PDA

View Full Version : (2) Orlando vs. (7) Charlotte - Series (1-0)

JordansBulls
04-14-2010, 07:14 PM
( 2 ) Orlando Magic (58-23) vs. (7) Charlotte Bobcats (44-37)

Orlando Magic will have the Homecourt Advantage

Orlando Leads Series 1-0 Series Breakdown

REGULAR SEASON SERIES
Magic won series 3-1
Nov 10, 2009 Orlando 93, @ Charlotte 81
Nov 16, 2009 Charlotte 91,@ Orlando 97
Jan 23, 2010 Orlando 106, @ Charlotte 95
Mar 14, 2010 Charlotte 96, @ Orlando 89

Game 1 Charlotte 89 @ Orlando 98 (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore;_ylt=Atrn2tfRPPYoUZAvb9CQdmG8vLYF?gid=201 0041819)
Game 2 Charlotte @ Orlando
Game 3 Orlando @ Charlotte
Game 4 Orlando @ Charlotte
Game 5 Charlotte @ Orlando
Game 6 Orlando @ Charlotte
Game 7 Charlotte @ Orlando

http://i402.photobucket.com/albums/pp109/KHinrich12/Team%20Logos/Magic.png Projected Starting Lineup

http://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/nba/players/65/2439.jpghttp://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/nba/players/65/136.jpghttp://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/nba/players/65/1765.jpghttp://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/nba/players/65/469.jpghttp://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/nba/players/65/2384.jpg

PG - Jameer Nelson
SG - Vince Carter
SF - Matt Barnes
PF - Rashard Lewis
C - Dwight Howard

http://i402.photobucket.com/albums/pp109/KHinrich12/Team%20Logos/Bobcats.png Projected Starting Lineup

http://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/nba/players/65/2753.jpghttp://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/nba/players/65/378.jpghttp://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/nba/players/65/1026.jpghttp://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/nba/players/65/2167.jpghttp://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/nba/players/65/687.jpg

PG- Raymond Felton
SG- Stephen Jackson
SF- Gerald Wallace
PF- Boris Diaw
C- Theo Ratliff

Who will win this first round series?

LayZbone
04-14-2010, 07:19 PM
I think S-Jax and G-Wall will steal 2 games

IversonIsKrazy
04-14-2010, 07:24 PM
I was wondering when this was going to be *officially* made. I think the Bobcats will give the Magic a little scare like Philly did last year, one on the road and on at home.

Hey JB, r u going to be doing all the playoff series threads?

JordansBulls
04-14-2010, 07:26 PM

No, I'm not. I just wanted to get one of them started. I believe the other Mods or TM's will be doing them this time around.

I'd like a break this time around.

Raph12
04-14-2010, 07:30 PM
I got Magic in 5, Chalotte's a good home team and might pick one up at home, but the Magic have too much offense for the Cats and better defense, they'll take it.

bigsams50
04-14-2010, 07:32 PM
**** it, somebody's gotta have faith. Cats in 7

masalex1205
04-14-2010, 07:40 PM
I like the way we match up with Orlando. We've got 3 & 1/2 (diop) solid centers to throw at dwight and play solid D besides Diaw's lazy ***. Call me crazy but the guy Im worried about the most on the magic is Redick. His 3 ball could kill us.

nygiants242
04-14-2010, 07:41 PM
I think the Bobcats have a real shot at stunning the Magic.

*Superman*
04-14-2010, 07:43 PM
Magic in 5-6.

Who voted CHA in 4. Really?

masalex1205
04-14-2010, 07:47 PM
I got Magic in 5, Chalotte's a good home team and might pick one up at home, but the Magic have too much offense for the Cats and better defense, they'll take it.

ORlando's offense is without a doubt better than the Bobcats. However, not too sure that Orlando D is better than the Bobcats. The Bobcats have a slew of centers to throw at Dwight so if he gets in foul trouble, the magic look very very average defensively imo without him

I know stats don't aren't a great indicator for defense. but just fyi:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/stats/byteam?cat1=Total&cat2=opponent

http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/teamstats

masalex1205
04-14-2010, 07:50 PM
IMO:

Felton=Nelson
Jackson>Carter
Wallace>Barnes
Diaw's garbage french ***<Lewis
Chandler<Dwight

Bench play is going to determine the series but unfortunately Orlando's bench is incredibly deep.

Raph12
04-14-2010, 08:04 PM
IMO:

Felton=Nelson
Jackson>Carter
Wallace>Barnes
Diaw's garbage french ***<Lewis
Chandler<Dwight

Bench play is going to determine the series but unfortunately Orlando's bench is incredibly deep.

IMO:

Nelson>=Felton
Carter>=Jackson
Barnes<Wallace
Lewis>Diaw
Dwight>Chandler

Right now PSD has the Cats in voting 9-6 lol... I got Magic in 5, too deep, too talented.

Raph12
04-14-2010, 08:06 PM
ORlando's offense is without a doubt better than the Bobcats. However, not too sure that Orlando D is better than the Bobcats. The Bobcats have a slew of centers to throw at Dwight so if he gets in foul trouble, the magic look very very average defensively imo without him

I know stats don't aren't a great indicator for defense. but just fyi:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/stats/byteam?cat1=Total&cat2=opponent

http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/teamstats

Orlando leads the league in drb%, basket protection, oppFG% and dEFF... Now you remove Howard and the defense drops and the offense becomes complacent, but chances are, Chandler and Mohamad will be the ones in foul trouble... Like I said, I got Magic in 5.

bigsams50
04-14-2010, 08:07 PM
Orlando leads the league in drb%, basket protection, oppFG% and dEFF... Now you remove Howard and the defense drops and the offense becomes complacent, but chances are, Chandler and Mohamad will be the ones in foul trouble... Like I said, I got Magic in 5.

We still got Ratliff and Diop ;)

masalex1205
04-14-2010, 08:07 PM
IMO:

Nelson>=Felton
Carter>=Jackson
Barnes<Wallace
Lewis>Diaw
Dwight>Chandler

Right now PSD has the Cats in voting 9-6 lol... I got Magic in 5, too deep, too talented.

Nelson's got a better 3 ball than Felton but Felton improves every game.

The only one I really have a prob with is Vince Carter over Stephan Jackson? Capt Jax has been killing it lately

Wilson
04-14-2010, 08:16 PM

I think I'm doing all the Western Conference Series Threads this year.

This could be an exciting series. Charlotte are feisty and could steal a couple of games, but as long as Orlando are focused (and there's nothing to suggest they aren't) I don't see them losing this.

lakerssssssss
04-14-2010, 08:24 PM
Magic in 6

Raph12
04-14-2010, 09:14 PM
Nelson's got a better 3 ball than Felton but Felton improves every game.

The only one I really have a prob with is Vince Carter over Stephan Jackson? Capt Jax has been killing it lately

Carter started the season poorly, but has really come on in the last few months, his stats since January are much better than Capn Jax per 36 mins.

VC's stats since January:
17.8ppg-3.5rpg-3.5apg in 31.8mpg, on 48.6FG%-44.0THR%-82.5FT%

And he's already 6-7 from the floor and 4-5 from 3pt land in the first half of tonight's game... Now you tell me who's playing better.

bigsams50
04-14-2010, 09:19 PM
Carter started the season poorly, but has really come on in the last few months, his stats since January are much better than Capn Jax per 36 mins.

And he's already 6-7 from the floor and 4-5 from 3pt land in the first half of tonight's game... Now you tell me who's playing better.

So because he's playing better tonight he's better this year? Carter is good, but he sometimes gets lazy and settles for 3's. It depends on which VC shows up in the post season

RadiantShot
04-14-2010, 09:28 PM
Orlando Magic in 5 games.
Better in every aspect. Even defense.

rhaas74
04-14-2010, 09:40 PM
I think it will either be the Magic in 5 or 6. I went with 5 but could easily see it sent to 6.

Avenged
04-14-2010, 09:41 PM
I'd root for Charlotte, but Orlando is the only team I see eliminating the Cavs.

So, Magic in 5.

