PDA

View Full Version : New york can sign 2 max FA's

fadedmario
04-17-2010, 11:07 AM
What do you think the Knicks will do? Will they sign 1 max FA and go after some holes they need to fill with the rest. Or do you think they will land two max level free agents (Lebron, Wade, Bosh, Amar'e)? Whatever they end up doing they should be much better next season. I think this is hands down the most interesting story in basketball. They have so much money to spend. Give your thoughts on this.

defender4m
04-17-2010, 11:18 AM
i heard they will try for lebron obviously but will go for joe johnson,raymond felton and someone else. Just what i heard recently.

xbrackattackx
04-17-2010, 11:26 AM
i heard they are gonna extend curry 5 years 65 Million,Trade Gallo,Lee and Douglas to the Timberwolves for Al Jefferson and then reacquire Hughes,Duhon,Camby and sign lebron and Harrington to the max.

KingSteeler23_6
04-17-2010, 11:26 AM
I think that bosh will sign with the knick amare goes to the heat making wade want to stay lebron is about his money and he is making alotttt in cleveland and that clause in his contract is false for him to make more $ as a knick. It expired already. So the cavs can sign him with more money so he's gonna stay they have proven that they can put players around him to make him a contender they made it 2 the finals once and had the best record twice in the past 4 years...why leave. So tht leaves bosh and joe johnson in my opinion. And then they sign tmac. I'm my book that's 4 seed team right there. And that's still a huge turnaround that would satisfy the knicks fans.

td0tsfinest
04-17-2010, 11:38 AM
I can see Joe Johnson and Stat going to New York.

dwadefan03
04-17-2010, 11:41 AM
i think new york gets the leftovers

Toenail Clipper
04-17-2010, 11:50 AM
I see everyone going to the New York Knicks! Seriously, I love these New York Free Agency threads! :D

ny212
04-17-2010, 11:56 AM
i see the knicks signing stat and jj and then maybe bell,camby,tmac
pg-jj
sg-tmac
sf-rooster
pf-stat
c-camby

bench- douglas,walker,bell,curry,giddens,chandler and some other guy

KingSteeler23_6
04-17-2010, 11:56 AM
I think they'll get bosh because they'll offer them the most money teams with superstars already like the bulls(rose) would be more likely to get a less than max player to complement him and still make them a playoff team like david lee. And in my opinion that's the only team that has the money would spend the money on bosh that the knick will because they look the neediest and the most money to burn.

Giaps
04-17-2010, 12:35 PM
I see everyone going to the New York Knicks! Seriously, I love these New York Free Agency threads! :D
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that this isn't what you REALLY wanted to say here. :)

footballer2369
04-17-2010, 12:39 PM
What do you think the Knicks will do? Will they sign 1 max FA and go after some holes they need to fill with the rest. Or do you think they will land two max level free agents (Lebron, Wade, Bosh, Amar'e)? Whatever they end up doing they should be much better next season. I think this is hands down the most interesting story in basketball. They have so much money to spend. Give your thoughts on this.

Miami has more :).

i see the knicks signing stat and jj and then maybe bell,camby,tmac
pg-jj
sg-tmac
sf-rooster
pf-stat
c-camby

bench- douglas,walker,bell,curry,giddens,chandler and some other guy

Not gonna happen :)

ldc62
04-17-2010, 01:06 PM
If they do get 2 superstars then Dantoni will once again be overrated.

Iodine
04-17-2010, 01:09 PM
They will get arod, mf doom, mike oher, and John legend

celtsballa21
04-17-2010, 01:13 PM
I doubt that anyone good, including Lebron, will go to New York. Plenty of teams are willing to give Lebron a lot of money, but is he going to win a championship there? No. Camby is probably the best player the Knicks have a chance at.

jrm2054
04-17-2010, 01:40 PM
I am going be so happy when New York gets the left overs Knicks fan can go cry for years when Lebron stays in Cleveland wade hooks up with bosh or amare in Miami and new york gets the leftovers they will still get better but they are not getting lebron or two max free agents

Reyes6
04-17-2010, 01:53 PM
I see Joe Johnson going to Miami- whether it means moving Wade to PG or playing Beasley at PF.

I think the Knicks will make runs at some "big name" players, end up overspending for an Amare or Boozer and probably overspend on a mid-level FA, forgetting that they can have 15 on a roster. I see David Lee staying, but I don't know what the Knicks have in mind for this offseason other than.....

LeBron.

dtmagnet
04-17-2010, 01:57 PM
I think if they want to maximize the talent level of their roster they won't just sign the two biggest names they can get, they'll get maybe one all star level guy and then use the rest of the capspace for some much needed solid role-players.

J$mo0th_3o5
04-17-2010, 02:00 PM
Yeah and Miami can sign 3!

iggypop123
04-17-2010, 02:06 PM
they will spend

joe j.09
04-17-2010, 02:10 PM
obviously best case scenario is lebroon and bosh for max and then make a trade with hornets with curry envolved.....

Most likely we end up with **** and are screwed

joe j.09
04-17-2010, 02:11 PM

damn! miami could land amare wade and either JJ or bosh....geez

NYK_kidd77
04-17-2010, 02:24 PM
damn! miami could land amare wade and either JJ or bosh....geez

I dont think they have three max i think its like 2 and like 10 mill or something. either way Miami is in great shape.

dtmagnet
04-17-2010, 02:25 PM

No they can't.

