PDA

View Full Version : If LeBron goes to the Lakers......

TheChamp
04-19-2010, 10:54 AM
Ok I think that if LeBron does not win a championship in Cleveland this year he will obviously look into teams like the Knicks, Lakers, Bulls, and Heat (no duh). I would go to the Lakers if I were him. That Lakers team would win year after year. But really who would benefit more from this deal, would Kobe or LeBron get the ball more, and how many Finals would this team win in the next 5-10 years?

20R8ersfaN08
04-19-2010, 11:01 AM
10 back to back championships :drool:

G-Funk
04-19-2010, 11:01 AM
it won't happen but they would win the next 5

Hellcrooner
04-19-2010, 11:08 AM
i dont see Kobe and Lebron working togheter.( problems about whos top dog and it would kill BOTH players chances to become the "goat" over jordan because they would get no individul credit for the wins)

Also it means One of this two Pau aor Drew and another from Artest or Odom going Cavs way in the Sign and trade wich means.

less depth in the bench ( wich is a problem already) and no inside dominance.

Dont like the idea

Raph12
04-19-2010, 11:10 AM
Won't happen, if it did, Melo/Durant would find a way to join Dwight in Orlando and battle them in the Finals every year.

torontosports10
04-19-2010, 11:14 AM
Yes, cause Lebron wants to sign for only the MLE, when he has publicly stated he wants to be the richest athlete ever.

The MLE will get him started on that

Avenged
L.A can't afford him.

ballpd05
not enough basketballs to go around... especially with the likes of Pau already crying when he doesn't get shots.

I agree with dude above, i think the issue would be who is the man. I don't think either of them could be Robin for too long... It'll be cute at first, but get tiring after awhile.

Hellcrooner
04-19-2010, 11:15 AM
Yes, cause Lebron wants to sign for only the MLE, when he has publicly stated he wants to be the richest athlete ever.

The MLE will get him started on that

sign and trade is called

Avenged
04-19-2010, 11:15 AM
Won't happen, if it did, Melo/Durant would find a way to join Dwight in Orlando and battle them in the Finals every year.

Can you say "greatest finals of all time"?!?! :drool:

Hellcrooner
04-19-2010, 11:16 AM
L.A can't afford him.

ys they can since it has to be a sign and trade they just move salary from pau or drea and artest or odom to cleveland.

Phxtoday
04-19-2010, 11:20 AM
never will happen /thread.

Raidaz4Life
04-19-2010, 11:22 AM
It won't ever happen I would guarantee it

Hawkeye15
04-19-2010, 11:22 AM
I would cease to give a **** about basketball if he goes to LA.

KingSteeler23_6
04-19-2010, 11:23 AM
This is one of the worst ideas on psd. (Maybe blown out of proportion because people do say some dumb things here). But the whole thing is kobe vs lebron. It would be like bird and magic joining forces. You hope all season long that kobe and lebron can see each other in the finals. The thought of having the two best players in the league playing together would just make the nba boring the fact that cleveland lost to the magic last year when all the so called experts thought the cavs would make it to the finals is what make the nba great but if you have kobe and lebron on any team in the nba anything less than ringS is a MaJOR failure. And imagine playing someone ine nba 2k11 with kobe and lebron unstoppable. So even though lebron is my favorite player and that would get him many rings it would be soooo boring.

Unown99
04-19-2010, 11:24 AM
It would be awesome:drool:... but IT WON'T HAPPEN!

clutchski
04-19-2010, 11:27 AM
I would cease to give a **** about basketball if he goes to LA.

me too

SouljahPhil...
04-19-2010, 11:28 AM
Ok I think that if LeBron does not win a championship in Cleveland this year he will obviously look into teams like the Knicks, Lakers, Bulls, and Heat (no duh). I would go to the Lakers if I were him. That Lakers team would win year after year. But really who would benefit more from this deal, would Kobe or LeBron get the ball more, and how many Finals would this team win in the next 5-10 years?

how would that happen?

best realistic way for lebron to be a laker is he sign a 4 yr deal with the cavs or any other team the when kobe's nd pau contract ends he signs with LA with only bynum extended and a resign old kobe for cheap..

OrderOfCook
04-19-2010, 11:53 AM
What if a divine spiritual being came down and joined the Lakers and it had the ability to hit every shot, no matter where it took it from? Who would benefit more though? Would the divine spiritual being care about individual accolades? Would Kobe pass to it? Would it pass to Kobe, given his tepid background of sin?

