PDA

View Full Version : Marc Gasols contract worth.

Hellcrooner
04-15-2010, 08:17 AM
After next season he will be an expiring and Grizz ar going to commit max bucks to Gay and a very high salary to Randolph so i think if he gets a good money offer out ther he may walk.

Rmeber capable centers are rare to find this days and that a TON of bad contracts lately belonged to centers ( Curry, J James, Dampier, Ratliff, Lafrentz etc etc)

SO what type of money do you think he will commnad?

WOuld you want it on your team? ( say wich team it is).

Hawkeye15
04-15-2010, 08:26 AM
You make a good point, that even average centers cash in. Marc is a good player, I think he will be worth around 4 years, $40 million.

Miltown34
04-15-2010, 08:43 AM
I don't know the CBA is coming up and salaries will get slashed considerably, so the memphis Grizz might get a break if they wait.

Carey
04-15-2010, 08:58 AM
He's a 10 million dollar a year player, i'd take him in OKC.

cheerio
04-15-2010, 09:12 AM
$10 mil a year

clehmun
04-15-2010, 09:52 AM
10 million +

i'd pay him more than i'd pay rudy gay.

BOSTON617
04-15-2010, 10:08 AM
if he left the grizzles i think he would be moved to pf

Hellcrooner
04-15-2010, 10:10 AM

???? he has always played as center....

mikantsass
04-15-2010, 10:14 AM
^^^^I agree I think he stays as a Center.

I think he is worth $7-9 mil per year, and I would def want him on the C's if we didnt have Perk (or if Gasol comes off the bench)

Vidball
04-15-2010, 10:23 AM
Well, it'll be under a new CBA which will probably have drastically reduced player salaries so I would say he will get about $5M a year.

Bob_at_york
04-15-2010, 10:28 AM
can he sign an extension this offseason? Maybe he should just in case of the CBA.

$ NyC $
04-15-2010, 10:40 AM
Would definitely love him on the Knicks. He's a pretty versatile center who's extremely smart. I agree that i personally would pay him more than Gay since a good center is a rare find these days.

wileyisTOFU
04-15-2010, 10:41 AM
well, Memphis enjoyed their run

BOSTON617
04-15-2010, 10:45 AM
ya because they have randolph say the celtics sign him he would be kgs replacement or say bosh left toronto boshs replacement so on i think he would be a better pf

Hellcrooner
04-15-2010, 10:50 AM
ya because they have randolph say the celtics sign him he would be kgs replacement or say bosh left toronto boshs replacement so on i think he would be a better pf

In th raptors Bargnani woudl play Pf and Marc Center.

Bargs naturalposition is pf

-Kobe24-TJ19-
04-15-2010, 11:00 AM
7 per year

Hawkeye15
04-15-2010, 11:02 AM
7 per year

?? I thought I was being conservative with $10 million seeing as what Bogut or Bynum make for instance. Gasol is deserving of their salaries basically.

masalex1205
04-15-2010, 11:07 AM

He's 7'1", he's about as natural of a center as they come

7 per year

No way, good centers are a rarity these days

MagicDojo
04-15-2010, 11:09 AM
?? I thought I was being conservative with $10 million seeing as what Bogut or Bynum make for instance. Gasol is deserving of their salaries basically.

You are in the right range based on the market place.

BOSTON617
04-15-2010, 11:22 AM
height has nothing to do with it just an opinion on how i feel lol kg is 7 feet tall i think marc could be way more dominent say he went to a team with a decent c and a bad pf i could see him playing pf not saying its gunna happen i wouldnt be surprised if it did tho... and i can see him making 8 mil a yr

Big Quett
04-15-2010, 11:57 AM

Dude i love Marc as much as anybody but he is not a pf. He is not quick or agile enough to guard pf's. Especially since most pfs are perimeter based now a days. Could he play pf? Yeah. But he is and always be more effective and efficient at C

BOSTON617
04-15-2010, 12:14 PM
ok but say memphis intends on keeping gasol and randolh is asking for to much money...

conley pg
mayo- sg
gay-sf
gasol- pf
thabeet- c

good young talented team right there

Swashcuff
04-15-2010, 01:03 PM

huh. Why would any team do that? Sigh

The_Pharouh
04-15-2010, 01:08 PM
Depends on the CBA,I think it will be smart choice to sign an extension this year if he can

BOSTON617
04-15-2010, 01:15 PM
huh. Why would any team do that? Sigh

because he could prob play both postions????????? so your telling me if say he signed to the bucks just forget about bogut gasols better i would rather put him at pf :facepalm:

Sadds The Gr8
04-15-2010, 01:19 PM
You make a good point, that even average centers cash in. Marc is a good player, I think he will be worth around 4 years, $40 million.

this.