WITZ
04-17-2010, 02:28 PM
i think new york gets the leftovers

Sounds about right probably re-sign Lee & sign Joe johnson

J$mo0th_3o5
04-17-2010, 02:29 PM
No they can't.

Yes we can.

$16.5M x 3 = $49.5M
Add in all the empty roster spots: $500K x 9 emtpy spots = $4.5M
Total = $54M

Amount left to fill out roster: $2.1M

I mean it would be tough to fill out the rest of the roster, but we can do it.

abe_froman
04-17-2010, 02:30 PM
lol heat fans the new nyers???

sep11ie
04-17-2010, 02:30 PM
This just in, "We landed on the Moon!"

tredigs
04-17-2010, 02:33 PM
I can't believe the Knicks have been around for 65 years and have only won a small handful of DIVISION titles.

I'd actually like to see Lebron go there. He could become the iconic face that people think about when they think "New York Knicks", rather than perennial loser Patrick Ewing (sorry Ewing, it's true) and Spike Lee. And if he does actually go, perception of "New York Knicks" proabably won't render thoughts of defeat anymore.

City has great fans year in and year out, as much as it pains me to say it about a NY club, it's time for them to finally join the elite.

$GangGr33n$
04-17-2010, 02:35 PM
Miami has more :).
no they dnt the knicks have the most since the trade deadline.

Raoul Duke
04-17-2010, 02:35 PM
There are only three combinations of guys that would motivate the Knicks to spend all the cash this summer.

Lebron/Wade
Lebron/Bosh
Wade/Bosh

If they can't get Wade or Lebron, then I don't think they'll aquire two max guys through free-agency. But, that's not to say that they won't aquire one max guy through free agency and another via sign and trade.

NYK_kidd77
04-17-2010, 02:38 PM

No Miami has the most room now.

NYK_kidd77
04-17-2010, 02:39 PM
I can't believe the Knicks have been around for 65 years and have only won a small handful of DIVISION titles.

I'd actually like to see Lebron go there. He could become the iconic face that people think about when they think "New York Knicks", rather than perennial loser Patrick Ewing (sorry Ewing, it's true) and Spike Lee. And if he does actually go, perception of "New York Knicks" proabably won't render thoughts of defeat anymore.

City has great fans year in and year out, as much as it pains me to say it about a NY club, it's time for them to finally join the elite.

Thank you its very rare to hear someone say something nice about Knick fans.

J$mo0th_3o5
04-17-2010, 02:41 PM

Uhhh no you don't Miami does.

$GangGr33n$
04-17-2010, 02:41 PM
i heard they are gonna extend curry 5 years 65 Million,Trade Gallo,Lee and Douglas to the Timberwolves for Al Jefferson and then reacquire Hughes,Duhon,Camby and sign lebron and Harrington to the max.

thats the dumbest thing i ever heard:laugh:

Raph12
04-17-2010, 02:43 PM
Yeah two with enough left over for some solid role players.

NYtilIdie
04-17-2010, 03:04 PM
Lebron would be an icon if he signed with NY. One of the biggest reasons that Kobe is so popular is not only because he's as terrific player, but because he plays in a big market city in LA. If Kobe was never traded from NO/Charlotte he would still be big, but not nearly on the level he is now. I think us signing Bosh or Amare first is crucial because it will make Lebron's decision alot easier and to have the chance to play with those two is just too good to pass up plus we have a big expiring contract in Curry.

We can be very deadly if everything falls into place.

kobebabe
04-17-2010, 03:11 PM
The only max player they have a good shot it is Bosh. The rest they can keep dreaming. I see LBJ staying in cleveland, Wade with the heat n will be paired with Amare and possibly JJ. Miami will be the big winner in summer:)

fadedmario
04-18-2010, 12:14 PM

No your wrong. The Knicks have the most money to spend this off-season. That's a fact. I really think they land Lebron and Bosh. I am a Pistons fan so this is not a homer comment. The Knicks want to be like the Yankees and that's how they are gonna sell themselves to FA's this off-season.

LA_Raiders
04-18-2010, 12:22 PM
they will mess it up like they always do...

Hustla23
04-18-2010, 01:36 PM
Yes we can.

$16.5M x 3 = $49.5M
Total = $54M

No they can't.

Wade max ($16,830,000 ) + Beasley ( 4,962,240) + Cook ($2,169,856) + first round pick cap hold ( $1,200,000) + roster spot cap holds ($ 3,784,000) = $ 28,946,096

which leaves $ 27,153,904 and is more than $5 million short of another max.

What the Heat could do is trade their first round pick and Beasley and Cook. Then they would be able to do as you said.

But the Knicks can likewise trade Gallinari, Chandler, Douglas, and Walker with their 2 second rounders with Eddy Curry and do the same.

Ssshbliblibl00p
04-18-2010, 04:29 PM
We're gonna have 3 studs to start the 2011-2012 season and obviously be one of the best teams in the league, again.

The worst is over Knick fans.

Ssshbliblibl00p
04-18-2010, 04:44 PM
No your wrong. The Knicks have the most money to spend this off-season. That's a fact. I really think they land Lebron and Bosh. I am a Pistons fan so this is not a homer comment. The Knicks want to be like the Yankees and that's how they are gonna sell themselves to FA's this off-season.

They don't need to be the Yankees lol, they just need to be the Knicks of old. The days when a Knicks playoff victory lead the opening of sportscenter...Or back to the days when a playoff game at the garden was the hottest ticket in the league. Its not a tough sell at all really. "do you wanna win a title that would DWARF any other cities title in a instant?"

