PDA

View Full Version : how the Sac kings can become a playoff contenter w/o spending alot of money

bgut222
04-15-2010, 08:31 PM
how the Sac kings can become a playoff contenter w/o spending alot of money? Well i see the upcoming and rising teams i see the kings. The kings have a lottey pick this year. they get Evan Turner and go out and get some free agents in 2010. Now they go after two guys that will not cost that much.
1. Joe Johnson- will have to pay top dollar but worth it for the all star
2.David Lee- Class B/C free agent sign for mid salary.
3. Yao Ming will opt out of final year. Injury if healed can turn to be back as a allstar will not sign for a lot.

Kings Starting lineup 2010

Pg- T.evans
Sg- Joe Johnson
Sf- Evan Turner
PF- Carl Landry
C- Ming/Lee

Thats a pretty good team. Prop wont happen though

R_O_W_E
04-15-2010, 08:41 PM
Welcome.

Do you use drugs?

Kingz4L
04-15-2010, 08:41 PM
how the Sac kings can become a playoff contenter w/o spending alot of money? Well i see the upcoming and rising teams i see the kings. The kings have a lottey pick this year. they get Evan Turner and go out and get some free agents in 2010. Now they go after two guys that will not cost that much.
1. Joe Johnson- will have to pay top dollar but worth it for the all star
2.David Lee- Class B/C free agent sign for mid salary.
3. Yao Ming will opt out of final year. Injury if healed can turn to be back as a allstar will not sign for a lot.

Kings Starting lineup 2010

Pg- T.evans
Sg- Joe Johnson
Sf- Evan Turner
PF- Carl Landry
C- Ming/Lee

Thats a pretty good team. Prop wont happen though

A lot of that is wishful thinking but if we get the top 3 pick in the draft ill be happy with that, we do need a center like Haywood though, I wouldnt mind snatching Oden from Portland either even with his injury problems.

Hey Man
04-15-2010, 09:06 PM
lol wut

Kings would be lucky to get 1 of those players

Sly Guy
04-15-2010, 09:06 PM
Welcome.

Do you use drugs?

This.

Dude, you reasoning has 2 MAJOR flaws. #1, you cannot bank on a draft pick. Right now, it's still up to those bouncey balls after playoff time. #2, you cannot count on free agency because there are any number of teams out to get joe johnson this summer. I'd love to see him in a raptors' pinney, but it is and will always be more complex than 'we'll sign him'.

I'm not even gonna touch the injuries of Yao or Oden....

R_O_W_E
04-15-2010, 09:08 PM
Why would the Kings get Evan Turner? He does exactly the same thing they have in Tyreke as a SG who can run the PG position.

Sacramento needs a guy like Wesley Johnson as an athletic finisher who can lock down the SF position.

astrosmaniac
04-15-2010, 09:15 PM
ming wont opt out, hes owed 17+ mil next year and no one would give him that on the free agent market. second, all three of those guys you suggested would cost a TON of money, which is the exact opposite of the thread title

kblo247
04-15-2010, 09:17 PM
Relocate to the eastern conference because those boys are a footnote in their own division. In fact they could very well be the least talented depending on how the Clips spend their money and the Warrior's health.

Yao costs money as does JJ so that is illogical.

Kingz4L
04-15-2010, 09:22 PM
Relocate to the eastern conference because those boys are a footnote in their own division. In fact they could very well be the least talented depending on how the Clips spend their money and the Warrior's health.

All you do is talk s h i t about other teams...how old are you?

IAmKira
04-15-2010, 09:23 PM
Why would David lee sign for mid salary when he could get 8-10 aleast? If he does sign for mid salary, it would be with the knicks. Why would yao ming opt out of his contract? n why would he sign wif the kings of all teams? hes got a great environment in houston so why fhk that up? Leave your fantasy in ur mind next time and stop posting stupid sheit like this. If not, i could've been posting how the Lakers will have Dwade, Kobe, Lebron, Gasol and Chris bosh as the starting line up next year.

IAmKira
04-15-2010, 09:29 PM

Nawwwww they are on the same lvl as Warriors. Depending on how the draft turns out, it could be a diff story.

DerekRE_3
04-15-2010, 11:06 PM
Why would the Kings get Evan Turner? He does exactly the same thing they have in Tyreke as a SG who can run the PG position.

Sacramento needs a guy like Wesley Johnson as an athletic finisher who can lock down the SF position.

The Kings need a big man waaaay more than they need a SF.

HoopsDrive
04-15-2010, 11:09 PM
:smoking:

bluesens
04-15-2010, 11:21 PM
so yao ming opts out for 17 million something and signs mid level for sac?

Hawkeye15
04-15-2010, 11:28 PM
the Kings will not be able to sign a huge FA. They will need to win the draft to be a playoff contender next year, or at least a top 2 pick. They will then need to convince a 2nd tier FA to take less money. In all reality, the Kings won't be factors until NEXT summer. but things are positive with Evans, Casspi, Landry, and a top pick. They just dont have the roster flexibility to become a contender by next year in the slightest

jmtapia
04-15-2010, 11:48 PM
:facepalm:

but Tyreke Evans = :drool::drool::drool:

iFYouSeekAmy
04-15-2010, 11:55 PM
Homerism with hallucinations going wild, rapidly in his head.

