PDA

View Full Version : Hippity Hoppity Fonzie Wants Less E's

turnaround3
04-18-2010, 12:23 AM
CHICAGO -- After making yet another mindless error in left field -- his borderline-astounding third in nine games -- Alfonso Soriano on Saturday said he is concentrating on not hopping anymore as he attempts to make a catch.

Soriano said he took his eye off an extremely routine fly ball by longtime Houston Astros' scrub Jason Michaels during the fifth inning of yet another game the Cubs probably should've won.

"I just need to relax and concentrate," Soriano said. "Attack the ball and not hop because sometimes when I hop I just move my head."

Soriano then demonstrated said head movements by violently shaking his skull back and forth, as awe-struck reporters pondered calling 911, wondering if Soriano had gone into some state of epileptic shock.

Asked again if the hopping was going to stop, Soriano babbled: "Not hop, not hop, just more concentration on catching the ball and not doing the hop."

Soriano is currently batting a number that comes nowhere close to negating his "can we just put the handicapped guy in?" style of defense.

Soriano's 2010 highlight reel available here (http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=60684803).

-ESPN, with slight altercations. All quotes are left unaltered.

Doogolas
04-18-2010, 12:34 AM
Good for him.

**** that reporter for being a douche and, y'know, borderline making fun of epilepsy.

ggross
04-18-2010, 12:34 AM
This has the feel of a developing Knoblauch type situation. Or Sax.

turnaround3
04-18-2010, 12:44 AM
Good for him.

**** that reporter for being a douche and, y'know, borderline making fun of epilepsy.

Yes. ****, that.........reporter guy.

giventofly
04-18-2010, 01:19 AM
So, is this a joke....or....?

semperfi
04-18-2010, 01:23 AM
It's about time he stops that stupid *** hop.

turnaround3
04-18-2010, 01:38 AM
So, is this a joke....or....?

It's from ESPNChicago. He really is making an effort to ditch the hop I guess. I just wanted to add my fair and balanced spin.

Unedited article here (http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/mlb/news/story?id=5106176).

ty_smitty21
04-18-2010, 01:51 AM
This is kind of stupid. He doesn't make errors when he hops. He makes errors on anything close to the wall, or on sinking liners. I honestly think I've only seen him make one error on the actual hop. Just catch the ****ing ball.

scrubs101
04-18-2010, 10:36 AM
This is kind of stupid. He doesn't make errors when he hops. He makes errors on anything close to the wall, or on sinking liners. I honestly think I've only seen him make one error on the actual hop. Just catch the ****ing ball.

I'm pretty sure he hurt himself doing the hop last year.

WrigleyWonder
04-18-2010, 11:26 AM
I'm pretty sure he hurt himself doing the hop last year.

2 years ago.

C-ross12
04-18-2010, 11:33 AM
Haha, injure yourself while doing a hop.. Just sounds ridiculous.