"Do you want to be the reason for that?"

"Do you want to be part of a celebration make that boston championship parade look like my sons birthday party at Chucky Cheese???"

"Do you wanna win something like that championship we all forgot the Heat won?"

"Oh yea, I forgot, your face will be on every other avenue and side street in the greatest city in the world"

We haven't had cap space to burn since 96, and I love how people vastly underrate the alure of playing on biggest stage in sports.

Keep your south beach, your "nice subburbs" (clevelands only selling point) etc. I'd take having a long lasting legacy and the money thank you.

fadedmario
04-18-2010, 05:24 PM
They don't need to be the Yankees lol, they just need to be the Knicks of old. The days when a Knicks playoff victory lead the opening of sportscenter...Or back to the days when a playoff game at the garden was the hottest ticket in the league. Its not a tough sell at all really. "do you wanna win a title that would DWARF any other cities title in a instant?"

"Do you want to be the reason for that?"

"Do you want to be part of a celebration make that boston championship parade look like my sons birthday party at Chucky Cheese???"

"Or do you wanna win something like that championship we all forgot the Heat won?"

"Oh yea, I forgot, your face will be on every other avenue and side street in the greatest city in the world"

We haven't had cap space to burn since 96, and I love how people vastly underrate the alure of playing on biggest stage in sports.

Keep your south beach, your "nice subburbs" (clevelands only selling point) etc. I'd take having a long lasting legacy and the money thank you.

That's exactly why I think Lebron will be in NY next year. If he was so faithfull to Cleveland he would have already signed.

DQL
04-18-2010, 10:13 PM

if you count that Wade will stay with the Heat then yes. Otherwise Miami will only have about 10 mil on the book when the free agency starts.

Beasley $4,962,240
Cook $2,169,857 (1 year left, can easily be dumped using $3M cash)
Chalmers $854,389 (Team option, will be dropped if they feel the need for more cap space)
Joel Anthony $885,120 (Player option, could opt out if gets a better offer somewhere)
James Jones $4,650,000 (only $1,856,000 is guaranteed)
#18 pick $1,237,500

JOSKOMANG4
04-18-2010, 10:19 PM
1) Sign A'Mare to max(17.8)

2) Sign Joe Johnson 5yr 82mill(16.5)

3) Sign Al Harrington to MLE(5.6)

4) Trade E.Curry(expiring contract) to Bulls for PG K.Hinrich

5) Trade D.Lee to the Suns SG L Barbosa & SF J.Dudley

6) Draft PF Stanley Robinson, Uconn

Roster Outlook:

C) A'Mare / E.Bannon
PF) Al Harrington / S.Robinson
SF) D'Gallanari / W.Chandler / J.Dudley
SG) J.Johnson / L.Barbosa / B.Walker
PG) K.Hinrich / S.Rodriguez / T.Douglass

JOSKOMANG4
04-18-2010, 10:20 PM
on Paper.. NBA East Conference.. I'll say 4th seed at best.. will definitely compete with Boston in the Atlantic

PurpleJesus
04-18-2010, 10:34 PM
Knicks will trrade for CP3, they will trade for kobe, they will sign lebron james, they will sign bosh, and they will trade for dwight howard

CP3
Kobe
Lebron
Bosh
Dwight

roshan3ai
04-18-2010, 10:46 PM
Yes we can.

$16.5M x 3 = $49.5M
Total = $54M

I'm pretty sure that you would have to subtract the Cap Holds on the empty roster spots

roshan3ai
04-18-2010, 10:48 PM
No they can't.

Wade max ($16,830,000 ) + Beasley ( 4,962,240) + Cook ($2,169,856) + first round pick cap hold ( $1,200,000) + roster spot cap holds ($ 3,784,000) = $ 28,946,096

which leaves $ 27,153,904 and is more than $5 million short of another max.

What the Heat could do is trade their first round pick and Beasley and Cook. Then they would be able to do as you said.

But the Knicks can likewise trade Gallinari, Chandler, Douglas, and Walker with their 2 second rounders with Eddy Curry and do the same.

Yeah, this is basically what I was trying to say.

GSW Hoops
04-19-2010, 01:47 AM

That would be awesome, except they'd need to bring back Q-Rich and Penny Hardaway too.

Sadds The Gr8
04-19-2010, 02:47 AM
I don't see them getting 2 max players because I don't see Bosh, Lebron, or Wade going to NY. I think they'll get either Joe Johnson or Boozer, and another good player. (someone like Capt. Jack, Randy Foye, Rip Hamilton, Ray Allen....or someone of that calibur).

fadedmario
04-19-2010, 10:58 AM
I don't see them getting 2 max players because I don't see Bosh, Lebron, or Wade going to NY. I think they'll get either Joe Johnson or Boozer, and another good player. (someone like Capt. Jack, Randy Foye, Rip Hamilton, Ray Allen....or someone of that calibur).

New york is going to seriously make a push for Wade and Lebron first. If you were either of these guys, how could you at least not think about playing together? These two on the same team, no one would touch them. Also they would be playing on the biggest stage in the world. I know Cleveland fans hate hearing this, I would too if I liked Cleveland. But Lebron James is thinking about playing elsewhere. If Cleveland wins the title this year you will have a better chance of keeping him. If Cleveland fails this year in the playoffs, I'd bet he's going to NY. In all honesty, there is alot riding on the playoffs this year for Cleveland. It's pretty much win and keep the hometown kid happy, or it's lose and start over without him. If he wins this year it will be hard for him to leave. No superstar would leave a team after winning a title, let alone his hometown.