Raph12
04-14-2010, 09:55 PM
So because he's playing better tonight he's better this year? Carter is good, but he sometimes gets lazy and settles for 3's. It depends on which VC shows up in the post season

No since he's been playing better in the last 3 months, than Jax has ever in his career, that makes him better going into the playoffs. I agree that it will depend on which one shows up, but if you see the aggressive VC in the playoffs, watch out.

LTS
04-14-2010, 10:13 PM
I'd Love for bobcats to win but orlando but they will not sweep

wadecounty305
04-14-2010, 11:31 PM
lets go cats

sNaKeS
04-14-2010, 11:37 PM

You can't compare the damn sixers to the bobcats. The sixers are an absolutely horrible defensive team. And vince better not have a great statistical series because rashard and dwight should dominate this series.

cheerio
04-14-2010, 11:43 PM
Orlando 6

sNaKeS
04-14-2010, 11:47 PM
Oh yea and I see orlando winning in 5 games.

Sadds The Gr8
04-14-2010, 11:48 PM
Bobcats will scare them like Philly did last year, with their stifling defense, but Orlando's too deep. Magic in 6.

natelpete
04-15-2010, 12:02 AM
bobcats in 6

HoopsDrive
04-15-2010, 12:10 AM
Magic in 6.

SteveNash
04-15-2010, 01:21 AM
Skip is right, Bobcats will win the series. Though it shouldn't be considered an upset, Charlotte is just the superior team.

Raph12
04-15-2010, 01:25 AM
Skip is right, Bobcats will win the series. Though it shouldn't be considered an upset, Charlotte is just the superior team.

Blah blah blah... :bla:

Just get ready to change your sig after the 2nd round.

SouljahPhil...
04-15-2010, 01:35 AM
Magic in 6..

kblo247
04-15-2010, 03:33 AM
Magic in 5. I think it will be a case of happy to be there and deer in the headlights outside of game 3.

J-Relo
04-15-2010, 03:48 AM
it really depens on how Jack and Wallace play... they may get one or two games away from Magic

JayW_1023
04-15-2010, 04:47 AM
I think the Bobcats have the biggest chance for an upset...they are a really crafty veteran team and a Hall of fame coach. It'll be a great chess match between SVG and Larry Brown. In the end Orlando's depth will win it, but these gnarly bobkittens will hook their claws into this series and not let go. They are a tenacious bunch who make the game ugly, and Brown wouldn't want it any other way. And Stephen Jackson is always dangerous in the postseason.

Still, Orlando will win in an ugly, exhausting 7 games. Just too much depth and firepower. And Dwight will dominate defense. Offensively he will struggle as Browns defensive schemes will deny him easy looks.

todu82
04-15-2010, 09:12 AM
Orlando in 5

Fool
04-15-2010, 09:36 AM
Orlando in 5.

MagicDojo
04-15-2010, 11:06 AM
A little challenge for Orlando but I think Cats cannot beat Orlando in 7 games.

m26555
04-15-2010, 11:40 AM
Orlando in five. I'll give Charlotte a game.

yanks19791024
04-15-2010, 12:53 PM
Orlando in 5

magicdouglas
04-15-2010, 01:30 PM
I'd root for Charlotte, but Orlando is the only team I see eliminating the Cavs.

So, Magic in 5.

I like your thinkin budy!:clap:

magicdouglas
04-15-2010, 01:31 PM

Based on what? :facepalm:

bigsams50
04-15-2010, 01:35 PM
[/B]

Based on what? :facepalm:

Dont mind him, he is a huge Orlando hater

Raph12
04-15-2010, 01:36 PM
Dont mind him, he is a huge Orlando hater

Don't worry, after he loses the sig bet, he won't be allowed to comment on the Magic anymore and he'll be repping Dwight for as long as he stays on this site lol.

magicdouglas
04-15-2010, 01:53 PM
Don't worry, after he loses the sig bet, he won't be allowed to comment on the Magic anymore and he'll be repping Dwight for as long as he stays on this site lol.

make big and obnoxious! maybe have it flash or you could make it sing "We are the Champions" lol

MYBULLS
04-15-2010, 01:59 PM
CHA all the way!! I want an upset in this series. I think this will be like the Bos/Atl 7 game series. CHA will be great at home.

d-baller23
04-15-2010, 02:52 PM
Orlando Magic in 5, we're taking this all the way to the Finals

alencp3
04-15-2010, 02:57 PM
Cats in 6

SteveNash
04-15-2010, 03:15 PM
Blah blah blah... :bla:

Just get ready to change your sig after the 2nd round.

If Orlando makes it to the second round, it will be because they lucked out on the match-ups, not the fact that they were a championship contender. And if they make it to the ECF (and that's a huge if!) they'll be completely dominated by Cleveland.

make big and obnoxious! maybe have it flash or you could make it sing "We are the Champions" lol

Champions of what? Southeast Division?

td0tsfinest
04-15-2010, 03:18 PM
I think out of all the matchups in the east, this could end up being nan upset. Both teams are great defensive teams. Pietrus, Carter and Barnes are going to have some trouble holding to Sjax and Crash but Dwight Howard is going to have a field on the Cats big men.

Magic in 6.

Raph12
04-15-2010, 03:23 PM
If Orlando makes it to the second round, it will be because they lucked out on the match-ups, not the fact that they were a championship contender. And if they make it to the ECF (and that's a huge if!) they'll be completely dominated by Cleveland.

I don't care how they do anything, when they make the ECFs, you'll change your sig and shut your mouth about anything Magic-related... And you'll like it.

Wcuracer29
04-15-2010, 03:24 PM

Champions of what? Southeast Division?

first of all- if you don't have luck- you won't win.

second- how do they "Luck out" on matchups? the Cats know exactly who the Magic have on their team and can prepare to face them, it's not like the magic are going to pull a mystery player out of the locker room- you don't "luck out" on match-ups: you simply overpower people.

Wcuracer29
04-15-2010, 03:27 PM
I don't care how they do anything, when they make the ECFs, you'll change your sig and shut your mouth about anything Magic-related... And you'll like it.

Ralph12 layeth the smacketh down

SteveNash
04-15-2010, 03:39 PM

Doesn't matter if I stop talking or not. The Magic's play will be proof that they're not a good team. People need to realize that I'm not a hater, just a speaker of truth, the Magic aren't a legit championship contender and will never win a championship around their current core, a dumb coach in SVG, a cheater in Rashard, and a low basketball IQ PF playing Center whose overrated and gets killed by any decent center (like 38 year old Shaquille O'neal) making a mockery of his position and defensive awards in the process. Throw in Wince and an injury prone midget and you see why the Magic aren't legit.

SteveNash
04-15-2010, 03:44 PM
first of all- if you don't have luck- you won't win.

second- how do they "Luck out" on matchups? the Cats know exactly who the Magic have on their team and can prepare to face them, it's not like the magic are going to pull a mystery player out of the locker room- you don't "luck out" on match-ups: you simply overpower people.

Magic lucked out against the Cavs last year, then they stupidly decided to go after Wince when Hedo was a match-up problem for LeBron. You're right that great teams should be able to overpower teams, the problem is that the Magic aren't a great team. When making the bet with Ralph, I figured it was around 75% in my favor as I knew they couldn't get past Cleveland, Boston, or Miami while Atlanta should be a much easier match up for them. Since they lucked out and won't have to face any of those teams until the ECFs their odds of making it to the ECF has risen, though I'd still put it at around 50/50.

Wcuracer29
04-15-2010, 03:52 PM
Magic lucked out against the Cavs last year, then they stupidly decided to go after Wince when Hedo was a match-up problem for LeBron. You're right that great teams should be able to overpower teams, the problem is that the Magic aren't a great team. When making the bet with Ralph, I figured it was around 75% in my favor as I knew they couldn't get past Cleveland, Boston, or Miami while Atlanta should be a much easier match up for them. Since they lucked out and won't have to face any of those teams until the ECFs their odds of making it to the ECF has risen, though I'd still put it at around 50/50.

ya because Hedo has really worked out swell for Toronto.