Also, what makes this all guarantee-able? Fantasy Thread AKA Kings Forums, please.

kArSoN RyDaH
04-16-2010, 12:19 AM
sac aint paying anybody anything. tyreke evans is only being paid like 3.6 mil or sumthing. adam morrison of the lakers is paid more and hes not half the player tyreke is nor does he PLAY lol

Sadds The Gr8
04-16-2010, 12:23 AM
Welcome.

Do you use drugs?

this. But i don't see them passing on Turner if the Kings were to get that #2 spot.

CityofTreez
04-16-2010, 12:43 AM
the Kings will not be able to sign a huge FA. They will need to win the draft to be a playoff contender next year, or at least a top 2 pick. They will then need to convince a 2nd tier FA to take less money. In all reality, the Kings won't be factors until NEXT summer. but things are positive with Evans, Casspi, Landry, and a top pick. They just dont have the roster flexibility to become a contender by next year in the slightest

well said Hawkeye.

Even though I root for the Kings, they are 2-3 years from even coming close to a playoff contender. We aren;t missing alot of pieces, it's just we need to build on development in our youngsters. They play young, and will continue as the years go by.

I have been saying, the Kings were the most consistent team at being inconsistent. I just can;t see a huge FA arriving.

I think a player like Favors/Cousins/Vanardo/Udoh is what we need in this upcoming draft, with Derrick Favors as my #1 target. That's just me though, so take it or leave it

ldc62
04-16-2010, 12:44 AM
no one wants to be playing for the Kings...

billy17
04-16-2010, 12:52 AM
no one wants to playing for the Kings...

I wants to playing for the Kings..

fadedmario
04-16-2010, 01:08 AM
I think the Kings are a draft pick away from having a SHOT at the playoffs next year. The Grizzlies (if they keep Rudy) and the Kings could be good. Both teams will probably be much better if they pick up a decent FA in the off-season and do well with their draft picks. The West is so deep though. Realistically they will be a .500 team, if their lucky

49ERS LEGACY530
04-16-2010, 01:18 AM
no one wants to playing for the Kings...

i thinks i disagree withs u.... ahhahah

the kings are two years away from being a contender, with a good pick in the draft and a second tier FA we will be a damn good team.... sacs on the rise brotha dont hate:)

DirkIsTheBest
04-16-2010, 01:21 AM
Trade Evans for Curry

ldc62
04-16-2010, 02:21 AM
I wants to playing for the Kings..

Uh-Oh... looks like I caused some problems with the Grammer police...

ldc62
04-16-2010, 02:22 AM
i thinks i disagree withs u.... ahhahah

the kings are two years away from being a contender, with a good pick in the draft and a second tier FA we will be a damn good team.... sacs on the rise brotha dont hate:)

They have been garbage ever since they got rid of Rick Adelman. God who is running that organization......?

billy17
04-16-2010, 02:29 AM
Well theyve got a pretty talented 20 year old and they just extended their coaches contract for the first time since Adelman left so lets just wait a bit and see..

oakland21
04-16-2010, 02:31 AM
Welcome.

Do you use drugs?

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

sacgiants1213
04-16-2010, 02:32 AM
sac aint paying anybody anything. tyreke evans is only being paid like 3.6 mil or sumthing. adam morrison of the lakers is paid more and hes not half the player tyreke is nor does he PLAY lol

Are you serious with this post?

tMoNEy24
04-16-2010, 02:45 AM

:facepalm: , This has got to be one of the worst things Ive seen on PSD. LMFAO , You do know Reke is in his Rookie Contract right? LOL WOW

Hawkeye15
04-16-2010, 07:45 AM
well said Hawkeye.

Even though I root for the Kings, they are 2-3 years from even coming close to a playoff contender. We aren;t missing alot of pieces, it's just we need to build on development in our youngsters. They play young, and will continue as the years go by.

I have been saying, the Kings were the most consistent team at being inconsistent. I just can;t see a huge FA arriving.

I think a player like Favors/Cousins/Vanardo/Udoh is what we need in this upcoming draft, with Derrick Favors as my #1 target. That's just me though, so take it or leave it

Favors would be a great pick. Landry is not a long term answer at starter, but he is ideal to play that 28 mpg off the bench role. And it would give Favors a season or two to grow into what he could become. I can't think of a better pick for them. Cousins would also be nice. And in FA, adding a mid level vet to teach the youngens about being a pro, and consistency for a season may not hurt, but if I am Sac, I am developing Evans, Casspi, Landry, and the others for a season, and trying to create financial flexibility to go after a great piece in the summer of 2011.

Hawkeye15
04-16-2010, 07:46 AM
Trade Evans for Curry

why?? Do you really think Curry could handle being the main offensive role and dominate the ball as effectively as Tyreke? Hell no

fadedmario
04-16-2010, 09:47 AM

Funniest post I've ever seen on here, Really???