PDA

View Full Version : Phil Jackson begins the mind games with Kevin Durant

D Roses Bulls
04-14-2010, 06:41 PM
"Yeah, by the calls he gets, he really gets to the line a lot, I'll tell ya," Jackson said Tuesday. "There's a couple plays in the last game where I was pretty curious how he got there."

Durant leads the NBA in scoring (30.1 points a game) and free-throw attempts (10.3 a game). By comparison, Kobe Bryant's best season ever in free-throw attempts was 10.2 a game in 2005-06.

Jackson called Durant a "special player" earlier this season, but, well, this is the playoffs, so Jackson began the mind games several days before the Lakers faced the Thunder.

http://articles.latimes.com/2010/apr/13/sports/la-sp-lakers-fyi-20100414

HoopsDrive
04-14-2010, 06:51 PM
Superstars should not be bothered by mind games like this one. Let's see what KD is made of.

Bruno
04-14-2010, 06:52 PM
There it is, I was waiting for it.

Kakaroach
04-14-2010, 06:54 PM
Mind games mean nothing if you don't give a crap what some old guy says about you.

But yeah, hopefully this doesn't get to KD.

masalex1205
04-14-2010, 06:57 PM
"Yeah, by the calls he gets, he really gets to the line a lot, I'll tell ya," Jackson said Tuesday. "There's a couple plays in the last game where I was pretty curious how he got there."

http://articles.latimes.com/2010/apr/13/sports/la-sp-lakers-fyi-20100414

Yeah Phil b/c Kobe never gets any calls :rolleyes:

D Roses Bulls
04-14-2010, 06:58 PM
how many games do you think this series goes? i say the lakers with kobe in 5 games.

Avenged
04-14-2010, 06:58 PM
Yeah Phil b/c Kobe never gets any calls :rolleyes:

They're just mind games man.

Avenged
04-14-2010, 06:59 PM
how many games do you think this series goes? i say the lakers with kobe in 5 games.

What do you mean "with Kobe"?

Am I missing something?

D Roses Bulls
04-14-2010, 07:02 PM
What do you mean "with Kobe"?

Am I missing something?

i mean if some how kobe isnt injured. im not saying he is, but that finger is looking pretty bad. so you never know, but yes this is the playoffs so he will most likely play every minute he can

$ NyC $
04-14-2010, 07:05 PM
The Thunder are a dangerous team. Just getting this playoff experience is gonna make them even deadlier next year.

Avenged
i mean if some how kobe isnt injured. im not saying he is, but that finger is looking pretty bad. so you never know, but yes this is the playoffs so he will most likely play every minute he can

Oh alright, I thought he wasn't sure on playing the first round that I didn't hear about it. But yeah it's the playoffs, I fully expect him to play. The only way he won't play is if he can't walk. (In his own words)

Kingz4L
I bet Durnat laughed when he heard about what Phil said.....The only way this affects Durants game is if the refs dont make any calls in his favor...thats it...he wont stop driving to the hoop our drawing fouls.

mikantsass
04-14-2010, 07:06 PM
Phil Jackson is the whiniest little girll in all of sports, that being said Durant does get rediculous calls from all of his flopping and head jerking

Kidd>>>K-Mart
04-14-2010, 07:06 PM
Durantula will explode on the Lakers...you watch. Im sounding crazy but every so many years there usually is an upset and the Thunder look for real to me. I think their ability to run the floor and endurance and hustle will take out the Lakers. Only way I see Lakers winning this is if Kobe takes over, otherwise I don't think the heart is in it for everyone else on that team.

Kingz4L
04-14-2010, 07:17 PM
Durantula will explode on the Lakers...you watch. Im sounding crazy but every so many years there usually is an upset and the Thunder look for real to me. I think their ability to run the floor and endurance and hustle will take out the Lakers. Only way I see Lakers winning this is if Kobe takes over, otherwise I don't think the heart is in it for everyone else on that team.

The only reason Lakers will win this particular series has nothing to do with Kobe...infact I think they win in 5 without him...if Lakers take their advantages on offense with Bynum and Gasol then thats all they will need..mark my words...if Gasol and Bynum dont play well...they are out.

Cause when you think about it...

Westbrook will $hiz on Fisher
Durant will get Artest in foul trouble every game (if the refs dont listen to Phil Jackson about his *****inn about calls)
Sefalotia will make Kobe take 25-30 shots a game (10-15 of them bad shots)
And the Thunder bench has an all around advantage (Green will guard Odom)

This should make Gasol and Bynum free to mess with Collison..so if they are smart they should go to Gasol and Bynum a lot more often.

I pick Lakers to win in 6

The Final Boss
04-14-2010, 07:17 PM
Mind games mean nothing if you don't give a crap what some old guy says about you.

But yeah, hopefully this doesn't get to KD.

Not because you care for Kevin Durant, but rather your hate for the Lakers...:facepalm:

Raph12
04-14-2010, 07:32 PM
Meh I got LA in 5.

kblo247
04-14-2010, 07:36 PM
Smell that ....

The scent of the playoffs is in the air and Phil is in postseason form.

Rego247
04-14-2010, 07:38 PM
LA in probably 5 max.

whats the status on bynum, is he good to go?

WITZ
04-14-2010, 07:49 PM
Whats new phil whining again...they still gonna take out the thunder in 6 games the most.

Wilson
04-14-2010, 07:54 PM
We already have a Lakers - Thunder Series Thread (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=475012), please keep stuff like this in that thread guys.