How can you say the Magic aren't a great team when they just finished with the 2nd best record in the entire NBA? Only Cleveland had a better record, and the Magic played well against them in the regular season, and i'm not even counting the last game the other day when LeBron and Shaq didn't play.

You're just a ******, maybe the Magic won't make the ECF, but they're still a great team- you're just a good ol fashion hater.

Double_R
04-15-2010, 03:53 PM
Doesn't matter if I stop talking or not. The Magic's play will be proof that they're not a good team. People need to realize that I'm not a hater, just a speaker of truth, the Magic aren't a legit championship contender and will never win a championship around their current core, a dumb coach in SVG, a cheater in Rashard, and a low basketball IQ PF playing Center whose overrated and gets killed by any decent center (like 38 year old Shaquille O'neal) making a mockery of his position and defensive awards in the process. Throw in Wince and an injury prone midget and you see why the Magic aren't legit.

Steve Nash,

Now that you have filled the thread with second hand embarrassment for you, let me break down some simple statistics for you, since I'm not sure your brain can handle any complex ones, so here it is.
Let's get this out of the way and we will move on to some easy read stats for you. Pietrus and Barnes are above average defenders and SF is the only position that Charlotte has an advantage over the Magic with Wallace and SJax; which in turn makes me think that it's going 5, maybe 6 if a miracle happens like Lebron's game 2 shot last year.

Charlotte is good defensively, but a big reason why Charlotte has the number one points allowed defense is because they play at such a slow pace. Orlando plays at a way faster pace, but is still 4th in pts allowed and 1st in opp. fg%.

Here's 2 team stats that are widely used in determining point spreads and over/under bets. I use these because point makers only use logic and statistics in determining which team will win and why. So I am going to break down these in the simplest of fashions and you can interpret these however you like, so here they are

Charlotte scores only 95.3 a game and allows 93.8 for a +1.5 differential and they shoot .453 fg% and allow .448 opp fg%, only a +.005 differential

Orlando scores 102.8 a game and allows 95.3 for a league leading 7.5 differential, while shooting .470 fg% and allowing a league low of .438 opp fg%, a .032 differential...

Also, lets factor in that Orlando plays in way more nationally televised games and being one of the best teams and reigning Eastern Conference Champs, they always have a bullseye on them. The Bobcats are on the opposite end of the spectrum.

SteveNash
04-15-2010, 04:30 PM
ya because Hedo has really worked out swell for Toronto.

How can you say the Magic aren't a great team when they just finished with the 2nd best record in the entire NBA? Only Cleveland had a better record, and the Magic played well against them in the regular season, and i'm not even counting the last game the other day when LeBron and Shaq didn't play.

You're just a ******, maybe the Magic won't make the ECF, but they're still a great team- you're just a good ol fashion hater.

Hedo means more with the Magic than he does to Toronto.

Magic aren't a great team because they virtually no shot at winning a championship.

It's not good to use the r word.

Steve Nash,

Now that you have filled the thread with second hand embarrassment for you, let me break down some simple statistics for you, since I'm not sure your brain can handle any complex ones, so here it is.
Let's get this out of the way and we will move on to some easy read stats for you. Pietrus and Barnes are above average defenders and SF is the only position that Charlotte has an advantage over the Magic with Wallace and SJax; which in turn makes me think that it's going 5, maybe 6 if a miracle happens like Lebron's game 2 shot last year.

Charlotte is good defensively, but a big reason why Charlotte has the number one points allowed defense is because they play at such a slow pace. Orlando plays at a way faster pace, but is still 4th in pts allowed and 1st in opp. fg%.

Here's 2 team stats that are widely used in determining point spreads and over/under bets. I use these because point makers only use logic and statistics in determining which team will win and why. So I am going to break down these in the simplest of fashions and you can interpret these however you like, so here they are

Charlotte scores only 95.3 a game and allows 93.8 for a +1.5 differential and they shoot .453 fg% and allow .448 opp fg%, only a +.005 differential

Orlando scores 102.8 a game and allows 95.3 for a league leading 7.5 differential, while shooting .470 fg% and allowing a league low of .438 opp fg%, a .032 differential...

Also, lets factor in that Orlando plays in way more nationally televised games and being one of the best teams and reigning Eastern Conference Champs, they always have a bullseye on them. The Bobcats are on the opposite end of the spectrum.

First, let's be clear, I never brought up team defense into the conversation, it's you who wants to do that.

Now, those kind of stats said the Suns were an average to above average defensively when Nash first joined and we all know that isn't true. They also said that Dallas at one time was an elite defensive team under Avery Johnson. These are things we know to be inherently wrong. Instead of manipulating statistics to try and prove that one team is better defensively than the other, let us get down to the meat and the potatoes and actually compare their differences.

PG-A battle of midgets, Felton comes out on top as he is the superior defender and better player overall. Jameer really tries to take over too often when his team is in trouble and really isn't that skilled so he ends up hurting them in the long round. Off the bench you have and aging Williams whose been declining as the season has gone on vs Augustin whose ramped up his play in recent weeks. Charlotte clear winners.

SG-Huge win for Charlotte hear. Wince is known to choke and he acts like he's scared of "thugs" like Jackson. Jax should be able to have his way with Carter and do anything he likes. JJ Redick lol. Charlotte clear winners.

SF-Crash vs Barnes/Pietrus landslide victory for the Bobcats here, Crash is the far superior player to both combined. The only question is who'll they be matched up against...

PF-Which leads us to the only true weakness for the Bobcats. Lewis will be key, but since he's played like *** this year, probably stopped taking steroids, and be very inconsistent, he shouldn't be too much of a problem. Diaw will struggle to guard him or anyone else for that matter (except Redick). Crash/Jax could team up on him after the sucked out Carters will to live. They should not have much of a problem with Anderson and they can easily stop Bass. Win for Orlando.

C-Depends on how many post up opportunities Dwight gets. I'm predicting SVG will give him a lot not wanting a repeat of last year and he'll play right into Charlotte's hands. Ratliff and Chandler have a greater defensive impact than Chandler and Nazr is a better scorer. The real issue is Gortat, but SVG probably won't use him very much.

Coaching-HoFer vs Master of Panic 'nough said.

And that's why Charlotte is better than Orlando.

*Superman*
04-15-2010, 05:21 PM
SteveNash you are a disgrace to the real Steve Nash.

SteveNash
04-15-2010, 05:47 PM
SteveNash you are a disgrace to the real Steve Nash.

Your username should be Superman32/33/34. Why do you and Howard have to disrespect the Shaq like that. Especially after this:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XEU9k8VFBo

Raph12
04-15-2010, 06:05 PM
Don't waste your time with him Supe, he's not worth it... Just wait for him to lose the bet, then he'll have to post (nothing negative about the Magic) with his tail between his legs.

Ryan328
04-15-2010, 06:08 PM
Magic in 5

Wcuracer29
04-15-2010, 06:29 PM
great teams are those who play well the entire year- both offensively and defensively and through another post- the Magic's defensive capabilities were explained (whether or not you understood them is completely different)

I still don't understand how you say the Magic have NO shot at winning a championship- they made the playoffs, as we stand right now, there are 16 teams who are capable of winning a championship- by you saying the Magic have no shot at winning the championship, you then obviously believe the Magic didn't make the playoffs, which simply makes you look even more like an idiot.

SteveNash
04-15-2010, 07:02 PM
great teams are those who play well the entire year- both offensively and defensively and through another post- the Magic's defensive capabilities were explained (whether or not you understood them is completely different)

I still don't understand how you say the Magic have NO shot at winning a championship- they made the playoffs, as we stand right now, there are 16 teams who are capable of winning a championship- by you saying the Magic have no shot at winning the championship, you then obviously believe the Magic didn't make the playoffs, which simply makes you look even more like an idiot.

I said virtually no shot. They have a shot, but it's so minute that it's not even worth acknowledging.