Mr.Chi-Town
04-19-2010, 11:12 AM
They will get arod, doom, mike oher, and John legend

fixed. he dropped the mf from his name :)

Pierzynski4Prez
04-19-2010, 11:26 AM
4) Trade E.Curry(expiring contract) to Bulls for PG K.Hinrich

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::facepalm:

nycsports2
04-19-2010, 11:36 AM
bosh and johnson

sunnydayin'zona
04-19-2010, 11:41 AM

yep. if ny got amare and johnson, they still would not be as good as the suns team that had those two, with mvpsteve running it, who failed to reach the finals. as a witness to both players, neither is a max contract player.

_Supreme_
04-19-2010, 11:51 AM

Knicks fans don't want to hear it, but a scenario like this is the most probable.

After all the media attention NY and its cap space has gotten they will likely end up as one of the teams most disappoineted at the end of this offseason.

Their only hope really is Lebron. If he leaves Cleveland, and that is a very big if at the moment, he might lure someone else too. Otherwise NY will be left with the second tier free agents after the other guys sign with more competitive teams.

Sadds The Gr8
04-19-2010, 12:42 PM
New york is going to seriously make a push for Wade and Lebron first. If you were either of these guys, how could you at least not think about playing together? These two on the same team, no one would touch them. Also they would be playing on the biggest stage in the world. I know Cleveland fans hate hearing this, I would too if I liked Cleveland. But Lebron James is thinking about playing elsewhere. If Cleveland wins the title this year you will have a better chance of keeping him. If Cleveland fails this year in the playoffs, I'd bet he's going to NY. In all honesty, there is alot riding on the playoffs this year for Cleveland. It's pretty much win and keep the hometown kid happy, or it's lose and start over without him. If he wins this year it will be hard for him to leave. No superstar would leave a team after winning a title, let alone his hometown.

Yea of course NY is going to try and woo Wade and Lebron. And of course they're going to talk about playing with each other. But I'm just saying in the end, I don't see it happening that NY gets 2 max's. If Lebron didn't win the championship, I wouldn't think that he'd 100% leave as you think, but it'd certainly give him a higher chance of leaving. Him leaving is so hard to imagine because he'd be starting off from square one if he goes to NY. They'd just be a playoff team and not really a threat for a title, because if they were to get the 2 max's (let's say Lebron and Amar'e for example) then the team would have to load up with D-league or below average talent because they wouldn't be able to afford any role players. Whereas in Cleveland, they're a title contender for maybe the next 2-3 years. so yeah...I'm just saying that although they'll be pursued, I don't think any of those max guys are going to NY to put themselves in a worse situation team-wise, if these guys claim that winning is the most important factor in their decision.

Sadds The Gr8
04-19-2010, 12:42 PM
Knicks fans don't want to hear it, but a scenario like this is the most probable.

After all the media attention NY and its cap space has gotten they will likely end up as one of the teams most disappoineted at the end of this offseason.

Their only hope really is Lebron. If he leaves Cleveland, and that is a very big if at the moment, he might lure someone else too. Otherwise NY will be left with the second tier free agents after the other guys sign with more competitive teams.

exactly

bkmikeyy
04-19-2010, 01:06 PM
Yea of course NY is going to try and woo Wade and Lebron. And of course they're going to talk about playing with each other. But I'm just saying in the end, I don't see it happening that NY gets 2 max's. If Lebron didn't win the championship, I wouldn't think that he'd 100% leave as you think, but it'd certainly give him a higher chance of leaving. Him leaving is so hard to imagine because he'd be starting off from square one if he goes to NY. They'd just be a playoff team and not really a threat for a title, because if they were to get the 2 max's (let's say Lebron and Amar'e for example) then the team would have to load up with D-league or below average talent because they wouldn't be able to afford any role players. Whereas in Cleveland, they're a title contender for maybe the next 2-3 years. so yeah...I'm just saying that although they'll be pursued, I don't think any of those max guys are going to NY to put themselves in a worse situation team-wise, if these guys claim that winning is the most important factor in their decision.

I don't agree with that. IF the Knicks do sign 2 max free agents they are automatically the favorites to win a title. They already have Gallo, Chandler, Douglas and Walker - which are all at the very least very good role players. Then you forget the Knicks have a valuable trade piece in the expiring contract of Curry which can also bring in a very good role player with a bad contract (Knicks wont care can take worst contract in the NBA if they have 2 maxes signed up for 6 years). They still after that have a little over a million left to sign Barron to be a decent big man off the bench. Then they have a vet min left for maybe Tmac, sergio or someone like camby.

So say hypothetically Lebron and Bosh come... a supporting cast of chandler, gallo, douglas, walker, barron, tmac, sergio and for example Okafor in a trade for Curry would definitely make the best team in the league, I don't think it would even be close.

OrderOfCook
04-19-2010, 01:52 PM
I predict NY will not get any of the marquee free agents this summer, and will wallow around the 30 win mark perpetually.

Sadds The Gr8
04-19-2010, 02:01 PM
I don't agree with that. IF the Knicks do sign 2 max free agents they are automatically the favorites to win a title. They already have Gallo, Chandler, Douglas and Walker - which are all at the very least very good role players. Then you forget the Knicks have a valuable trade piece in the expiring contract of Curry which can also bring in a very good role player with a bad contract (Knicks wont care can take worst contract in the NBA if they have 2 maxes signed up for 6 years). They still after that have a little over a million left to sign Barron to be a decent big man off the bench. Then they have a vet min left for maybe Tmac, sergio or someone like camby.

