PDA

View Full Version : Playoff Scenarios Western & Eastern Conference

JordansBulls
04-14-2010, 08:40 AM
http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/04/14/2010-nba-playoff-scenarios/

If Chicago wins at Charlotte tonight or Toronto loses at home against the Knicks, the Bulls will win the No. 8.

If the Bulls lose and the Raptors win, Toronto gets the eighth seed.

The Celtics lost Tuesday, clinching the No. 3 seed for Atlanta.

If the Bucks beat the Celtics tonight and Miami loses to the Nets, Milwaukee would clinch the No. 5 seed and face Boston in the first round, pairing off Atlanta and Miami in the 3-6 match-up.

If Miami wins, or if the Bucks lose, the Heat would clinch the No. 5 seed, setting up Atlanta-Milwaukee in the 3-6 and Boston-Miami in the 4-5.

* The 1-8 pairing -- the Lakers against the Thunder -- is set in stone.

* Dallas can clinch the No. 2 with a win or a Jazz loss to the Suns. If the Mavericks do get the No. 2 seed, they will face Portland or San Antonio. Dallas would have home court advantage if they made it to the second round.

* If the Mavs lose and the Jazz win, Dallas would become the No. 3 seed, and would face either Portland or San Antonio. Dallas would not have home court advantage in the second round.

* If the Jazz lose (which means the Suns would move to 54-29), Denver is the Northwest Division champion and clinches the No. 4 seed. The Jazz would fall to No. 5. The pair would meet in the first round, with the Nuggets holding home court advantage. The Suns would draw either Portland or San Antonio.

* If the Jazz win (which means a Suns loss), but the Mavericks also win, Utah clinches the No. 3 seed. The Suns would fall to No. 4, meeting the Nuggets (No. 5) in the first round.

* If Portland beats the visiting Warriors, the Blazers clinch the No. 6 seed, and would face either Dallas, Utah or Phoenix pending the above results.

* If San Antonio beats Dallas and the Blazers lose, the Spurs become the No. 6 seed, and would face Dallas, Utah or Phoenix. The Blazers would fall to No. 7 and face the Mavericks or Jazz.

Probably scenario

Cleveland (1) vs. Chicago (8)
Orlando (2) vs. Charlotte (7)
Atlanta (3) vs. Milwaukee (6)
Boston (4) vs. Miami (5)

L.A. Lakers (1) vs. Oklahoma City (8)
Dallas (2) vs. San Antonio (7)
Utah (3) vs. Portland (6)
Phoenix (4) vs. Denver (5)

Lo Porto
04-14-2010, 09:32 AM
That Suns at Jazz game tonight is so huge. 3 of the best teams in the league hang in the balance (Jazz, Suns, and Nuggets). And the winner of the best conference also hangs in the balance. If the Jazz win, they win the Northwest which also features the Nugs, Blazers and Thunder. If the Jazz lose, the Nuggets take the division.

Chronz
04-14-2010, 11:30 AM
If the Mavs win it means the Spurs lose so they automatically play San Antonio and not Portland.

So far all the playoff scenarios are going down exactly how I wanted, I hope that doesnt change today.

JordansBulls
04-14-2010, 11:31 AM
That Suns at Jazz game tonight is so huge. 3 of the best teams in the league hang in the balance (Jazz, Suns, and Nuggets). And the winner of the best conference also hangs in the balance. If the Jazz win, they win the Northwest which also features the Nugs, Blazers and Thunder. If the Jazz lose, the Nuggets take the division.

I think it is best for the Jazz to win and get the #3 seed and not the #2 seed. It is better for them to play Portland in round 1 over San Antonio.

king4day
04-14-2010, 11:40 AM
I think Charlotte and Toronto both win tonight. Del Negro won't return then.

Though, I'd rather watch Bulls/Cavs. Just a more entertaining first round.

JordansBulls
04-14-2010, 07:35 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=An8B_gpDRID07OEg5N1QjwO8vLYF?slug=ys-playoffscenarios10