D Roses Bulls
04-15-2010, 07:15 PM
I said virtually no shot. They have a shot, but it's so minute that it's not even worth acknowledging.

why do you always hate on the magic? i never understood it. anyways they have a big shot at winning the ship this year. first of all, they have the best center in the NBA and they have the deepest team in the NBA. If they went through a whole season playing together instead of some messed up injuries i guarantee you that they would have the best record in the NBA. Did you not see how they started when they were all playing together before the injuries? have you not seen how they have finished the season? best record in the NBA since the all star break. as one scout said and i posted it earlier in the season "The Magic look bored at times, but when they wanna play, I dont know if anyone can beat them". I dont have time to go back and try and find the thread i started where i used that quote, but dont say they have a little shot, you obviously do not watch the magic play. they are better then last years team.

Kakaroach
04-15-2010, 07:37 PM
This is going to be a very interesting series. If the Bobcats can get another guy who can get 20 PPG in this series and S-Jax does his thing I think they got a shot as long as their 3 centers use their fouls wisely on Howard.

Even then, I still got the Magic in 6 or 7 games.

magicdouglas
04-15-2010, 07:44 PM
Ralph12 layeth the smacketh down

:cheers::dance:

Wcuracer29
04-15-2010, 07:55 PM

:facepalm: I give up, this guy has absolutley no clue.

the Magic have as much of a shot as any other team at winning the championship- even Cleveland and LA. Everyone has a 0-0 record now- everyone's equal in the record books therefore everyone has that same "MINUTE" chance you say isn't worth mentioning.

So everyone here this: according to SteveNash, everyone has such a MINUTE chance of winning the championship that it's not worth mentioning. :clap:

Nash- lemme ask you just why you are such a hater against Orlando? are you that big of a Cavs fan and are just pissed because you were outplayed last year? please enlighten us as to your reasoning for being so Anti-Orlando? beacuse all i can tell is that you are simply jealous of the Magic because they beat Cleveland last year and you are trying to throw any kind of BS reason out there as to why the Magic stink in your mind- none of which have any kind of weight behind them.

SteveNash
04-15-2010, 08:02 PM
why do you always hate on the magic? i never understood it. anyways they have a big shot at winning the ship this year. first of all, they have the best center in the NBA and they have the deepest team in the NBA. If they went through a whole season playing together instead of some messed up injuries i guarantee you that they would have the best record in the NBA. Did you not see how they started when they were all playing together before the injuries? have you not seen how they have finished the season? best record in the NBA since the all star break. as one scout said and i posted it earlier in the season "The Magic look bored at times, but when they wanna play, I dont know if anyone can beat them". I dont have time to go back and try and find the thread i started where i used that quote, but dont say they have a little shot, you obviously do not watch the magic play. they are better then last years team.

The Bulls and Suns have virtually no shot of winning a championship this year, am I hating on them or just being realistic?

Magic lack leadership, ability to generate easy baskets against good defense, composure, intelligence, and a good coach. That is why they won't win a championship with this core.

magicdouglas
04-15-2010, 08:06 PM
:facepalm: I give up, this guy has absolutley no clue.

the Magic have as much of a shot as any other team at winning the championship- even Cleveland and LA. Everyone has a 0-0 record now- everyone's equal in the record books therefore everyone has that same "MINUTE" chance you say isn't worth mentioning.

So everyone here this: according to SteveNash, everyone has such a MINUTE chance of winning the championship that it's not worth mentioning. :clap:

Nash- lemme ask you just why you are such a hater against Orlando? are you that big of a Cavs fan and are just pissed because you were outplayed last year? please enlighten us as to your reasoning for being so Anti-Orlando? beacuse all i can tell is that you are simply jealous of the Magic because they beat Cleveland last year and you are trying to throw any kind of BS reason out there as to why the Magic stink in your mind- none of which have any kind of weight behind them.

Q1-because he's a drama queen and i mean queen!
Q2-pissed
Q3-none-jealous

SteveNash
04-15-2010, 08:07 PM

Great so you have no idea how odds work, teams don't advance based on a coin flip.

In your deranged world I have a 50-50 chance of winning the lottery.

magicdouglas
04-15-2010, 08:09 PM
The Bulls and Suns have virtually no shot of winning a championship this year, am I hating on them or just being realistic?

Magic lack leadership, ability to generate easy baskets against good defense, composure, intelligence, and a good coach. That is why they won't win a championship with this core.

dude do you even watch basketball? (wnba does not count)

Wcuracer29
04-15-2010, 08:10 PM
[/COLOR]

Q1-because he's a drama queen and i mean queen!
Q2-pissed
Q3-none-jealous

:sad2: it's a shame people are just jealous and can't get over something that didn't even happen to them- just an NBA team :pity:

magicdouglas
04-15-2010, 08:13 PM
Great so you have no idea how odds work, teams don't advance based on a coin flip.

you're a waste of time. Magic to the finals and you lose your stupid sig and replace it w/ a real one! Have you checked your pad lately? i think you're leakin.

Wcuracer29
04-15-2010, 08:17 PM

Ya i know how odds work- the odds were for Kentucky and Kansas to be one of the NCAA championship winners this year- but we all know how that worked out.

when playing the lottery, you have as much a chance as anyone else who bought a ticket(s)- hence each team has as much a chance to win as the other 15 teams who made the playoffs, they're starting with the same hand as everyone else, a 0-0 record.

I'm not oblivious (big word for you i know) to knowing which teams have better records compared to others, but any team can fall apart, someone get injured or just simply beaten man to man.

I'm not saying by any means the Magic are a LOCK to win any championship, because they're not, just like every other team. I'm stating that the Magic are a great team, playing very good basketball as a TEAM right now- everyone is contributing on both ends of the floor. The Magic don't have that 40-point scorer every night, but when you have 8-9 guys scoring double digits and defending the ball: it's hard to beat them.

It doesn't matter if you win by 50 or 5, a win is a win and i don't care how we do it, or how ugly it is, as long as we get the 'W'

I will be 100% rooting for them to win it though and i will not be a hater on any team who does beat them (*cough* SteveNash *cough*)

Wcuracer29
04-15-2010, 08:19 PM
you're a waste of time. Magic to the finals and you lose your stupid sig and replace it w/ a real one! Have you checked your pad lately? i think you're leakin.

You're making it too hard on Ralph12, all the magic have to do is make the ECFs for Nash to lose- Nash is more of a ritard (Hangover reference) than you think.

magicdouglas
04-15-2010, 08:38 PM
You're making it too hard on Ralph12, all the magic have to do is make the ECFs for Nash to lose- Nash is more of a ritard (Hangover reference) than you think.

it's raph-not ralph get that one right!

I think "steve nash" real name is richard or DICK for short lol real short

SteveNash
04-15-2010, 08:52 PM
:sad2: it's a shame people are just jealous and can't get over something that didn't even happen to them- just an NBA team :pity:

Jealous of what? The Magic not winning a championship last year?

Ya i know how odds work- the odds were for Kentucky and Kansas to be one of the NCAA championship winners this year- but we all know how that worked out.

I make Greg Oden look small.

king4day
04-15-2010, 09:17 PM

With respect, the Magic's "lack of leadership" nearly won them a championship last year.

magicdouglas
04-15-2010, 09:36 PM
Jealous of what? The Magic not winning a championship last year?

I make Greg Oden look small.

wellfare checks do not count:speechless:

*Superman*
04-15-2010, 09:38 PM
My fellow Magic fans. Let the guy talk his smack. We can rub it in his face after the series.

*Superman*
04-15-2010, 09:45 PM
Your username should be Superman32/33/34. Why do you and Howard have to disrespect the Shaq like that. Especially after this:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XEU9k8VFBo

Nice you brought out the Youtube links. Wait till the Magic Vs the Cavs.

magicdouglas
04-15-2010, 09:46 PM
My fellow Magic fans. Let the guy talk his smack. We can rub it in his face after the series.

OK, I'll leave this clown alone ( and i mean alone, lol ) he will disappear, sad to see such a waste of a human mind...... or not! :yawn:

Jays Claw
04-15-2010, 10:03 PM
Should be fun.