So say hypothetically Lebron and Bosh come... a supporting cast of chandler, gallo, douglas, walker, barron, tmac, sergio and for example Okafor in a trade for Curry would definitely make the best team in the league, I don't think it would even be close.

Just because Walker and Douglas played well at the end of the season, doesn't make them very good role players. already looking at that team it's filled with too much wing players. And even so, I don't think that cast is as good as the Cavs' current cast, even WITH Bosh. A team like that wouldn't be very deep at all, whereas the Cavs now are probably the deepest team in the league along with Orlando. My opinion is just that Lebron wants titles now, and he has a better chance to win in Cleveland right now and for the next couple of years, than to leave and go to NY where he'd be unsure about who he's even playing with. Because if he were to go to NY, I'm pretty sure he wouldn't just go there and turn them instantly to a title contender even with another max guy. It'd take at least 2-3 years.

Sadds The Gr8
04-19-2010, 02:03 PM
I predict NY will not get any of the marquee free agents this summer, and will wallow around the 30 win mark perpetually.

Agreed.

Jack_Meoff
04-19-2010, 02:15 PM
NY will definitely make some big moves, players are aware that this off-season will mean big changes for the NBA entirely. With so many superstars ending their tenure, the heirachy will change and powers will swift. NY is ready to build a power house and player are aware of this, I'm sure plenty of player want to build a dynasty in NYC and feel the roar of Madison Square Garden.

If Lebron loses in the playoffs, he will probably leave the decision undecided and want time off to think it through.... and he will go to NYC to relax anyways, considering his closest friends are there. And everyone will ask him to come and play in NY.

I say if Cleveland doesn't win a ring this year then we can start printing the Knicks 23 Lebron jerseys.

amoore87
04-19-2010, 02:28 PM
theyll do the 2 max deal most likely to start selling out..lee & gallinari r good already so they'll make a huge impact with 2 new superstars

madiaz3
04-19-2010, 02:36 PM

Then wait one more season as another elite class of free agents emerge just as the Knicks get even MORE available money? Sorry I'm liking our odds too much when the next two seasons are put into consideration in the whole/overall picture.

Slimsim
04-19-2010, 02:42 PM
Doesn't matter anyone we get will be better than what we had last year and the year before that. So anything we do is a positive.

The ChILL
04-19-2010, 02:49 PM
I have just always thought that Boozer will end up in NY.

spoonhoops
04-19-2010, 02:50 PM
I see NY only getting a couple of the players they need, then hold off the rest of their cap space for someone like Carmelo Anthony in 2011.

kjdills13
04-19-2010, 02:51 PM
the nicks should be smart this offseason. not get 2 max guys

if they are lucky enough to get a guy like Joe Johnson the the nicks should get players who fit around that player

sighn a guy like camby, resign david lee, and steve blake.

blake
jo johnson
Gally
Lee ( i know lee plays center know but he is a PF )
Camby

that is a verry solid team. i know this would never happen because it would mean D'Antonie would have camby a defensive player in his starting lineup but this would be a top 3 team in the east. right behind cleavland and orlando, them or the heat depending on what they do would be 3rd best.

and this type of thing is not unrealistic

The Jokemaker
04-19-2010, 02:56 PM
I could see the knicks getting JJ and either Lebron, Bosh, or Stat. Who knows though, its all speculation

shen
04-19-2010, 03:03 PM
Lebron will stay with the Cavs and even if he didn't he would never go to the Knicks as he would kill any chance of getting a ring. Bosh wants a winning team he can lead to a ring, again not the knicks. Wade wants Amare and if Wade stays in Miami or Miami signs Amare then they will both be there. Knicks will get some decent players but none of the big ones. I still think they will began to improve and become a good team again in the next few years.

fadedmario
04-19-2010, 03:09 PM
NY will definitely make some big moves, players are aware that this off-season will mean big changes for the NBA entirely. With so many superstars ending their tenure, the heirachy will change and powers will swift. NY is ready to build a power house and player are aware of this, I'm sure plenty of player want to build a dynasty in NYC and feel the roar of Madison Square Garden.

If Lebron loses in the playoffs, he will probably leave the decision undecided and want time off to think it through.... and he will go to NYC to relax anyways, considering his closest friends are there. And everyone will ask him to come and play in NY.

I say if Cleveland doesn't win a ring this year then we can start printing the Knicks 23 Lebron jerseys.

I agree. Lebron is wearing #6 next year though. I would be on pins and needles if I was a Cleveland fan watching the playoffs. Their future is riding on winning a title this year. If you dont believe that, your lying to yourselves. And if you think the money issue with Cleveland being able to offer more means something to him, you are sadly mistaken. His endorsement deals make his NBA payroll look like a joke.

fadedmario
04-19-2010, 03:14 PM
Lebron will stay with the Cavs and even if he didn't he would never go to the Knicks as he would kill any chance of getting a ring. Bosh wants a winning team he can lead to a ring, again not the knicks. Wade wants Amare and if Wade stays in Miami or Miami signs Amare then they will both be there. Knicks will get some decent players but none of the big ones. I still think they will began to improve and become a good team again in the next few years.

