PDA

View Full Version : Kelly Pavlik vs Sergio Martinez

Bravo95
04-15-2010, 02:56 AM
hard for me to pick against sergio after his performance against p-will

miranda vs bute is this weekend also, looking forward to that

ULT WARRIOR408
04-15-2010, 10:51 AM
Once again I guess my thread on this same fight got erased or deleted.I am pretty sure Martinez wins this fight.As for the Bute/Miranda fight I could really careless about that fight.Mirandas washed up & Bute is the most overrated titleholders in all of boxing next to Pavlik & Froch.

BTW does anybody(2009mvp,Addix,Bravo95)know what channel& time the Pavlik/Martinez fight is on this saturday?

krazylegz
04-17-2010, 01:33 AM
if kelly wins in 6 or less,he'll be back on the map.......bute vs. miranda should be good

2009mvp
04-17-2010, 03:48 PM
^^Why 6 rounds? Martinez is a tough, tough opponent, if Pavlik comes away with a win in any way I'd be happy if I were him. I think people are discounting Pavlik a lot without realizing just how good Hopkins was that night a couple years ago. He's tailor made for Hopkins style, and even though Sergio has the speed and athleticism to do what Ex did he's just not that kind of fighter. He ate a ton of punches against Williams, I don't think he can afford to do that against Pavlik's power. Not the popular opinion I've noticed, but I say Pavlik by stoppage.

For Warrior, HBO's got both fights tonight, I assume it starts at 10 Eastern, but I haven't actually checked just yet. Bute/Miranda followed by Pavlik/Martinez, should be a pair of really entertaining bouts.

Bravo95
04-17-2010, 05:04 PM
Once again I guess my thread on this same fight got erased or deleted
yeah i remember seeing a pavlik thread at the bottom when i first started posting in this section. somebody's probably deleting stuff but we'll make it work. they should add another boxing mod... you or 2009mvp or whomever

xSolidx
04-18-2010, 02:35 AM
Great fight tonight.

I was rooting for Sergio hard, and im glad he got the victory. In my scorecard, I had Sergio winning 114-113, I might have given an extra round to Pavlik and I usually try to be as unbiased as possible when im rooting for one boxer heavily, but I believe the proper score shouldve been more like 115-112.

Sergio was doing great the first 3 or 4 rounds, but the middle rounds Pavlik was just shutting Sergio down. Sergio got caught off balance and Pavlik scored a knock down, not a devastating knockdown at all, but a knockdown nonetheless. I had Pavlik winning rounds 5-6-7 and 8 during the middle (also gave him round 3).

In round 9 all the tables were turned. Sergio became much more aggresive and completely dominated that round. Pavlik wasnt knocked down, but I nearly gave Sergio a 10-8 round, just because he was just absolutely dominating that round. Round 9-12 was all Sergio. Pavlik had a hard time with 2 cuts on both eyes, and you can just see Sergio was going to win the fight.

There will probably be a rematch between these two, but we'll see.

Bravo95
04-18-2010, 01:25 PM
man i hope they don't invoke that rematch clause. p-will vs sergio II is the people's choice :laugh2:

2009mvp
04-18-2010, 11:04 PM
Pavlik's cutman did a ****ing embarrassing job last night. Never seen garbage like that, he was pressing towels onto the cuts as if that was gonna do something. Who knows if he even had solution on those towels, and even if he did there's no way he'd be able to get whatever he might have been using up into the cut and stop the bleeding with a damn towel. Just pathetic, the bell rang for the 10th and blood was still pouring from the right eye. Not to take away from Martinez's excellent performance or give Pavlik an out for what was for the most part a poor performance, but the fact that Sergio wasn't really hurting him all that badly before the blood started flowing and that Pavlik was coming on stronger in the middle rounds was setting up for a really good finish, it's a shame Pavlik's cutman prevented that.

Oh and Bute is awesome :) Sucks that he has to wait for the Super Six to end before he can get his hands on a legit opponent at his natural weightclass. He might find a more lucrative fight soon up at light heavy while he bides his time.

krazylegz
04-19-2010, 11:00 PM
bute was indeed impressive sat. night,while miranda proved to be very underwhelming AGAIN!!...

ULT WARRIOR408
04-21-2010, 10:56 PM
I finally saw this fight & like I thought Martinez had out pointed Pavlik.He did earn some respect from me that I didn't have for him before.He dropped him & he showed that he had heart but at the end Sergio was just too much.To bad he's never really developed a lefthand.Like that brotha Bravo95 said I hope theres no rematch b/c I would love to see P-Will/Martinez part 2 even though the Punisher has a bout with Cintron coming up.

Btw I would love to see a bout between Pavlik/Bute.I'm not a fan of either fighter but I think that this would be a good fight.I think Pavlik would win.

2009mvp
04-22-2010, 02:03 PM
^^Yeah Pavlik's probably better suited at 168 than he is at Middleweight at this point.