Wcuracer29
04-15-2010, 11:31 PM

:bang:my bad, sorry Raph

Raph12
04-15-2010, 11:36 PM
:bang:my bad, sorry Raph

Don't worry about it, honest mistake.

fadedmario
04-15-2010, 11:41 PM
Congrats to the Bobcats on making the playoffs - Orlando will win the series in 7 games.

SteveNash
04-16-2010, 12:24 AM
With respect, the Magic's "lack of leadership" nearly won them a championship last year.

Did you not watch the Finals?

That's like saying Allen Iverson nearly led the Sixers to a championship....

Nice you brought out the Youtube links. Wait till the Magic Vs the Cavs.

It's pretty much a fact, if the Magic somehow make it to the ECF, Shaq will outplay Howard when they go up against each other.

Sadds The Gr8
04-16-2010, 12:38 AM

LOL Roidshard Lewis!

Wcuracer29
04-16-2010, 08:44 AM
Did you not watch the Finals?

That's like saying Allen Iverson nearly led the Sixers to a championship....

no it's not actually. it's saying the Magic made it to the finals, which means they were closer than any other Eastern Conference Team at winning a championship last year

It's pretty much a fact, if the Magic somehow make it to the ECF, Shaq will outplay Howard when they go up against each other.

How is it a fact? if you can see the future, then maybe your odds at winning the lottery are better than 50-50, you should buy a ticket.

Do yourself a favor and don't say idiotic stuff like "it's pretty much a fact" because nothing is "pretty much a fact," you're just digging yourself into a deeper hole. You're already fighting a losing battle, only sinking deeper with comments like that

MagicDojo
04-16-2010, 08:47 AM
no it's not actually. it's saying the Magic made it to the finals, which means they were closer than any other Eastern Conference Team at winning a championship last year

How is it a fact? if you can see the future, then maybe your odds at winning the lottery are better than 50-50, you should buy a ticket.

Do yourself a favor and don't say idiotic stuff like "it's pretty much a fact" because nothing is "pretty much a fact," you're just digging yourself into a deeper hole. You're already fighting a losing battle, only sinking deeper with comments like that

Dont let Steve Nash suck you in man. He is always a Baiter. Hes a master baiter.:D

Kleonidas
04-16-2010, 08:55 AM
Is S.Nash a hatin Cavs fan? Sounds like it imho.

Kleonidas
04-16-2010, 09:01 AM
One thing that needs to be said is that Charlotte sucks on the road. I don't see how they can win one in Orlando.

Wcuracer29
04-16-2010, 09:31 AM
Is S.Nash a hatin Cavs fan? Sounds like it imho.

:clap:you win!

Wcuracer29
04-16-2010, 09:31 AM
Dont let Steve Nash suck you in man. He is always a Baiter. Hes a master baiter.:D

that he is Dojo, but he's not sucking anybody on this end- he simply provides me with a nice laugh every time he/she posts something new. great 10 second entertainment.

masalex1205
04-16-2010, 09:37 AM

Come on dude, if we're going to have some legit debates throughout this series then you're going to have to concede the obvious. This is Vince Carter NOW, not Vince 5 years ago.

And don't cite as an example of how Vince is doing better by pointing to how he's playing in a single game against the 76ers.

magicdouglas
04-16-2010, 09:55 AM

practice makes perfect

Raph12
04-16-2010, 12:31 PM
Come on dude, if we're going to have some legit debates throughout this series then you're going to have to concede the obvious. This is Vince Carter NOW, not Vince 5 years ago.

And don't cite as an example of how Vince is doing better by pointing to how he's playing in a single game against the 76ers.

Jahari Kavi
04-16-2010, 01:52 PM
I say Magic in 6

IndiansFan337
04-16-2010, 02:29 PM
Magic sweep.

Jenceman
04-16-2010, 03:15 PM
Los Bobcats in 7.

TyHill
04-16-2010, 03:41 PM
One thing that needs to be said is that Charlotte sucks on the road. I don't see how they can win one in Orlando.

3/14 : Bobcats 96 @ Magic 89 .. Just Sayin..

Looking forward to a good series.

TyHill
04-16-2010, 03:54 PM

Jax stats since January...
21.6ppg ,5.1rpg, 3.6 apg in 38mpg with a nagging injury
and if you wanna get down to Jax stats with Carters mpg its..
18.1ppg, 4.3rpg, 2.9apg

So are we arguing stats or ???
Jax has the slight advantage over Carter offensively and Jax has a big advantage defensively.

Joshtd1
04-16-2010, 03:58 PM
I actually think the Bobcats could make this a series. If there is an upset in the East, I just see this being it.

Bobcats have bigs to throw at and foul Dwight. They have two great defenders in Jax/Wallace. Diaw is mobile enough to stay with Lewis, and can actually make Lewis work on defense too. They also have Tyrus Thomas to throw at Lewis as well.

Felton is a pretty underrated defensive PG, and has the quickness to stay with Nelson.

Magic have a better bench, which will help.

IMO I think this will be a 6 game series at least.

SteveNash
04-16-2010, 04:15 PM

So close, and yet so far.

[QUOTE]How is it a fact? if you can see the future, then maybe your odds at winning the lottery are better than 50-50, you should buy a ticket.

Shaq is the better center and has outplayed Howard every time they've matched up head to head. It's like expecting the sun to rise in the West.

Yes, the only way Orlando can win. Charlotte being younger and not having the experience to win on the road is their biggest weakness against the Magic.

*Superman*
04-16-2010, 05:33 PM
It's all in the sig!

Good **** RadiantShot aka NAS!

*Superman*
04-16-2010, 05:35 PM
All Magic fans rep this. And the Avatar!

AirCanada15ORL
04-16-2010, 05:36 PM
Everyone loves an upset. But I the Magic winning in 6 or 7. Cats are pretty dam good and better then a 7 seed.

RadiantShot
04-16-2010, 05:39 PM
Let's get it!

d-baller23
04-16-2010, 06:32 PM
We takin over the series 4-1, Magic Win. Dwight will be a beast, VC will be Vinsanity, Nelson has returned to All-Star form and stayed there, Matt Barnes with the Heart and the Hustle, and ICE-O shooting threes all day. This will be a fun series.

JordansBulls
04-16-2010, 07:37 PM
I actually think the Bobcats could make this a series. If there is an upset in the East, I just see this being it.

Bobcats have bigs to throw at and foul Dwight. They have two great defenders in Jax/Wallace. Diaw is mobile enough to stay with Lewis, and can actually make Lewis work on defense too. They also have Tyrus Thomas to throw at Lewis as well.

Felton is a pretty underrated defensive PG, and has the quickness to stay with Nelson.

Magic have a better bench, which will help.

IMO I think this will be a 6 game series at least.

Bobcats will do as good as Philly did last year.

RadiantShot
04-16-2010, 08:54 PM
^
That.

D Roses Bulls
04-16-2010, 09:03 PM
i cant believe some of you outside of the magic fans really underrate this team. you guys need to stop watching the cavs and lakers and start watching more magic basketball

RadiantShot
04-16-2010, 09:12 PM
^
<3

bigmac8675
04-16-2010, 09:32 PM
Ends up being a really really good series... but Orlando wins it in 7.

magicdouglas
04-16-2010, 10:11 PM
We takin over the series 4-1, Magic Win. Dwight will be a beast, VC will be Vinsanity, Nelson has returned to All-Star form and stayed there, Matt Barnes with the Heart and the Hustle, and ICE-O shooting threes all day. This will be a fun series.

and the bench, gotta love our bench we got jj who is really becoming more than just a shooter, ryan is way more than a throw-in and makes good offense rebounds, mike (needs a hair cut) has been solid since the AS, polish hammer the best back up center in the NBA (would start on any other team), jwill solid, bass gives his all even with his limited role. stan has such a luxury with the bench, makes other coach's drool. hell even our assistant coach is a HOFer! we are deeeeeeeep my friends! sunday can't get here soon enough!:cheer:

AirCanada15ORL
04-16-2010, 10:18 PM
Well depth isnt as important in playoffs. But it will be if Dwight gets in foul trouble, Nelson becomes turnover prone, VC is 33 so JJ will need to give him some rest, Lewis might get too soft (insert Bass/Anderson), and Barnes/PIetrus alternate minutes anyways.
Our depth is important, but it's not that big a deal that we are a 12 deep come playoffs.

