PDA

View Full Version : Which teams are you rooting for in the 1st round?

FOBolous
04-19-2010, 11:15 AM
The teams that i want to win are...

Western Conference:

1. OKC - cause, as a Rockets fan, i hate the Lakers. plus it would be cool to watch Durant make history of OKC manages to beat LA

2. Dallas - because I want Nowitzki to have a chance at winning the championship. dude's a very unique player. Plus Nowitzki, Butler, Kidd, and Jason Terry will be a lot more exciting to watch than Duncan.

3. Pheonix - because i like Steve Nash :shrug:

4. Denver - because, as a Rockets fan, i HATE utah.

Eastern Conference:

1. Cleveland - LEBRON JAMES!!!! If Lebron doesn't come to the Rockets :p, I want him to stay in Cleveland. It would be nice to see a superstar stay loyal to the team that drafted him as oppose to going for money and fame. Plus fans of Cleveland deserves to have a superstar to cheer for.

2. Charlette - great underdog story

3. Atlanta - cause...i don't really care much for Milwaukee? lol

4. Miami - DWAYNE WADE!!! plus i hate KG. I also dislike Boston's arrogance.

Hawkeye15
04-19-2010, 11:32 AM
OKC, Miami, and Cleveland

Hellcrooner
04-19-2010, 11:35 AM
Lakers = My team.

Jazz= Respect for Sloan

Spurs= Respect for Ducnan and the concept of fundamental team play vs starpower.

Suns= I want mcmillan OUT before its too late for rudy.

Bulls= I want lebron to bolt from Cle to NY ( my second fav team)

Heat= im a lakers fan again.

Hawks= Id like to meet them in the finals.

Magic= just in case id rather play them that the lebrowns and stern and the refs in the finals.

mdlr52192
04-19-2010, 11:38 AM
LA/OKC- either way is fine with me
DAL/SA- San Antonio, I've never really liked Dallas for some reason
PHX/POR- Portland, rooting for Roy to be able to come back next round
DEN/UTAH- Denver

CLE/CHI- Let's go Bulls, hate LeBron
ORL/CHA- Don't like the Magic much, HATE Barnes, nice underdog story in Charlotte
BOS/MIA- My cousin is an arrogant Celtics fan, so I go Heat here.
ATL/MIL- I love me some Joe Johnson

mikantsass
04-19-2010, 11:47 AM
LAL- They are the best team out west
DEN- Im a big Melo fan
Suns- Fun to watch
Spurs- I hate Dirk

Cavs- LeBron deserves a ring, plus I cant stand listening to Noah and the Bulls fans
ATL- But I dont care if the Bucks win either
CHA- I like Larry Brown, SJax and GForce
Bos- my hometown team

Avenged
04-19-2010, 11:49 AM
I can't root for any other team as long as my team is still in the postseason. But if the Lakers were to get eliminated, I'd say the Hawks.

Avenged
04-19-2010, 11:50 AM
LAL- They are the best team out west
DEN- Im a big Melo fan
Suns- Fun to watch
Spurs- I hate Dirk

Cavs- LeBron deserves a ring, plus I cant stand listening to Noah and the Bulls fans
ATL- But I dont care if the Bucks win either
CHA- I like Larry Brown, SJax and GForce
Bos- my hometown team

Why would you ever root for your teams rivals?

Hawkeye15
04-19-2010, 11:52 AM
I can't root for any other team as long as my team is still in the postseason. But if the Lakers were to get eliminated, I'd say the Hawks.

this. While I hate the lakers, this is the right answer

mikantsass
04-19-2010, 12:30 PM
Why would you ever root for your teams rivals?

It said who would you root for in the 1st round. Im sorry but the Lakers in the 2nd round makes for better tv than the Thunder. Yes I hate the Lakers with a passion but I can still want them to advance into the 2nd round (and lose). And the Cavs are not a rival. They are not in the same division and have only been good for the last 2-3 years. I absolutely hate the Bulls, therefore I want them to get eliminated.

Sadds The Gr8
04-19-2010, 12:46 PM
OKC - because I h8 the Lakers
Phoenix - because I like Nash
Bobcats - because I h8 the Magic

JordansBulls
04-19-2010, 12:47 PM
LA/OKC- either way is fine with me
DAL/SA- San Antonio, I've never really liked Dallas for some reason
PHX/POR- Portland, rooting for Roy to be able to come back next round
DEN/UTAH- Denver

CLE/CHI- Let's go Bulls, hate LeBron
ORL/CHA- Don't like the Magic much, HATE Barnes, nice underdog story in Charlotte
BOS/MIA- My cousin is an arrogant Celtics fan, so I go Heat here.
ATL/MIL- I love me some Joe Johnson

Bulls vs Cavs - Bulls obviously. Simply the Cavs got guys for free this year. Shaq was hand wrapped and then they got Jamsion for free because Big Z is back on the team.

Celtics vs Heat - I love Wade, but I like the structure of the Celtics team. No one player is greater than anyone else on that team.

Hawks vs Bucks - I would like to see an upset here. That would enable Joe Johnson to leave.

