PDA

View Full Version : Are you worried about the Lakers now?

mjsneaker
04-15-2010, 01:11 PM
The lakers are not in their shape for several weeks now.Can they get to the final stage of post-season? Are you worried about Kobe Bryant now?

Raph12
04-15-2010, 01:16 PM
If they played the Spurs in the first round, I'd be worried, but against the Thunder, meh not really.

bigsams50
04-15-2010, 01:23 PM
If they played the Spurs in the first round, I'd be worried, but against the Thunder, meh not really.

This. The Lakers bigs should have a field day against OKC's bigs

Hawkeye15
04-15-2010, 01:29 PM
not worried until round 2 really. They need to make sure and not let the Thunder push them to 6-7 games though, or there may not be enough left come finals if they make it that far

BOSTON617
04-15-2010, 01:36 PM
haha lakers are getting celtic hate now

The Final Boss
04-15-2010, 01:55 PM
haha lakers are getting celtic hate now

Not to be mean, but who the **** hates on Boston? That team is irrelevant. You and I know damn well their golf clubs are sitting in the trunks of their cars. Write it down.

Hawkeye15
04-15-2010, 02:16 PM
Not to be mean, but who the **** hates on Boston? That team is irrelevant. You and I know damn well their golf clubs are sitting in the trunks of their cars. Write it down.

I think he is referring to the year after they won it dude. Which he is right on.

Chacarron
04-15-2010, 02:24 PM
I find it weird that this 2-post user creates a thread like this one and he has just joined today. I think it's a fair question to ask but I just find it weird. Anyway, as a Lakers fan, I can honestly said I'm not worried about the Lakers. After game one, a fair assessment can be made about how this team will fare out in the playoffs. We are going to see a totally different Kobe Bryant.

ballpd05
04-15-2010, 04:27 PM
I wouldn't be too worried yet. The Lakers still are the most talented team in basketball. I think when you have to play them 4-7 times in a row it will be easier for them to take away another teams strengths than for another team to take away theirs. They will get used to playing KD and make him have to be unbelievable to beat them. With Kobe, Ron, Lamar, Pau, and Bynum it is the old saying you can't stop everyone especially 24

ballpd05
04-15-2010, 04:29 PM
I'd be worried about Dallas and San Antonio though. They at least have the size to match the lakers, and could do some damage with their weapons if the lakers continue to struggle defensively.

heathonater
04-15-2010, 04:30 PM
im not worried about the lakers in this series. however, their second round matchup with utah or denver will be very difficult. la better play some good ball because they can easily lose to those teams if they continue to play like they did towards the end of the regular season. with that said, its still the lakers conference to lose, they are the best team out west.

ElMarroAfamado
04-15-2010, 05:21 PM
stop with the ****ing spurs damnit they are not doing anything in the playoffs
that is the most annoying thing that comes up every year .....

G-Funk
04-15-2010, 05:34 PM
not worried yet only if they play Nuggets in the next round then ill be worried

kblo247
04-15-2010, 06:01 PM
im not worried about the lakers in this series. however, their second round matchup with utah or denver will be very difficult. la better play some good ball because they can easily lose to those teams if they continue to play like they did towards the end of the regular season. with that said, its still the lakers conference to lose, they are the best team out west.

You mean the team that they swept and blew out in game 6 on their home floor when they were healthy and actually had their coach there with them every step of the way (Denver)

or

You mean the team that they beat in 6 (would have been 5 had Kobe not hurt his back), beat in 5 last year, held to 6 points in the fourth quarter this year, and whose coach is Phil's ***** (Utah)

I will never get why people think they are scared of teams who they have beaten multiple times in the playoffs. If anything Denver and Utah should be more scared of them.

The Final Boss
04-15-2010, 06:55 PM
I think he is referring to the year after they won it dude. Which he is right on.

