissing Pau at all. Gasol is a beast. But how many game winners has Pau hit? How much did Pau's game elevate when teams can't double him because they are doubling Kobe? I love Pau, but he is in no way the teams best player. He is probably the teams most efficient scorer, but not best player by any means. Nice try, but I don't think that a case could even be made for Pau in this discussion.

stawka
04-19-2010, 03:21 PM
Hellcrooner is too busy playing with himself and can't reply :eyebrow: :p

YET!!

*Superman*
When Pau can make a game-winning shot, and lead his team to a Championship, get back to me.

Pau was pretty important in the Finals run last year.

Raidaz4Life
Yes... Pau is clearly better than Kobe. :rolleyes:

1-800-STFU
04-19-2010, 03:23 PM
Yes, Rose is better than Kobe too.

Korman12
04-19-2010, 03:23 PM
dip and ***t

uws
04-19-2010, 03:29 PM
no. not even worth any more words than that

RaptorsFanatic
04-19-2010, 03:34 PM
Yes, Rose is better than Kobe too.

Why? Just why?

LOL.

JNA17
04-19-2010, 03:35 PM
yes the OP is right, infact, kobe does not even cut the top 20 anymore!

:facepalm:

pc4celts39
04-19-2010, 03:37 PM
and Scal is going to lead the NBA in ppg next season.....

JNA17
04-19-2010, 03:39 PM
and Scal is going to lead the NBA in ppg next season.....

don't forget, kwame brown will lead the league in rebounds and blocks!

Stay_Swim
04-19-2010, 03:39 PM
yeash yeah gasol isnt as famous as kobe so we have to treat it as some absurd notion

but kobe hasnt been kobe and pau is really underrated.the man has been a constant and statistically the argument can be made...now i wont say that he is,but you wont hear anyone say its anything but laughable because the disparity in names

Dude. No.

The real question should be how can Pau Gasol be the best player on the team, if they already have the best player in the league (WORLD) on their team? Chalk this one up.

RaptorsFanatic
04-19-2010, 03:40 PM
...and I'm gay.

JNA17
04-19-2010, 03:41 PM
Dude. No.

The real question should be how can Pau Gasol be the best player on the team, if they already have the best player in the league (WORLD) on their team? Chalk this one up.

pretty much this

abe_froman
04-19-2010, 03:43 PM
Dude. No.

dude i totally know!! i mean kobe was that for awhile and espn never said he wasnt anymore so we must still treat it as true :speechless:

i mean who needs to look up what actually happened ,when you can just make judgment calls by who's the more famous name

ChiSox219
04-19-2010, 03:44 PM

It's a lot closer than any Kobe fan will admit. You won't get but a handful of good replies on this topic, which is unfortunate because it's a great discussion.

I agree.

Did someone really use the rationale of using lakers with and without Kobe? I don't remember them playing a long stretch of games, and/or, beating any "juggernauts" without him. Not dissing Pau at all. Gasol is a beast. But how many game winners has Pau hit? How much did Pau's game elevate when teams can't double him because they are doubling Kobe? I love Pau, but he is in no way the teams best player. He is probably the teams most efficient scorer, but not best player by any means. Nice try, but I don't think that a case could even be made for Pau in this discussion.

The Lakers played great ball without Kobe and won at Utah. Maybe you don't consider Utah a juggernaut now with all the injuries but during a 32 day stretch the Jazz were 13-1, with the one loss coming against the Kobe-less Lakers.

Ragun
04-19-2010, 03:46 PM
:pity:

Hawkeye15
04-19-2010, 03:49 PM
Gasol has been a steady rock all year, and has been the best statistical performer on the team, but there is no fkin way he is better than Bryant. Kobe is the 3rd best player in the league imo, Gasol is lucky to be top 10

LAsports818
04-19-2010, 03:51 PM
Kobe has alot of miles on his body and isn't the same player he was 4-5 years ago, thats obvious, but hes still performing at a high level. The guy has a freakin broken finger on his shooting hand, his shooting percentage and freethrow percentage is going down because of that. If you watch the lakers you wouldve seen how efficient he was in the low post before his finger got injured.

Rego247
04-19-2010, 03:53 PM
cocaine is a helluva drug

Niro
04-19-2010, 03:54 PM
wtf give me some of that stuff you smoke

dolfan720
04-19-2010, 03:55 PM
hahahaha hes not even the second or third or 4th best lamar odom, andrew bynum, and ron artest are all better then him

RapOZo
04-19-2010, 03:56 PM
Game in, game out, Gasol has definitely been the most consistent player for the Lakers this year. And they definitely wouldn't be a contender without Gasol.

Not sure he's better than Kobe, but Kobe definitely seems to have lost a little bit. I think he's clearly on the down slope of his "prime."

Here's what I look at: Would it be easier for L.A. to win a game without Gasol or without Kobe? I'm not sure the answer to that question is as clear-cut as people might think.
kobe took a worst lakers team to the playoffs a couple of seasons, although they lost in the first round to the back then outrageously good phoenix team, that horrible team was above .500 because of him
Gasol never won a single playoff game in none of the 3 only times he went to the playoffs.
Now he comes to LA, and you wanna say they are there because of him?
he doeas plays a big role in the team performance but you should know without even doubt it that Lakers main guy is Kobe, that's Kobe's team has been and still will be for at least 2 more seasons

jackdawson
04-19-2010, 04:01 PM

It's true that Lakers win more when they play through Gasol and when Kobe takes fewer shots, but to say gasol is better than kobe simply deserves couple of :facepalm:

BTW I think this guy is Gasoft version 2.0 or HellCrooner 2.0. We all should see more threads like this next couple of days and I am guessing his/her PSD account won't last too long.

abe_froman
04-19-2010, 04:01 PM
Kobe has alot of miles on his body and isn't the same player he was 4-5 years ago, thats obvious, but hes still performing at a high level. The guy has a freakin broken finger on his shooting hand, his shooting percentage and freethrow percentage is going down because of that. If you watch the lakers you wouldve seen how efficient he was in the low post before his finger got injured.
but his name and he's got so many ads,top selling jersey so we cant mention that the injury affected him and might have brought him down abit

amoore87
04-19-2010, 04:04 PM
this is a good question..sike **** NO!!

DodgerBlue82
don't forget, kwame brown will lead the league in rebounds and blocks!

I already have him down as next years DPOY!

1-800-STFU
hahahaha hes not even the second or third or 4th best lamar odom, andrew bynum, and ron artest are all better then him

This is just as bad as saying Gasol > Kobe

R_O_W_E
04-19-2010, 04:05 PM