PDA

View Full Version : is bosh preferring the heat?

emman03
04-17-2010, 05:54 AM
“You’re going to have to have somebody else who can really create their own (shot), or ... be an all-star,” Bosh said. “You look at every good team, that’s what they have. And I think if you emulate the teams of the past five years who have won ... I think you can’t go wrong.”

KG21
04-17-2010, 06:55 AM
If he is, it would be a great thing!!

Wade and Bosh - Unstoppable.

USAF_AMMO
04-17-2010, 07:29 AM
Could just as easily be the Bulls he is talking about. They also have an all star that can create his own shot.

Rego247
04-17-2010, 07:30 AM
or he may be referring to the dozens of players who can "create" their own shot. they do exist outside the heat. :facepalm:

hugepatsfan
04-17-2010, 07:55 AM
Could just as easily be the Bulls he is talking about. They also have an all star that can create his own shot.

Who? :D

skinsfan4life80
04-17-2010, 08:09 AM
I didnt realize that Wade was the only person in the NBA who could create his own shot.

jimm120
04-17-2010, 08:13 AM
Who? :D

Dude, obviously the Knicks.

Bill Walker can create his own shot.

Chandler can create his own shot.

And Gallonari is working on creating his own shot (sometimes he does, sometimes he doesn't)

flores
04-17-2010, 08:15 AM
he should be forced to stay in toronto :rolleyes:

thescore53
04-17-2010, 08:33 AM
hes tryna put pressure on brian colangelo to bring in some superstar but he doesnt know that it would be impossible, hes playing the biggest bluffing game ive ever seen

JayW_1023
04-17-2010, 08:40 AM
If he is, it would be a great thing!!

Wade and Bosh - Unstoppable.

Not as unstoppable as Wade and Shaq were.

ntat
04-17-2010, 08:54 AM
lol i have never said this once, but close this thread. He in no way, insinuates any team let alone the heat, what so ever. He may end up going to the Heat, but this thread is ridiculous...

thescore53
04-17-2010, 08:55 AM
lebron signs with toronto for the league mininum, raptors still fail to make playoffs, close thread

Chicagofaithful
04-17-2010, 09:13 AM
guys im pretty sure he is talking about himself lol

Ragun
04-17-2010, 09:51 AM
maybe he is but that is also pretty much every team in the east and the west except for the bulls.

anyway, i think miami will go after amare first

0nekhmer
04-17-2010, 10:46 AM
if anything he's hinting for the GM has to get that SG in order for him to stay. He's putting the Raptors in front of everyone people.. if they don't do anything this summer he will just sign and trade to another team he wants to go to.

Raidaz4Life
04-17-2010, 11:10 AM
That would be a pretty beast lineup

ankit
04-17-2010, 11:17 AM
The only way Bosh stays in Toronto is if MLSE pushes the cap over the threshold which has been indicated before. Turkolu is untradeable but a top free agent signing like Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudmoire, Boozer Rudy Gay or even David Lee will solidfy the toronto lineup. And for BArgani pack him to Golden State with Calderon to get Monte Ellis and thats it. IF BC can make those bold moves Bosh will stay if he fails and tries to get a mid level guy like the Turk Bosh is packing and he will go to the Heat only if Wade Stays or the Knicks if they somehow get the king which i doubt it. :D

ink
04-17-2010, 12:07 PM
If he is effective it will be because he will be playing with a better player in DWade.

ink
04-17-2010, 12:08 PM
maybe he is but that is also pretty much every team in the east and the west except for the bulls.

anyway, i think miami will go after amare first

So do I. Worst case scenario is that Bosh stays in Toronto and we get a B grade slasher to go with him. Neither is a solution to what the team really needs.

clutchski
04-17-2010, 12:12 PM
Wow you're looking way too much into what he said.

clutchski
04-17-2010, 12:13 PM
So do I. Worst case scenario is that Bosh stays in Toronto and we get a B grade slasher to go with him. Neither is a solution to what the team really needs.

So then what direction would you prefer the franchise to go?

Lakerfrk
04-17-2010, 12:17 PM
Honestly... I think... Rose/Hinrich/Deng/Bosh/Noah is deadlier than the Wade/Bosh combo.

ink
04-17-2010, 12:28 PM
So then what direction would you prefer the franchise to go?

Needs:

PG
SG
C

Assets:

Calderon
Weems or DeRozan
Banks and Evans - expirings
Bosh

Bosh in S&T- let Bosh go and get whatever you can for him, prioritizing picks. If you get a player like Lee, flip him and try to get a defensive C or a swingman. If you can't get much other than picks, that's fine, Colangelo's draft record is very good as is Triano's development record (i.e. Bargnani, Weems, Amir Johnson). Going the picks route right away would mean a year or two rebuilding with a 35 win team.