I actually didn't hear much out of anyone's mouth. Everyone pretty much dismissed Boston area sports after Spygate, steroids in the Sox club house, and Garnett selling his soul. The whole sports scene is pretty much obsolete, especially after no one was in foxborough, the Garden or Fenway until they started winning. The only thing not tainted in Boston is the chowder and even that is pending investigation.

The Final Boss
04-15-2010, 06:58 PM
You mean the team that they swept and blew out in game 6 on their home floor when they were healthy and actually had their coach there with them every step of the way (Denver)

or

You mean the team that they beat in 6 (would have been 5 had Kobe not hurt his back), beat in 5 last year, held to 6 points in the fourth quarter this year, and whose coach is Phil's ***** (Utah)

I will never get why people think they are scared of teams who they have beaten multiple times in the playoffs. If anything Denver and Utah should be more scared of them.

Kids will be kids.

Probably the same children who said Cleveland was better than L.A. last year only to have L.A. embarrass the team(Orlando) that embarrassed Cleveland.:facepalm:

ManRam
04-15-2010, 06:59 PM
I'm upset SA didn't get the 8th seed. The Lakers will be more easily beaten this series than any series these playoffs. Do you really expect Bynum to hop right on in and blend in perfectly? No. Do I think resting Kobe (or anyone) is necessarily a good thing. There are some chemistry issues that are going to pop up right away. OKC isn't good enough, or mentally strong/mature enough to capitalize.

After the first round they'll be good to go...and should scare any and every team.

Baller1
04-15-2010, 07:36 PM
stop with the ****ing spurs damnit they are not doing anything in the playoffs
that is the most annoying thing that comes up every year .....

You're right, they've only won 4 championships in the past decade and one of the greatest dynasties of all time.

****ing Spurs...

CAVS21
04-15-2010, 08:33 PM

:clap::clap: baaahahahahahahaha AGREED.....write it down TWICE

kimchi'sworld
04-16-2010, 01:10 AM
I'm upset SA didn't get the 8th seed. The Lakers will be more easily beaten this series than any series these playoffs. Do you really expect Bynum to hop right on in and blend in perfectly? No. Do I think resting Kobe (or anyone) is necessarily a good thing. There are some chemistry issues that are going to pop up right away. OKC isn't good enough, or mentally strong/mature enough to capitalize.

After the first round they'll be good to go...and should scare any and every team.

Yeah I agree the Lakers will be rusty in the first round and San Antonio would have had a better chance of beating them in the first round if their out of sync, but their most likely going to get better and scarier in each round they advance to.

Vidball
04-16-2010, 01:21 AM
I actually didn't hear much out of anyone's mouth. Everyone pretty much dismissed Boston area sports after Spygate, steroids in the Sox club house, and Garnett selling his soul. The whole sports scene is pretty much obsolete, especially after no one was in foxborough, the Garden or Fenway until they started winning. The only thing not tainted in Boston is the chowder and even that is pending investigation.

One of the best posts ever!:clap:

fadedmario
04-16-2010, 01:29 AM
The Lakers will win it all this year. They know what they are doing. Denver (not Cleveland) is the only team that I think could do some damage against LA. The Lakers will repeat this year. They are too deep and have the best player in the world. The reason I also like Denver is I think they are underrated and they are a true team. Cleveland has never won a title in their history and that's not going to change this year.

PHX2daDEATH
04-16-2010, 01:33 AM
if I were a Laker fan I'd be really worried.. Nobody knows whether Bynum is going to hurt or help them.. I said this in the begining the Lakers are going to have chemistry problems once they get to the playoffs and I believe that more then ever now. They have not been healthy all year long.. i'll say it again I think OKC's youth and heart is going to give the lakers a lot of problems

fadedmario
04-16-2010, 01:33 AM
When the Lakers win it this year, Kobe is on the same level as Michael Jordan. The greatest ever, now has a sidekick. I don't care what Cleveland fans think about that post. It's true, this is coming from a Piston fan.