Carey
04-15-2010, 01:21 PM
Yea 7 million is def low balling him, at least 10 million. Legit 7 footers that can get you 15 and 10 and still have upside to improve are not available everyday.

Hellcrooner
04-15-2010, 02:24 PM
i think maybe someone may overpay and round it to 12?

Swashcuff
04-15-2010, 03:13 PM
because he could prob play both postions????????? so your telling me if say he signed to the bucks just forget about bogut gasols better i would rather put him at pf :facepalm:

when i was like 7 and i was just starting to really pay attention to basketball i thought like you. Since Marc has been in the NBA how much have you seen him play PF? You base it on his skill set that he could play. Has he played PF for an extended period of time for you to say something like that. You are just being rediculous. By your idea the Cavs should start Big Z and PF as well because we all know he can play there as well. I wonder if you are getting confused this IS MARC Gasol we are talking about not Pau.

Why am I discussing this with you. You have no clue what you are talking about. This is the Real NBA we talking about NOT 2K.

KnicksorBust
04-15-2010, 03:20 PM
Gasol and Mayo for CP3.

jimbobjarree
04-15-2010, 03:46 PM
I'd happily have him on the Jazz for the same money we're paying Memo

BOSTON617
04-15-2010, 03:49 PM
when i was like 7 and i was just starting to really pay attention to basketball i thought like you. Since Marc has been in the NBA how much have you seen him play PF? You base it on his skill set that he could play. Has he played PF for an extended period of time for you to say something like that. You are just being rediculous. By your idea the Cavs should start Big Z and PF as well because we all know he can play there as well. I wonder if you are getting confused this IS MARC Gasol we are talking about not Pau.

Why am I discussing this with you. You have no clue what you are talking about. This is the Real NBA we talking about NOT 2K.

lol idc your prob right anyway im just saying what can happen bro not saying it will happen have you ever heard of a pf/c and if the cavs didnt have jamison i would sugg putting z in at pf once and a while lol for instance rasheed wallace pf/c would you like another ok nowitski pf/c o wait lets do a few more ben wallace pf/c hmm..... jermaine oneal was a pf became a center... i think your ridiculous for caring about my comments so much... dont watch me watch tv :rolleyes:

SteveNash
04-15-2010, 03:50 PM
Depends on the new CBA.

Swashcuff
04-15-2010, 07:47 PM
lol idc your prob right anyway im just saying what can happen bro not saying it will happen have you ever heard of a pf/c and if the cavs didnt have jamison i would sugg putting z in at pf once and a while lol for instance rasheed wallace pf/c would you like another ok nowitski pf/c o wait lets do a few more ben wallace pf/c hmm..... jermaine oneal was a pf became a center... i think your ridiculous for caring about my comments so much... dont watch me watch tv :rolleyes:

wow thanks for the amazing history lesson :rolleyes:

watch tv. YOU sir needs to watch some games becuz if you think Marc Gasol is suited as a PF in today's league you are either severely mistaken or just have no understanding of the game whatsoever. I'd just give you the benefit of the doubt and say you are just mistaken.You should try watching some games before you say stupid stuff and given even more stupid examples.

0nekhmer
04-15-2010, 08:16 PM
10 mil+ he's an amazing young C that i'd want on the raps

(DET)#1 ALL DAY
04-15-2010, 08:29 PM
why do u think they drafted thabeet no ***** they are gunna let him walk

(DET)#1 ALL DAY
04-15-2010, 08:29 PM
4 yrs 40 mill sounds right tho

BOSTON617
04-16-2010, 08:46 AM
wow thanks for the amazing history lesson :rolleyes:

watch tv. YOU sir needs to watch some games becuz if you think Marc Gasol is suited as a PF in today's league you are either severely mistaken or just have no understanding of the game whatsoever. I'd just give you the benefit of the doubt and say you are just mistaken.You should try watching some games before you say stupid stuff and given even more stupid examples.

no my friend you are not understanding what memphis is doing lol :facepalm:
obv if they keep marc and thabeet becomes more aggressive they will put marc in at pf here and there or he will start if randolph leaves easy said and done with.... lol they wouldnt of drafted thabeet if they werent going to use him or gasol....