That's as fruitful a discussion as this thread.

clutchski
04-19-2010, 11:56 AM
What if a divine spiritual being came down and joined the Lakers and it had the ability to hit every shot, no matter where it took it from? Who would benefit more though? Would the divine spiritual being care about individual accolades? Would Kobe pass to it? Would it pass to Kobe, given his tepid background of sin?

That's as fruitful a discussion as this thread.

:laugh:

camador22
04-19-2010, 11:56 AM
Id trade Kobe and Bynum for Lebron in a heart beat.

Avenged
04-19-2010, 12:02 PM

Come on man..

All these Laker fans are always talking down on Lebron, now all of a sudden they would like to have him.

Im not necessarily talking about you, just in general.

Slimsim
04-19-2010, 12:27 PM
Come on man..

All these Laker fans are always talking down on Lebron, now all of a sudden they would like to have him.

Most so call Lakers fans are on the Ban wagon.

Hawkeye15
04-19-2010, 12:29 PM
Come on man..

even a Laker fan realizes that a 25 year old James is better going forward than a 31 year old Kobe. Cmon

Sadds The Gr8
04-19-2010, 12:30 PM

This.

sixers247
04-19-2010, 12:32 PM
then Lakers fans would actually see that Lebron is better then Kobe

mikantsass
04-19-2010, 12:35 PM
Why stop there? Why not ad Dwight, CP3 and Duncan.....

Avenged
04-19-2010, 12:35 PM
even a Laker fan realizes that a 25 year old James is better going forward than a 31 year old Kobe. Cmon

Obviously. But it's not that. It's just that, Laker fans always talk bad about Lebron. Why would you want someone you hate so much on your team? :laugh2:

TheChamp
04-19-2010, 12:38 PM
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=5089054&categoryid=2494144

haha:laugh2:

NYK_kidd77
04-19-2010, 12:43 PM

:laugh:

Kingz4L
04-19-2010, 12:45 PM
i dont see Kobe and Lebron working togheter.( problems about whos top dog and it would kill BOTH players chances to become the "goat" over jordan because they would get no individul credit for the wins)

Also it means One of this two Pau aor Drew and another from Artest or Odom going Cavs way in the Sign and trade wich means.

Dont like the idea

Kobe being better then Jordan?

Jordans 6 Finals MVP's, 5 Season MVP's, Carried the bulls to a 72-10 record in 96, averaged 33ppg 8ast 8reb in the 88-89 season...thats just a few..forget it kid, nobody can touch his legacy.

HoopsDrive
04-19-2010, 12:45 PM
If Lebron goes to the Lakers........

The Earth would explode.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ENsPa6WX1E

Hellcrooner
04-19-2010, 12:51 PM
Come on man..

You have a 90s corvett that is starting to show wearing and you got the chance to change it for a brand new Corvette.

what do you do?

nad if you can ship your mercedes or your mustang and take the new corvette and keep th old one too?

CQSox305
04-19-2010, 12:53 PM
He stays with the Cavs. Could possibly see him with the Heat.

Hellcrooner
04-19-2010, 12:59 PM
Kobe being better then Jordan?

Jordans 6 Finals MVP's, 5 Season MVP's, Carried the bulls to a 72-10 record in 96, averaged 33ppg 8ast 8reb in the 88-89 season...thats just a few..forget it kid, nobody can touch his legacy.

Nike propaganda :p

Sorry but im for Magic being the Goat.

raidersrock99
04-19-2010, 01:01 PM
i would never watch another game of basketball..

i know the yankees are stacked year after year in baseball..but basketball is probly the one sport where talent is everything in baseball u can get lucky game of inches same with football.

amoore87
04-19-2010, 01:05 PM
dumb thread..he'd go to the clippers if anything not the lakers

DodgerBulls
04-19-2010, 01:06 PM
in about 3-4 years since they signed extensions to bunch of guys this year.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
04-19-2010, 01:40 PM
I think the real question is:If Mike James goes to the Lakers...:drool:

NBAfan4life
04-19-2010, 01:58 PM

Kobe has a no trade clause. He would never allow himself to be traded to the cavs for Lebron not in a million years

Bruno
04-19-2010, 04:25 PM
The Lakers would need to package either Bynum or Pau with Artest and filler/picks to land James. But it could only happen if he wasn't going to resign and asked for a sign and trade with the Lakers. If James says he won't resign and asks for a sign and trade the Lakers legitimately have one of the best offers out there.

Gasol, Artest, picks for James and Contract filler OR
Bynum, Artest picks for James

If this were to happen Cleveland would still be competitive IMO.

They would still have Mo Williams and Antwan Jamison, they would have Gasol down low and they would have Shaqs 20 million off the books and could afford Wade or Joe Johnson.