Silent
04-16-2010, 01:42 AM
i got thunder in 7

fadedmario
04-16-2010, 01:44 AM
i got thunder in 7

they are too young. should be exciting though. Durant is a beast

shep33
04-16-2010, 01:56 AM
The scary thing with the Lakers is that they've been injured all year long, since the start of the year. Kobe shouldn't have even played most of this, Ron injured his hands, feet and missed a few games with a concussion. Pau missed what 16 games or so? Bynum missed the last few weeks. Odom messed up his shoulder pretty bad, Vujacic has been injured off and on, and will likely miss round one. Shannon Brown needs surgery in the offseason to fix his thumb, Luke Walton missed most of the year. This team has had significant injuries all year, and played with inconsistent lineups and they still got the best record in the west and 3rd best overall. Crazy how good they'd be if they were as healthy as they were last year.

So basically its gonna be interesting to see what happens in the playoffs. This team could struggle throughout the playoffs, or who knows maybe this monster of a team shows up and just kills everyone. They're very Jekyl and Hyde, honestly they can be the best defensive and offensive team at times, and other times they can look like an average team.

Hard to say with the Lakeshow. I think they showup and play well, maybe struggle the first couple games of the playoffs, but if they go into round 2 playing the Nuggets, that'll be a great series.

willsayanything
04-16-2010, 02:11 AM
Phil Jackson is not worried. He's just told the refs how to call the game. The refs aren't worried, they already knew how to call the game. 'It would be to the benefit of the NBA if the Lakers advance.'

kblo247
04-16-2010, 02:19 AM
The scary thing with the Lakers is that they've been injured all year long, since the start of the year. Kobe shouldn't have even played most of this, Ron injured his hands, feet and missed a few games with a concussion. Pau missed what 16 games or so? Bynum missed the last few weeks. Odom messed up his shoulder pretty bad, Vujacic has been injured off and on, and will likely miss round one. Shannon Brown needs surgery in the offseason to fix his thumb, Luke Walton missed most of the year. This team has had significant injuries all year, and played with inconsistent lineups and they still got the best record in the west and 3rd best overall. Crazy how good they'd be if they were as healthy as they were last year.

So basically its gonna be interesting to see what happens in the playoffs. This team could struggle throughout the playoffs, or who knows maybe this monster of a team shows up and just kills everyone. They're very Jekyl and Hyde, honestly they can be the best defensive and offensive team at times, and other times they can look like an average team.

Hard to say with the Lakeshow. I think they showup and play well, maybe struggle the first couple games of the playoffs, but if they go into round 2 playing the Nuggets, that'll be a great series.

People keep overlooking that fact. The only healthy Lakers this year have been Morrison and Powell.

To go with the point - Fisher had a hip injury. Farmar has a hand and hamstring injury. Mbenga had a groin injury.

At the end of the day they still have the best record out west and it isn't like they barely have it. The difference between them and the 2 seed was decided well before the difference between 2 through 8 and people shouldn't just balk at that.

Silent
04-16-2010, 02:52 AM
they are too young. should be exciting though. Durant is a beast

Dont matter Durant plays like a vet and u have a very solid team playing great b-ball im srry but la has no momentum there gonna take okc for granted and its gonna bit theme in the ***.

fadedmario
04-16-2010, 03:08 AM
Dont matter Durant plays like a vet and u have a very solid team playing great b-ball im srry but la has no momentum there gonna take okc for granted and its gonna bit theme in the ***.

I love the Thunder but the Lakers are a sleeping giant. The thunder don't have much of a chance

PHX2daDEATH
04-16-2010, 05:23 PM
I don't know if the Lakers have the chemistry to flip that 'switch' everybody talks about.. the Same switch San Antonio used to win their titles. Everyone says how the Lakers are "Loaded' and will annihilate OKC.. There have been many "Loaded" teams that have fail miserably.. 07 Mavs for instance...the 04 Lakers..and even the 2004 olympic team..

RadiantShot
04-16-2010, 05:40 PM
Never underestimate the heart of a champion. That's all I have to say, and I don't even like the Lakers.