How would the knicks suck with Lebron and the players they have right now? They would be a better team than Cleveland right now. Cleveland has Jamison, that's it. I think Jamison is 34, so he isn't going to be good for very long. I am a Pistons fan so my comments are not supporting my hometown team. But if you think the Knicks will suck in the next 2 years, your wrong. Mark my words, put it down, the Knicks are one of the upcoming teams in the NBA. They also might be able to land Lebron.

CostanzaNumba0
04-19-2010, 03:15 PM
Miami has more

False

uws
04-19-2010, 03:21 PM
there are a lot of scenarios where the knicks could put together a very good team (mid seed in the playoffs) without getting two or even one of the top three. Although I dont think that is very likely. However, I think that walsh and dantoni know that if they dont get one of the top three guys out there they will both be victims of a mass uprising in new york haha

shen
04-19-2010, 03:21 PM
Your kidding right? NY has no where close to the talent Cav's have. Every player for the Cav's can run circles around everyone but maybe Lee. Lebron will sign a 3 year deal to force ownership/management to keep him surrounded, and so he could leave if he thinks a better option is out there to win. I feel bad for the lies and false promises that knicks have made to NY.

JayAllDay
04-19-2010, 03:25 PM
I believe the Knicks have far and away the most cap room. There was an article posted on PSD breaking down 2010 cap situation and Knicks had about 8 million more than any other team in the NBA.

That being said, they're not gonna just throw money at some non-elite level players. If you think they're gonna give Carlos Boozer kind of player a max just because they couldn't land anybody else then you are terribly mistaken.

fadedmario
04-19-2010, 03:26 PM
Your kidding right? NY has no where close to the talent Cav's have. Every player for the Cav's can run circles around everyone but maybe Lee. Lebron will sign a 3 year deal to force ownership/management to keep him surrounded, and so he could leave if he thinks a better option is out there to win. I feel bad for the lies and false promises that knicks have made to NY.

If Lebron was so set on Cleveland, he would have already signed.

R.A.J.
04-19-2010, 03:34 PM
NYK aint gettin anyhthing. All the superstars wanna win, not go to a basement team. None of the guys mentioned are a Terell Owens.

CostanzaNumba0
04-19-2010, 03:34 PM

You are highly mistaken, right now, gallinari has a higher talent level and more potential than anyone on the cavs save lebron

JayAllDay
04-19-2010, 03:35 PM

Sounds like you're talking about the Hockey teams or pre-Lebron era Cavaliers.

Randomsportsfan
04-19-2010, 03:40 PM
the knicks will be lucky if they get one superstar. most of the superstars except maybe bosh is going to resign with the team they are currently on

CostanzaNumba0
04-19-2010, 03:46 PM
the knicks will be lucky if they get one superstar. most of the superstars except maybe bosh is going to resign with the team they are currently on

If that were the case why haven't the big three already resigned? Its not like they dont know what their home teams can offer.. small market fans are just lobbying against this because they don't know how attractive the big lights are, in their heart of hearts does anyone really think lebron's going to turn down the oppourtunity to be the NBA's version of Babe Ruth? To bring glory back to the biggest, best, most powerful city in the world? Wake up, this is happening he would have to be crazy not to come to NYC.. Yogi Berra won over 50 years ago and he STILL is making commercials/on tv every day, if you win in cleveland you can be a star, but if you come to NY and win you can be an icon

Giantwarrior
04-19-2010, 03:49 PM
The knicks wont get Lebron.

they should save some money for next year and get MELO.

Giantwarrior
04-19-2010, 03:53 PM
i live in NY, but dont really care for the knicks. (GSW all the way!)

but basket ball is better when the knicks are good. i think they will get alot better in the next few years. one thing about NY that most teams cant do is go over Luxury Tax.

stoopboy45
04-19-2010, 03:53 PM
Yes we can.

$16.5M x 3 = $49.5M
Total = $54M

This is totally NOT the case with Miami!!! The league and cap experts have looked over ALL the teams cap situations and ALL agree that the Knicks are the ONLY team that can offer TWO max contracts. There may be some players that are no longer with the Heat that are still on the books for next year, but they can only sign ONE max contract.

stoopboy45
04-19-2010, 03:58 PM
The ONLY way I, as a Knicks fan.....stop laughing....., see Lebron even thinking of coming here to N.Y. is if they win the championship..PERIOD!!! He has recently said that he wants to win one in Cleveland. If they win it this year he can be satisfied that he did what he wanted to do and move on to the challenge of NY!!! That is the only way he comes here.

madiaz3
04-19-2010, 04:05 PM

Haha maybe right now, but in one year? Everyone is one year older, Knicks players one more year experienced in addition to the fact that the Cavs will not be able to realistically have everyone return on the team contently making the same money. The Cavs next year cannot field a team without Lebron that is better than the Knicks even without them having a superstar either.

fadedmario
04-19-2010, 04:09 PM
The ONLY way I, as a Knicks fan.....stop laughing....., see Lebron even thinking of coming here to N.Y. is if they win the championship..PERIOD!!! He has recently said that he wants to win one in Cleveland. If they win it this year he can be satisfied that he did what he wanted to do and move on to the challenge of NY!!! That is the only way he comes here.