Swashcuff
04-16-2010, 10:59 AM
no my friend you are not understanding what memphis is doing lol :facepalm:
obv if they keep marc and thabeet becomes more aggressive they will put marc in at pf here and there or he will start if randolph leaves easy said and done with.... lol they wouldnt of drafted thabeet if they werent going to use him or gasol....

sigh. Again with the NBA 2K talk. Have you seen the Grizzlies have you watched Marc on the court. If anything he has proved this season beyond a shadow of a doubt is that he IS a true C. Not a PF not a PF/C he is not out of position he is not Al Horford. There is no team in the NBA that will put Thabeet and Marc in the frontcourt for an entire season as there PF/C. It's just ridiculous to think that. That is unless you are playing a video game.

Hellcrooner
04-16-2010, 11:18 AM
Marc can play Pf posiblly.

But the question is.

Why have him be a slightly below average PF when he can become a top 5 center and an allstar?

Swashcuff
04-16-2010, 11:25 AM

But the question is.

Why have him be a slightly below average PF when he can become a top 5 center and an allstar?

Crooner no doubt he can he has the skillset but how effective will he be as compared to playing at C.

He can yes should he No.

Hellcrooner
04-16-2010, 11:29 AM
Crooner no doubt he can he has the skillset but how effective will he be as compared to playing at C.

He can yes should he No.

Thats what i was saying.

Hawkeye15
04-16-2010, 11:38 AM

But the question is.

let Thabeet develop (hopefully), and then trade him for some more help. Or just have him as a backup. I really don't understand the Grizz picking him 2nd when they had Marc already. I know you don't draft need when you are that high in the lottery, but why take a known long term project when there were so many PG's on the board?
Anyways, Gasol is more effective at C imo. That is where he needs to play.

Hellcrooner
04-16-2010, 11:40 AM
let Thabeet develop (hopefully), and then trade him for some more help. Or just have him as a backup. I really don't understand the Grizz picking him 2nd when they had Marc already. I know you don't draft need when you are that high in the lottery, but why take a known long term project when there were so many PG's on the board?
Anyways, Gasol is more effective at C imo. That is where he needs to play.

You could REALLy use a FLynn and Jeff for Marc And Gay trade tough.

Rubio, Draftee X, Gay, Love, Marc

Hawkeye15
04-16-2010, 11:41 AM
You could REALLy use a FLynn and Jeff for Marc And Gay trade tough.

Rubio, Draftee X, Gay, Love, Marc

no ****. Give me Turner, and look out

BOSTON617
04-16-2010, 11:49 AM

He can yes should he No.

bro thats what i was saying the whole time!!!!!!! you are such a hypocrite i said i can see him playing pf i never said he was idc what he plays hes a good player no matter what i just think he could posibly be pf/c end of argument... lol

bluesens
04-16-2010, 11:52 AM
His going to get 10 million per season

Swashcuff
04-16-2010, 01:53 PM
bro thats what i was saying the whole time!!!!!!! you are such a hypocrite i said i can see him playing pf i never said he was idc what he plays hes a good player no matter what i just think he could posibly be pf/c end of argument... lol

in the very first post i made on this topic i said he has the skill set but that doesn't mean that a team should or would do it. Thats all i was saying. It's far-fetched to think that a team will seriously start 2 Cs. End of arguement.

Hawkeye15
04-16-2010, 01:58 PM
in the very first post i made on this topic i said he has the skill set but that doesn't mean that a team should or would do it. Thats all i was saying. It's far-fetched to think that a team will seriously start 2 Cs. End of arguement.

Houston from the mid 80's, and San Antonio from the late 90's. Just saying

BOSTON617
04-16-2010, 03:20 PM

thank you lol

Swashcuff
04-16-2010, 03:36 PM

San Antonio is still very debatable. And c'mon we are talking about Hakeem and Ralph Sampson vs Marc Gasol and Hasheem Thabeet

Big Quett
04-16-2010, 07:28 PM

You dont move from center to pf. You move from of to center. Marc is not a full time pf. Can he play pf at times in the game? Yes. But its not ideal to have him there the whole game. Or him be your full time starter.

Ok do you think Marc is a full time center? Because it just seems like you are disagreeing just for the sake of disagreement.

HouRealCoach
04-16-2010, 07:34 PM
MArc Gasol would be perfect with Durant, Green, and Westbrook