Mo Williams
Dwade or Joe Johnson
Artest
Jamison
Gasol/Bynum

Its crazy, but if James says he wont resign its a very possible option.

Bruno
04-19-2010, 04:28 PM
Lets just have fun and say Wade signs with Cleveland after James goes to LA. Which team is better?

Mo
Wade
Artest
Jamison
Pau

Fisher
Bryant
James
Odom
Bynum

I think he's staying in Cleveland.

Cracka2HI!
04-19-2010, 04:32 PM
I honestly think the Lakers will trade Bynum and Artest for Lebron. Everytime a player of this caliber has changed teams in league history they have always gone to the Lakers.

RapOZo
04-19-2010, 04:38 PM
just get rid of the damn kobe, we got all of him already, and lets just put a crate with gold and diamonds on the table for the king.
thats business.

Toenail Clipper
04-19-2010, 04:40 PM

LOL yeah rightt

avrpatsfan
04-19-2010, 04:42 PM
If that were to happen, game over until Kobe retires.
Lebron PG
Bryant SG
Artest SF
Gasol PF
Bynum C
:drool:

SNYmets86
04-19-2010, 04:50 PM
lebron to the lakers COME ON NOW .....

Toenail Clipper
04-19-2010, 04:52 PM
lebron to the lakers COME ON NOW .....

LeBron to the Knicks, COME ON NOW

tredigs
04-19-2010, 04:54 PM

Dont like the idea

I got a good laugh out of this. Are there really people out there who actually think there is even a sliver of hope of this happening? ...Really?

Ray_R
04-19-2010, 04:59 PM
Ill have to murder one of the two to make basketball fair.

Switch
04-19-2010, 05:00 PM
Not a chance this happens.

Bruno
04-19-2010, 05:06 PM
I got a good laugh out of this. Are there really people out there who actually think there is even a sliver of hope of this happening? ...Really?

To just assume theres never going to be a better player than Jordan is a pretty dismal way of looking at pro basketball, IMO. I mean don't you hope and wish that we get talent that may be lucky enough to come close to him?

Im not saying LeBron or Kobe will touch MJ. I'm just saying, shouldn't we hope somebody does for the sake of the game, and our own entertainment? We should hope were lucky enough to see that kind of talent again. Sorry if you don't like it but James, Bryant and Wade are the closest we've got. Lets not downplay their accomplishments for the sake of a guy whos been irrelevant on the court for 12 years. Not saying you were downplaying any of their accomplishments, but its sorry how we bash the best weve got just to further glorify a guy whos been done for over a decade. We can pay our respects to MJ without marginalizing the best we've got. Lets move on.

NetsPaint
04-19-2010, 05:51 PM
I doubt it's gonna happen in any scenario.With that said I'd love to see this and I'm not a Lakers fan.It'd be interesting duo to say the least, and would make rooting against them even more fun.If they clicked it'd be really entertaining.

Iodine
04-19-2010, 05:55 PM
Can you say "greatest finals of all time"?!?! :drool:

No.

Iodine
04-19-2010, 05:57 PM

Kobe would have to become the best Laker SG first, then best laker, so I dont think so

but it's crooner

igPay atinLay
04-19-2010, 06:07 PM
sign and trade is called

Why would Cleveland sign and trade? If Cleveland where to sign him they would ignore the trade part.

Method28
04-19-2010, 06:08 PM
if it only takes trading Artest and Andrew Bynum to match the salary....that wouldnt hurt the team very much at all. Bynum rarely plays anyways (injuries) and James would be taking Artests spot so who cares. Throw Cleveland some picks too or somethin.

This wont happen but it's not that far off like some of you make it seem.

I really want him to sign with the Clippers though.

NetsPaint
04-19-2010, 06:14 PM
Any of you even think this even crossed LeBron's mind?

Also, it'd be kinda funny if Kobe signed a three year extension before the Lakers offered LeBron lol.

They're friends, but I'm thinking they enjoy competeting against each other on different teams more.

tredigs
04-19-2010, 06:43 PM
To just assume theres never going to be a better player than Jordan is a pretty dismal way of looking at pro basketball, IMO. I mean don't you hope and wish that we get talent that may be lucky enough to come close to him?

Im not saying LeBron or Kobe will touch MJ. I'm just saying, shouldn't we hope somebody does for the sake of the game, and our own entertainment? We should hope were lucky enough to see that kind of talent again. Sorry if you don't like it but James, Bryant and Wade are the closest we've got. Lets not downplay their accomplishments for the sake of a guy whos been irrelevant on the court for 12 years. Not saying you were downplaying any of their accomplishments, but its sorry how we bash the best weve got just to further glorify a guy whos been done for over a decade. We can pay our respects to MJ without marginalizing the best we've got. Lets move on.