SF - give Turkoglu one more year to try to improve his value as point forward. He will look better without Bosh and Calderon in the lineup. Bosh is all about ISOs and Calderon is a playmaker, which you don't need if you have a point forward. Solve the incompatibility and redundancy and increase the value of your SF asset.

SG - try to get a free agent swingman who can become the complement to Bargnani, who you shift to his natural position at PF beside a defensive C

PG - draft a PG who can develop from the bench behind Jack and take over in a few years

FlakeyFool
04-17-2010, 12:54 PM
Needs:

PG
SG
C

Assets:

Calderon
Weems or DeRozan
Bosh

Bosh in S&T- let Bosh go and get whatever you can for him, prioritizing picks. If you get a player like Lee, flip him and try to get a defensive C or a swingman. If you can't get much other than picks, that's fine, Colangelo's draft record is very good as is Triano's development record (i.e. Bargnani, Weems, Amir Johnson). Going the picks route right away would mean a year or two rebuilding with a 35 win team.

SF - give Turkoglu one more year to try to improve his value as point forward. He will look better without Bosh and Calderon in the lineup. Bosh is all about ISOs and Calderon is a playmaker, which you don't need if you have a point forward. Solve the incompatibility and redundancy and increase the value of your SF asset.

SG - try to get a free agent swingman who can become the complement to Bargnani, who you shift to his natural position at PF beside a defensive C

PG - draft a PG who can develop from the bench behind Jack and take over in a few years

:clap:

Sadds The Gr8
04-17-2010, 01:00 PM
:facepalm: @ the OP

mjt20mik
04-17-2010, 01:03 PM
Honestly... I think... Rose/Hinrich/Deng/Bosh/Noah is deadlier than the Wade/Bosh combo.

If Bosh leaves, we will most probably get a sign and trade. So take Deng and Noah out of that lineup, insert fillers with Bosh, and that's the next year Bulls.

clutchski
04-17-2010, 01:07 PM
If Bosh leaves, we will most probably get a sign and trade. So take Deng and Noah out of that lineup, insert fillers with Bosh, and that's the next year Bulls.

Yeah Chicago will want to keep Noah though.

NYK_kidd77
04-17-2010, 01:17 PM
Lol quick everyone say their own team!

ink
04-17-2010, 01:26 PM

The reason being that Bosh would only need to be a weapon on the Bulls. The less pressure on him to lead, the more effective he will be. That's not a comment about his personality. As a teammate he is fantastic and very humble. It's a comment on how his position can't be the go-to position and he needs to play off of other options. The Bulls have a more complete roster than the Heat.

Still, DWade is by far the best player out of all of those names. It would be intriguing to see Bosh as the second option behind someone that good.

celtsballa21
04-17-2010, 01:28 PM
Bosh has said for awhile he likes the Heat. Him and Wade would be an amazing duo and with contracts expiring they could also afford another FA.

dtmagnet
04-17-2010, 02:00 PM
Needs:

PG
SG
C

Assets:

Calderon
Weems or DeRozan
Bosh

Well said, looks like a solid plan to me.

J$mo0th_3o5
04-17-2010, 02:26 PM
I actually rather have Amare:hide:

BuddhaMONK
04-17-2010, 02:27 PM
bosh is prefering the raptors. Bosh doesn't want to play second fidle either, so that means no james, wade, kobe. carmello,durant, etc. At the end of the summer bosh will be wearing a raptor jersey mark my words.

Let me inform you guys about some of things which have contributed my reasoning for him staying:

1) bosh said that Toronto feels like home to him
2) for his dvd release he had a song in the background which stated "rep toronto till the death of me" (yea that could be a marketing sceme but it doubt it based on his comments about toronto)
3) Bosh said that he wanted to lure a big named player to toronto (this was prior to the deadline)
4) Bosh was asked whether the raptors should any moves at the trade deadline he said the team did not need to make changes (this was after comment 3)
5) if he wanted to lure a big named player to toronto and didn't want toronto to make any moves at the deadline, he's obviously talking about the summer (offseason).
6) Bosh said that he does not want to be 2nd fiddle and takes pride in being a franchise player
7) Bosh has to pretend that he hasn't made up his mind in order to increase his value and get a max contract (let's be honest he is not a max contract player).
8) sonny weems (bosh's teammate) said that he thinks bosh will be back
9) he has a very good relationship with brian collangelo
10) He's very good friends with jarret jack (his college teammate)

...to me that sounds like someone who wants to stay

ink
04-17-2010, 02:55 PM
I actually rather have Amare:hide:

He and DWade together would be spectacular. I'm not looking past the Suns' post-season though. I like what I'm watching there.