Cats make me nervous, they are underated. But so are the Magic. Only **** thing I guess Cheryl Miller is announcing this series, same with the Raptors announcer....F my life

Also SJax loves upsetting teams..Cats are the 5th, maybe 4th, best team in the East imo.

masalex1205
04-16-2010, 10:23 PM
Well depth isnt as important in playoffs. But it will be if Dwight gets in foul trouble, Nelson becomes turnover prone, VC is 33 so JJ will need to give him some rest, Lewis might get too soft (insert Bass/Anderson), and Barnes/PIetrus alternate minutes anyways.
Our depth is important, but it's not that big a deal that we are a 12 deep come playoffs.

Cats make me nervous, they are underated. But so are the Magic. Only **** thing I guess Cheryl Miller is announcing this series, same with the Raptors announcer....F my life

Also SJax loves upsetting teams..Cats are the 5th, maybe 4th, best team in the East imo.

Going to be a good series. I agree that depth is a little overrated but you have to have big man depth to win (and the Magic does).

Kleonidas
04-17-2010, 08:09 AM
For those talking about the March 14th loss to the Bobcats. The Magic were playing a back to back ,and the Bobcats came in well rested. The Magic had won their last eight games. After the loss to the Cats the Magic would lose to Atlanta on a buzzer beater ,and to San Antonio the night after beating Dallas. During the same span the Cats droped a totel of nine games.

How about we look at Charlotte on Jan. 23rd. The Orlando 106-95 win vs the Cats. Dwight Howard had ten points, seven blocks ,and twenty boards. Nelson and Carter both had 21 points.

Wallace was 2-11 for 9
Felton was 6-15 for 14
Jackson was 6-18 for 15
Diaw was 2-9 1-6 from three for 7

Just Sayin...

C-TownPhantom
04-17-2010, 09:53 AM

:cry::(:confused::facepalm: I hate her man and the Raptors announcers are horrible....

thedfactor
04-17-2010, 10:22 AM
Toughest of the low seeds out east. Yes, Miami and Wade are always a threat, but I wouldn't really consider Miami over Boston too much of an upset. Boston is on its last leg and Miami is ballin at the right time.

Therefore, a dangerous home team in the Bobcats will look to steal HCA in this series to make it interesting and if they do the Magic should be a little worried.

I like Charlotte in 6.

RadiantShot
04-17-2010, 12:07 PM
Toughest of the low seeds out east. Yes, Miami and Wade are always a threat, but I wouldn't really consider Miami over Boston too much of an upset. Boston is on its last leg and Miami is ballin at the right time.

Therefore, a dangerous home team in the Bobcats will look to steal HCA in this series to make it interesting and if they do the Magic should be a little worried.

I like Charlotte in 6.

The Orlando Magic are more dangerous at home than the Charlotte Bobcats.
Orlando's lost 9 times on their HC this year. Charlotte's lost 10 times on theirs.

magicdouglas
04-17-2010, 01:09 PM

I guess my point is when Stan does need to go to the bench for any reason he has the BEST bench to go to. other teams not so much. the magic bench can keep the momentum going or even gain momentum.

Raph12
04-17-2010, 02:23 PM
The Orlando Magic are more dangerous at home than the Charlotte Bobcats.
Orlando's lost 9 times on their HC this year. Charlotte's lost 10 times on theirs.

The Magic lost 7 times at home, not 9, and are also one of the best road teams in the league... If you remove that 2 of 9 stretch in January, the Magic would have a 57-16 record, nuff said.

*Superman*
04-17-2010, 02:24 PM
Rawr!

RadiantShot
04-17-2010, 02:50 PM
The Magic lost 7 times at home, not 9, and are also one of the best road teams in the league... If you remove that 2 of 9 stretch in January, the Magic would have a 57-16 record, nuff said.

:o
was reading the site wrong fail.

Raph12
04-17-2010, 02:54 PM
:o
was reading the site wrong fail.

Np, just pointing it out so no one mistakingly says "well 9 losses is pretty bad" or something stupid like that.

RadiantShot
04-17-2010, 03:12 PM
^
Haha.

magicdouglas
04-17-2010, 11:54 PM

I gotta disagree here, so you're sayn we could win out with 7? the bench makes no difference. Stan rotates more than any other coach b/c of match-ups, he can go big he can go small, what ever it takes! IMO our bench is a huge deal because they ARE that good!!!! Stan has the luxury of 12 great players not 5 (or 2 like CLE) just MO;):clap:

SteveNash
04-18-2010, 01:38 AM
For those talking about the March 14th loss to the Bobcats. The Magic were playing a back to back ,and the Bobcats came in well rested. The Magic had won their last eight games. After the loss to the Cats the Magic would lose to Atlanta on a buzzer beater ,and to San Antonio the night after beating Dallas. During the same span the Cats droped a totel of nine games.

How about we look at Charlotte on Jan. 23rd. The Orlando 106-95 win vs the Cats. Dwight Howard had ten points, seven blocks ,and twenty boards. Nelson and Carter both had 21 points.

Wallace was 2-11 for 9
Felton was 6-15 for 14
Jackson was 6-18 for 15
Diaw was 2-9 1-6 from three for 7

Just Sayin...

I get it. So when the Magic lose on a back to back we should just forget about it. When the Bobcats lose on a back to back it's something meaningful? And that game went to overtime, Bobcats ran out of energy.

RadiantShot
04-18-2010, 01:41 AM
I get it. So when the Magic lose on a back to back we should just forget about it. When the Bobcats lose on a back to back it's something meaningful? And that game went to overtime, Bobcats ran out of energy.

Yeah. They did run out of Energy. That says something.

SteveNash
04-18-2010, 01:59 AM
Yeah. They did run out of Energy. That says something.

It says that a worn down Bobcat team can play Orlando even after 48 minutes. Imagine the hurt they would have put on Orlando when fresh.

JordansBulls
04-18-2010, 09:04 AM
I would like the Bobcats to win at least 2 games here.

king4day
04-18-2010, 05:48 PM
Bobcats not like the other lesser teams and are actually staying with the Magic.

king4day
04-18-2010, 05:50 PM
Nazr sucks. Gotta get him out. He's killing the Cats on offense and D.

heathonater
04-18-2010, 05:50 PM
jameer nelson sure came out of the gates fast today.

bigsams50
04-18-2010, 05:51 PM
Magic have come out the gates firing.

Jays Claw
04-18-2010, 05:52 PM
Jameer Nelson has come to play! :clap:

king4day
04-18-2010, 05:53 PM
Am I right to guess that Chandler is inactive for this game?
If so, what a waste that's become.

king4day
04-18-2010, 05:57 PM
Bobcats not like the other lesser teams and are actually staying with the Magic.

Looks like I spoke too soon. Cats look awful.

bigsams50
04-18-2010, 05:57 PM
Well that was a late call

king4day
04-18-2010, 05:58 PM
Cats are really foul happy this game.

bigsams50
04-18-2010, 06:07 PM
How did they not call a foul there on Howard? He mauled Felton

DerekRE_3
04-18-2010, 06:09 PM
Nazr sucks. Gotta get him out. He's killing the Cats on offense and D.

Yep, I've been yelling Tyson Chandler's name for the last 5 minutes or so. He can switch on screens and not be late on every single rotation like Nazr has been.

king4day
04-18-2010, 06:13 PM
Lol, yea that wasn't a goaltend??
Replay even confirmed it.

king4day
04-18-2010, 06:13 PM
Yep, I've been yelling Tyson Chandler's name for the last 5 minutes or so. He can switch on screens and not be late on every single rotation like Nazr has been.

I was shocked that Chandler was playing. How did he not come right in after Ratliff was in foul trouble?

king4day
04-18-2010, 06:16 PM
Jackson is overplaying on D.
He has to stop trying so hard.

MagicBucsSox
04-18-2010, 06:17 PM
all the bobcats are trying to do is frustrate dwight by grabbing his arms n such

anyone know the playoff record for blocks in a game lmao?

