PDA

View Full Version : Did Brandon Jennings get a few more ROY votes with his game 1 performance?

davids22
04-18-2010, 04:15 PM
Yes, I know, the ROY is an accomplishment that only takes regular season stats into account. But do you think that any voters who were sitting on the fence about Jennings and then saw his game 1 performance... maybe it persuaded them a little bit? Just taking into account of how well he performed under pressure in a meaningful game. Even if a voter isn't supposed to look at post-season games at all, you can't deny that maybe a voter who saw the game might be influenced just a bit.

Obviously Tyreke Evans should get ROY, just wondering if anyone here believes Jennings stole a few votes away from Curry or Evans with his performance.

BTW, when does the ROY officially get announced?

Ssshbliblibl00p
04-18-2010, 04:21 PM
According to the rules stated and mandated by the NBA, post season performances do not and should not play a role in deciding rookie of the year honors.

cav_till_i_die
04-18-2010, 04:23 PM
wouldnt matter anyways. he missed 65% of his shots the second half of the season, you cant do that and win

abe_froman
04-18-2010, 04:28 PM
no because the voting is ended before the post season starts,though i guess they could break into the league offices and change their votes...but seems like alot of work

Iodine
04-18-2010, 04:29 PM
Well considering they voted before the playoffs, I really doubt that

davids22
04-18-2010, 04:38 PM
Well considering they voted before the playoffs, I really doubt that

Oh, lol, I didn't know the votes had already been placed.

So why hasn't it been announced yet?

Ssshbliblibl00p
04-18-2010, 04:46 PM

B/c of something called the NBA calender.

Iodine
04-18-2010, 04:47 PM

Every year they do it before the 2nd round due to the logic of: we dont want to take away from the first round

It did make it awesome when dirk got his MVP right after losing though

ldc62
04-18-2010, 04:50 PM
They dont declare the results right away.... but everything has already been voted.