Sly Guy
04-17-2010, 02:56 PM

don't tell me you're comparing rose to wade.....please, just don't.

the_jon
04-17-2010, 03:02 PM
7) Bosh has to pretend that he hasn't made up his mind in order to increase his value and get a max contract (let's be honest he is not a max contract player).

How is he not a max contract player? If ****ing Jermaine O'Neal can get a max contract then obviously Bosh can..

Sly Guy
04-17-2010, 03:08 PM
How is he not a max contract player? If ****ing Jermaine O'Neal can get a max contract then obviously Bosh can..

that was a long time ago. Bosh will get max money, but the arguement would be he's only a shade above a 20-10 player, without the leadership skills to command his own team.

the_jon
04-17-2010, 03:29 PM
that was a long time ago. Bosh will get max money, but the arguement would be he's only a shade above a 20-10 player, without the leadership skills to command his own team.
Then how come everyones on Amare's nuts when he hasn't even put up 10 RPG ONCE in his entire career? Bosh is a better rebounder, and a better defender. Considering the type of offense Phoenix runs, I feel safe in saying Bosh is the better scorer aswell. Bosh isn't a superstar because he doesn't score what the SG's and SF's are scoring? Honestly besides Dirk Nowitzski I can't think of a better PF. And Dirks rebounding doesn't even come close to Boshs... Pau Gasol is the only other current ELITE PF and he's no Bosh. Duncan and Garnett just aren't what they used to be.

BuddhaMONK
04-17-2010, 03:36 PM

If kobe isn't a max contract player there's no way in hell that bosh is and don't give me that s**t that he aging the guys still the best finisher (if not player) in the game. Bosh struggles against good teams, but i guess you wouldn't know that would you. Having said that i'd still give max in order to keep him even though he's probably not worth it especially with his injury problems (he's missed 12 or more games in 4 of his last 5 seasons and has also played injured in many games as well).

the_jon
04-17-2010, 04:42 PM
If kobe isn't a max contract player there's no way in hell that bosh is and don't give me that s**t that he aging the guys still the best finisher (if not player) in the game. Bosh struggles against good teams, but i guess you wouldn't know that would you. Having said that i'd still give max in order to keep him even though he's probably not worth it especially with his injury problems (he's missed 12 or more games in 4 of his last 5 seasons and has also played injured in many games as well).
Kobe's obviously a max contract "type" of player, don't put words into my mouth. He doesn't have one because he wants to be in LA... A few years ago it was either gonna be the Lakers or the Clippers. Id take a few million less to not play for an embarrassing team, wouldn't you?

As for Bosh struggling against good teams... what can I say? I am more of a baseball guy so you'd think I'd be able to bring these stats up right away, but I can't. I wouldn't say he 'struggles' against good teams... It's more like he just runs over the really bad teams which inflate his numbers (a tad) but I could say the same about a lot of players. Show me a link though before I can make an opinion on that.

BuddhaMONK
04-17-2010, 04:59 PM
Yea that's what i mean by struggling if he played only against above .500 team his stats would probably be like 17pts and 8rb per game. If you look at the guys I mentioned above (previous post) they can put up numbers against any opponent good or bad, that's why IMO bosh is not a max contract player (not to mention he's overated defensively). Having said all that I'd still love to keep him on the raptors as he is one of the best PF's in the league.

IRUAM #21
04-17-2010, 05:55 PM
“You’re going to have to have somebody else who can really create their own (shot), or ... be an all-star,” Bosh said. “You look at every good team, that’s what they have. And I think if you emulate the teams of the past five years who have won ... I think you can’t go wrong.”

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm:

ldc62
04-18-2010, 03:43 AM
Not as unstoppable as Wade and Shaq were.

Wade won them that championship. Then injuries hit... Bosh and Wade = Dynasty for the next 5 years.

heathonater
04-18-2010, 03:55 AM
bosh will go to the team that provides him the best chance to win a title. so, i could see him signing with miami providing wade stays there.

Rapthug
04-18-2010, 08:26 AM

Dude....don't go there.

JO got that deal when he lead his team to the finals (or close to it..can't remember) and he is 10X the defensive player that Bosh is....even now.

I would take JO at his prime over Bosh now. You can't even make an arguement for Bosh.

JordansBulls
04-18-2010, 08:49 AM

Rose can create his own shot as well.

Jamiecballer
04-18-2010, 09:07 AM
Still, DWade is by far the best player out of all of those names. It would be intriguing to see Bosh as the second option behind someone that good.

Yes, it would. If he ends up in Miami with Wade it would be hard not to like that team. Two superstars, both decent hard working pro's. I would be jealous.