There's a reason I bolded Kobe and not Lebron. I feel like I have a pretty good perspective on the way I view basketball, and talk of Kobe being in contention for "GOAT" status is not part of it... by a LONG shot

Avenged
04-19-2010, 07:01 PM
No.

:(

Avenged
04-19-2010, 07:03 PM
You have a 90s corvett that is starting to show wearing and you got the chance to change it for a brand new Corvette.

what do you do?

nad if you can ship your mercedes or your mustang and take the new corvette and keep th old one too?

Okay, why would I want a brand new Corvette that I talk bad about and hate like no other?? Unless my hate is out of jealousy I can see your point. Which in this case, I can see why a lot of laker fans would be jealous of Lebron to Kobe.

jackdawson
04-19-2010, 07:17 PM

Dont like the idea

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Don't go that far mr. gasol.

Cracka2HI!
04-19-2010, 07:41 PM
I think it's funny some of the reasons people think this can't happen. "Lebron won't want to play 2nd fiddle"...LOL he won't. I hate the Lakers but Kobe is a winner. You think he wouldn't take a back seat to Lebron!? He's 30 and extremely intellegent(basketball wise). If you think Kobe won't slide down to the #2 scorer to bring Lebron and 5 more titles in youre crazy! "Lebron and Kobe can't play together" :rolleyes: IDK if anyone is noticing but Kobe is starting to get hurt A LOT. He plays through it but don't you think he'd be a little healthier if he had Lebron doing most of the heavy lifting?

Last point. Remember MJ late in his career? He stopped going to hole so much and started to rely on his jumper more. Don't you think that would be a good move for Kobe at this point of his career? They would work perfectly together. Lebron would do most of the driving and inside scoring and Kobe would become the most effective shooter in the league finally having open looks for the 1st time since they had Shaq.

Like I said I am a Laker hater but if you think Lebron is going to the Knicks and there is NO chance that he is going to the Lakers then I say this to you :rolleyes: :facepalm:

dodie53
04-19-2010, 08:07 PM
let lebron do what he wants.

we're all just witnesses.

KBfrom8to24
04-19-2010, 08:10 PM

Dont like the idea

If I'm not mistaken they teamed-up very well to beat Spain for the Gold medal.

JCboyz23
04-19-2010, 09:27 PM
never going to happen

ldc62
04-19-2010, 10:09 PM

some of us are just blind witnesses.

edited :D

RaiderLakersA's
04-19-2010, 10:15 PM
Wasn't this posed a few weeks ago?

He won't go to the Lakers.

I could see him going to the Mavs.

If he did go to the Lakers, the Lakers would would officially become the Yankees of the NBA...and quite likely be hated just as much.

igPay atinLay
04-19-2010, 10:17 PM

we're all just witnesses.

This attitude seems to be working for the Bulls right now

wileyisTOFU
04-19-2010, 10:21 PM
i would cease to give a **** about basketball if he goes to la.

+1000

gangis2169
04-19-2010, 10:22 PM
Nobody in LA wants that *** on the Lakers keep his queer dancing as where nobody will believe he's gay. OOOHHHIIIOOOO!

iFYouSeekAmy
04-19-2010, 10:55 PM
He won't go to LA because he's staying in Cleveland.

Source: I took off my pants for him, and he forever prefers to stay in Cleveland.

drobe86
04-19-2010, 11:10 PM
No way this happened. IDK why people play NBA 2k10 and create fantasy teams, and then come to the forum with pure nonsense.

DCB/LAL
04-20-2010, 12:46 AM
There's a reason I bolded Kobe and not Lebron. I feel like I have a pretty good perspective on the way I view basketball, and talk of Kobe being in contention for "GOAT" status is not part of it... by a LONG shot

"I got a good laugh out of this. Are there really people out there who actually think there is even a sliver of hope of this happening? ...Really?"

airforceones25
04-20-2010, 02:01 AM
I like how in the OP he list Knicks / Heat / Bulls then out of left field the LAKERS? why the hell would he look into the lakers? Did Kobe retire?

_KB24_
04-20-2010, 02:47 AM
Hell no. If we want to trade for star power, lets go have a chat with Superman 2.0 in ORL.

tredigs
04-20-2010, 02:55 AM
"I got a good laugh out of this. Are there really people out there who actually think there is even a sliver of hope of this happening? ...Really?"

haha, have something relevant to say? Or are you just going to copy my words like this is a g'damn 2nd grade classroom.

JayW_1023
04-20-2010, 06:37 AM
If this happens than the Lakers are officially the Yankees...and the league would be no fun.