DerekRE_3
04-18-2010, 06:18 PM
I was shocked that Chandler was playing. How did he not come right in after Ratliff was in foul trouble?

Yeah I don't know why. Maybe they want to save him for later and make sure he doesn't get into foul trouble right away. Tyson's the guy I want in in the 4th quarter. Brown has been trying to work Nazr back into the lineup after he missed so many games with a bad back but he's just not ready.

king4day
04-18-2010, 06:20 PM
The crowd is much loudeer in this one than the LA one. Maybe it'ss the stations broadcast.

bigsams50
04-18-2010, 06:22 PM
Good run here lets keep it up!

king4day
04-18-2010, 06:23 PM
Yeah I don't know why. Maybe they want to save him for later and make sure he doesn't get into foul trouble right away. Tyson's the guy I want in in the 4th quarter. Brown has been trying to work Nazr back into the lineup after he missed so many games with a bad back but he's just not ready.

I'd have much rather see Diop (if he's healthy) since at least all he'll do is try to play D and not take contested shots.

...Nice run by the Cats. One bad defensive possession but Williams missed the 3 on it.

DerekRE_3
04-18-2010, 06:24 PM
I'd have much rather see Diop (if he's healthy) since at least all he'll do is try to play D and not take contested shots.

...Nice run by the Cats. One bad defensive possession but Williams missed the 3 on it.

Yeah Diop has been out even longer than Nazr, I don't think he's even dressed.

king4day
04-18-2010, 06:26 PM
Hughes looking decent so far.

king4day
04-18-2010, 06:27 PM
I can't believe Gortat didn't go in with it when he was 5 feet from the rim. SVG better rip him for that.
They got the 3, but u can't rely on the 3 all game long.

bigsams50
04-18-2010, 06:29 PM
Orlando killin it from 3

king4day
04-18-2010, 06:33 PM
They don't start missing 3's then this is gonna be a long game for Charlotte. They had the paint closed pretty well, but you can't keep clogging if 3's are raining like this. Most of these are WIDE open.

*Superman*
04-18-2010, 06:34 PM
Some of you n00bs picked Bobcats to win.

NYMetros
04-18-2010, 06:39 PM
:yawn:

Another exciting NBA playoff game. :rolleyes:

Can't wait til the next round once all the average teams have been weeded out.

bigsams50
04-18-2010, 06:42 PM
Some of you n00bs picked Bobcats to win.

Its still early, dont get 2 cocky.

ManRam
04-18-2010, 06:43 PM
Jameer Nelson proving all the haters wrong. That's my boy.

Hope Captain Jack is okay

bigsams50
04-18-2010, 06:45 PM
Jameers last shot is an example of how the first half went for Orlando

iggypop123
04-18-2010, 06:46 PM
nelson= GOAT

MagicBucsSox
04-18-2010, 06:47 PM

your the worst magic fan, why would u hope he's ok???
and nelsons having a good game but thats exactly what it is......."a" good game

heathonater
04-18-2010, 06:48 PM
dwight howard is giving a monster defensive effort today.

roshan3ai
04-18-2010, 06:49 PM
your the worst magic fan, why would u hope he's ok???and nelsons having a good game but thats exactly what it is......."a" good game
:eyebrow: Because he's not an a-hole and doesn't wish pain upon others?!

iggypop123
04-18-2010, 06:49 PM

lets see what happens when he comes back to earth first. he is on some lucky streak.

*Superman*
04-18-2010, 06:56 PM
Its still early, dont get 2 cocky.

Sorry it feels good to own.

MagicBucsSox
04-18-2010, 07:00 PM
:eyebrow: Because he's not an a-hole and doesn't wish pain upon others?!

nor do i but i dont want to see him again til next season, do you actually think if one our guys went down cat fans will want them back?

MagicBucsSox
04-18-2010, 07:02 PM
last yr orlando was up like this on philly game1, left left my house and come home to a loss, KEEP BALLIN LIKE WE'RE DOWN

ManRam
04-18-2010, 07:07 PM
your the worst magic fan, why would u hope he's ok???
and nelsons having a good game but thats exactly what it is......."a" good game

I'd rather beat them fair and square. You wish harm upon you're opponents? If that makes me a bad fan, you're a bad person.

Saying "hope he's ok" makes me a bad fan...I've now heard it all from you :rolleyes:

They don't scare me with or without Jackson.

lets see what happens when he comes back to earth first. he is on some lucky streak.

He'll come back down to Earth, but Vince, Dwight and Shard will get it going. We have too many options. When one guy gets cold, the others pick him up.

Jameer was a 50/40/80 guys last year. Insane percentages for a PG. You can call it luck, but when he's healthy and going full steam, he's an elite scoring PG.

*Superman*
04-18-2010, 07:07 PM
ManRam...um...Me and RS just raped the Magic/Cats thread. lol

ManRam
04-18-2010, 07:10 PM
ManRam...um...Me and RS just raped the Magic/Cats thread. lol

Too many ****ing game threads to keep track of. Basically two here, and one in our forum.

Iodine
04-18-2010, 07:10 PM
LOL @ some ***hat wanting injuries

*Superman*
04-18-2010, 07:11 PM
Too many ****ing game threads to keep track of. Basically two here, and one in our forum.

One in our forum. Anyways I'm off. This game is too unfair and I've got **** to do. Late.

ManRam
04-18-2010, 07:12 PM
Peas Supe.

dc5jdm
04-18-2010, 07:29 PM
:mad:the game has been boring so far...:mad::mad:

dc5jdm
04-18-2010, 07:32 PM
The lakers could use someonce like jj reddick to run the point, not a true pg but can knock down the 3. Also kevin mchale sucks at broadcasting..

king4day
04-18-2010, 07:38 PM
How is it so dark outside that arena? In Charlotte it's still sunny out.

dc5jdm
04-18-2010, 07:55 PM
How is it so dark outside that arena? In Charlotte it's still sunny out.

Its the evil magic kingdome.

Jays Claw
04-18-2010, 07:56 PM
Stephen Jackson has to get back in the game.

asandhu23
04-18-2010, 07:57 PM
Magic fans have a life unlike Lakers fans.... :clap::clap::clap:

king4day
04-18-2010, 07:59 PM
So is Charlotte playing much better D or are the magic imploding?

RocketsRule
04-18-2010, 08:01 PM
Magic really need Carter or Howard to get it going.

RocketsRule
04-18-2010, 08:01 PM
Looks like it won't be Carter, he's fouled out.

dc5jdm
04-18-2010, 08:02 PM
Honestly does anyone think the magic are better off with Hedo?

The magic are a better team this year because the supporting cast plus Dwight got better.

Jays Claw
04-18-2010, 08:05 PM
Dwight Howard got away with a foul. :laugh2:

bigsams50
04-18-2010, 08:07 PM
Dwight should have fouled out there

Jays Claw
04-18-2010, 08:08 PM
That slam dunk by Dwight Howard was ferocious!

Jays Claw
04-18-2010, 08:09 PM
The Magic are on pace to win game one.

king4day
04-18-2010, 08:10 PM
Wel good effort by the Cats to get back into this one. They can build on this effort.

Nice win for Orlando. Elite teams can weather this storm and they did a nice job.

Kakaroach
04-18-2010, 08:12 PM
Bobcats as expected really fought back and got themselves in the game but if they only didn't fall behind by so much they could've won this game.

Carter and Howard better not have games this bad again, especially in Charlotte.

OrderOfCook
04-18-2010, 08:15 PM
Dwight should have fouled out thrice in the last 4 minutes.

bigsams50
04-18-2010, 08:15 PM
25 pts and 17 boards for Crash. Dammit if we only played better in that first half

DerekRE_3
04-18-2010, 08:17 PM
25 pts and 17 boards for Crash. Dammit if we only played better in that first half

Yeah hopefully we can get off to a better start in game 2. At least Gerald showed America what he can do today. A lot of people haven't seem him play a lot since Charlotte is never on national TV.

bigsams50
04-18-2010, 08:20 PM
Yeah hopefully we can get off to a better start in game 2. At least Gerald showed America what he can do today. A lot of people haven't seem him play a lot since Charlotte is never on national TV.