So your saying Lebron will want to stay in Cleveland more if they don't win it this year. It's just my opinion, but I think your wrong. I think the exact opposite. Cleveland really does not have a very good team without him. I would go as far as to say they are garbage. Once again, if Lebron and Wade were so set on resigning, it would already be done.

madiaz3
04-19-2010, 04:31 PM

You realize that they would be in even worse of a position to put a championship level cast around him after this year right? That's why it is kind of a all-or-nothing year for them. The time it would take to get Lebron a team as good or better than the one he has now AFTER this year would arguably be longer than the time needed to make the Knicks contenders after 2010 (considering 2011 FA and extra space and the time needed to develop players)

colinskik
04-19-2010, 04:38 PM
I am going be so happy when New York gets the left overs Knicks fan can go cry for years when Lebron stays in Cleveland wade hooks up with bosh or amare in Miami and new york gets the leftovers they will still get better but they are not getting lebron or two max free agents
In that case, why don't you stop rooting for the Yankees then and instead support your hometown Pirates? Oh right, the bandwagon thing. Of course...

I'm going to be so happy when the Knicks land 2 Max FAs and then suddenly a Knicks logo will appear in your sig.

defender4m
04-19-2010, 04:50 PM
In that case, why don't you stop rooting for the Yankees then and instead support your hometown Pirates? Oh right, the bandwagon thing. Of course...

I'm going to be so happy when the Knicks land 2 Max FAs and then suddenly a Knicks logo will appear in your sig.

Your most likely right. Thats what most people will do depending on who gets who. But im gonna stick with my nets.

Toenail Clipper
04-19-2010, 04:51 PM
LET'S GO NEW YORK!
Wooohoooo!!!

TheGreenMonster
04-19-2010, 04:55 PM

The fact that he still has a job lets you know that he is over rated! No one is coming to this crappy team. As long as the front office and ownership stays the same, only an idiot would come to this garbage squad. I love all the people who say NYC and the Garden will bring people. Like that Garden has had any nostalgia since 1998, if that is what you want to call it... The Knicks are the most poorly run organization in the NBA.

Hey Donnie Walsh, I have a 1994 Wade Boggs card, want to trade for 2 first rounders plus the only draft pick you have had in 10 years?

Jack_Meoff
04-19-2010, 04:56 PM
NYK aint gettin anyhthing. All the superstars wanna win, not go to a basement team. None of the guys mentioned are a Terell Owens.

They wont be a basement team with a fresh new roster and a new season. Plenty of superstars want to build a Dynasty, and thats the direction the NBA is going (i.e. Boston, Lakers, Orlando) many teams are trying to stack on the superstars.

shen
04-19-2010, 04:58 PM
Simple fact is Wade and Lebron are staying, Amare is most likely going to Miami to team up with Wade(something they have both been lobbying for). Bosh well he is up in the air, I doubt he resigns with Raptors given what has been said. I think Bosh might actually be a chance for NY. As though he wants to win he also wants to be the face of a franchise. I don't know about Boozer or JJ, I kind of think JJ will return to Hawks, but Boozer I think only staid in Utah because he would have gotten huge pay cut last year.

avrpatsfan
04-19-2010, 05:03 PM

Wow. No way. I hope you are joking becuase Eddy Curry for that much money is awful.

avrpatsfan
04-19-2010, 05:05 PM

So true.

avrpatsfan
04-19-2010, 05:05 PM
The fact that he still has a job lets you know that he is over rated! No one is coming to this crappy team. As long as the front office and ownership stays the same, only an idiot would come to this garbage squad. I love all the people who say NYC and the Garden will bring people. Like that Garden has had any nostalgia since 1998, if that is what you want to call it... The Knicks are the most poorly run organization in the NBA.

Hey Donnie Walsh, I have a 1994 Wade Boggs card, want to trade for 2 first rounders plus the only draft pick you have had in 10 years?

:laugh:
He'd probably accept it too!

500 Level
04-19-2010, 05:22 PM
This is my guess, and a good trade for them.

S+T
Lee Chandler and Curry
to toronto for
Bosh and Calderon

Then they sign Joe Johnson. It's not too max but it's good and they utilize Curry to get a PG. That still leaves them with money to spend on a centre like Camby.

C-Camby
PF-Bosh
SF-Gallinari
PG-Calderon
SG-Johnson

That's a pretty sweet lineup I think.

Da Knicks
04-19-2010, 05:26 PM
So much hate for the Knicks! Im gonna love it when all this people talk trash when we land some stars to go with the most faithful fans in the league. Yeah yaw talk trash but yaw know we knick fans are the best fans in the world. We had the 5th most attendance in the league how many loosing teams can even claim that? We know our basketball better than any fans in the league and star players know that we would go nuts if we were in the playoffs. Most of yaw are scared because yaw know that new york can offer more than any team in the league as far as time on t.v., endorsements. Face it if you started a team and could choose any city in the us which city do you think would be recognized more world wide? Yeah New York or L.A. why because you have other options to make money. You make it in New York you can make it anywhere every player knows that. How many people around the world know madison square garden yeah alot if your a player wouldnt that just make you a lil more confidant if per say you want to sell your own merchandise? We will land star$$$$ this summer and we will remember all of the negative posts....

shen
04-19-2010, 05:43 PM
You just made me fall out of my seat laughing, Knicks fans are some of the worst. You must rank #1 in band wagon fans, not to mention you cheer for opposing players more then your own. I feel bad for the true Knick fans for having to deal with the frauds and the false promises.