Magic vs Bobcats - Would like to see Vince do something in the playoffs

Lakers vs Thunder - Would be nice to see the Thunder advance, but they got time.

Denver vs Utah - Love D.Williams, but they have no shot in the next round, thus picking Denver here.

Phoenix vs Portland - Like both teams, but would like to pull for Portland. Reason being, it makes it where Amare pretty much is guaranteed to leave.

Dallas vs San Antonio - Pretty much the same to me. Guess Dallas though, they haven't won a title yet.

pebloemer
04-19-2010, 01:35 PM
OKC - I think most people would love to see this underdog story. Kobe and the Lakers is too familiar a story. I love the young makeup of OKC.

Dallas - Spurs have had their day. Dallas' window is closing. I like Dirk, Kidd and Marion. All three would be great to see playoffs success from.

Phoenix - Nash and Hill. Two of the classiest players. I honestly thought Phoenix was done last year, nice to see the resurgence.

Utah - Always loved Sloan teams. D.Will has always been one of my favorite players.

Atlanta - A lot of my favorite players on Atlanta (Johnson, Smith, Horford). I think they are capable of upsetting Cleveland or Orlando, wouldn't mind seeing that.

Charlotte - Larry Brown bring defense and good fundamentals to a tough Charlotte team. Capable of upsets, but it will be tough to get past Orlando.

I'm not really following the Bulls/Cavs series or Boston/Miami. Just not as interested in thos matchups I guess.

abe_froman
04-19-2010, 01:58 PM
wow alot of love for cle,alot more than i thought.i guess the whole idea of "when its not your team,people root for the underdog"thing isnt true

Hellcrooner
04-19-2010, 02:20 PM
wow alot of love for cle,alot more than i thought.i guess the whole idea of "when its not your team,people root for the underdog"thing isnt true

is more like people root for the player that makes most comertials and has more media hype

jimbobjarree
04-19-2010, 02:23 PM
jazz obviously, apart from that I dont know. Definitely pulling for the Bobcats though I have nothing against the Magic whatsoever. Probably OKC and San Antonio too, not really bothered about the rest.

abe_froman
04-19-2010, 02:28 PM
is more like people root for the player that makes most comertials and has more media hype

yeah i know,believe me i do.its kind of sad though

ldc62
04-19-2010, 02:30 PM
Suns because I like Nash [hate Amare tho], Mavs because of Dirk and that they actually have the best team imo, Bulls because I hate the Cavs. Also I want to see the Magic lose.

GSW Hoops
04-19-2010, 02:35 PM
Miami because I can't stand the Celtics. Also the Bobcats because Larry Brown is awesome.

ElMarroAfamado
04-19-2010, 02:47 PM
ima Clippers fan...but since im also an NBA fan i watch and in order to make the games fun and enjoyable i must root for one or another...

Western Conference:

1. Lakers - cause i am a Clippers fan 1st and a Lakers fan 2nd even though i like the Thunder but I obviously wouldnt want them to advance in place of the Lakers...

2. Dallas - because i like Dirk Nowitzki and i dont have a problem with the Mavs oh and i really hate the Spurs and the year end cliches everyone brings up with them amidst them "i wouldnt want to face them in the playoffs" they are done and have been for a while....
3. Blazers - i dont like the Suns, and i like the blazers and am cheering for Marcus Camby

4. Denver and Utah ----well i dont like either teams...its like a lose lose..but if i were fooooorced to pick i would say utah because my hatred for the nuggets is bigger than my hatred for the jazz and deron williams makes me choose the jazz cause the guy is just great

Eastern Conference:

1. Bulls - everyone is on clevelands nuts and are like 100% they are going to win the title...when they arent that great...and the sooner they get eliminated the sooner we will see threads bashing lebrons teammates instead of him for getting eliminated early...

2. Magic - i like Dwight Howard and the Magic are a pretty likeable team (besides matt barnes)

3. Toss up between Atlanta and Bucks---i like both squads and am a brandon jennings fan but then again...id think the Hawks would be a bigger challenge to other teams in the east so id go with the hawks,,

4. Miami - i like wade but i hate the celtics ALL OF THEM.....

cmstophe
04-19-2010, 04:05 PM
These threads entertain me

"Cleveland isnt that great!"

Yep, not that great..

NY Till I Die
04-19-2010, 04:25 PM
Heat, Blazers, & OKC.

jackdawson
04-19-2010, 04:26 PM
OKC, Miami, and Cleveland

:hi5::hi5:

(I thought you would be rootng for celtics cz of KG).

sacgiants1213
04-19-2010, 04:27 PM
Hawks and Thunder. Don't care bout the rest.

jackdawson
04-19-2010, 04:36 PM
Heat (My team).

Cleveland (Lebron), OKC (Durant), Denver (Melo), Suns (Steve Nash), Spurs (Duncan), Cats (Larry Brown).

blastmasta26
04-19-2010, 07:00 PM
Orlando (I've always loved Vinsanity and I'm starting to love Dwight) and Dallas (I like Kidd, Butler, and Nowitzki)