Definately man, he doesnt get enough respect. And alot of people dont realize how much he actually does for us every game

RadiantShot
04-18-2010, 08:25 PM
Gerald Wallace, Raymond Felton, and Stephen Jackson all scared me beyond belief in the second half. We can NOT let that happen anymore. I liked the Bobcats' resilience, but then again, of course I hated it, because I'm a Magic fan. Good game Cats. Looking forward to Game 2!

DerekRE_3
04-18-2010, 08:27 PM
Gerald Wallace, Raymond Felton, and Stephen Jackson all scared me beyond belief in the second half. We can NOT let that happen anymore. I liked the Bobcats' resilience, but then again, of course I hated it, because I'm a Magic fan. Good game Cats. Looking forward to Game 2!

Yep, you too.

bigsams50
04-18-2010, 08:28 PM

Good luck 2 yall aswell

RadiantShot
04-18-2010, 08:28 PM
Thank ya!

Iodine
04-18-2010, 08:29 PM
The bobcats with even a dependable 14/7 bigman with good percentages=50 win team

MagicBucsSox
04-18-2010, 08:36 PM
larry brown won this game for us taking jackson away in crunch time and i better never see a magic fan talk of that bum nelson again, he did squat for this team when we needed him most

MagicBucsSox
04-18-2010, 08:36 PM
The bobcats with even a dependable 14/7 bigman with good percentages=50 win team

they traded him for chandler remember

Sadds The Gr8
04-18-2010, 08:39 PM

i've been saying that for awhile

ManRam
04-18-2010, 08:45 PM
larry brown won this game for us taking jackson away in crunch time and i better never see a magic fan talk of that bum nelson again, he did squat for this team when we needed him most

I've never seen someone hate a player on their own team as much as you do.

Who did better in the 3rd and 4th? He was flawless in the last 2-3 minutes.

Did he shoot your mother? Is that what it is?

MagicBucsSox
04-18-2010, 08:49 PM
he can only shoot her if dwight was there, if dwight isnt, he wouldnt shoot squat

carter15
04-18-2010, 09:00 PM
we won because of him. what you do in the first 24 minutes is just as important as what you do in the 2nd 24 minutes. because without his first half, we lose that game.

Wcuracer29
04-18-2010, 09:36 PM
i don't think we'll win another game if the Magic play the way they did in the 2nd half- that was close to terrible. i give credit to Charlotte, they stepped it up and Felton (TARHEEL!) played lights out along with Wallace.

I'm really suprised SteveNash hasn't showed his face talking crap about the low scoring of D12, and especially Vince (Hedo's replacement) since he obviously thinks Hedo was a savior for us.

AirCanada15ORL
04-18-2010, 10:03 PM
These teams match up well. Dwight was a beast defensively. Orlando's 2 best players struggled (well D12 didnt really see the ball much) greatly on offense, Howard and VC. VC was creating his shot well but just missed so dam much. Carter and Howard were in foul trouble all night and VC fouled out, I hope they bounce back for next game because Magic cant expect Nelson to do that again first half.

a + for Magic, Rashard was playing like I was hoping. Was hustling too.

I wish the Magic werent trying to defeat the Bobcats because I like that team - larry hughes.

seems like a lot of ppl had nervous shooting nights first playoff game. Durant, VC, Kobe.

homestarunner93
04-18-2010, 10:04 PM

Jackson was hurt, it would have been stupid to run through all the strength his knee had in game 1. Brown was smart to rest him, he'll need him later on.

AirCanada15ORL
04-18-2010, 10:06 PM
Oh and thought Id say the Magic were getting calls first half, I noticed. Dwight's goaltend for one.
but second half it flipped. There were no calls on drives like all night.
VC's 6 fouls were all qeustionable...like 3 were from him getting backed down and playing tight D.

RadiantShot
04-18-2010, 10:41 PM

Jameer Nelson was the reason we were even contending with them in the first half. Without him, we would've been up by only 4, or maybe even tied with them in the first half, then they would've came out swinging in the 3rd, and we'd probably be down going into the 4th. 48 minutes if 48 minutes. Just like AirCanada said, what you do in the first 24 minutes is just as important as what you do in the 2nd 24 minutes. Don't hate on Nelson, he was fire tonight, whether you want to admit it or not. He was pretty much unstoppable the whole 1st half, and gave us quality minutes in the 4th, so please, whipe off your TV screen, and watch basketball the right way.

sNaKeS
04-18-2010, 10:44 PM
Where is SteveNash!? He was so adamant that the magic would not win this game/series! I love these idiots who talk trash but don't want to pay the piper when they look like morons. "Felton is a SUPERIOR defender to Nelson"! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RadiantShot
04-18-2010, 10:49 PM
^
Haha. Nelson killed the statline. 32 Points (Tying career high.)

carter15
04-18-2010, 10:56 PM
Jameer Nelson was the reason we were even contending with them in the first half. Without him, we would've been up by only 4, or maybe even tied with them in the first half, then they would've came out swinging in the 3rd, and we'd probably be down going into the 4th. 48 minutes if 48 minutes. Just like AirCanada said, what you do in the first 24 minutes is just as important as what you do in the 2nd 24 minutes. Don't hate on Nelson, he was fire tonight, whether you want to admit it or not. He was pretty much unstoppable the whole 1st half, and gave us quality minutes in the 4th, so please, whipe off your TV screen, and watch basketball the right way.

I actually said that, thanks.

And it's not entirely true, now that I really think of it, but it's almost as important :p and we would not have been in the game, or in the position we were in had it not been for Nelson's first half.

RadiantShot
04-18-2010, 11:00 PM
I actually said that, thanks.

And it's not entirely true, now that I really think of it, but it's almost as important :p and we would not have been in the game, or in the position we were in had it not been for Nelson's first half.

Sorry. Was going to say Carter, but you never type properly ;), so I automatically assumed it was AirCan. My bad. And, it is pretty important. Think about it, if you go into the second half, with a lead, and get careless, and lose some of the lead, you can always fix it going into the 4th, but if you go into the half being down, and come out careless as well, you're going to be trailing going into the 4th, with more pressure, and have a harder game in your hands.

Agreed with the Nelson comment.

ManRam
04-18-2010, 11:03 PM
Yeah. It's almost as important. We wouldn't have been in the game, or had the cushion we had without his play in the first half. Then in the second half when everyone went cold, we could have created a deficit for us to have to work out of. He wasn't good in the second half, but most of the team wasn't.

To single out him like MBS is doing, and singling only him out for being the reason we had a bad second half is just laughable.

Raph12
04-18-2010, 11:55 PM
I don't like Van Gundy's rotations at all, he sat Dwight with only one foul two minutes into the second quarter (7 blocks and 5 rebounds), after that, everytime Dwight came in, he picked up a foul and saw the bench again. Had D12 stayed on, we may not have ever let up and Dwight might have finished the game with 12-15 blocks and even gotten it going on the offensive end. IMO until D12 gets into foul trouble, you let him stay on the floor, he's 24 years old, he can handle ~45mpg (should he never get into foul trouble).

Also Dwight should've seen the ball a lot more in the second half, Nelson and our shooters were ripping the Cats in the first, but after the offense became complacent, we should've gone to Dwight more.

A lot of people said having a deep bench could hurt you, it did both for us in the game today, I think we should stick to our starters more times than not and stop subbing guys out after the first miss.

All in all, a hard fought first game, we showed a lot of relentlessness, but it was a lot closer than it should've been. For game 2, VC needs to knock down the easy shots he had and Dwight needs to be much more aggressive on the offensive end.

Wcuracer29
04-18-2010, 11:59 PM
Raph12 speaks the truth...have the Magic offerred you a specialist's job?

Raph12
04-19-2010, 12:05 AM
Raph12 speaks the truth...have the Magic offerred you a specialist's job?

Wish they would, I'd make Dwight into one of the GOAT to play the center position. :p