Da Knicks
04-19-2010, 05:49 PM
^^^Real knick fans dont cheer for opposing players its all the fake fans that cheer, real knick fans are the ones that have being knick fans for ever and hate to loose. If fans cheered for Lebron it was because they wanted him to know what it would be like to be a knick I promise you if the knicks have a quality team Lebron, Kobe and Wade will be booed every season...

netsgiantsyanks
04-19-2010, 05:59 PM

let me tell you right now the knicks WILL NOT get two max free agents and chances are(keyword:chances) that they wont get one getting two maxes leave the knicks with 2 million dollars in cap space to sign about 4 more players which is stupid and chances are no max fa will want to go to ny so stop with the "ooh the knicks are getting two max fa's" because donnie walsh isnt that stupid

Da Knicks
04-19-2010, 06:13 PM
So what happens if the suns loose in the playoffs and Amare wants out in a sign and trade for Curry and Chandler to have a shot at Carmelo next year and get good talent. Does New York not have a chance to land another star and surround them with talent with the rest of the money? lol

David LeeWright
04-19-2010, 06:13 PM
pg- steve blake
sg- joe johnson
sf- danillo gallinari
pf- ???????
pf/c- david lee

bench
sg-kyle korver
sg- raja bell
sf- wilson chandler
pg- toney douglas
c- earl barron
sg- bill walker
c- eddy curry

this option leaves the knicks withsome cap space left and makes them a solid playoff contender. also, eddy curry's contract expires at the end of the year, so they can trade him for a star player with a reasonable contract for a playoff push if the right opportunity pops up. its an uphill battle, but theres plenty of talent out there to at least build a team that can put New York back on the map.

fadedmario
04-19-2010, 09:24 PM
So much hate for the Knicks! Im gonna love it when all this people talk trash when we land some stars to go with the most faithful fans in the league. Yeah yaw talk trash but yaw know we knick fans are the best fans in the world. We had the 5th most attendance in the league how many loosing teams can even claim that? We know our basketball better than any fans in the league and star players know that we would go nuts if we were in the playoffs. Most of yaw are scared because yaw know that new york can offer more than any team in the league as far as time on t.v., endorsements. Face it if you started a team and could choose any city in the us which city do you think would be recognized more world wide? Yeah New York or L.A. why because you have other options to make money. You make it in New York you can make it anywhere every player knows that. How many people around the world know madison square garden yeah alot if your a player wouldnt that just make you a lil more confidant if per say you want to sell your own merchandise? We will land star$$$$ this summer and we will remember all of the negative posts....

I don't even like the Knicks. That being said, I think it's stupid to say the Knicks don't have a shot at the top tier free agents. Your absolutely right for slamming people just writing garbage about your team. Everyone on here is going to be shocked when Lebron is playing for NY next year. I really think this is his last year in Cleveland. Even if you guys don't land him you'll probably land Bosh and another top level player or wait until next year to spend some money. If I had to guess though, they will probably spend their money this off-season. And to everyone who thinks Wade is going to stay in Miami for sure, your crazy. He also could be on his way out. Besides the weather, that's a lousy franchise. No fan support.

DQL
04-19-2010, 09:46 PM
So what happens if the suns loose in the playoffs and Amare wants out in a sign and trade for Curry and Chandler to have a shot at Carmelo next year and get good talent. Does New York not have a chance to land another star and surround them with talent with the rest of the money? lol

the Heat can offer Beasley, Cook and a 2010 1st round pick w/ no other salary attached. Why would the Suns pay Curry 13 mil for being hurt all season? And remember Amare said that Miami would be his first choice if he would opt out. Even at the trade deadline he said Miami would be his prefered destination. Florida is his home state and he likes warm weather. Plus "Amare Stoudemire Is Not A Fan Of Mike D'Antoni's System (http://www.fromthebaseline.com/blogs/1597-amare-stoudemire-is-not-a-fan-of-mike-dantonis-system)"

momoneyyyy
04-19-2010, 09:58 PM
who is stat????

Sadds The Gr8
04-20-2010, 03:11 AM
who is stat????

Amare

Ssshbliblibl00p
04-20-2010, 10:13 AM

What cavs squad are you watching? most overrated cast of chumps in the league.

Ssshbliblibl00p
04-20-2010, 10:16 AM

We don't say "Yaw" in NY lol

colinskik
04-20-2010, 01:35 PM
let me tell you right now the knicks WILL NOT get two max free agents and chances are(keyword:chances) that they wont get one getting two maxes leave the knicks with 2 million dollars in cap space to sign about 4 more players which is stupid and chances are no max fa will want to go to ny so stop with the "ooh the knicks are getting two max fa's" because donnie walsh isnt that stupid
Well since we're playing the "everything I say is truth" game, let ME tell YOU something.

The Nets are never coming to Brooklyn. And if Lopez and Harris are such a good foundation, how come they were so awful this year? I may be the only one on this entire forum to hold this opinion, but Brook Lopez is overrated. Everytime I watch him play he gets destroyed by the opposing team's Center.

Ssshbliblibl00p
04-20-2010, 03:30 PM
I'll take Joe Johnson if Lebron gets scared of the bright lights and the pressure.

Nate David+ Co.
04-20-2010, 04:20 PM

i'm sorry but what team are YOU WATCHIN:eyebrow:
the cavs w/o lebron last night gave up 6 pionts to the bulls reserves. it was 34-48 when they took lebron out. it was
42-50 when lebron came back in. basically no one on that team is good unless they have a wide open shot. i mean, we already know mo williams ain't clutch. shaq is old. jamison, lets not go there. how he took like 1000 shots in his first game and didn't make one. :facepalm:
so who exactly cud run circles around who agian?